Options

[LGBT] and friends: We All Float Down Here

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    So I follow this model on Instagram, she's super cool and pretty and stuff, but today I found myself really wishing I looked like her?

And, like, that's never happened to me before so now I'm just laying on my couch like :huh:

Yeah that was a hell of a thing when I first noticed it. "man I wish I looked that good in a dr- waaaaaait"

Also silky pajamas make you feel like a pretty princess

The same here except it was Maryse from WWE. God she is so gorgeous and I hope I can look at least half as good as that.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    But i'll give way more credit to media that has really good explicit non-binary representation, like Tyler Mason in Billions WHICH I ACTUALLY HAVENT WATCHED

more importantly has anyone seen Billions??

Is it actually good?? Should I watch it?? I'm kind of crazy excited to actually fucking see a non-binary character in a tv show but i'm also terrified it will be bad!!

I've watched a bit, and the show itself is pretty good, and Tyler is a great character, very complex and competent.

There's one bit where Wilson Fisk's lawyer misgenders them, another person gives him a look, and he's like, oh right, they.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    So I follow this model on Instagram, she's super cool and pretty and stuff, but today I found myself really wishing I looked like her?

And, like, that's never happened to me before so now I'm just laying on my couch like :huh:

yeah i knew you'd only be a matter of time

• Options
    Artoria wrote: »

Yeah that was a hell of a thing when I first noticed it. "man I wish I looked that good in a dr- waaaaaait"

Also silky pajamas make you feel like a pretty princess

The same here except it was Maryse from WWE. God she is so gorgeous and I hope I can look at least half as good as that.

for me it was Hackers era Angelina Jolie

I think most people know that already

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yo realtalk if anyone ever gets an egg vibe off of me for the love of fuck please tell me

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    White nationalists are planning a big rally in Portland. Two people were killed yesterday trying to protect two muslim women from being harassed by a nazi. He cut their throats.

Is that what happened at one of the Max station stops?

Yup
    Tox wrote: »
    Yo realtalk if anyone ever gets an egg vibe off of me for the love of fuck please tell me

Nope

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I took that test that's been going around Facebook that tells you what gendered traits you have and I got 75% female 25% male so now even math thinks I'm female.

This has been the Egg Report.

(Still cis)

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Pony on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    But i'll give way more credit to media that has really good explicit non-binary representation, like Tyler Mason in Billions WHICH I ACTUALLY HAVENT WATCHED

Is it actually good?? Should I watch it?? I'm kind of crazy excited to actually fucking see a non-binary character in a tv show but i'm also terrified it will be bad!!

I've watched a bit, and the show itself is pretty good, and Tyler is a great character, very complex and competent.

There's one bit where Wilson Fisk's lawyer misgenders them, another person gives him a look, and he's like, oh right, they.

I've never seen the show but the actor looks p much exactly like me in terms of outfits, hairstyle, and general coloration/build. I guess it's cute that I am some casting director's idea of a non-binary person (ie, someone who tbh is pretty obviously afab if you take a closer look but is also making a pretty strong effort to tailor their appearance to suggest otherwise).
    I'm also not non-binary but I do acknowledge that's what my appearance conveys at the moment and it's basically my strongest option right now, so whatever.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    "Blowing out rainbows" sounds like it should be a euphemism for something.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    "Blowing out rainbows" sounds like it should be a euphemism for something.

I thought it was

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Hmm.

Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go buy a case of beer and make nachos and turn on football that I'm going to pretend to watch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    entire forum is turning trans

just like my plan all along

• Options
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I saw Sarah Jarosz tonight

that has nothing to do with anything other than that everyone called me a lesbian when I started fanboying out because she started a Patty Griffin song

edit: I should note that myself and the one actual lesbian in the group were like "this is one of the most hetero Patty songs in the world but ok"

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The idea of a 'how masculine or feminine are you' test kind of makes me want to break things

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!
    I mean, demiboy/girl is a status that exists.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

I wouldn't force you, don't worry

Is exactly what I'd also say if I were some kind of trans succubus so...

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I got low in both and 'This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous.' Makes sense.

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    The idea of a 'how masculine or feminine are you' test kind of makes me want to break things

Yeah, it looks like what it's measuring is adherence to traditional gender norms, which is pretty different from 'actual' masculinity, femininity or androgyny and completely separate from gender identity.
    Still, I'm not going to put much stock into a questionnaire hosted on a website called www.celebritytypes.com.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

They are useful to the exact extent of "did getting results for your current gender make you angry and/or sad? You might be trans" and that's pretty much it.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Im a hufflepuff.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I put internet personality quizzes in the same drawer as the magazine personality quizzes that they are the spiritual successors to, astrology, and that pop psychology personality labeling system that spits out a 4-letter personality code

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

I feel like trans succubus isn't nearly offensive enough of a term towards anybody, and as such, couldn't truly apply to you.

Though I fully admit, business cards that just say, "Emby: Trans Succubus" that you could hand out to people just to see the looks on they faces would be pretty goddamn great.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

Real talk, I've never really struggled against being a guy.

I just really really really do not like the culture that's built around it.

I suspect it's a mix of being autistic spectrum, and having my hella abusive Dad as the only male role model I had for most of my youth.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Hmm.

As8HEe7.png

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

I've never seen the show but the actor looks p much exactly like me in terms of outfits, hairstyle, and general coloration/build. I guess it's cute that I am some casting director's idea of a non-binary person (ie, someone who tbh is pretty obviously afab if you take a closer look but is also making a pretty strong effort to tailor their appearance to suggest otherwise).
    I'm also not non-binary but I do acknowledge that's what my appearance conveys at the moment and it's basically my strongest option right now, so whatever.

I wouldnt say thats the casting director so much as... as far as i can tell, the looks of taylor mason are prettymuch identical to the real life actor Asia Kate Dillon who is also non-binary. Unless you mean the costume peeps, which i guess then its just yeah, seems like they could have been more creative than just suits(though i guess theyre in a business place??)... but also as a non-binary afab person suits make me feel the most not obviously coded as well either gender so idk

IDDKK

I guess i should watch this show!!

• Options
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

Stay out of my search history.

• Options
    Or as one of my friends described it, 'getting reverse Superman-ed'.

Uhhhhhhhh excuse you.

That is, in fact, not reverse superman at all.

Superbro used his eye lasers to zap a telepathic's brain so that his powers wouldn't work for a while, by firing through the dude's eyeballs like a laser scalpel, in action comics #775.

*pushes up glasses*

In my defense, it was a friend who said this, not me. I'm sure they'll appreciate me passing on the correction.

Another fun fact about that:

Action Comics #775 (What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, And the American Way?) was adapted into an animated film, Superman VS The Elite.

It's really good!

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

This is basically my feeling as well. It's largely why I don't make many male friends - I refuse to put up with stupid toxic masculine nonsense.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I put internet personality quizzes in the same drawer as the magazine personality quizzes that they are the spiritual successors to, astrology, and that pop psychology personality labeling system that spits out a 4-letter personality code

As an INTJ

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Einzel wrote: »
    I don't wanna go.

You can't make me!

This is basically my feeling as well. It's largely why I don't make many male friends - I refuse to put up with stupid toxic masculine nonsense.

Same here. I spend the majority of my time at work talking to my female coworkers because I'm much more comfortable around them, and then I get accused by some of my male coworkers of only being the women's friend as a means of trying to get into their pants. It's shit like that that has me associating with the women more in the first place

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Im a hufflepuff.

I always get Ravenclaw :|

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Ravenclaw is the best House.

Luna Lovegood gets shit done.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Gryffindor here to take all the credit.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I am "typically masculine" with 89%/48%.

Pride week has started here, I'm going to have to find some time to attend and have some Queer Beers, was "too busy" last year and regretted it.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    "Undifferentiated" at 33/22. I think mostly it's scoring me as a huge introvert.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Maybe don't super care about an online test. Especially when trying to make huge self-determinations about who you are?

I don't need no stinking test to tell my I'm fucking Hufflepuff.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    Maybe don't super care about an online test. Especially when trying to make huge self-determinations about who you are?

I don't need no stinking test to tell my I'm fucking Hufflepuff.

Hi5

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    all succubi are good, whether cis, trans, nonbinary, or a dog that made a wish to repay its owner with sex

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.