As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I took his Tirion, his Lightlord, and his Lightlord again. This was apparently upsetting to him.

(Alternatively, I could have replied to his message with: "SECRET AGENT, COMING THROUGH!")

Tynnan on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I took his Tirion, his Lightlord, and his Lightlord again. This was apparently upsetting to him.

(Alternatively, I could have replied to his message with: "SECRET AGENT, COMING THROUGH!")

"should have played around it scrublord"

my response to hateful stuff is just usually "learn to play, idiot :)"

it makes them even more mad and it is delightful

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hum. I need to enter a new netdeck. desc lock, quest rogue and murlock shaman are starting to see too many counters.

Maybe elemental/buff quest paladin.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    3clipse wrote: »
    Tynnan wrote: »

"should have played around it scrublord"

my response to hateful stuff is just usually "learn to play, idiot :)"

it makes them even more mad and it is delightful

I prefer killing with kindness. Saying things that are ever so thinly polite, but clearly not intended as such.

(Why yes, I'm from Minnesota. Why do you ask?)

Tynnan on
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Brawl is Servant of Yogg Saron tryouts. Choose a class and get random cards that have a Servant of Yogg effect.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    My favorite interaction with another hearthstone player this month around rank 20 went like this:

Me testing out an elemental pally buff deck, him pirate warrior. He has perfect draws and kills me by turn 6.

All the while emoting every 10 seconds, with thanks.

So I add him after the match.

He says 'what's up?'.

He probably assumes I'm about to say something derogatory or just tell him to eat a dick.

Nope.

I start off by telling him that he played impressively well and then asked how many professional HS tournaments he has played in.

He says 'none so far'

I start stroking his ego, telling him that he has to be a top 100 player.

He replies with horribly spelled conversation.

I do this for the next 10 minutes.

I can't keep it up it any longer and break it to him that he is just a horrible person and that he couldn't play his way out of a paper bag and a whole lot of other nasty things I don't want linked to my name on the forums :)

I'm pretty sure I crushed his soul..

Damn that was satisfying :)

Don't do that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Hum. I need to enter a new netdeck. desc lock, quest rogue and murlock shaman are starting to see too many counters.

Maybe elemental/buff quest paladin.

Non-quest budget Elementadin
    (minus one or two cards) is what I'm currently running with and, at least down here in the 20-17 range, it works pretty well.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    My favorite interaction with another hearthstone player this month around rank 20 went like this:

Me testing out an elemental pally buff deck, him pirate warrior. He has perfect draws and kills me by turn 6.

He says 'what's up?'.

He probably assumes I'm about to say something derogatory or just tell him to eat a dick.

Nope.

I start off by telling him that he played impressively well and then asked how many professional HS tournaments he has played in.

He says 'none so far'

I can't keep it up it any longer and break it to him that he is just a horrible person and that he couldn't play his way out of a paper bag and a whole lot of other nasty things I don't want linked to my name on the forums :)

Don't do that.

For you to find that satisfying and a proper use of your time means your own soul has been crushed already.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    To be a little bit less short about it, remember not only is this a game, it's a kids game.

If you decide to unload on some random person, there is a very real chance that you are yelling at a 10-year old.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Since I play mostly on my phone while commuting, I often close the app or pop over to twitter/web browser after a match is over. So when I come back on a while later and I have a friend request I'm never sure if it's a salty add I just missed at the time or someone legit. I tend to ignore them. Apologies if I've ignored anyone's request from here.
    I did have a bit of glee the first time someone was upset enough after a loss against me to bother friending me and talking some shit. I probably don't need to have that happen often, but it was entertaining the first time around.
    I just replied with Hearthstone emote speak.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    To be a little bit less short about it, remember not only is this a game, it's a kids game.

If you decide to unload on some random person, there is a very real chance that you are yelling at a 10-year old.

Yeah, the age of the people playing at any given time is a lot lower than adult.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular

Agreed! And adding to this, regardless of if they're actually a kid or not, your opponent is still another person! Them being rude and disrespectful to you doesn't mean you should do the same. It certainly won't encourage them to act any differently.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Hmm, that warm fuzzy feeling one gets when your opponent has had enough of being priest'd.

The moment when they are finally fed up and stop playing; you can almost feel it through the interwebs.

Had a game like that yesterday. The opponent just stopped playing, though they were still there, mousing over cards, emoting, roping every turn.

Then I get Nozdormu from Free From Amber. How's your BM roping now?

Noz has yet to let me down when I play him against Quest Rogue.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I would not call HearthStone a kids game, nor would I call say, Grand Theft Auto an adults game. They're just games.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I would not call HearthStone a kids game, nor would I call say, Grand Theft Auto an adults game. They're just games.

That's fine, but you are going to be using terminology that most people won't. Just being a "kids game" doesn't mean adults can't play it, nor does it mean that there isn't enough depth for adults to play at a much higher level.

But most people would generally be fine with an 8-year-old playing some Hearthstone. Less for GTA.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Naw, it's explicit in the name of the genre. CCG--Children's Card Game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    It's a bit semantic, but your point is well taken--don't make anyone feel bad for playing a game.

• Options

So.

I don't know if you're joking or not. That's not actually what CCG stands for, you know, right? :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

So.

I don't know if you're joking or not. That's not actually what CCG stands for, you know, right? :P

It's not? I thought after CCGs kids moved up to TCGs (Teen's Card Games).

• Options
    kime wrote: »

So.

It's not? I thought after CCGs kids moved up to TCGs (Teen's Card Games).

Oh my goodness you're right! :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Naga Sea Witch into Fandral into Kun into Cenarius.

lol this tavern brawl

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I won this silly brawl when my Kvaldir Raider Dinosized himself.

That'll do, Ragnar. That'll do.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    HeyGuys

C-WVpdpUIAEAcar.jpg

Is a 5/14 Taunt that Deathrattles into a 2/6 Taunt good vs a Murloc Aggrodin? :thinking:

(yeah yeah i forgot to get an actual screenshot during the real game i had to fetch it from a replay, SUE ME)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    "Hmmm, this Brawl could easily go nuts right out of the gate . . . " was my thought before my first opponent's first play netted them Astral Communion.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I do tend to always miss friend requests from games.

Sometimes a little salt can make the difference in my dinner or lunch meals.

Anyway, at the end of the day, the overall Penny Arcade mantra always fits: Don't be a dick.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Bloodycow was warned for this.
    I'll just delete this whole line of conversation. There is no use in it

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

He says 'what's up?'.

Nope.

He says 'none so far'

Don't do that.

For you to find that satisfying and a proper use of your time means your own soul has been crushed already.

Oh my soul was crushed a long time ago. So really I feel I spent that time well. If only I saved that chat log, you would have seen that this was not a 10 year old, nor was it someone that wasn't deserving off a little off the shelf humor.

You guys didn't mature in the same environment I did. Your and my 'humor' are more then likely, vastly different. Anyone who is in the military or has been will agree with this.

As 100% of the PA community can attest, I'm a genuinely nice person. I'm only a dick if someone is deserving of it.

So you all can climb down off those pedestals now!

There is no situation in any video game, ever, where someone "deserves" you being a dick to them.

You can find it hilarious to be an asshole to strangers all you want, but don't expect pats on the head when you brag about being a douche to someone in a video game.

Also I know loads of people who are current or former military and don't spend their time being dicks to strangers. Find a new excuse.

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

He says 'what's up?'.

Nope.

He says 'none so far'

Don't do that.

Oh my soul was crushed a long time ago. So really I feel I spent that time well. If only I saved that chat log, you would have seen that this was not a 10 year old, nor was it someone that wasn't deserving off a little off the shelf humor.

You guys didn't mature in the same environment I did. Your and my 'humor' are more then likely, vastly different. Anyone who is in the military or has been will agree with this.

As 100% of the PA community can attest, I'm a genuinely nice person. I'm only a dick if someone is deserving of it.

So you all can climb down off those pedestals now!

Well just because you determine the person you're being a jerk to deserves it doesn't me myself (or anyone else) has to agree with it. I don't care if we have different 'humor' I don't care if you're in the military or how many people think you're a good person. You spent a bunch of time being mean to a stranger on the internet because of a video game. That's a pretty shitty thing to do in my opinion. You don't have to agree (obviously) but at the same time you can't try to dismiss the feelings of the community because you feel your upbringing and sense of humor made what you did perfectly ok.

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    Also, whether or not that 100% claim was true in the past, it isn't true now.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    1. Recounting a story in which you behave like a silly goose is one thing.
    2. Then claiming that you're actually a really nice person, as everybody here can attest, and not a silly goose at all without a hint of irony is another.
    3. Then defensively claiming that your silly gooseness is just a product of your specific environment, and that nobody here could understand without recognizing the contradiction with the previous claim is yet another.
    4. Then blanket telling people in the community that you cite as knowing that you're really a really nice person, even though your humour is purely a product of your environment and that nobody else will understand it, that they can get off their high horses when they don't agree that you're a really nice person is still yet another.

At some point, you've got to stop digging (i.e. insulting the community of people you want desperately to think you're a nice person, even though they supposedly all already know that you're a nice person) because you're eventually just going to hit magma.

hippofant on
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I'll just delete this whole line of conversation. There is no use in it.

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Does anyone have that Ysera hunter deck?

Not sure if it's ladder viable but I'm testing mid range with one or two big hitters (on top of highmanes) like cotw and/or king krush.

Playing crush is so damn cathartic.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »

Not sure if it's ladder viable but I'm testing mid range with one or two big hitters (on top of highmanes) like cotw and/or king krush.

This one?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/814439-epsylons-curator-hunter

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

C9zSzLfV0AA02BC.jpg

• Options
    That is one WEIRD deck!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Yeah! I made it and it's sitting there in my decklists but I haven't had an excuse to try it yet :)

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is there a place for me to see like... a line graph of my rank? I must have gone from 7 to 6 immediately back to 7 like 5 times now.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    HeyGuys

C-WVpdpUIAEAcar.jpg

Is a 5/14 Taunt that Deathrattles into a 2/6 Taunt good vs a Murloc Aggrodin? :thinking:

(yeah yeah i forgot to get an actual screenshot during the real game i had to fetch it from a replay, SUE ME)

What the hell is this program?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    HeyGuys

C-WVpdpUIAEAcar.jpg

What the hell is this program?

That's the hsreplay links people have been posting the past few pages. It's tied in with the deck tracker, I think?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Kibler is playing this Kazakus mage and it seems to work pretty well. I'm really surprised, I would have thought singleton decks would be pretty dead in the water without Reno.