Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Link's Awakening remake coming to Switch in 2019

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    -Abel- wrote: »
    Is that the actual artwork? Is there any for the other additional outfits?

Yep

http://gonintendo.com/stories/279329-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-summer-dlc-screens-costume-art

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Trial of the Sword sounds nice, and the rest would have been good to have when I played through it. But I don't think it's enough to get me back to playing the game again.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    It does say that enemies will go past the current max level which is neat. That said I think they should look at armor scaling. It's pretty easy to build a mid to late game set that reduces just about anything short of a guardian beam to next to nothing.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm guessing hard mode introduces gold enemies or some such.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Nothing on this earth will get me to wear the Tingle armor. I hate Tingle. Actually the worst.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    New patch update out, lets you choose voice language in the options now.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    That 200 hour trail on the map would have been great to have had now. I'd probably have hit 100% shrines found without Google if I'd had that as both the ones I missed were in little interesting looking areas I'd just managed to not wander into. I wonder if it will be retroactive? Probably not.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I wonder how the Hero's Path feature does fast travel. Does your marker just teleport like you do?
    Maybe it's like a dotted line versus a solid one? The medallion sounds like just your standard 'Mark + Recall' spell from The Elder Scrolls series, or Faroes Wind from OOT, except that was only for dungeons, IIRC.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    If they gave me some kind of Korok radar though? I could easily see myself spending some serious time plugging away toward the full 900, even if I'm not sure I'd ever reach those 'golden' heights.

Sounds like you're getting your wish here.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Highlights:
    * Trial of the Sword (combat challenge)
    * Hero's Path (see where you spent the last 200 hours)
    * Hard Mode (all enemies +1 level and they regain health)
    * Travel Medallion (set your own warp point)
    * Masks & Armor (Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet, Phantom Armor, Tingle Suit)
    * Korok Mask (aforementioned radar)

If you follow the zelda.com link, they actually have a short video showing how Hero's Path works.

The reward of Trial of the Sword is really nice, and I would beeline for the Master Sword if I start a new game:
    Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword will be awakened, and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    That's some pretty extensive stuff. Okay, I'll bite on the DLC now.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Yeah, same. I really like the Hero's Path. I haven't found all of the Shrines so it should help me out.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    when is it available for DL?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah, same. I really like the Hero's Path. I haven't found all of the Shrines so it should help me out.

I wonder if it's retroactive. I doubt the game as shipped has a way to track that information, but if it does that would encompass my entire run and would be amusing as hell.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Nothing on this earth will get me to wear the Tingle armor. I hate Tingle. Actually the worst.

Set bonus for Tingle Armor : Weapons don't break.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    also, where does DLC save to on the switch?

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »

Is that confirmed? If not I bet it's similar, but it costs rupees to repair or something.

• Options
    No its not confirmed, i was just trying to think of how nintendo could troll everyone and have us all wearing the hated tingle suit.

• Options
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular

I wonder if it's retroactive. I doubt the game as shipped has a way to track that information, but if it does that would encompass my entire run and would be amusing as hell.

I read a news story on the DLC that clarifies that it is indeed retroactive.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    also, where does DLC save to on the switch?

I'm not really sure. I purchased it this past weekend, and it said it installed and now the start screen says 'DLC downloaded' so i assume its there...however i have no idea where the three chests are so until i find them im not sure its really on lol

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

I hope it applies to more than the main account

for example, I can see how many hours I've put into zelda, but no other account on the switch can

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

I hope it applies to more than the main account

for example, I can see how many hours I've put into zelda, but no other account on the switch can

I'm 100% sure it's tied to the saved game.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Mad at those floating challenge planks.

One thing I wanted to do so very badly was to use Octorock Balloons to turn a raft into an airship. But the balloons pop in seconds. And now you're telling me that you're just adding immortal balloons to hold up your challenge planks? Can I just steal those?

Travel Medallion is a strong addition. Will probably solve the issue of sudden rainfall requiring a player to either sit and wait to continue playing the damn game, or to Warp out and lose progress.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    I am already territorial over those planks and the DLC hasn't even dropped yet. That dude is begging to be punted off that thing.

Look at it! http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/assets/img/news-articles/18/03_hardmode.jpg

I will have that plank

• Options
    Can I put a sail on that plank?

• Options
    edited May 2017
    The balloons on the planks look like red octoroks, don't remember seeing red octos before.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    Then let me harvest red octo balloons.

I want a majestic airship, dammit.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

"But Link, why don't we use Van Medoh for this flyover attack?"

Enlong: "Because this time I'm the bullet."

• Options
    Vladimer wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

"But Link, why don't we use Van Medoh for this flyover attack?"

Enlong: "Because this time I'm the bullet."

More like "Cause fuck that arrogant Rito"

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Those floating platforms are so funny to look at.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Aww man, I managed to ride a skeletal horse but the stables wouldn't let me board it. Some nonsense about it being a monster and that it might eat the other horses.

It's got no digestive system - what are they afraid of?

What a bunch of Mickey Mouse bullshit. ;)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Aww man, I managed to ride a skeletal horse but the stables wouldn't let me board it. Some nonsense about it being a monster and that it might eat the other horses.

Maybe Nintendo will eventually let you make your own stable, with blackjack and hookers

real talk though, i wish i could have a bear in my stable

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Nope not even that. Plus I've been used to the durability system forever.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Watch Tingle's bonus make any critter and monster you attack drop rupees like those blue glowing bunny things.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

I was actually amazed when it did let me stable one specific non-standard horse.

But it can't wear gear. :(

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    People use the horses? I found them to be very obtrusive (just as they are in Skyrim). I know it takes me longer, but I have a habit of picking up EVERYTHING from point A to point B, so hopping off the horse every time was a hassle.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I don't use the horses.... but sometimes you see a skeletal horse and wonder where it's been all your life.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I don't use the horses.... but sometimes you see a skeletal horse and wonder where it's been all your life.

Gotta ride it nude too.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I want to be beastmaster Link, damnit!

In any case.. does anyone know the story behind the cobra on the back of Tingle's outfits?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

Gotta ride it nude too.

Or with the glowy skull tights.