As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] itself shall slumber on

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I lost touch with all my high school friends around my second year of college, I think?

Things started to get awkward towards the last year of high school though, when they found out my ACT scores.

Basically, I'd spent most of high school downplaying my grades, and the fact that I was taking much harder classes. I used my dyslexia to "normalize" any significant academic achievement. Then my friends told me their ACT scores, so I had to share mine, which were about eight points higher... And when I got into the University of Chicago they kind of realized I was waaaaay better at school than I'd let on and started acting uncomfortable around me...

That, coupled with the fact that my adviser lied to the social work department and spent four years suggesting that I either didn't have friends, or people only talked to me out of pity, meant I didn't push to stay in touch because I didn't want to force myself on them. And they're such nice people they'd probably hang out with me a few times even if they didn't want to. (Which is why I haven't tried to reconnect now. Along with the fact that they're all in Library-ish careers and I couldn't act like my state school Master's has made me normal again.)

We weren't super close anyway. Dad basically made it impossible for me to hang out with them outside of school and club days.

Ironically, the only person I still talk to from high school is that guy I used to date. And he HATED me when we were teenagers.

Creagan on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Any Mancunians in here, UK thread?

If so, hope you're safe and good.

I'm not moving back there for two and a bit months, we only have two others (iirc) and I think they're okay/don't live near the attack.

Thanks for asking, Veldrin.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Or, you can find some people who love you for who you are, even if you're different

Hexmage can correct me if I'm mistaken, but we're talking about a different thing. Being accepted by people is pretty easy in that most people have a decent variation in interests that something will overlap. "That's the guy I talk basketball with." "She really likes anime so we talk about that".

What we're going on about is finding a person that clicks to where opening up and being 100% yourself doesn't require effort. In my experience this can be hobby based so long as it's quite a few threads of overlap but it's more likely personality based. E.g. I struggle around people who don't understand or use sarcasm.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    so don't use me as a good register.

but I need five dollars in quarters

open up you bastard

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I keep having dreams that I'm getting back together or got back together with my ex

and it is ruining my dang mornings

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    It looks like my roommates & I reached a compromise.

At the end of the next month we will renew our lease for a drastically shorter period, 3-5 months, and the roommate who put us into this situation will pay the extra surcharge as penatly for this entire situation.

But now I have to start looking for a two bedroom house/apartment for my best friend & I.

Yay! Woo!

Ahahaha

So apparently me best friend is now trying to push him & I to move back in with our parents for the summer because he is confident he won't have a job for the summer (he works for an elementary school).

He is sure of this because he just won't look for a job (but maybe he will, trust me, maybe? Sure? Nah....)

And when he told our other roommate, the one wanting to move in with his girlfriend, this the guy's eyes got really huge because I don't think he's ready to move out by next month (which is why he agreed to that 3-5 month lease extension).

So now my best friend is trying to pull off some type of gambit to push our other roommate into signing a 10 month lease extension.

tumblr_oayf1evYii1vbcnq8o1_500.gif

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It looks like my roommates & I reached a compromise.

At the end of the next month we will renew our lease for a drastically shorter period, 3-5 months, and the roommate who put us into this situation will pay the extra surcharge as penatly for this entire situation.

But now I have to start looking for a two bedroom house/apartment for my best friend & I.

Yay! Woo!

Ahahaha

So apparently me best friend is now trying to push him & I to move back in with our parents for the summer because he is confident he won't have a job for the summer (he works for an elementary school).

He is sure of this because he just won't look for a job (but maybe he will, trust me, maybe? Sure? Nah....)

And when he told our other roommate, the one wanting to move in with his girlfriend, this the guy's eyes got really huge because I don't think he's ready to move out by next month (which is why he agreed to that 3-5 month lease extension).

So now my best friend is trying to pull off some type of gambit to push our other roommate into signing a 10 month lease extension.

tumblr_oayf1evYii1vbcnq8o1_500.gif

God, hell really IS other people

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hearing shit like that makes me so glad I live alone.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I wish I lived alone.

I wish I lived alone.

I wish I lived alone.

I WISH I LIVED ALONE!

• Options
    I wish I lived alone.

I wish I lived alone.

I wish I lived alone.

I WISH I LIVED ALONE!

this feels like a lead up to a front page news story

• Options
    Literally the moment I get a teaching position I am going to jump ship so fucking hard.

But that'll be, minimum, two years from now so I'm stuck playing these modern spy-games.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Leave them both, move into a house share?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Yeah uh at this point they're both dicking around with your living situation and finding one where you don't have to rely on either of them could be worth it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Yeah uh at this point they're both dicking around with your living situation and finding one where you don't have to rely on either of them could be worth it

Potentially.

I'm wary of living with strangers though, kind of that Devil You Know situation.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    All right, love thread, I need help.

Donna likes funny presents, and I was thinking of sending her flowers, but I feel the funny gift would be better if it's possible.

Is there anything I can order to be delivered that would be funny? Or what could I possibly do here?

Keep in mind we live in different cities, so I can't deliver it myself, or this wouldn't be an issue.

Edit: I could order something from Amazon.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Order her a big bag of sugarfree gummy bears from Amazon. That's pretty funny.

Here you go.

• Options
    send her the head of the clown that wronged her

oh has a clown ever wronged her

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Humor is a pretty personal, subjective thing, friend

I am going to try and get a read of things with the restaurant crush, and if things look at all positive, I think I'll ask her​ if she's free tomorrow night

Gulp

I'm rather tired of my usual routine of crushing on someone for weeks, attempting to decipher gestures and phrases to figure out if we're flirting or not, wondering if we're merely being happy and polite and positive, finally asking her out, maybe getting one date, and then no second date

If she says yes, awesome!

If we have a good time, even better!

Etc

If she says no, that's ok too

But this routine I've had is very tiresome

I would be better served by bravery than by caution

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I searched for Butt Vase on Amazon and didn't find anything so I am all out of ideas for funny gifts.

The results page did have an Amazon seller who seems to have grabbed all of the generic cutesy slogans and whatnot that usually go on mugs and baby clothes and put them on thongs. And that is something.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I searched for Butt Vase on Amazon

this sentence alone on a shirt may be what you're looking for

it's certainly what I'M looking for

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Okay but what if it was on a thong instead?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Okay but what if it was on a thong instead?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    whatever you do don't get her the sugarfree gummy bears. they cause explosive butt problems. it's a joke, but the joke is on her loo.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Shoot

I should have shaved my scruffy face this morning

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Met a cute girl

Get along, same type of humor, yada yada

Literally only eats mac and cheese

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Met a cute girl

Get along, same type of humor, yada yada

Literally only eats mac and cheese

so how does that hurt you?

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Mac and cheese rules. It's a really versatile dish for getting fancy, too!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah mac & cheese is great

I mean maybe you should eat things other than it too but yeah

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Well you can put weinies in it.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Eating nothing but mac and cheese sounds like something a fussy 6 year old would do

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

Well you can put weinies in it.

That's a little forward for having only just met her, don't you think?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Eating nothing but mac and cheese sounds like something a fussy 6 year old would do

My food preferences are much like a fussy 6 year old. I don't understand why that matters that much.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Lol ikr give the lady a fucking break

• Options
    My only concern with that is health-wise. But at the same time, it's her body, so whatevs.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    You know though a lot more of my eating preferences that came up when I was dating my ex had to do with the fancier atmosphere of the restaurants she prefered.

I get really uncomfortable when a place feels fancy.

Also kinda don't like that much money to be spent on me sometimes when I am more happy just sharing the other person's company over the experience of eating something fancy.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Like were it up to me I would pretty much have a diet exclusively of mac & cheese, guacamole, and tacos

But I probably need something healthy in there. Probably.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Yes, I can see how it'd be helpful to be on the same page regarding food when it comes to dates and deciding on dinner.

I don't think you should let it be a dealbreaker though.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah food choices are food choices, I still get people that try to force raw tomatoes on me, or other foods I dislike, after I tell them I don't like them. As if they have this magical way of cooking that's just going to make it taste amazing and wonderful for me.

People do it with places like red robin even. "Oh you're ordering the chicken tenders, what are you some kind of baby-mouth?" No I just don't feel like a fucking hamburger today get off my ass about it. No one says that out loud, but they sure do bellyache about it online.

I don't know how I'd feel personally about just mac and cheese, but I know how tiring it gets when everyone judges you for your preferences.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I'd kill for a good cheeseburger right now.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A diet of solely mac and cheese sounds like you'd be anaemic as heck.

This discussion has been closed.