Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Does Magus's Dualcast Black RM have a higher proc rate than Terra's?

mrhappy's PDF has Terra's at 13%, Magus' RM2 at 15%

Hrm. So, better, but nothing to chase if I have the former and other people in need of level grinding.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I am going to be /so/ disappointed during ultracloud now, lol.

I think that's inevitable, I will probably be disappointed with almost any result that does not involve pulling Cloud's USB

I'll probably pull once on the banner, but Cloud is such a boring character for me, so I don't expect I'll go ham on it. I'd much rather get Zack's LCSB, to go with his BSB, and Cid's SSB.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I am going to be /so/ disappointed during ultracloud now, lol.

I think that's inevitable, I will probably be disappointed with almost any result that does not involve pulling Cloud's USB

Honestly, I think I want Zack's CSB more than Cloud's USB. You're going to end up RWing it onto the top relevant elemental person for Torment/Full Throttle stuff anyway, not using him.

Really though, I'm going to stop drawing if I hit either on the first or second tries. My FF7 RS is incredibly strong already, and there are some other banners in the Legend Materia future I've got my eyes on.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I want all three of the big prizes from that one but I think I'll content myself with... spending every scrap of mythril I have on the banner regardless of how many of them I get unless I get all three. Can't lie on this one.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I have just about nothing from VII so my 1k mythril will get me something at least.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    The windfall is probably going to go for either one draw on Awakened Cloud, or an attempt to get Celes' BSB2, or it'll get banked for Lightning's USB

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hm. Rough estimate puts me at about 207 by the time Ultracloud closes, and 251 by the time Celes BSB2 does.

Think 2 pulls on each of those, with the rest to go to a banner I just want to pull on, seems reasonable?

Because those numbers make me want to pull on this banner. The ratio of want to don't want is pretty high, and the one dupe (Ceodore Armor) is still a good piece of armor with a minor elemental resist. though the threat of Rosa's crappy Unique still exists (though... on someone wth Wrath and a healer Burst, maybe that isn't so bad as an "oh shit!l button in multiplayer?)

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Decided I like FFIV enough to pull. Got Yang's ssb but got Kain's burst!

I will call this a success since the only sb I had for him was lancet. It's slightly dated nowadays.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain why exactly Cloud USB is so gamechanging, and if I need it native or can just RW it? I have OK BSB and Cid OSB if those are relevant

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Imagine if all of your attacks could break the damage cap. And you had a 100% crit rate.

Edit: Also you get +30% Physical damage.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Can someone explain why exactly Cloud USB is so gamechanging, and if I need it native or can just RW it? I have OK BSB and Cid OSB if those are relevant

What Aegis said.

You can RW it, which lets you put it on two of your DPS right away, or extend the amount of time you can break the 9999 damage cap. However, if you're doing it right, you'll only really need one use of the RW to go on someone who can hit more than 4-5 times with a stacked SB and all the buffs so you can kill just about anything.

If you have it native, it means you can RW Zack's LCSB which is on the same banner. The wind chain isn't the important part about Zack's SB, it's the 50% boost to ATK and 50% boost to crit damage, that makes the 100% crit rate from Cloud's USB do the obscene level of damage we're hyped for.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    And I believe the holy grail is that you have Zack's LCSB, Cloud's USB, and Cloud's BSB2 so that you end up with: a Wind Chain, +50% ATK & Crit Damage, Attach Wind, Haste, Burst Mode, EX: Soldier, & Cross Slash all at once.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Imagine if all of your attacks could break the damage cap. And you had a 100% crit rate.

Edit: Also you get +30% Physical damage.

And it comes in a banner with a wind LCSB and Cloud's BSB2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Seriously makes me wish they were legally able to nerf that SB. But, gambling laws, you know?

I wonder if they could get away with indirectly neefing it by bringing out another move with the effect, and simultaneously nerfing the mechanic to a lower damage cap. Or by introducing bosses who have a "minor resistance" to overflow damage, which would cap SOLDIER attacks at like 19999, but allow OSBs to hit 99999

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

A video (of an R+ difficulty boss) is worth a thousand words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCCVBFWrCGI

Or for just fast farming Full Throttle Torments (even harder difficulty torments, but start with 3 bars and no SB gain entire battle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0324t5hbeD4

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ok. Back up to 50. And this sudden mythril windfall we have planned has convinced me to go with what I really want and pull on this banner. This is the last banner for a while where I can look at any result and say "yeah, I'll use that". Even a 1/11 dupe Ceodore armor (ice res) or Rosa Curaise Medica ("oh shit" button for multiplayer fights gone wrong) could work. And I just want the stuff from here, you know? Wish me luck.

Edit:

2 rainbows:

Cid's Imperil Lightning!
    Kain's BSB!

Oh yes! I'll take those, happily!

Now I have a good reason to hone Lightning Dive and Tempest Snipe, a usable Lightning melee team (with Cid as either a secondary DPS to Kain or Delita, or a secondary Support to Kain AND Delita), and my Mage Lightning team has just gained a glorious little power boost!

Glad I rolled. I really wanted to throw something at this banner, and I got rewarded with some nice puzzle pieces for team building.

Enlong on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    And I believe the holy grail is that you have Zack's LCSB, Cloud's USB, and Cloud's BSB2 so that you end up with: a Wind Chain, +50% ATK & Crit Damage, Attach Wind, Haste, Burst Mode, EX: Soldier, & Cross Slash all at once.

That's pretty much it, though adding in Zack's BSB for more wind hits + wind imperils is the true whale combo. They don't seem to be balancing stuff around having every single last piece of the puzzle, thankfully, so even getting a couple of pieces is still really strong.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    "True Whale Combo" sounds like it should be the name of a Band attack from FFIV:TAY

Probably one between Cecil, Golbez, and Fusoya.

Enlong on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

OSBs are pretty good. Imagine that on every hit.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    "True Whale Combo" sounds like it should be the name of a Band attack from FFIV:TAY

Probably one between Cecil, Golbez, and Fusoya.

FTFY

• Options
    Remind me: if R2 of an ability requires 20 of an orb, will R3 require 30, or 40 of that same Orb?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    40, it's 60/36/36 to R3 an ability that they give you at level 1.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, ok. Thanks.

It'll be a few Windsdays before I can R3 Tempest Snipe, then. Eh, Lifesiphon can serve in the meantime.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Woof. Mastered the X Cid Mission but I'm not sure it was even worth it. Had to egg Lulu and Braska from 1 to 65 and Seymour from 54 to 65. Rikku as a dancebot with shared Shellga, Braska as a hastebot with Curaja, Lulu with R3 Chain Thundaga/Firaga with my single synergy mage weapon, Seymour with R4 Waterja/R3 Chain Blizzaga, and Yuna with Protectga and her BSB2, the only native soul break I wound up being able to work into the team. RW Wall. The two tag-teaming mages (NEVER using a hone that isn't hitting a weakness) were just barely enough damage to win, and Wall was down for at least two turns at the end.

Kind of a lot of effort and expense given that the prize was white orbs.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Apoc Aeons mastered, -1 actions, -2 damage like most everyone else. Valefor is clearly the worst part of this fight with his slows and AoE scripted Slow. Once I got past him, Ifrit and Ixion went down pretty easy.

I'd hate to have done this fight without my three Moderate Fire/Lightning resist accessories and my Moderate Lightning, plus the Major Lightning. Newbies are at such a disadvantage when they get up to this level.

• Options
    Hm.

Question about mechanics.

Rapha's burst command Thunder Mark is classed as Black Magic, but has a healing component that runs on Mind, like White Magic spells do.

Would an RM like Cultured Conjurer increase how much she heals by, or does that not apply because the spell is not classed as White Magic?

• Options
    Man, I've missed this theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDnbR9YPMCk

And the accompanying battle theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ZRtaQzc04

I should play TAY again.

• Options
    38thDoe and I need two more for Yuna A++++

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

If you're on the west coast I'll be home in ~3.5 hours.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    So I pulled on FFIV since my second best weapon for IV is a harp for Edward back when his mage shout was the strongest in the game. So very little that could go wrong. I got 3 rainbows! Edward, Ceodore, and Yang's SSBs. Woof. I narrowly dodged every single relic I would have used.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Oh gods... that raid boss event banner is back with Ashe's BSB... don'tpulldon'tpulldon'tpulldon'tpulldon'tpulldon'tpull

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    This is pretty dang tricky, giving us mythril and then bringing back some banners.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

If you're on the west coast I'll be home in ~3.5 hours.

I can be own around then too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Seriously makes me wish they were legally able to nerf that SB. But, gambling laws, you know?

I wonder if they could get away with indirectly neefing it by bringing out another move with the effect, and simultaneously nerfing the mechanic to a lower damage cap. Or by introducing bosses who have a "minor resistance" to overflow damage, which would cap SOLDIER attacks at like 19999, but allow OSBs to hit 99999

There's a nonzero chance they could nerf Cloud USB before releasing it, so I'm going to wait until someone says "yes it still does all of the dumb stuff" before I pull. Aside from the fact that Japan's gambling laws shouldn't apply to a global/US game, I think those laws would only apply if they changed the item from what was advertised...and they don't "advertise" before it's released.

I think the SB is still crazy good even if it is missing any one of the three bonus effects (100% crit rate, +30% physical damage, physical attacks break damage limit) so if I was directing global FFRK, I would strongly consider cutting one of those abilities. But who knows what they'll do...

• Options
    FFRK Central is apparently saying we're getting a pair of Lucky Draw banners tomorrow. One for Summoners and one for Combat users, both SSB+ relics.

Characters
  • Options
    That's random! Good thing I have 50 mythril huehuehue

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well, rip that extra mythril then. these are risky risky pulls given the sheer number of mediocre ssbs especially in combat, but whatevsssssss

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    FFRK Central is apparently saying we're getting a pair of Lucky Draw banners tomorrow. One for Summoners and one for Combat users, both SSB+ relics.

Damn, so much for gift mythril! Lucky Draw, ho!

• Options

Damn, so much for gift mythril! Lucky Draw, ho!

You'll still be +25 mythril at the end of it even if you pull on both!

Characters
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Huh I think these upcoming lucky draws are going to be the first that is half price for the first pull, and then full price for any further pulls. Usually half price banners are just one and done. Definitely going to have to think about these two.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.