Options

[chat] CIVIL WAR!!!!

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the drawback of dedicated servers is the de_dust phenomenon

yes for the love of god enforce a rotation please

yeah that's why I only ever pick the servers that rotate holy shit I hate playing the same map over and over

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Didn't realize it's not called matchmaking if it's not peer to peer.

Well I don't know about that, that might be a thing I've missed out on terminology wise.

But for instance lots of the mobas run their own servers and have matchmaking, that's not peer2peer in the usual sense but it's still heavy algorithm based matchmaking.

Then there's like For Honor for instance, where there is matchmaking on a central server but the game is created with one or more players acting as host. With the added benefit of disconnects ending every third game, lousy hit detection due to sync etc.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

yeah that's why I only ever pick the servers that rotate holy shit I hate playing the same map over and over

it was a bit of a problem when more and more and more of the server list got taken over by that one map

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Didn't realize it's not called matchmaking if it's not peer to peer.

Well I don't know about that, that might be a thing I've missed out on terminology wise.

But for instance lots of the mobas run their own servers and have matchmaking, that's not peer2peer in the usual sense but it's still heavy algorithm based matchmaking.

Then there's like For Honor for instance, where there is matchmaking on a central server but the game is created with one or more players acting as host. With the added benefit of disconnects ending every third game, lousy hit detection due to sync etc.

I think our dedicated servers / matchmaking dichotomy is just false

but it fits in this case - especially since BF2142 is from the nascency of matchmaking, not that long after halo 2 came out

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Team Doge

it was a bit of a problem when more and more and more of the server list got taken over by that one map

I've really only seen that in counterstrike that I can think of

but battlefield is really the only other series I play that uses them anymore so maybe it happened more back in the day than I remember

I still see plenty of battlefield servers that only play one map but there are usually a solid few with good connections that rotate through all maps or at least all maps in the latest expansion pack

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

but battlefield is really the only other series I play that uses them anymore so maybe it happened more back in the day than I remember

I still see plenty of battlefield servers that only play one map but there are usually a solid few with good connections that rotate through all maps or at least all maps in the latest expansion pack

I'm installing BF2 now because I gotta stop by and say hello

I bet my ass like half the server list will be running Strike at Karkand exclusively

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Team Doge

I bet my ass like half the server list will be running Strike at Karkand exclusively

yeah I forgot about Karkand

they brought it back in BF3 in the first expansion, but it didn't get played exclusively like in 2

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    I got 16 players with one tank shell on Caspian Border in BF3 once, I was just aimlessly lobbing down diagonally across half the map. I asked in the chat wtf happened but nobody told me.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Team Doge
    I got 16 players with one tank shell on Caspian Border in BF3 once, I was just aimlessly lobbing down diagonally across half the map. I asked in the chat wtf happened but nobody told me.

they were having a tea party and you are a huge asshole

like the nerve

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

like the nerve

Oh nooo :(

and I wasn't even invited. :(

• Options
    Team Doge

like the nerve

Oh nooo :(

and I wasn't even invited. :(

and you never will ya shell-lobbing philistine!

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

yeah I forgot about Karkand

they brought it back in BF3 in the first expansion, but it didn't get played exclusively like in 2

not so odd, probably

BF3 is hella different

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Bernie Sanders
    tf2

2fort

instant respawn

no time or score limit

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bernie Sanders
    I'm 30 mins early for work

Fuck this I'm getting a coffee

They're not getting free work outta me

• Options
    Team Doge
    evilbob wrote: »
    tf2

2fort

instant respawn

no time or score limit

yes that is one way to describe a molecule of cancerous tissue

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Team spool32
    tf2

2fort

instant respawn

no time or score limit

custom game settings in shooters make for a pretty strong argument that the average human can't be trusted to make decisions for themselves

• Options
    Team Doge
    tf2

2fort

instant respawn

no time or score limit

custom game settings in shooters make for a pretty strong argument that the average human can't be trusted to make decisions for themselves

I mean you could also say one man's hell is another man's Valhalla

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Team spool32
    tf2

2fort

instant respawn

no time or score limit

I mean you could also say one man's hell is another man's Valhalla
    you could say the average human is incapable of correctly identifying valhalla

• Options
    HL server scripted to alternate sv_gravity 0 and sv_gravity 9999 at random intervals.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Team spool32
    unreal tournament
    dm_deck_16
    low grav
    instagib

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    unreal tournament
    dm_deck_16
    low grav
    instagib

a man after my own heart

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Morning. Honk, I haven't had a domestic train ride in... decades.

• Options
    Team Doge
    goldeneye

facility

the man with the golden gun

paintball mode so mom doesn't see blood and get mad

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders
    @Podly ^

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bernie Sanders
    Tav wrote: »

holy shit this sucks

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Team Chanus
    Also they misspell 'Cavalry' in the poem. 0/10.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

Nonsense. There are so many Calvarys who is to say there's not also one in the air?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Team Doge
    Dog pooped in the house this morning. I caught him and he got a telling while doing it. Which is about the only time being loud works. Lesson on timing for both of us. So whatever. Cleaned it up, washed the floor and the rug. Luckily he got freaked and 90% of the poop was on the wood not my nice rug.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

That's what makes it art.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    In a last-minute effort to sink the Republican health care bill, a powerful network of conservative donors said Wednesday it would create a new fund for Republican 2018 reelection races -- but they'll only open it up to GOPers who vote against the bill.

Wow since when were the Koch brothers the goo-
    The Koch-aligned networks oppose the bill because they think it does not do enough to scale back former President Barack Obama's health care policies.

...oh.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    There are not enough poems about carvaries

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Team Doge
    Neco wrote: »
    In a last-minute effort to sink the Republican health care bill, a powerful network of conservative donors said Wednesday it would create a new fund for Republican 2018 reelection races -- but they'll only open it up to GOPers who vote against the bill.

Wow since when were the Koch brothers the goo-
    The Koch-aligned networks oppose the bill because they think it does not do enough to scale back former President Barack Obama's health care policies.

...oh.

yeah

the enemy of my enemy is still a cunt

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Team Chanus
    I was going to say "Good morning, Europeans!", but then I saw that evilbob was here.

So I was going to add "and Australians!", but then I saw that there were a fair few weirdo early-rising East Coasters like me.

So I was going to add "and weirdo East Coasters!", but then I saw that Neco was here.

So good morning, world. Is Ronya around? That would really help us complete our circumnavigation of the globe :P

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Team spool32
    good morning

a friend of mine is also learning swedish. some of the sentences i have to translate are amusing. his tend to get a bit... dark...

zja3llopxbad.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Team Doge
    yikes

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Girls just wanna have phone

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Dog pooped in the house this morning. I caught him and he got a telling while doing it. Which is about the only time being loud works. Lesson on timing for both of us. So whatever. Cleaned it up, washed the floor and the rug. Luckily he got freaked and 90% of the poop was on the wood not my nice rug.

Are there pictures? I mean, not necessarily mid-poop, but...

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Team spool32
    Haphazard wrote: »

just of the poop itself

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

But not necessarily not mid-poop.

If I don't see a picture of a dog mid-poop I might literally die.

can you feel the struggle within?
This discussion has been closed.