Options

[Wrestling] It was the Best of the Super Juniors, it was the worst of the super juniors...

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    it's a new day

Xehalus on
  • Options
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Is that Mr. Belding?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dave got details of the Paige biopic Dwayne's doing with WWE

It sucks

Stephen Marchant (co-creator of “The Office") wrote/directed the movie
    The Knight family are a broke, trailer park trash type of family from Norwich that run their own small wrestling company. The father, Ricky, played by Nick Frost, served time, but tried to turn his life around running a wrestling company, but it’s a money losing company and in the money they are constantly on the run from people they owe money to. His wife, Julia (Sweet Saraya), is played by Lena Headey).
    In the movie they have two kids, Zak (played by Jack Lowden) and Saraya (played by Florence Pugh). Roy Knight, the other brother who wrestles, doesn’t exist in the movie.
    Also in the movie, even though the parents run a wrestling company, the kids aren’t wrestlers as apparently it would ruin a place they want to go.
    The kids want to be wrestlers in the WWE. The idea was that the two kids just bugged WWE officials so badly they were given a tryout. (Acts like a comedy, them not knowing what they’re doing, when actually both were fairly experienced at wrestling when they got their tryout. Also Britani was well known and one of the most popular UK women wrestlers at the time. Not a joke like the film portrays.)
    The WWE signs Saraya and not Zak, she ends up in the U.S. knowing nothing, but a kindly coach, played by heavy hitter Vince Vaughn, takes her under his wing at NXT (wasn’t NXT at the time)
    The coach teaches her to set her mind to it after she wants to quit at first. The film makes it look like Saraya is struggling in developmental when in actuality, she was a hit immediately
    The story culminates in Paige winning the title over A.J. Lee at WrestleMania (actually happened on the post-Mania Raw)
    Dwayne cameos as The Rock, showing up at the U.K. tryout and also giving her pointers before her title win. Because of course.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So you mean it's like every other movie about a real person? Got it.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Also on the "largest roster ever, yet no plans for any of them because of One injury" front: Braun's no longer advertised for anything even for weeks after July 9 (Great Balls of Fire). Bray's now against Reigns on house shows, Finn has no feud/opponent lined up at the moment

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Naomi is a dancer. Lana is a gymnast playing at being a dancer.

At least, that is what this clip and all of Lana's promo packages lately are telling me.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    I'm guessing WWE is just being safe on the Braun thing considering he has no timetable yet to return despite it only being minor surgery.

But still, fuck this sucks for Strowman.

• Options
    Man.

The brother who doesn't exist anymore must be pissed.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If Braun is out past GBoF that could fuck up his potential match with Brock at Summerslam as well.

This ill timed injuries are getting really damn tiresome.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    If Braun is out past GBoF that could fuck up his potential match with Brock at Summerslam as well.

Brock/Braun was always planned for Great Balls of Fire

Extreme Rules was supposed to be Reigns/Braun again with a stipulation (I assume ambulance match, but irrelevant now)

• Options
    I guess they could blow off Braun/Roman on Raw if he's not ready by GBoF.

Just... please get well soon Mountain Among Men

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Man.

???

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Man.

???
    In the movie they have two kids, Zak (played by Jack Lowden) and Saraya (played by Florence Pugh). Roy Knight, the other brother who wrestles, doesn’t exist in the movie.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    That synopsis doesn't make me want to see the film, but then again I didn't have much interest in the first place.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Goiing to see RoH/NJPW War of the Worlds in two hours looking forward to it.

Are you coming to one of the east coast shows as well?

Yep im heading to Philly tomorrow.

I'm going to be in New York Friday but DM me or Dex if you wanna grab a beer at some point over the weekend. I'll definitely be around tomorrow night and Saturday night.

Will do. Probably Saturday as I'll probably not want to do anything after driving all day.

• Options
    Braun being out at least justifies me dropping Raw more.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the only way I've found to deal with the injuries (and it also helps with the brand split!) are looking forward to the insane pops when they come back

braun should bring the roof down. possibly literally.

the only reason I don't miss whatever he was doing in the interim as well as the brock match is I was very worried he'd be losing clean to brock in the middle of the ring and imo this is the guy to pull the trigger on. it doesn't help or hurt roman in any meaningful way and I don't see them going with finn.

not saying any of that is necessarily true and certainly not guessing at how they feel it's just what I would go for it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I still think WWE might throw a grudging Shield reunion for Extreme Rules that will be immediately done after the PPV.

• Options
    I still think WWE might throw a grudging Shield reunion

STOP

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I want wirehead to meet Vince so he can see how chill he is

he's that cool dad that just wants you to do your best

• Options
    When he meets HHH and discovers he's the biggest ass in the company

Where's the chef kiss emoji when you need it

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Any Canadians see Aftermath this week?

Apparently Santino was taking crap about Enzo's gimmick. And I want to hear if my friend was exaggerating cause if not, man of all people he shouldn't be talking.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Santino was great when he was a goofy arrogant heel but as a face I thought he sucked hard.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    War of the Worlds was awesome. Almost every match seemed awesome and it was pretty loud. The people around me were RoH fans and not NJPW fans so that was a bummer but there was tons of NJPW fans. The eight man tag main event of Young Bucks, Adam Page, and Cody vs. Roppongi Vice, Ospreay, and Goto was fun king insane and I loved it.

Christopher Daniels vs. Matt Tavern kind of killed the crowd for a it because nobody gives a shot about Tavern, but Daniels got everybody hyped by the end.

Section I was in was making fun of Punishment Martinez for being a knockoff version of Roman Reigns and it seemed accurate.

The venue was good for the show, but pretty show meet and greets were in the same room as the ring and seating and made a backup that sucked.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Oops

wirehead26 on
  • Options

Actually I've heard HHH is very chill nowadays

But I don't have any real desire to meet Vince or Hunter.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I always wonder at these Hollywood biopics. It's like, "Hey, your life story is really interesting and inspiring. Let's change everything for no good reason."

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Meltzer says Io Shirai didn't have a very good WWE tryout so she might not be coming in after all.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

Actually I've heard HHH is very chill nowadays

But I don't have any real desire to meet Vince or Hunter.

HHH has three children. He's probably just very, very tired.

• Options
    In theory meeting Vince and Hunter would be neat, but my desire to lecture them about stopping selective 50/50 booking and treating wins and losses more seriously would get the better of me.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I still think WWE might throw a grudging Shield reunion for Extreme Rules that will be immediately done after the PPV.

I am at work...an somebody whip together a stop trying to make Fetch happen meme subbing Shield. I feel like I need that at the ready at least once every couple of days.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    I'll try and explain my reasoning; WWE got dealt a bad hand with the Strowman injury and their match that was going to headline Extreme Rules is now fucked, and in fact there isn't even a timetable for Braun to come back because who knows how even minor surgery might go. All three Shield guys are on Raw and now faces (technically in Roman's case). They need a new hook to get people interested. A one off reunion would absolutely do that. So I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility it could happen. It probably won't happen but then again who knows how panicked WWE is about this Braun injury screwing up everything.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I don't think anyone had any problems understanding your reasoning.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Nope, fuck it, not going to do it

I don't need to treat this forum like twitter

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Wirehead isn't talking nonsense, there's logic to the idea the WWE might rush a quick Shield reunion in to generate interest.

I think the flaw here is assuming they care that much about generating extra interest for a non-major ppv like Extreme Rules.

They don't need a "big" match for it, they will just put together a normal card as usual.

• Options
    They will plug in some other heel to fight Roman, have the anouncers go "how can Roman persevere against x with all the injuries he sustained at the hands of Braun?!" and then Roman will overcome the odds and Superman Punch the other guy and win and everyone will boo and that will be how Extreme Rules ends.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Boy, it's a good thing WWE has a Universal Title match to fall back on for the PPV main event when their real main event falls through due to injury.

Oh, no, wait...

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Just make Miz vs Dean the main event and let Miz make the IC belt the best thing going on Raw, too.

This discussion has been closed.