Options

[Wrestling] It was the Best of the Super Juniors, it was the worst of the super juniors...

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'll only vote for him if he picks Mick Foley as his running mate.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hasn't Rock said he's a Republican?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Hasn't Rock said he's a Republican?
    As for what Johnson believes, well, he's remained cagey. People searching for evidence of party loyalty point out that he spoke at the 2000 Republican convention, which is true; but he also attended the Democratic convention that same year, encouraging audiences at both events to vote. These days, he tells me, he's registered as an independent.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The Rock strikes me as a dude who keeps his actual political opinions pretty vague as to not hurt his brand. I can't really blame him for that.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    The Rock ain't the greatest person on Earth

He has some shitty views on women, trans people, and politics in general

Which is largely fine when he's just being an entertainer (less fine when he thinks it's hilarious to throw a "dude in a dress" joke in the new Baywatch movie), but I'm not going to lionize him as the greatest human being in the universe and certainly not going to hope he runs for President.

The Rock excels at being a charming presence wherever he goes, but, prettymuch this. When The Rock eventually loses his magical sheen, it's going to be real hard to look past, well, the pretend world he gets to live in and how much he thinks about how the rest of us will fit in it.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'd honestly rather vote for Cena

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I'd vote for Rock

only for the promos during the election

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    The Rock ain't the greatest person on Earth

He has some shitty views on women, trans people, and politics in general

Which is largely fine when he's just being an entertainer (less fine when he thinks it's hilarious to throw a "dude in a dress" joke in the new Baywatch movie), but I'm not going to lionize him as the greatest human being in the universe and certainly not going to hope he runs for President.

The Rock excels at being a charming presence wherever he goes, but, prettymuch this. When The Rock eventually loses his magical sheen, it's going to be real hard to look past, well, the pretend world he gets to live in and how much he thinks about how the rest of us will fit in it.

Uhmm, so what's the shitty views on women, trans people and politics? Are we basing on his run during the Attitude Era (which yeah, its extremely problematic, but so are many things from the era and I'm not sure how much it reflects his current views).

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't support a run for President, as another actor with no political experience is the last thing we need, but I'm just curious about that statement.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Between The Rock and Mark Fucking Zuckerberg I will take the Rock thanks.

• Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    It's this talk that makes me glad we don't have presidents in the UK. Wrestlers being considered for head of state? But I'd vote for Regal, tbf. Hidden knucks might help in Brexit negotiations.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I would assume he's conservative when it comes to his money and liberal when it comes to social stuff, like a lot of people

and like a lot of people he might make questionable jokes from time to time but I'm not ready to completely label his 'views on women and trans people' based on things he's done as a character be it in a ring or in a movie.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yeah no

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    holy shit that is some elaborate face paint

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The WWE Women's tourney is being taped July 13 and 14 at Full Sail, with the finals airing live August 29th.

Seriously considering going.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Do we have a list of possible participants for it yet?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    my mom

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Artoria wrote: »
    Do we have a list of possible participants for it yet?

Not yet, but there's 32 participants and I'm guessing only 6 episodes taped not counting the live show so 7 total?

I hope the matches aren't going to be that short.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Goiing to see RoH/NJPW War of the Worlds in two hours looking forward to it.

Magell on
  • Options
    Also they may release the Women's tourney all at once instead on week by week.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Yayyyyyyy
    Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan welcomed daughter Birdie Joe Danielson to the world on Tuesday, May 9 at 11:58 p.m. The healthy baby girl came into the world at 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 inches.

"There is no better feeling in the world than meeting your daughter,” a jubilant Brie said. “I can't even express the overwhelming joy and love that Bryan and I are feeling. Now we know what parents mean about the love you feel when you first meet your child. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on the safety of Birdie coming into this world."

For all the latest on Birdie's arrival, keep tabs on The Bella Twins YouTube Channel, and tune into the season finale of Total Divas airing tonight at 9/8 C on E!. WWE.com congratulates Brie & Daniel on this exciting new chapter in their lives.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Brie's womb approves.

Congrats to them both.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVp0Mf9EYJU

This is what happens when you let somebody adapt their failed Edinburgh Fringe act into a wrestling gimmick.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVp0Mf9EYJU

This is what happens when you let somebody adapt their failed Edinburgh Fringe act into a wrestling gimmick.

Where's Aleister Black to kick the shit out of all these people when you need him

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Throughout the entire delivery.

"C'mon Birdie!"

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

Are you coming to one of the east coast shows as well?

• Options
    I've given up on ROH, but might still go to a late August show from them.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Throughout the entire delivery.

"C'mon Birdie!"

"Ask her, ref!"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Their booking has been questionable at best for the past few years, but I've gone to most of the shows they've run in the area since early 2015 and they haven't disappointed me yet.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Yep im heading to Philly tomorrow.

• Options
    Itami looked good tonight, but it's getting painfully obvious he's getting very old and broken as the years go by.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CdA__k_EC8

Tonight will always be the night.

• Options

I'm going to be in New York Friday but DM me or Dex if you wanna grab a beer at some point over the weekend. I'll definitely be around tomorrow night and Saturday night.

• Options
    I'm going to see Cody Rhodes vs Trevor Lee on Saturday.

Yay

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CdA__k_EC8

Tonight will always be the night.

Fun kayfabe-shattering fact, from the post-show Q&A:
    TOH had to record 85 matches for this. The Genie's actual record?
    1 win, 84 losses.
    The only one it actually beat is Waluigi, who went on to beat The Rock.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I'm going to be in New York Friday but DM me or Dex if you wanna grab a beer at some point over the weekend. I'll definitely be around tomorrow night and Saturday night.

i would join you all but i am off on the annual pilgrimage to visit the Mouse.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Their booking has been questionable at best for the past few years, but I've gone to most of the shows they've run in the area since early 2015 and they haven't disappointed me yet.

Yeah that's true

This discussion has been closed.