As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

squirt

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I can't believe this thread is nine ten pages in and still talking about soda.

Anyway White Label Mountain Dew is pretty good but I don't really want to drink a full can of it. 8 oz seems ideal, I think.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I can't believe this thread is nine pages in and still talking about soda.

Anyway White Label Mountain Dew is pretty good but I don't really want to drink a full can of it. 8 oz seems ideal, I think.

I actually barely made it through like 4 ounces and called it quits.

I just don't like grapefruit.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Soda is important

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I had a mountain dew that was "citrus cherry" flavored. It was bad

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Blasphemer!

..nah it's cool

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    I had a mountain dew. It was bad

same

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ya know what I haven't had I forever? A fucking Jones Soda. I use to love those in high school.

Also I mentioned Green River earlier, but that might be regional?

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I drink Mtn Dew because I enjoy the effects of caffeine, and the fact that I've been drinking it for a long period of time means that the flavor acts as a kind of nostalgia time machine that lets me revisit the past in some small way by triggering familiar taste buds. It is by no means an endorsement of the brand or flavor profile; literally anything consumed with some frequency over that length of time would have the same effect. It was neon green and my dumb friends liked to brag about drinking large amounts of caffeine in the days before they could get their hands on large amounts of alcohol. Sometimes I just want things to be that simple again.

I didn't know there was new round of dew variants. Wasn't there a dew called white-out or something that was grapefruit already?

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Mellow Yellow is kinda weird. It's like... mountain dew ginger ale.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

OG gamefuel. Basically Livewire and Code Red mixed

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ya know what I haven't had I forever? A fucking Jones Soda. I use to love those in high school.

Green River is a Midwest thing, I think.

Also it is disgusting.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I would take Green River over many other sodas, including Mountain Dew.

One of the two Wendy's locations near us added a Coke Freestyle machine sometime recently. The best fast food chicken sandwich that I'm willing to pay for, and Coke freestyle? Danger. I try not to drink soda anymore though, so I'll have to settle for a flavored Coke Zero.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Also it is disgusting.

you could reliably find it in the PNW for most of my childhood

there was a chain of diners that would make milkshakes out of it

and yeah it was Not Good

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Also it is disgusting.

you could reliably find it in the PNW for most of my childhood

there was a chain of diners that would make milkshakes out of it

and yeah it was Not Good

Fair. I'd never heard of it before I moved to Chicago, but my knowledge of the PNW is based on patchy family vacation memories, for the most part, so I could have easily missed it while I was out there.

• Options

Also it is disgusting.

Well that makes sense. Anyone who grows up around a river knows better than to drink from it if it's green.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    What about....the yellow river??

• Options
    What about....the yellow river??

Could be beer.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    every couple of times a year I get the feeling I could get down as hell with a serving of baja blast

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    couple hours later and I'm wondering how the hell that's a sentence I felt worthy of putting out there in the world

"there's a million things you could be doing right now, but fuck all that. Tell the internet about how you sometimes like a soda."

cool job, brain

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    couple hours later and I'm wondering how the hell that's a sentence I felt worthy of putting out there in the world

"there's a million things you could be doing right now, but fuck all that. Tell the internet about how you sometimes like a soda."

cool job, brain

if it makes you feel better about it, we feel honored that you felt us worthy enough to take the time out of your day to let us know that you sometimes like a soda

edit: okay, I guess I shouldn't talk for everyone, I am at least

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

cool job, brain

if it makes you feel better about it, we feel honored that you felt us worthy enough to take the time out of your day to let us know that you sometimes like a soda

look kid, nothing personal but maybe you need some loftier goals in life, huh?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

cool job, brain

look kid, nothing personal but maybe you need some loftier goals in life, huh?

I think Rank doesn't understand this human emotion we call friendship.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Is that like one of those emoji things you kids are into? I heard about those on the news.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    No, it's a cosmic force that surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Gross.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    don't kinkshame

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Gross.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I was inspired by this thread today.

18g56suri9gq.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The loneliest squirt.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    But also so cold and delicious!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    I'm very close to quitting soda again. Been weening myself down.

Unfortunately I have an awful tendency to overcompensate with water drinking. I've got a 32 ounce sports bottle I've refilled probably close to 8 times today. I think I'm throwing off my electrolyte balance for real.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    You hear about this DEW.S.A. yet? Mixture of Code Red, White Out, and Voltage. (Red, white, and blue...it's patriotic, y'see?) Saw some 12-pack boxes at the grocery store yesterday

I'm trying to imagine it, and in my head it's not great. But, I haven't come across White Out in years and I don't strongly remember how it tastes. Gonna have to actually drink some to give it a fair evaluation.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if squirt and gin is good

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Unfortunately I have an awful tendency to overcompensate with water drinking. I've got a 32 ounce sports bottle I've refilled probably close to 8 times today. I think I'm throwing off my electrolyte balance for real.

2 gallons of water...if you are not sweating, you must be peeing like mad. If you are peeing like mad, slow down a little. Hell, eat something salty.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »

2 gallons of water...if you are not sweating, you must be peeing like mad. If you are peeing like mad, slow down a little. Hell, eat something salty.

Yeah I cut back on water a lot since that post. My legs aren't all swollen anymore!

I think sipping at something is just a compulsion for me. It's weird.

• Options
    So is Squirt a west coast/midwest thing? Never saw it in NY and haven't seen it in NC yet.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Well, there's only one way to find out. And even if it's not, you've still got gin so it's a no-lose situation.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So is Squirt a west coast/midwest thing? Never saw it in NY and haven't seen it in NC yet.

I live in Pennsylvania

It's not super common, but it's not hard to find

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Well, there's only one way to find out. And even if it's not, you've still got gin so it's a no-lose situation.

@Calamity Jane is a fan of mountain Dew and gin

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Hecho en México