Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I was under the impression you could stack imperils up to -100 if you had multiple -20 Imperil SBs firing off.

Then yeah, it doesn't really change much.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    I like the sound of abilities that can imperil and I like the new role machinists might be able to take where they are imperil kings instead of where they were mostly status ailment exploiters, since it's pretty obvious there's no future for status ailments except in gimmick fights.

According to the reddits, the minor imperil is only 10% of a vulnerability, where most proper SB imperils do 20%, and imperils will only stack up to six times regardless of value, so if you spam the ability, you'll at best get -60% instead of a full 100.

It's a shame Prompto doesn't get an EnLightning effect on anything (LMR or SB) because being able to boost his damage and make enemies vulnerable would make him real good. Hopefully his weapon selection includes being able to use swords (unlikely) or one of his relics is a non-RS lightning boost gun. Maybe that USB. Dreeeeams...

Imperil only stacks to 60% anyways unless they change that at some point. Getting to 60% now typically happens at the very end of the fight because it takes 3 SB bars to make it happen. I honestly don't see this as much of a limit on imperils even if they do up the stacking for SB based imperils.

Until Full Throttles at least.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This is great for everyone who has crap luck pulling imperils.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh man, I just imagined someone equipping Prompto with his dualcast Machinist Relic LM, his macinist imperil Lightning LM, the dualcast Machinist RM, and Spark Offer. Amazing.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh man, I just imagined someone equipping Prompto with his dualcast Machinist Relic LM, his macinist imperil Lightning LM, the dualcast Machinist RM, and Spark Offer. Amazing.

Imagine Reno with his BSB and Mustadio with Tempest Snipe taking advantage of that. Machinist meta incoming!

• Options
    I hope they make a Bio element equivalent some day. I'd put that on Edgar and never look back.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So just mastered the U++ CM.

Yuna healing with Miracle Veil and auto haste
    Braska healing with a shared Medica and Auto haste
    Wakka debuffing -MAG with auto haste
    Jecht with Sapphire shot, his BSB and his boostga
    Seymour with Memento Mori and RW play rough

Got scary at the end, but play rough murdered that blob. Didn't see any Ultimate Presses.

• Options

Got scary at the end, but play rough murdered that blob. Didn't see any Ultimate Presses.

I didn't either. Checking the AI thread, it looks like it only uses it if either:

It spends 7 turns without shifting weaknesses (~30% chance, give or take a little depending on HP)
    It uses its weak basic attack, which it has only a 7% or 10% of doing depending on HP

No wonder.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Who's got two thumbs and didn't bother honing more summons, made due with what was available, and beat Valigarmanda anyway?

This guy.

Nightmares are done, man.

Brought Potato for Ley Lines, Y'sh for healing, and just had Alphinaud, Yuna, and Tyro for damage output. Summon RWs are like spotting bigfoot so I settled for Garnet's summon BSB, which worked out pretty well.

I've been debating who to MC3 since I have a few crystals and a handful of 80s, but I think I might boost Yuna and Papalymo; might work nice for a mage team.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Hoping for some Kain/Ceodore stuff tonite

Bottom of the barrel is weird on this banner though, Rosa's first ever unique relic? Haha what

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Who's got two thumbs and didn't bother honing more summons, made due with what was available, and beat Valigarmanda anyway?

This guy.

Brought Potato for Ley Lines, Y'sh for healing, and just had Alphinaud, Yuna, and Tyro for damage output. Summon RWs are like spotting bigfoot so I settled for Garnet's summon BSB, which worked out pretty well.

I've been debating who to MC3 since I have a few crystals and a handful of 80s, but I think I might boost Yuna and Papalymo; might work nice for a mage team.

Can you post the full setup I'm still procrastinating that one.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    On the one hand, I want to save all this 300 mythril for the upcoming extremefests and especially the future Cloud & Lightning banners.

But I really like the idea of a Knight BSB that heals on entry, and then keeps healing or esunas.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular

It took me a few tries to do the CM, and I think I saw ultimate presses occasionally in my attempts even cycling the weaknesses quickly. They aren't that much worse than his regular AOEs as he gets weaker if you aren't running wall, I think they were 2k something damage with a regular support break suite.

I think I lost 2 or 3 party members at the end but still got mastery.

• Options
    Oh dear. I need to be careful about my habits with this game. More then once today I actually considered going an 11-pull with gems only, just to grab something on this night's banner.

That's a bad sign.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    No good relic today won't come back on a future banner, and even that banner ain't half bad because it has P. Cecil's USB on it, and a lot of it is Kain and Ceodore relics.

Also, try to think of it as this - would any relic you pull today immediately put the character on your A Team? Ignore the favourtism of the characters for a moment, if you can. The team you use to clear content (Apoc+ stuff), would you immediately switch that line-up around because you got Kain's OSB or Ceodore's SSB? Ceo's BSB, sure, it's a party-changer because off-healer medica with strong commands, and Ceodore can fill a lot of nice roles, but your odds of pulling that relic are low enough that you shouldn't consider it the item you would get by a single 11-pull, so you have to expect the worst, which is not getting it, but getting something of lesser value.

Now, with that in mind, would you still pull on it today?

This is usually how I talk myself down from pulling on banners, and why I have 450 mythril again after the last fest. :p

Also, UltraCloud is (possibly) 3 events away.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited May 2017
    No. none or it would cause a major shakeup. Even Ceodore's BSB would only be a Paradigm Shift on my Holy Crit team; a defensive alternate pick when compared to Delita. And I'm kidding myself if I keep saying that CID's imperil would he a game changer for my Lightning Magic team (I'll wait for Prompto)

Thanks.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I've got just shy of 425 mythril, and I'm half-expecting to drain probably close to all of it into USquall, UCloud, and URelm. It should be a fun or frustrating monthish... in about a month.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Savant wrote: »

It took me a few tries to do the CM, and I think I saw ultimate presses occasionally in my attempts even cycling the weaknesses quickly. They aren't that much worse than his regular AOEs as he gets weaker if you aren't running wall, I think they were 2k something damage with a regular support break suite.

I'm a bit confused by the bolded part there, can you explain?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

This guy.

Spoilers for wall of text
    Alphinaud (L99), Ifrit R3 Tiamat R2, BSB, Battleforged RM
    Yuna (L80), Shiva R2 Bahamut R2, BSB2, Timeless Wisdom RM
    Tyro (L99), Leviathan R2 Syldra R2, Wall, MM RM
    Papalymo (L80), Curaise Shellga, Ley Lines, Dr.Mog RM
    Y'shtola (L99), Ultra Cure Wrath, Wall and Asylum, Ace Striker RM

RW: Garnet, Dagger of Resolve BSB

Popped wall and Ley Lines at the start. I think I had Yuna RW early on to build meter. Y'sh wrathed up Papalymo dropped shell and just cured, otherwise it was blasting summons until phase 2.

Once Yuna had enough meter I BSBed and did C1 to summon then attack x 2. Then, Alphinaud BSBed, did a couple of C2 to restore Tiamat uses and then just C1 the rest of the time. Managed to hit the barriers at the right colors to meet the medal conditions, didn't capitalize on killing the adds for skill refresh though. Once Tyro was out of summons I used the RW for him, and kept C2 for that.

Popped Ley Lines again when I had SB, Y'sh dropped Asylum and later another Wall for good measure. Otherwise it was all Alphi/Yuna/RW BSB spam til the end.

Beginning damage was okay with just Ley Lines but Tenants of the Faith + Ley Lines once I had meter was what really did the work. If I could have figured out a better way to squeeze the buffs in at the start and Wall/shell it probably would have been better.

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    chrisnl wrote: »

Wall works on his regular attacks, but not ultimate press. So without wall his regular spells are nasty enough, especially when he goes into weak mode at low health, that ultimate press isn't that much worse.

Savant on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

Wall works on his regular attacks, but not ultimate press. So without wall his regular spells are nasty enough, especially when he goes into weak mode at low health, that ultimate press isn't that much worse.

Well that is certainly now how I would have described it, as the power of the ultimate press is the same either way. But alright, I guess that's one way to look at it.

Did the Ultimates on my main account, the U and U++ were nice and easy, but the A+ was a bit tricky. My first run failed because I didn't see that Y'shtola's burst mode had worn off until too late, so instead of refreshing Asylum (which was ready) I had her do a regular attack. Whoops. The second run failed because I didn't handle refreshing protect and shell properly. The third attempt worked well enough, Vaan ended up dying near the end but I completed with 3 medals lost (1 for turns, 2 for damage) and got my 5 rosetta stones. I'm not looking forward to attempting it with my alt account, as I have a lot fewer options for water damage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Question for the tech-savvy among us: Would it be possible for me to play FFRK via remote access to my home computer with emulator? (Delay-wise, that is.)

• Options
    Question for the tech-savvy among us: Would it be possible for me to play FFRK via remote access to my home computer with emulator? (Delay-wise, that is.)

Depends on your connection(s) and the criticality of being... well, quick. I'd certainly be confident if it was just auto-ing through stages, but less so if you were trying to do something actually serious like a Torment or U++.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

This guy.

Spoilers for wall of text
    Alphinaud (L99), Ifrit R3 Tiamat R2, BSB, Battleforged RM
    Yuna (L80), Shiva R2 Bahamut R2, BSB2, Timeless Wisdom RM
    Tyro (L99), Leviathan R2 Syldra R2, Wall, MM RM
    Papalymo (L80), Curaise Shellga, Ley Lines, Dr.Mog RM
    Y'shtola (L99), Ultra Cure Wrath, Wall and Asylum, Ace Striker RM

RW: Garnet, Dagger of Resolve BSB

Popped wall and Ley Lines at the start. I think I had Yuna RW early on to build meter. Y'sh wrathed up Papalymo dropped shell and just cured, otherwise it was blasting summons until phase 2.

Once Yuna had enough meter I BSBed and did C1 to summon then attack x 2. Then, Alphinaud BSBed, did a couple of C2 to restore Tiamat uses and then just C1 the rest of the time. Managed to hit the barriers at the right colors to meet the medal conditions, didn't capitalize on killing the adds for skill refresh though. Once Tyro was out of summons I used the RW for him, and kept C2 for that.

Popped Ley Lines again when I had SB, Y'sh dropped Asylum and later another Wall for good measure. Otherwise it was all Alphi/Yuna/RW BSB spam til the end.

Beginning damage was okay with just Ley Lines but Tenants of the Faith + Ley Lines once I had meter was what really did the work. If I could have figured out a better way to squeeze the buffs in at the start and Wall/shell it probably would have been better.

Oh... Hmm, I feel like you misrepresented by not saying you had alpha BSB native lol.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2017
    100 gems got me Ceodore's Force Armor, with his Enholy SSB! Huh!

Not sure what to think about that.

On the one hand, it's an Aura SB, which are always nice. On the other ha d, it's mechanically identical to the entry of Pecil's BSB, which I've had forever, without the addition of Burst Mode. On the other hand, it's shiny and new, and has a badass animation.

The most dangerous thing about this is that it makes me want to build up to 50 myth and pull again, chasing his BSB, to complete the combo and have an ultra-badass Holy user. It'll come back, but that's 14 events from now. Then again, when it does, it'll be surrounded by banners that aren't quite as tempting as USB Cloud or BSB2 Celes.

Edit;

I'll just try to hold off. I can totally use Ceodore if I really want to with just Cross Slash.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    100 gems: nadda

One more to go!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    100 gems gave me kain's OSB!

I had his BSB from a previous lucky draw...

...I'm going to call him captain dragoon from now on.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    100 gems: 3* trash

I'm feeling the urge to make a pull, but I'm trying to fight it!

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    100 gem got me Kain's OSB.

Ok then

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I like FFIV and my synergy could always use help, but I have 2 bursts and it seems hard to justify a pull. Of course, dark Cecil and edge are my bursts.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I wanna pull for Kain stuff but I just can't pull on this banner given whats coming out soon. Sorry Kain :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    100 gem...Hell Claws.

I guess it imperils earth.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I wanna pull for Kain stuff but I just can't pull on this banner given whats coming out soon. Sorry Kain :(

Just remember that in 14 events, almost all the grand prizes on this banner return.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Accident

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Just remember that in 14 events, almost all the grand prizes on this banner return.

That's like three months away, though!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

That's like three months away, though!

You'll have more mythril, then!

• Options
    edited May 2017
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5ykga8/destined_confrontation_awakening_power_jp/

For those not in the know, this be the future FF4 banner(s). I'm interested in it, but WAAAAAAAY more in banner1 than banner2. Kain's stuff would be nice, but I've got holy for days. Edge's stuff would be nicer, and work especially well as a supplement for his Doppelganger for Full Throttles.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Anyone have some tips for the Battle of Aeons Apoc+ fight?

Ixion dispel just makes me die way too fast

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Anyone have some tips for the Battle of Aeons Apoc+ fight?

Ixion dispel just makes me die way too fast

PBlink evades the dispel. If you can cover all the rest of the stuff, Penelo's USB is almost tailor made to counter it. Instant + PBlink + Heal + HP Stock. That'll put you at full (or close to it), evade it, and give you some overheal buffer. From there, it uses it every 7 turns. If you count, you can use the RW again, and since it's instant, you don't need to worry too much about timing. That should get you around 13ish of its turns. Save up your SBs and unload on him. You'll still need to worry about his single target dispel, but the AoE and stop will be off the table.

E:
    Another option that's solid which you're more likely to have natively is Arc's Word of Kindness. Same as Penelo's USB, but without the overheal.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I did a 50-pull on my alt since I don't care as much about getting Cloud's thing on there. Plus I'd like some weapons and this has three nice burst weapons at the top end.

So naturally I 1/11'd Kain's OSB armor.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.