Options

[Wrestling] It was the Best of the Super Juniors, it was the worst of the super juniors...

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Boy, it's a good thing WWE has a Universal Title match to fall back on for the PPV main event when their real main event falls through due to injury.

Oh, no, wait...

I'm still trying to figure out who Brock fights at GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I can see them doing Brock vs. Seth.

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    In theory meeting Vince and Hunter would be neat, but my desire to lecture them about stopping selective 50/50 booking and treating wins and losses more seriously would get the better of me.

I won't lie, I'd pay I'd pay good money to watch that lecture.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options

As long as it doesn't go like it did two years ago. I can accept Seth losing but please make it competitive WWE.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    AJR wrote: »
    In theory meeting Vince and Hunter would be neat, but my desire to lecture them about stopping selective 50/50 booking and treating wins and losses more seriously would get the better of me.

I won't lie, I'd pay I'd pay good money to watch that lecture.

It'd be a swerve though, I'd hire my old military drill instructor to do it.

That man could get his point across quick.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Boy, it's a good thing WWE has a Universal Title match to fall back on for the PPV main event when their real main event falls through due to injury.

Oh, no, wait...

Well...they have teased Brock vs just about the whole damn upper card at this point. Maybe they should pay off on it and make him fight them all. Then when he destroys them we can watch him sit on his throne of skulls every week for three hours.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CdA__k_EC8

Tonight will always be the night.

I had never watched VGCW and I enjoyed the heck out of that.

Also I would love to have that remix of The night

• Options
    Roman's next feud is rumored to be

Miz

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

Miz

I hope
    Miz teaches him how to talk

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

Miz

I hope
    Miz teaches him how to talk

There could be some really compelling character work to come out of this

Hope it happens

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Ahh those halcyon days when Jinder still had body fat.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That could be really interesting but I am getting visions of Roman trying to sass him and nnnnnope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That could be really interesting but I am getting visions of Roman trying to sass him and nnnnnope

You'd like to think his rumored opponent has earned more trust than that

Who knows with Roman involved but maybe they can fight creative for better promos

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That feud is going to hurt his opponent more than help Reign.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

If they let his opponent cut the promos on Roman that led to his resurgence then it could work

But I don't have much faith in Raw creative for that

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Classic Roman feud.

• Options

Classic Roman feud.

Um, Braun

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Re: that potential feud, I can almost see it work but I still worry that the booking of Roman would mess it up, since
    as much as I think Miz is good enough to make something good out of it, and Roman too for that matter, my fear is that Miz would demolish Roman in promos and the crowd would latch onto him in a way that would be bad for Miz, one of the few True Heels remaining.

Also I just don't think letting Miz promo on Roman is a good idea at all. Either they'd have to limit what the Miz could say and it would ruin his character, or they'd try to have Roman come back in a way that he just has not shown he's particularly good at (Roman is good at certain types of promos, but not the kind Miz is - or at least we haven't seen it from him yet, maybe he can be!).

And even if Miz did outshine him in every way, I don't believe they'd have the announcers and production portray it in that light and they'd still have to pretend Roman won the feud.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    Re: that potential feud, I can almost see it work but I still worry that the booking of Roman would mess it up, since
    as much as I think Miz is good enough to make something good out of it, and Roman too for that matter, my fear is that Miz would demolish Roman in promos and the crowd would latch onto him in a way that would be bad for Miz, one of the few True Heels remaining.

Also I just don't think letting Miz promo on Roman is a good idea at all. Either they'd have to limit what the Miz could say and it would ruin his character, or they'd try to have Roman come back in a way that he just has not shown he's particularly good at (Roman is good at certain types of promos, but not the kind Miz is - or at least we haven't seen it from him yet, maybe he can be!).

And even if Miz did outshine him in every way, I don't believe they'd have the announcers and production portray it in that light and they'd still have to pretend Roman won the feud.

Yeah it's just... ugh I don't see this ending well unless the participants fight for a certain type of feud

And Roman seems like a guy who won't go against the company

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    They will plug in some other heel to fight Roman, have the anouncers go "how can Roman persevere against x with all the injuries he sustained at the hands of Braun?!" and then Roman will overcome the odds and Superman Punch the other guy and win and everyone will boo and that will be how Extreme Rules ends.

I guess we won't know if braun is capable of interfering in any sense for a bit

maybe he can throw an ambulance on top of roman. just make it look awful and lean into it.

As long as it doesn't go like it did two years ago. I can accept Seth losing but please make it competitive WWE.

I think that's a safe bet. as a face seth shouldn't be in pure flop machine mode and there won't be a J&J to make him look extra weak

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

I think it could work fantastically if they really steer into the disparity, Have Miz just decimate him on the mic and have Roman come up short a few times, then have him just snap and go full on terminator. The worst thing they can do his have him try to out wit or be the smarmy grinning face guy he has been often in the past. He needs to just be a silent and angry force of nature, especially against a guy like the Miz.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Please heal quick Braun, you need to be on GREAT BALL OF FIRE

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    holy shit i would love to see a braun strowman moonsault

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Engrave this post in stone for future use.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Seriously did everyone forget Braun

I'll even give you most of the other feuds but Strowman has absolutely thrived in his feud with Roman

• Options
    If Monster Among Men BRAAAUN ever runs out of steam and they decide to turn Braun face, I am 6000% behind Good Ole Country Boy Who Likes Liftin' Weights And Eatin' Steaks Braun

When wrestlers just play amped up versions of themselves it often works

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    If Monster Among Men BRAAAUN ever runs out of steam and they decide to turn Braun face, I am 6000% behind Good Ole Country Boy Who Likes Liftin' Weights And Eatin' Steaks Braun

So he'd be an actually likeable Ryback circa season 1 NXT.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Seriously did everyone forget Braun

I'll even give you most of the other feuds but Strowman has absolutely thrived in his feud with Roman

Feels really weird to say this considering he literally just got Physically hurt/sidelined for significant time (months) IN a feud with Reigns

Like that's the literal physical embodiment of Hurt more than Helped

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    And the Kevin Owens feud helped Owens because he was not physically injured during it. That's how this works now.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    they would only throw Reigns

at Miz because they want him to improve his character

Miz should holding nothing back

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

I got a much better idea!

The return

Of

FESTUS!

https://youtu.be/LiPjwiMWfk8

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts, as well.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Itami hasn't had matches with a lot of people, because he's still locked in his ongoing feud with his greatest foe

his own crumbling body

• Options
    I cannot wait for the new episode of OSW review

• Options
    like tbh

i don't think itami will get moved up to the main roster until he can go like a year in NXT without something in his body exploding

lord knows, i wouldn't take that gamble

• Options
    I haven't seen anything in Itami's NXT work that makes me think he would flourish on the main roster.

• Options
    Itami had a great match with Roddy yesterday.

But you'd have to physically try to have a bad match with Roderick Strong.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i keep waiting to like itami and it just...never happens

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.