As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] itself shall slumber on

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I wouldn't force them to change their lifestyle, but honestly, it would reduce the likelihood of me dating someone who only ate mac and cheese.

I enjoy eating new and interesting food. And I enjoy doing it with people, so yeah it does effect your dateability. I mean if you didn't like one or two things that's fine (I don't really rate corn or beetroot) but when you start sanctioning off entire food groups I start to cross you off my list.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I had a couple of them things what you microwave with a crisper sleeve.

Oh, Hot Slots.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Cooking/experimenting with new recipes is one of the major components of my relationship. It's also nice that he cooks more than I do so sometimes I come home to fancy homemade dinner!

• Options
    I've been making bento lunches for Rachel and myself lately and it's been really nice

Though right now I'm sticking to just a few things rather than trying different things every week

Basically rice, a small egg omelet, chicken, parsnip/carrot kinpira, fried tofu, and mushroom/spinach stir fry.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Sounds like someone found a cooler version of Soylent.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    If anyone wants a taste sensation, crumble up some doritos real fine on your next order of mac n cheese.
    I've been to a few fairly fancy restaurants that top their mac & cheese with crumbled potato chips or cheetos. Yum!

That place in Boston was good.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Well I'm gonna have mac and cheese tonight, thanks folks

I have just the girl for you

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Well I'm gonna have mac and cheese tonight, thanks folks

Mac & Cheetos are back at BK
    I know. I'm sorry everyone.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Good American Mac and Cheese is not a thing I have tried yet down here and I really should, it's definitely more of a thing than in the North where our cheese-related death food is just Poutine

It's on the list with Chicken and Waffles and seeing if there's some version of sausage gravy that doesn't just taste like sad meat and cream puree and also maybe getting some particularly good ribs??

Oh and Crawfish Boils sound like a neat thing, I guess one of those would be cool sometime too

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I am gonna be honest. Poutine looks gross.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

but it tastes divine

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

but it tastes divine

Oh yeah maybe. But it looks like an animal got sick on some perfectly fine fries.

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

but it tastes divine

I will defend poutine as the perfect drunk food til the end of my days

I will die on this hill

Steam
  • Options
    Two things go on fries though.

1. Salt
    2. Maybe ketchup. Maybe.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Good American Mac and Cheese is not a thing I have tried yet down here and I really should, it's definitely more of a thing than in the North where our cheese-related death food is just Poutine

It's on the list with Chicken and Waffles and seeing if there's some version of sausage gravy that doesn't just taste like sad meat and cream puree and also maybe getting some particularly good ribs??

Oh and Crawfish Boils sound like a neat thing, I guess one of those would be cool sometime too

I'll be honest it sounds like a lot of these could be solved by spending a couple of days before/after PAX South.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Have you ever had carne asada fries?
    It's like that

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Fuck.

I want poutine now.

• Options
    Two things go on fries though.

1. Salt
    2. Maybe ketchup. Maybe.

:rotate:

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    You haven't tried mac and cheese til you've had the Heston Blumenthal recipe mac and cheese. It has parmesan rind, reduced white wine and chicken stock as some of the ingredients.
    It's magical.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    will I like poutine: a checklist
    • do you like fries?
    • do you like cheese?
    • do you like gravy?
    • do you like meat?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    You put meat on your poutine?

• Options
    Poutine is fucking amazing

I will admit that it doesn't look great, but man oh man

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    You put meat on your poutine?

The only time I've had poutine I could definitely taste the turkey in that gravy.

• Options
    Fries are good. Cheese is good. Gravy is good.

• Options
    I'm just a simple man who likes my fries simple.

• Options
    I got a thing for pulled pork poutine

There's also this one place in Montreal that's a 24h poutinerie called La Banquise and I go there every time I visit

They have this one poutine with guac, pico de gallo and sour cream and it is perfect (especially if you just got off the bus from Ottawa with a flask in hand the whole route in)

Steam
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I will put anything on fries and fries on anything I like

Shredded chicken and tatziki? Dump it on some fries

Got yourself a nice burger? Add some fries on top

Also, some malt vinegar and salt for the extra fries

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Chili cheese fries are an American staple and I see no reason why cheese and gravy would be any different.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I've never had a chance to try poutine, but I really want to.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I've never had a chance to try poutine, but I really want to.

I just had it for the first time this past weekend

I wouldn't mind having it every weekend

Or every week night

• Options
    Your belly may, if that's a thing which concerns you.

• Options
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Actually that's a lie, my local Dominos does it so I guess I could have that.

But I'd really prefer my first time to be decent quality.

• Options
    Sounds like you should come visit montreal

*hint hint*

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

The time is rapidly approaching for crawfish to be out of season! Hurry on down!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Does it matter a great deal if a person were to replace the cheese curds with say bocconcini that had been chopped into smaller chunks? Because I can do chips with brown gravy and bocconcini cut up smaller. I'd probably even add in some shredded roast beef...

• Options
    I'm hungry

and bored

a poor combination indeed

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    @Cello, @Zonugal and i will take you on an american food misadventure

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Does it matter a great deal if a person were to replace the cheese curds with say bocconcini that had been chopped into smaller chunks? Because I can do chips with brown gravy and bocconcini cut up smaller. I'd probably even add in some shredded roast beef...

I'm not sure if that would still count as poutine but it does sound tasty af, which is the important thing

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

That sounds good, but I'd say cheese and chips over poutine for that.

This discussion has been closed.