As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Link's Awakening remake coming to Switch in 2019

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    You missed #7: use a cryo rune to grow an ice pillar right under the fish, trapping it.

(#7 is a pain in the arse to do, but it does work!)

Do the same thing but time it so the ice pillar grows right when they jump out of the water. Then they get stuck on top of the ice pillar and you can just walk up and grab.

Also takes forever and a pain in the ass to do, but possible!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Okay I thought I looked everywhere but can't find her, tell me where to find
    the woman in love with a shrine orb I keep hearing about?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

She's along the southern coast in Faron.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

She's
    In the far south of the map.
    More specific:
    On the NE beach where the river from Lake Hylia spills out into the Faron Sea.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I just learned this about the <important item>
    Master Sword

If you have full health and try to throw it, you fire a projectile! It's not nearly as powerful as the sword in melee and still uses energy, so I don't think it's all that useful, but pretty neat and great for killing octoroks and other small annoyances.
    I am so glad I read this spoiler because I never would have figured it out on my own. That is really cool. If only the controls associated with that weren't leaning on the cumbersome side of things.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Ah forgot beaches are a thing. Just kind of dull compared to climbing mountains.

• Options

Ah forgot beaches are a thing. Just kind of dull compared to climbing mountains.

Also infested with Octoroks and Lizalfos.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Master Sword

If you have full health and try to throw it, you fire a projectile! It's not nearly as powerful as the sword in melee and still uses energy, so I don't think it's all that useful, but pretty neat and great for killing octoroks and other small annoyances.
    I am so glad I read this spoiler because I never would have figured it out on my own. That is really cool. If only the controls associated with that weren't leaning on the cumbersome side of things.

There's a loading tooltip about it.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Master Sword

There's a loading tooltip about it.
    I see like the same five tooltips ever, provided I pay attention.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Master Sword

That should probably be #8 on the list of ways to fish actually.
    Poor Phi. Tens of thousands of years latter and she sees more use cutting grass, breaking rocks, felling trees and fishing then she does as the Sword of evils bane.

Road Block on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    Fuck you 300 hundred bundles of wood. In other news, Link is responsible for the complete deforestation of the Great Plateau.

psn: dantree
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The Rito village has a ton of trees and bombs are a perfectly valid lumberjacking tool.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    The Rito village has a ton of trees and bombs are a perfectly valid lumberjacking tool.

Grab some deer and venison while you're there too!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I beat the game. Currently sitting at 118 shrines...

End of game full spoilers.
    Though I really enjoy playing this game, and just not a fan of the story or ending. I really would have liked to play through the events that unfolded 100 years ago. As it is I feel disconnected from the main story. Beating Ganon feels like the homework project that I have all summer to do but I'm going to wait until the very last week to start on. The world, NPCs, everything else in the game is just so detailed and immersive, but at every corner I'm reminded that I'm not really a part of this world: I'm the old world champion, and I gotta go clean up the blight in the middle of the map. I like that the blood moon reminds me that Ganon is a thing, along with the various elementalblight Ganons, but like someone said earlier in the thread he's not a villain with agency and agendas. When he becomes the embodiment of pure evil I scoffed completely: without morality there is no good or evil. He's simply a force of nature: as destructive and malicious as a hurricane.

I really hope that the DLC picks up where the story left off: going to heal the wounds of the land and provide closure along with Princess Zelda (always a Princess, never a Queen?). Either that or playing through the events that led to Link being taken out.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I've taken a break from the game now at
    60 shrines and all four divine beasts completed. Going to pick it back up in August sometime.

I just need to grind for cash to get the ancient armour and a ton of ancient arrows, as I still don't feel ready to take on Ganon (I know I could, but I want to really whoop his slimy 'womb-of-doom' ass). I failed the first three attempts due to trying it while I was too tired, my fault.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    dantree wrote: »
    Fuck you 300 hundred bundles of wood. In other news, Link is responsible for the complete deforestation of the Great Plateau.

When Zelda asked link "What happened to all the beautiful trees?" Link blamed Gannon.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

When Zelda asked link "What happened to all the beautiful trees?" Link blamed Gannon Bolson.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

When Zelda asked link "What happened to all the beautiful trees?" Link blamed Gannon Bolson.

Da-da-da-Bollllllson! ♪ ♪ Hoo-WAH hoo-WAH! ♪ ♪ SHA-DING!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular

Da-da-da-Bollllllson! ♪ ♪ Hoo-WAH hoo-WAH! ♪ ♪ SHA-DING!
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0f7jakHUA :)

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

When Zelda asked link "What happened to all the beautiful trees?" Link blamed Gannon.
    "Oh, yeah, you didn't hear about Woodblight Ganon? It was really bad. Good thing I was there to stop it."

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

"Oh, yeah, you didn't hear about Woodblight Ganon? It was really bad. Good thing I was there to stop it."

And I freed the Korok Champion to boot! Then he picked up his maracas and retired.

• Options
    You know, i was wandering around the map over the weekend...noticed that little string of islands that seperates the eastern sea from the 'maze' shrine in the south eastern section of the map and decided to see if i missed something. I hit an invisible wall, and a message that says 'you cant go any further'. It's the only place I've ever actually found that. has me wondering if thats going to be where the DLC ends up.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    You know, i was wandering around the map over the weekend...noticed that little string of islands that seperates the eastern sea from the 'maze' shrine in the south eastern section of the map and decided to see if i missed something. I hit an invisible wall, and a message that says 'you cant go any further'. It's the only place I've ever actually found that. has me wondering if thats going to be where the DLC ends up.

No, that's the standard "you've reached the edge of the map" message.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

No, that's the standard "you've reached the edge of the map" message.

Yeah I run into that all the time at the edges of the desert.

• Options
    Wonder if there's going to be a new generation of Zelda players wondering if you can totally get the triforce if you can somehow go out of bounds to the landmasses you see off in the distance in the sea, or the massive sheer cliffs at the northern map limits.

• Options
    Wonder if there's going to be a new generation of Zelda players wondering if you can totally get the triforce if you can somehow go out of bounds to the landmasses you see off in the distance in the sea, or the massive sheer cliffs at the northern map limits.

People have already hacked the Wii U version and gone out of bounds. Just search Youtube. There's some really interesting areas out there, especially when viewed at high altitude.

• Options
    -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
    Sadly, my Breath of the Wild time has has pretty much come to an end. I've finished the game and done all the shrines. I've got a few quests to finish up and a few armours to get to 4 star. Looks like I put in over 150 hours (I'm not the fastest).

Easily my favourite game of the past decade. Can't wait for the DLC.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah it's funny because my buddy was DEAD SET against the DLC before the game came out. He thinks announcing DLC before release is shameful because it's content that should have been included in the main game and that it was just stripped away from it.

But the other day he admitted that he will be buying the DLC day 1 along with me. There's so much content in this game already I can't imagine that they had this portion of the game there and removed it just to sell it later.

• Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »

People have already hacked the Wii U version and gone out of bounds. Just search Youtube. There's some really interesting areas out there, especially when viewed at high altitude.

You don't have to hack it. There is a trick you can do by magnesising a metal box all the way up the goron mountain, put it in one of the train cars, wedged in, stand the box, and use magnesis to lift the car and yourself straight up. then you just have to have enough energy pots and you can glide across the whole damn map. They found some interesting things but nothing they could actually reach. like theres a visable island past the east wall but you cant get to it.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

And I freed the Korok Champion to boot! Then he picked up his maracas and retired.

Something smells a little bit off about that guy though....

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Do we know what this additional map feature is going to be for the first DLC?

If not, I suppose we're all expecting some kind of Korok seed locator?

I finished up the game the other day with all shrines (googled two), and all quests (googled four) and about 300 odd seeds. Running around the game world is still great fun but I need a purpose and wandering around at random for the 600 seeds left is not purposeful enough. Internet mapping them would entirely suck the joy out of the endeavour.

If they gave me some kind of Korok radar though? I could easily see myself spending some serious time plugging away toward the full 900, even if I'm not sure I'd ever reach those 'golden' heights.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If they gave me some kind of Korok radar though? I could easily see myself spending some serious time plugging away toward the full 900, even if I'm not sure I'd ever reach those 'golden' heights.

Sounds like you're getting your wish here.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Highlights:
    * Trial of the Sword (combat challenge)
    * Hero's Path (see where you spent the last 200 hours)
    * Hard Mode (all enemies +1 level and they regain health)
    * Travel Medallion (set your own warp point)
    * Masks & Armor (Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet, Phantom Armor, Tingle Suit)
    * Korok Mask (aforementioned radar)

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    200 real hours or game hours I wonder

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular

Sounds like you're getting your wish here.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Highlights:
    * Trial of the Sword (combat challenge)
    * Hero's Path (see where you spent the last 200 hours)
    * Hard Mode (all enemies +1 level and they regain health)
    * Travel Medallion (set your own warp point)
    * Masks & Armor (Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet, Phantom Armor, Tingle Suit)
    * Korok Mask (aforementioned radar)

Those are awesome features. Looks like I'm gonna be playing more Zelda this summer!

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wonder how the Hero's Path feature does fast travel. Does your marker just teleport like you do?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    200 real hours or game hours I wonder

Says 200 hours "of gameplay" so maybe real?

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    That's actually quite a bit more content than the initial details implied. Most of it is varying degrees of useful too.

edzepp on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I am bummed about the Hard mode though. The higher end (read: silver) enemies already were suffering from massive health inflation, so just making that happen sooner....really doesn't sound like fun

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Finally get to fulfill my dream of being a fairy

b1df5ea4912b2d0ef75d335a41d707e1.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
    Is that the actual artwork? Is there any for the other additional outfits?