Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Link's Awakening remake coming to Switch in 2019

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I got a blood moon the first time I fought a Lynel (during the Zora's domain series of events). I didn't notice it coming because I was so engaged in the fight. It triggered just after I killed it, respawning him right on top of me. I was like "god damn you, game!" It was frustrating but at the same time it's kind of cool, having something looming over you like that.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Had the exact same thing happen but with a guardian in castle town ruins. I was still picking up the parts from its busted corpse when a blood moon respawned the guardian right on my face.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I got a blood moon the first time I fought a Lynel (during the Zora's domain series of events). I didn't notice it coming because I was so engaged in the fight. It triggered just after I killed it, respawning him right on top of me. I was like "god damn you, game!" It was frustrating but at the same time it's kind of cool, having something looming over you like that.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Had the exact same thing happen but with a guardian in castle town ruins. I was still picking up the parts from its busted corpse when a blood moon respawned the guardian right on my face.

Having a guardian respawn right on your face is generally a good thing. They're much more dangerous at range, but up close they're pretty much free parts.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Started this game a few days ago thanks to Switches finally showing up in stock for the rest of us unwashed.

... Rescuing those truffle girls is going to become a regular thing, isn't it

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Started this game a few days ago thanks to Switches finally showing up in stock for the rest of us unwashed.

... Rescuing those truffle girls is going to become a regular thing, isn't it

You don't have to save them. They're big girls and can make their own dumb choices.

My favorite thing is when I see someone in the distance getting attacked, I rush to help them but they're knocked out, then when they wake up they show no gratitude. Effing millennial. ;)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    While I'm thinking about it:

What happens if you face Calamity Ganon without freeing any of the divine beasts?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

What happens if you face Calamity Ganon without freeing any of the divine beasts?
    you have less powers to use in the fight, gannon has full health to start, and you have to fight all the various forms of gannon. It is definitely "hard mode"

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

you have less powers to use in the fight, gannon has full health to start, and you have to fight all the various forms of gannon. It is definitely "hard mode"
    1/8 of his health bar is knocked off per beast.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

1/8 of his health bar is knocked off per beast.
    And you have to fight the dungeon boss of each divine beast you did not free.

I've watched speedrunners do it. You definitely need some skill. They don't go in fighting Ganon with a tree branch though. They run around and loot the castle first which is loaded with high level weapons.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Recent new (to me) mechanics I have discovered.

Green chu jelly can conduct electricity just like any metal. I know at least on shrine where this mechanic lets you short circuit the shrine mechanics.

Shooting a luminous stone deposit with a regular arrow will spark and light that arrow on fire.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    On the circuit like shrines you can also hit metal objects with a lightning weapon if it just needs to be triggered once and not have a constant flow.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I can sort of see why they did the weapon durability, after clearing a major test of strength wayyyy earlier than I think I was supposed to and getting some incredibly stupid weapons out of it. I still think the swing-count-to-break is too low though.

Is there a place where I can increase my weapon capacity? I don't care about spoilers, just point me at that shit.

• Options
    I can sort of see why they did the weapon durability, after clearing a major test of strength wayyyy earlier than I think I was supposed to and getting some incredibly stupid weapons out of it. I still think the swing-count-to-break is too low though.

Is there a place where I can increase my weapon capacity? I don't care about spoilers, just point me at that shit.
    You need to collect Korok seeds and find the big Korok with the Maracas. He'll trade seeds for inventory upgrades. He'll move to another location after a few upgrades and then again to settle in the Lost Woods. I'm pretty sure you find him the first time on the road if you follow the main path the game points you toward.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The weapon durability I understand how it was important to make it a thing given the game's design, but I think they went the wrong way with it. They should've gone with diminishing returns / longer durability, that way swapping / inventory management would still be a thing.

OR better emphasize "this weapon type is best against this enemy type."

• Options
    I understand the weapon durability thing and deal with it fine even though I hate it. In future games I just want more exploring, less inventory management.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I've grown to like it for what it is, in some ways. Again, a bit part of what helps it out is that the final swing that actually breaks a weapon does more damage than usual and guarantees knockdown.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

You need to collect Korok seeds and find the big Korok with the Maracas. He'll trade seeds for inventory upgrades. He'll move to another location after a few upgrades and then again to settle in the Lost Woods. I'm pretty sure you find him the first time on the road if you follow the main path the game points you toward.

Yeah, if you follow the "default" path through the game you'll find him soon enough,
    on the far side of the duelling peaks, on the way to the village.
    Or you can skip all that faff and beeline straight for the Korok Forest, north-north-west of the Castle.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    pm8kVs6.png

I wish I could find a size-friendly gif of that because <3

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I booted the game up again to try out the Pro controller and immediately found a small new area and a couple Koroks. I'm still blown away by just how hand-crafted this giant world is.

I keep going back and forth on the rain/climbing issue. It's one of the only sticks the game has to corral you towards specific paths, but in a game that's otherwise all carrots it can be frustrating.

• Options
    So here's a fun glitch I ran into during my playthrough of BotW. I have to commend Nintendo, though, as this was the only glitch I experienced in the entire, 100+ hour open world adventure. Still kinda funny though.

ox026n9jkdxd.jpg

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options

aka "the only direction I haven't been following because it's an open world game."

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So here's a fun glitch I ran into during my playthrough of BotW. I have to commend Nintendo, though, as this was the only glitch I experienced in the entire, 100+ hour open world adventure. Still kinda funny though.

ox026n9jkdxd.jpg

Try lighting a camp fire on top of meltable ice.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    It's fairly surprising how many of the lady npcs are totally unafraid to hit on Link. Particularly being a first-party Nintendo game.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    It's fairly surprising how many of the lady npcs are totally unafraid to hit on Link. Particularly being a first-party Nintendo game.

Fixed.
    2017030120411600-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg

Road Block on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Bolson's nice but I will always ship Link/Sidon

C66ONcsVAAA3m4J.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ahaha, you can use your metal equipment - or even Yellow Chuchu Jelly - to complete the circuits in the wiring shrines. The attention to detail is amazing.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular

I wish ladies would hit on meeeeee!

• Options
    Ahaha, you can use your metal equipment - or even Yellow Chuchu Jelly - to complete the circuits in the wiring shrines. The attention to detail is amazing.

I totally cheesed a bunch of those using big ol two hander swords to complete circuits. Didn't think for a second chu jelly would work! This friggin game.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I'm cheesing silver enemies with ice arrows now. Freeze them, hit them with you strongest weapon and repeat. Usually I use a two-hander and do a short charge attack. If you hold and release while Link is winding up but not spinning yet you cancel into the downward slam which apparently does double damage (and won't trigger Urbosa's Fury). Along with hitting a frozen enemy for a 3x damage multiplier it becomes pretty efficient to kill silver enemies. Could do the same with ice rods but then you'd have to constantly switch weapons compared to just pulling your bow.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Managed to get a good play session in yesterday and finished my second Divine Beast, seemed much easier than the first one.
    Waterblight was my first, and I had to use Cryonis, swim between platforms to dodge and it seemed pretty frantic.

Maybe it was just being better equipped this time around, but taking out Fireblight seemed very straightforward - though I did have plenty of ice arrows on hand.

I'm at 55-60 hours in now and still having an absolute ball and finding new ways to do things.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I never got this to work

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »

ox026n9jkdxd.jpg

Looks like some players have been busy trying to break the game:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/video_this_has_to_rank_as_the_most_epic_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_glitch_yet

The glitch involves getting enemies to shoot a ton of arrows, when there are lots of arrows present in the game world weird stuff happens in the inventory menus, that you can apparently use to duplicate weapons. And even make Link "drop" the master sword, which seems to reveal a cut feature. The master sword shoots up into the sky with a message "the master sword returned to the forest".

• Options
    I ran into the stamp limit a couple days ago and got really sad, so now I just have to internally memorize which areas I've explored top to bottom. Stamps are now just for an individual mountain or whatever I'm going around, then I'll clear them and move to the next geographical location.

Also I found a flower on Lake Hylia's bridge. From the bottom. After I fell off. My eye twitched.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

I wish ladies would hit on meeeeee!

Well, it is kinda a post-apoc world. Grab a partner when you find one.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

ox026n9jkdxd.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/video_this_has_to_rank_as_the_most_epic_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_glitch_yet

The glitch involves getting enemies to shoot a ton of arrows, when there are lots of arrows present in the game world weird stuff happens in the inventory menus, that you can apparently use to duplicate weapons. And even make Link "drop" the master sword, which seems to reveal a cut feature. The master sword shoots up into the sky with a message "the master sword returned to the forest".

I would guess at some point in development enemies could make you drop the master sword and that is probably what would happen.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Robbing the graves
    7kb3ysvr8k6l.jpg

• Options
    Does anyone know if the language options come with subtitles? It's a download just shy of 1GB and I wanna know if I should bother (downloads are pretty slow on the Wii U).

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

ox026n9jkdxd.jpg

I would guess at some point in development enemies could make you drop the master sword and that is probably what would happen.

Most annoying shock arrows ever.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Henroid wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the language options come with subtitles? It's a download just shy of 1GB and I wanna know if I should bother (downloads are pretty slow on the Wii U).

Yes, you can set audio language separately. At least on the Switch, the subtitles are determined by whatever language your system is set to. I imagine a different system is used for Wii U but you can do Japanese voices with English subtitles or what have you

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Regarding the memory that's just a forest:

Are there any clues in the picture to help you figure out where it is? I'm sure that there are but to me it just looks like it could be any moderately dense forest in the game. I've found the rest without the painter and this is my last one but I might have to give in.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    my total made up scenario of losing the master sword would be if you got defeated by any of the "bosses" and had it you would have to go back and pull it out again.