• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That last one is very specific

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Y'ALL READ THE MANGA

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    no

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I'm sorry what

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    a few years back, my brother and I were playing a game of Dungeons & Dragons with some fellows

it came up in passing at one point that my brother's character, a human Duskblade raised among the Githyanki as a "Gish", is what he called "Spartan gay". Homosexual, but in an ultra-masculine and "military bond" kind of way.

It was a sort of minor character beat that wasn't super core to his character and only came up because some villainous NPC made a shitty remark and he well actually'd them.

Anyway, like months later we're playing this same campaign and a Succubus tries to snooker my brother's character with seductive promises, as is their remit

The Succubus assumed a female form, assuming that this cis dude she was dealing with was hetero and would be Into That. This was also an assumption on the DM's part, as he had simply forgotten the detail that my brother's character was homosexual.

So, when the Succubus tried to hit him with her magic to get him on her side, he was like "uhhhhhhh" and pointed out to the DM that he's gay. The GM was like "oh, dang, right" and was like "Well it's magic, she's trying to whammy you with mind control magic anyway, Succubi aren't super big on consent" and my brother well actually'd him on the rules which state that if someone tries to make you do something against your nature or morality with that spell, you get a saving throw or a bonus on it or some such.

The DM was like oh, hrm, that's a fair point. So my brother rolled the dice and made the save and thus resisted the Succubus' magic and cut her down for the attempt.

So, in that specific instance, playing a gay character gave my brother a games-mechanic rules advantage in Dungeons & Dragons.

• Options
    Anyway if you'd like a little light in your life today, my sister got engaged to her girlfriend!

BVzQTgF.jpg

(yes, permission was given to post their picture)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Anyone describing something as "spartan like" should be given an hour or so to sit down and read up a little on spartan culture and then politely asked if they would like to reconsider.

• Options
    What if they do and they're even more into it

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What if they do and they're even more into it

Probably try and trim that person from your life. Maybe start quietly taking notes on their behaviour for when you're eventually subpoenaed

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Gender role test 89% masculine 0% feminine; lol I know that, test, thanks though

But I legit have trouble understanding how people would self-describe with feminine gendered traits because they're all so...negative? Maybe my perspective here is too fucked to have an clear view.

Lol anyway off to go visit my husband who has trouble interacting with me due to having been recently made aware of the implications of the aforementioned masculinity, should be fun (...)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    from what I understand of Spartan culture

the Githyanki seem like the type

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    What if you suddenly realise you're speaking to a Gorean

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

whelp, my own character concept came out of this and it's lesbian as hell

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    entire forum is turning trans

just like my plan all along

Translator's note: plan means keikaku

Edit: also on that gender test thing I got 47% male and 67% female. So there's that then.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

Githyanki culture is pretty fucked up so yeah

• Options
    what is this goofy egg timer test you kids are taking

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    online tests are probably the worst way make any decision regarding gender.

You're better off flipping a coin.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

It's just a list of traits considered masculine or feminine in our culture and you rate how much you feel each one applies to you, then it adds up the points and parrots your answer back to you. It's hardly random; also not diagnostic. Just a cute way of talking about whether you feel like you adhere to one or the other or both or neither role.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Also, HUFFLEPUFF 4 LYFE

THE ONLY TRUE HOUSE OF THE PROLETARIAT!

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Nah, Ravenclaw all the way, except that Rowling's idea of an "intellectual" is about as far off-base as her concept of a "good romantic match" so probably not really.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Yeah, looking at that test it's very transparently "THIS IS A GIRL TRAIT" and "THIS IS A BOY TRAIT"

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah, looking at that test it's very transparently "THIS IS A GIRL TRAIT" and "THIS IS A BOY TRAIT"

I'd probably be more interested in online quizzes if 99% of them weren't like this. Put some work into making it blind, at least then there's some entertainment value in the result.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I'd probably be more interested in online quizzes if 99% of them weren't like this. Put some work into making it blind, at least then there's some entertainment value in the result.

If it's too opaque, it loses value as a tool for self-description and self-reflection.

• Options
    I'm not reflecting on it though, I'm just feeling judged for exhibiting "male" traits

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    I'm not reflecting on it though, I'm just feeling judged for exhibiting "male" traits

ah yeah well that why one cheats on personality quizzes in order to get the desired results :/

but also since our society genders a whole slew of traits related to success and positive self-regard as male, it would be also pretty upsetting not to have any of those, I would think...

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I flipped a coin to decide to take the test.

• Options
    it's a quiz on Celebrity Types Dot Com folks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    what is this goofy egg timer test you kids are taking

I sent you a link to it last night on steam.

Anyway if you'd like a little light in your life today, my sister got engaged to her girlfriend!
    ]http://i.imgur.com/BVzQTgF.jpg

aw that's great! Congrats to your sister!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    According to celebritytypes I'm 44%/39% masc/fem

Neat

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    What is the worst most appalling quiz on celebritytypesdotcom

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What is the worst most appalling quiz on celebritytypesdotcom

trick question

it's all of them

broken image link
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Which funkopop are you?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Which funkopop are you?

Charlie Brown

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Which funkopop are you?

Kill me. Kill me now.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Im watching through the most recent season of survivor and hit the episode where a trans person gets outted

Fuuuuck that cis white gay dude who is SO PERFECTLY EMBLEMATIC of gay cis male privelege holy fuuuuckkkkk thats like the poster child for 'you cant not be transphobic because youre gay'. The editing was problematic in ~allies~ centering too much of the conversation around themselves, and i dont feel there was enough anger and discussion about how dangerous calling trans people deceptive is... but jesus

The IMMEDIATE rage and response from literally everyone else raining down on the asshole. Like, they kicked him out without even voting. Just absolutely a giant fuck off and eat shit from The host. And having watched it, im positive there was discussion before during and after about whether or not the trans dude wanted it to be aired or not. Going back and re reading zekes essay after actually watching it, shit. So good.

I made the mistake of going to the assholes twitter and seeing himself being so self pitying against the ~haters~ made me want to vom but fuck

Its cool to see a show that i watched when i was a preteen grow into something that very obviously takes a public HARD pro-trans stance, even if its not perfect at all.

Also shit i still really like survivor

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

BVzQTgF.jpg

Ahh!! Thank you for posting this it made my day <3 love happy posts and love

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

Naw in this case confirmation bias works in the eggs favor

• Options

funny enough, that's essentially how most gender is decided

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    This seems relevant to recent discussion.

http://imgur.com/gallery/J0VqH

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Which funkopop are you?

The one with the black, soulless eyes

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
This discussion has been closed.