As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Aaaand the Model 8 is worthless now.

GG DICE

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So after revving my squad mates over 8 times as a support, my Tides of War counter for the 6 revives went up by ... 0.

Am I missing something?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    So after revving my squad mates over 8 times as a support, my Tides of War counter for the 6 revives went up by ... 0.

Am I missing something?

A build that actually went through QA? :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular

Am I missing something?

My friend had the same problem. He also had problems last week with the first part.

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular

Am I missing something?

Try queuing for a game thru the tides of war menu. When you look at what you need for the mission it has the ability to enter a game. That worked for me.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    The daily challenge for a prone kill popped for me yesterday after I killed a guy while I was standing straight up :rotate:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Jackfrags " Doesn't seem like a massive change, you do notice it from time to time. Still had fun in my games still felt good, still enjoy it."

Yet the sub-reddits act like dice inappropriately touched a series of people.

To be clear - I'm fine with "I don't like it" because X. crapping all over dice because this is 'the worst ever' or advocating people try to get refunds is lame.

Are you sure you're watching the same JF video? Or was this during a stream? Because he does not sound happy with the changes in his video today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-TCt_aUnI

My quote was end of his stream verbatim. Hes def a bit more negative here.

I still maintain its not a big deal. They opened up new balance issues with it.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Also wtf is going on at dice?

3hiehxmvz7421.png?width=631&auto=webp&s=5acc43b9024b5f0162283f9535a6ae714f2662f8

Were these changes forced on them?

Guy also admits that the root issue TTD is now even worse as you get shot for even longer yet register 1 hit.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Management overriding the dev team based on the rumored poor sales of the game?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    Damn I am glad that twitter wasn't a thing when I was at EA.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    Maybe last night was a fluke, but it feels like this change might be having the reverse of the intended effect. Used to be able to find Domination games in 20 seconds or less, but last night was consistently around 2 minutes to find games. So I dunno if people are hating the change that much and not playing, or just all the servers were full or something.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Played 2 hours last night. Even after a few squad revive as an assault, still not one has registered for the quest. I'm on PS4 btw in case that makes a differnence.

Am I understanding this one properly? You just revive your squadmates (green guys) while being either assault, support or Recon. That's it? no other specific requirements? Because I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

P.s: I do use the Tide of War queue to play games.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    i cannot fathom how incredibly frustrating that bug must be.

hats off to you for coping sir.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Ive been having no problems with the game with the changes. Idunno if its because im not great, or because somehow Support/Medic are strong after it, but im doing fine. D:

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I’ve been doing ok as well. My perf yesterday when I finally got to play seemed very similar to before. I did definitely notice that your target has more time to react, but only certain weapons (looking at you m30 drilling) are likely to affect the outcome substantially. It is harder to plink from a distance (I play assault mostly) because the target will get a chance to move.

On the bug, man I dunno. Mine didn’t react on my 2nd revive because it was the same guy, so I figured it had to be different squadmates, but I was able to complete it over 2 matches. I’m really not sure why yours is having such issues.

I did notice that while swimming, if you switch to your pistol then aim down sights, it puts the pistol right up in the middle of your view, so that bug is back.

Overall just going to start working through this weeks tides of war stuff to finish up the last few ranks of chap 1.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think as I'm mid 30s now, im not as quick reaction wise, so longer TTK gives me time to react and win the gunfight maybe? Its making Medic actually usable for me, even if its only super close range.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    I still don't think the change has ruined the game, but the more I played last night the more I disliked it. Maybe if alot of the guns got a boost to the amount of rounds per mag or something? I felt like I was always just barely able to kill one guy with all 25 KE7 shots. TTK-wise, I think it was just fine before and all this nonsense is just so unnecessary =/

The Model 8 is ruined, however. Nothing more than an extra spotting scope that you can use to maybe mildly annoy an enemy.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    The Model 8 is ruined, however. Nothing more than an extra spotting scope that you can use to maybe mildly annoy an enemy.

Still 2 hit kill with a head shot. just not one body - body
    but of the SLRs my dearest model 8 is the greatest effected.....

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Next week's tide of war stuff seems impossible for me to complete since I never am able to get a plane or a tank.

I miss the old days of running up and jumping into one when it spawn.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I tried playing the other day before the patch and just put the controller down. I dunno, the fun I was having with it were off really quickly. I haven't had a chance to play post TTK patch but the things I'm seeing really make me feel like Dice or whoever has no clue what they're doing anymore. I dunno if poor sales have sent them all into a panicked tailspin and they're just throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks or what but it's just bizarre. Nobody really seemed to want a TTK change just for them to fix the TTD issue. But... they didn't? If anything it sounds like they made it worse?

Dice. What do?

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Still 2 hit kill with a head shot. just not one body - body
    but of the SLRs my dearest model 8 is the greatest effected.....

Am I missing something from the changes? All SLRs are now three body shots to kill or one body one head, so the Model 8 should be the least effected since it was already 3 shots to kill and the fastest firing SLR

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Well the truth comes out -

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a6742d/battlefield_v_letter_to_the_community_new_core/
    So, why change TTK now? The intent came from us observing that new players are having a very hard time with the game compared to our core players, and we wanted to see if we could improve this over the holidays so more players can have a great time."

They are scrambling as their data shows less experienced players are dropping the game and not coming back in frustration. Not netcode problems. Or TTD problems.

Retention issues. No steady flow of players, no >future< MTX money....

So we now get a split player base.... the new ttk on its own set of playlists.... Split balance between the TTK values? Who knows?

I feel like.... and its early still ..... this could be BF Hardline 2.0 and we are all playing an older battlefield game in 4 months as the new one just didn't cut it...

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Well.

That's certainly a thing.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    none of that seems unreasonable or greedy to me

maybe they picked up the wrong tool out of the game experience toolbox

but large numbers of new players immediately peaceing out is a big problem worth solving regardless of any monetization plans

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The problem is they tried swinging a hatchet while blindfolded instead of using a scalpel after consulting an X-Ray.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    none of that seems unreasonable or greedy to me

maybe they picked up the wrong tool out of the game experience toolbox

but large numbers of new players immediately peaceing out is a big problem worth solving regardless of any monetization plans

This guy nailed it ->

GONG-00 wrote: »
    The problem is they tried swinging a hatchet while blindfolded instead of using a scalpel after consulting an X-Ray.

its not a greed issue per say, they need to make money - But the people that bought the game as sold are now being relegated to a secondary playlist to play the game as it was sold to them. This is being done for 'new' people that may or may not ever return. That doesn't feel good. There may(definitely) have been better ways to handle that.

Also they literally used the fact that the player base would not be split by DLC as a selling point..... and now splitting the player base in a seemingly fast/panic move. Its rough. Doesn't instill confidence....

And to be sure, many of those people that purchased the game are flailing and gnashing their teeth vs eloquently stating their dislike.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    I can see the idea behind it but this screams knee jerk overreaction. Splitting the player bases is a dumb move and tells me they don't really have any confidence in this decision and are trying to preemptively staunch the outflow of angry, core battlefield fans. Which... I don't think is going to happen. So they're trading one player base for another.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm fine with the ttk for gun fights.

The problem for me, as it is with pretty much every battlefield, is snipers, planes, and now V2 rockets.

Dying randomly and often with no recourse is not fun.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just had some good games. Lucked into some good situations and managed to clear most of this week’s ToW stuff up to the “killing two people with a V1”.

I forced myself to use a recon to try and do some assignments and got a better feel for it and leveled it up some.

Breakthrough as Brits on Rotterdam I got a spawn beacon into a very cheeky location that basically hard locked down point A for the entire match and the Germans never advanced once.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    The airborne assignment is a real motherfucker ain't it?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    Question. I've been a squad leader a few times, and have managed to acquire enough points to call in reinforcements. But I have no idea where they go when I call them. Could I get a hint?

• Options
    Hold the call in button, pick the one you want. Then you'll get a pair of goggles. Aim through the goggles to pick where the airdrop will land, then click the fire button.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Call in button on pc is B

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    Hmm. I've never had the goggles pop up. Thanks for the help guys.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Only need the V2 assignment. Almost had it yesterday but our squad lead didn't get it out fast enough and we won the match while he was trying to land one.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Aaaand the Model 8 is worthless now.

GG DICE

What, does it take 3 body shots now?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Is there a way to switch teams when you're in a match?

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    Only need the V2 assignment. Almost had it yesterday but our squad lead didn't get it out fast enough and we won the match while he was trying to land one.

I'm hating this assignment since it depends on 1: you squad getting the point. 2: your squad leader actually getting off their ass and actually using it and 3: it actually hitting two people.

I just had three games in a row where our squad had more than enough to call it in and our leader never did it.

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any advice for seeing people? I turned my graphics all the way down and I feel like I spend more time squinting at the screen looking for people than I do actually doing anything meaningful. :/ Hard to identify people until its too late.

• Options
    Does anyone have any advice for seeing people? I turned my graphics all the way down and I feel like I spend more time squinting at the screen looking for people than I do actually doing anything meaningful. :/ Hard to identify people until its too late.

I think it just comes with time. You start getting used to it. At least I have.