Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I was hemming and hawing about what to bring for the FFX A+.

Decided on my Shout team, but subbed out Ramza for OK BSB and Agrias (cleansing strike) for Ingus BSB, for longevity.

Got it in one, though Tyro did pathetic damage without Shout. At least he brought spellblades for the medal conditions.

Catgirl BSB plus RW Penelo USB was plenty of healing, though Ixion still nailed me with regular dispels, which stripped haste and made Ixion take super long. Incoming damage was ok in phase 3 with Wall and Arc blast plus breaks.

Vaan and Ingus cranked out the damage, with a bit of utility each. Ingus lost all his buffs due to lack of haste, so his BSB re-entry was pretty meek, but his commands were crushing it.

It definitely feels like going forward BSBs are more important, because increased difficulty is just more boss HP and damage, a lot of the time.

Still not sure the best way to work Wall in on increasingly long fights.

If Tyro brings it, he sucks, especially in long fights with no BSB.
    If Yshtola brings it, it's super hard to juggle it and her BSB and find time to actually heal.
    If I RW it, the fight can last max ~55s, and I lose that flexibility slot.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    U++ and A+ down.

Spherimorph was nothing to write home about. Vaan and Agrias broke it, Shantotto nuked it with her BSB. This is the first CM I haven't attempted in awhile, but I don't have very much in the way of X SBs.

The A+, though, was definitely a lot rougher than I was expecting, needing four runs total before winning. Valefor's slows were annoying and sometimes forced my Wall cast to be late, causing Ifrit to nuke me on one run. The two other unsuccessful runs saw Wall fall off after the Ultimate Aerospark, so unhasted Y'shtola couldn't throw it back up before my team got nuked (I also had to juggle Asylum castings).

My team for the A+ was:

Tidus: Lifesiphon/Hydroburst, BSB, Truthseeker
    Onion Knight: Lifesiphon/Chain Blizzaga, BSB, DMT
    Vaan: Lifesiphon/Thief's Revenge, BSB, Ace Striker
    Fran: Wrath/Full Break, BSB, Battleforged
    Y'shtola: Wrath/Curaja, BSB/Wall, MM

RW: Tyro BSB

On my winning run, I popped OK's BSB right at the start to get everyone going, then ignored his BSB commands so that I could Lifesiphon and build meter for the second BSB casting after Ultimate Sonic Wings. Tidus was my designated RW caller, and I used one use on Vaelfor and one on Ifrit (none on Ixion because Dispel got annoying). Vaan and Fran were just there to cycle through their BSBs repeatedly.

Wall was cast at the beginning of Vaelfor, the beginning of the Ifrit fight, and right before Ixion (it didn't last, eventually falling off and leading to OK's death when I had to choose Asylum over Wall). The first two rounds were all BSB-breakdown cycling, conserving as much health as possible so that Y'shtola could Wrath instead of Curaja for the precious meter. Tidus hoarded meter as the RW caller, eventually dropping his BSBs on Ixion's face for 50k on entry and 20k a turn.

Ixion was definitely shitting out crazy damage. Even with Wall/Full Break/Magic Breakdown/Power Breakdown/Ark Blast/Gaze of the Void it was doing 800-1000 with Ultimate Thor's Hammer and 1500-2000 with Ultimate Aerospark. When Wall dropped off it was smacking me around with 2400 per Thor's Hammer.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    It definitely feels like going forward BSBs are more important, because increased difficulty is just more boss HP and damage, a lot of the time.

Still not sure the best way to work Wall in on increasingly long fights.

If Tyro brings it, he sucks, especially in long fights with no BSB.
    If Yshtola brings it, it's super hard to juggle it and her BSB and find time to actually heal.
    If I RW it, the fight can last max ~55s, and I lose that flexibility slot.
    I still maintain that expecting the Waller to do much more than one other thing on top of Walling is a little bit greedy/ambitious. If Y'sh brings it, if she carries an Ultra Cure, tertiary breakdown, or medal condition on top of Wrath that's more than fine. Or in your case double Wrath and you basically do Wall-Wall-(Asylum)-Wall-Wall etc and get the benefit of the entry but don't bother with the commands.
    Tyro, same deal, he would just carry a breakdown or whatever additionally.

Either way you sac the spot to the Wall gods and then do Healer-Support-DPS-DPS with the rest of your slots. If it's a heavy AoE fight you can maybe skimp the support by having Tyro do it and pray meter holds up but it's a little risky.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    100 gem: Yang BSB

Yang might be my least favorite IV character, but it's a solid SB and will help a ton when I need earth damage. Also ends the streak of 17 consecutive whiffs.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hm. Ceodore gets access to 6* WHM. I wonder if he can competently cast a Curada.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hm. Ceodore gets access to 6* WHM. I wonder if he can competently cast a Curada.

His MND isn't too far below a typical healer, and he can carry Staves in addition to any MND bows or swords you might have. He could probably do it decently well.

You should totally do Father Son bash bros though since you have Pecil's burst, right?

Fry on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Ceodore has some pretty great skill access, honestly. I'm rather tempted by his BSB, but I can't justify a pull on the banner with some of the utterly ridiculous stuff coming up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Against better judgment I pulled on Ceodore 1

Kain OSB and Ceodore SSB

Ehhhh

Beasteh on
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Me too!

...just Ceodore SSB.

I am disappoint. :(

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Being a sucker for all things IV and sitting on more mythril than I usually do, I chucked two pulls on this one. Abel's Lance (decent?) and 3 (THREE!) Hell Claws... lesson re-learned, game.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    Kain BSB is great. It really wants a 5* Lightning Dive to go with it, honed as high as you can afford. R2 is enough for most fights, though.

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    I wasn't certain if had aged well with the power creep, but I do have a decently honed Lightning Dive because I'm compelled to hone everything! Thanks for the confirmation. :biggrin:

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Woo, apology mythril!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Mackenzier wrote: »
    I wasn't certain if had aged well with the power creep, but I do have a decently honed Lightning Dive because I'm compelled to hone everything! Thanks for the confirmation. :biggrin:

Best thing about Abel's Lance is the +lightning damage inherent on it, and Kain's BSB is pretty good besides. If you need to transfer it to other characters because you don't have room for Kain on your team, it's possible. Lightning probably makes the best secondary use for it if you have some of her SBs, until UltraClaire banner 1 with her EX-USB because 6* sword > 5* spear.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    Woo, apology mythril!

This is the funniest announcement.
    Issue 2:
    The samurai ability Hailstorm was released earlier than originally planned.

Really? Earlier? :rotate: It will actually be available in the Greens Exchange, so joke's on you if you crafted an R1, I guess?

Also, holy shit, talk about an awesome apology; double greens campaign from the 23rd to the 29th, and 50 total bonus mythril in logins from 6/1 to 6/11.

Edit: Whoo, I got 15 mythril even though I was unaffected

Rius on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

His MND isn't too far below a typical healer, and he can carry Staves in addition to any MND bows or swords you might have. He could probably do it decently well.

You should totally do Father Son bash bros though since you have Pecil's burst, right?

I do!

Buuuuuut I also have Agrias's Burst. Either one of them would do more when paired with Agrias than with each other.

On the other hand, Ceodore also has Support 4. If I wanted to go super-hard all-in on a Holy team and make it a father/son outing besides, I could use Agrias as a tank, Pecil as a BSB-focused DPS man, and Ceodore as a secondary support, holding either two Breakdowns, or a Breakdown and Saint Cross/Banishing Strike/Curada, calling either Wall or a Support Burst as an RW, with his Enholy SSB as extra damage.

I might need to craft a second Saint Cross to make such a team work, but it could totally work.

• Options
    all i read is 'here's a free 11 pull on awakening cloud'

• Options
    Dang, that's a lot of mythril.

I may need to re-evaluate my plans for the upcoming banners.

• Options
    we are getting 75 bonus mythril total including today's 15, 10 in the green shop on wednesday and 50 over 10 days from the 1st-11th june

• Options
    Hmm.

Gogo 1 is probably my best bet in the near future for a good Enwater, I think?

• Options
    They're actually doing something about the severe login problems some folks had... color me surprised. I am skeptical that the 50 mythril and (irrelevant) double greens wasn't due to be part of that festival anyway, but 15 mythril and reopening closed events is still a big apology.

Also, procrastinating on Hailstorm pays off, woo! I had a feeling, since they didn't announce it being added. If you already crafted one, I might recommend holding on to the second rather than shattering, just in case you want to run dual samurai at some point.

• Options
    Do any Samurai get Enice?

• Options

Ayame does. Also, it's perfectly fine damage on its own, and it applies a stacking buff. Speedrunners use it all the time, on Cloud or Firion, for instance.

• Options
    Oh, I know it's fine on its own. Just curious about auras.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wow, what happened that they are apologizing with 75 mythril?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Wow, what happened that they are apologizing with 75 mythril?

Major login issues.

People were missing login mythril, multiplayer battles, and entire relic banners due to the game failing to load.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    A small part of me can't help but wonder if the large amount of the mythril and this 50 mythril log in campaign isn't partially to make up for the recent collabs we've missed/will be missing. Secret of Mana. SaGa Scarlet Grace, Final Fantasy Adventures 2...

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    That FFA2 one confuses me a bit. Why did they do that before Dimensions 1?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I buy the login issues thing; I actually wasn't able to start up my alt for like 2-3 days cuz I got stuck in black screen 'download failed' loops.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Aw man, they're bringing back the FFT banners, including that second banner where I wiffed on every TGCid relic.

AW MAN.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Haha. Now that we're getting a bunch of mythril, I suddenly don't know what to pull on, if anything. Conflicting desires for favorite-characters relics, water, ice, or game-breakers.

This banner has nice stuff, but it's coming back, and the booby prize is especially poor for me.

X Banner 2 has 2 Water BSBs, but then there's Jecht ready to laugh at me for hoping to avoid his half of the banner.

V banner 1 has 2 Enwaters and fun characters, but also 3 bad prizes for me.

Squall BSB2 has Squall BSB2, but the bottom of the banner is 3-4 of its items, to me.

Hrm.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

I just use it orlandu for the extra attack boost. Not like I need it most of the time, but it feels good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hah, yes. Ceodore with a breakdown, Curada, and Rosa's BSB bow is not too shabby at all. Carrying a Support burst RW like Mostly Megaflare or Gaze of the Void also helps a fair amount.

I'm actually more impressed with his equipment options than with his soul breaks. Though, Holy Cross would still be awesome. I really like the idea of characters who are totally worth using independent of relics.

Enlong on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Oh, sick, 15 more Mythril.

And with another 50 on the way...I might be able to afford a pull on Celes's banner now actually.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm actually really glad the mandragora/ultros MPs are coming back, I'd really like another shot at the higher difficulties

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Am willing to join up for a revenge run later. I beat them already, but would love to help others clear. I can Agrias, Ashe, Ramza, whatever we need.

I'd love to run Ultros with Ashe and Rapha. Set up that defense and then fry him with Lightning.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I am going to be /so/ disappointed during ultracloud now, lol.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Does Magus's Dualcast Black RM have a higher proc rate than Terra's?

Enlong on
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I am going to be /so/ disappointed during ultracloud now, lol.

I think that's inevitable, I will probably be disappointed with almost any result that does not involve pulling Cloud's USB

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Does Magus's Dualcast Black RM have a higher proc rate than Terra's?

mrhappy's PDF has Terra's at 13%, Magus' RM2 at 15%

This discussion has been closed.