Options

[Prey] Mooncrash DLC out now!

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I remember getting Elias' map well before getting to Crew Quarters, so the map locations could actually be one of the things that gets randomized.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Just finished my second playthrough of the game and I have one question of crucial importance: how the hell am I eating potato chips and bananas when I'm in the vacuum of space with a helmet on?

Fremen stillsuit?

Just stick the chips in the suit's food compartment for a nutritious chip slurry on the go!

some sort of neckbeard stillsuit running on chips and mountain dew?

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It's the only way.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Decided to get this by recommendation of @Sirialis, blind as a bat. All I know so far is that I can't trust inanimate objects and that I have a shit load of banana peels and used cigars in my inventory. Am I walking into an episode of Rejected Cartoons?

Despite posting, I don't plan to read much in here until I have several more hours of gameplay under my belt to continue my blind run. However, I will say that
    Finding out that I was on a satellite orbiting the moon already kind of made me stop and slowly look around for a while... then I found another banana peel and everything seemed normal... until I then found a lemon peel and suddenly a major turning point in the game occurred to me: I could make a cocktail next to a turret and should be fine for the rest of the game, right?

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, this game rewards exploration to an extraordinary degree, figuring out stuff on your own is also pretty satisfying, there are so many little crew stories and little bits and pieces that ties it all together.

I started playing on day 1 and I still havent finished the game once yet and I'm probably less than halfway through because I just scour every room until I've uncovered all of the secrets there.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Yeah, this game rewards exploration to an extraordinary degree, figuring out stuff on your own is also pretty satisfying, there are so many little crew stories and little bits and pieces that ties it all together.

I started playing on day 1 and I still havent finished the game once yet and I'm probably less than halfway through because I just scour every room until I've uncovered all of the secrets there.

My first playthrough took more than 25 hours and I knew I still skipped a bunch of things, and then on my second playthrough I somehow still managed to get an assload of chipsets I never found the first time around despite finishing in half the time.

The game really does have Deus Ex 1 levels of exploration and alternate routes, I was still finding loads of additional alternate routes and spaces my second time through the game. It really feels like they gave some general design parameters to a team, said "build a complete station with these things", and then built a game in that space instead of designing a bunch of levels and stitching them into a station.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Wait, Morgan is operating neuromods incorrectly. The instructions say you press it against the orbital bone first. You're a loose cannon, Morgan.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Wait, Morgan is operating neuromods incorrectly. The instructions say you press it against the orbital bone first. You're a loose cannon, Morgan.

Turn in your badge that's actually a mimic and your psychokinetic powers

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Finished the game! Overall, really enjoyed it. Thoughts on the ending:
    Once Wohl shows up it gets dumb. It goes from a really interesting slow-burn, exploration/resource management game into feeling just like an action oriented FPS. The last hour left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because of how dramatic a departure it is from the rest of the game.

I found Hard to be a pleasant challenge for the first half of the game, but eventually I had enough neuromods and materials that I killed everything with no real trouble and never had to worry about ammo, health, or suit integrity. Might play again on Nightmare and go for a different ending.

edit:
    oh okay I waited after the credits for the actual ending. COMPLAINTS WITHDRAWN HOLY SHIT GAME

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Guy is playing Prey, hears sudden loud pop and glass shattering... Oh, its just a bullet.

Link to imgur post - http://imgur.com/a/pcIWF

Edit: Follow up imgur post, Bethesda responds. - http://imgur.com/gallery/3e5qk

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Guy is playing Prey, hears sudden loud pop and glass shattering... Oh, its just a bullet.

Link to imgur post - http://imgur.com/a/pcIWF

uh what the fuck

Arkane this is too much immersion

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Ah a bug that deletes items when walking through doors. Nice. And they patched the item duplication exploit so you can just do that to get them back. Yes yes. Very nice.

Is the console version the same in the bugs department?

I swear this stuff only happens with PC games I get. PC gaming is the worst.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Materials can still be exploited on console. The method changed a little.

Huh, only three of the initial abilities share the generic "I knew you would pick that" line. The rest are different.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Materials can still be exploited on console. The method changed a little.

Huh, only three of the initial abilities share the generic "I knew you would pick that" line. The rest are different.

Is there one going "Why would you pick that? You're doing a wrench-only run? Is this for a youtube challenge or something? Eh fine, what do I care..."

I saw a youtube video like that for Deus Ex (but I can't find it anymore); someone impersonating Paul, reminding JC to upgrade their skills.
    "JC, you... mastered swimming. Why?"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Nah, January is pretty positive. Stealth was unusual, though.

• Options
    Would be nice if the game didnt allow repeat chipsets, I've got 3 heavy chipsets that allow me to move faster while using Q-Beam and Gloo gun... Yeah, I wasnt even using the first one.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    There just needs to be a way to drop them.

Having multiple copies exist isn't bad, but getting them stuck in your inventory def is.

• Options
    Some chips make sense in multiples, so implementing a hard "no repeats" doesn't seem like the correct solution. But it would be nice if you could recycle them.

• Options
    I cant use more than one though? At least not the Heavy one.

• Options
    I had two of the +50 PSI Scope chips, but maybe it only lets you double up on things that are explicitly additive.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    I had two of the +50 PSI Scope chips, but maybe it only lets you double up on things that are explicitly additive.

Yea I have multiple "sense mimic" ones. You cannot equip more than one they just replace each other. Of course even if you could it wouldn't do anything. They just kinda gum up the works when scrolling through the list looking for what you want to equip.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Duplicates can't be stacked, only multiples from a series. So you can't equip two Version 1 chipsets, but you can equip Version 1 and Version 2 and the bonuses stack.

I do wish you could stack duplicates, though.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    Regardless of how difficult the hacking minigame is, it is an atrocious hacking minigame. Just not fun at all.

I have yet to play one that was.

The only minigame I've ever liked was the lockpicking in Bethesda games (particularly in Oblivion where you can pick anything regardless of skill, it's just very hard). In general minigames are just not a good idea.

I like the ones in new Deus Ex games, and the one in Bioshock. Fallout has passible hacking.

Prey's is hot bullshit.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »
    glimmung wrote: »
    Black Box
    ... I thought I'd get some kind of new weapon from this sidequest, its just background info on the Q-Beam? :sad:

Pretty sure you can now craft the q-beam ammo.

I also like that the quests don't "reward" you per se, very in keeping with the story and theme of the game.
    This whiteboard made me believe that Black Box was hopefully some kind of experimental weapon that I hadnt found yet.

GtiKRNdl.jpg

It is.

Last act spoilers
    The military operators are the Blackboxes the project is tAlking about.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So uh.. I just lost like 4+ hours because a game trigger broke on Shipping and Receiving. Like, how can a game be this fucking broken? I've had several bugs but they were mostly minor.

Ugh, this sucks.

• Options
    Bridge.
    The Shuttle Advent, what difference do the choices make? I mean, I already went there and cleared the place out, just a bunch of dead dudes, will this affect the "Dont kill anyone" achievement? I mean they were already dead.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Bridge.
    The Shuttle Advent, what difference do the choices make? I mean, I already went there and cleared the place out, just a bunch of dead dudes, will this affect the "Dont kill anyone" achievement? I mean they were already dead.

It didn't effect the achievement for me.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Bridge.

It doesn't affect that achievement, however:
    I think they just goofed with ship names, because, yes, there's the destroyed shuttle orbiting Talos full of dead volunteers. But you're actually blowing up a ship that's taking Gustav Leitner back to Earth, and when you blow it up it's apparently nearing re-entry.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I kinda hate vague shit that doesnt make sense at all.
    How is a stranded shuttle with its door blown right off 6 minutes from landing in Seattle.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    mid to late game enemy spoils..
    man the nightmare was a dissapoint, playing on hard and when the first one showed up I had my shotgun + combat focus already upgraded enough to kill it in one clip, without any risk of taking damage. Just got the quest to stop them from popping up and I don't think i'm going to bother because they're just an easy source of free materials whenever they pop up. This is supposed to be scary?

Was a real letdown as I was all psyched up to fight it and then...meh

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    mid to late game enemy spoils..
    man the nightmare was a dissapoint, playing on hard and when the first one showed up I had my shotgun + combat focus already upgraded enough to kill it in one clip, without any risk of taking damage. Just got the quest to stop them from popping up and I don't think i'm going to bother because they're just an easy source of free materials whenever they pop up. This is supposed to be scary?

Was a real letdown as I was all psyched up to fight it and then...meh
    I didn't have combat focus for the first one and it took me a bunch of tries. I eventually beat it by melting it with the Q-Beam from a distance (it has an instant kill smash at close range) while eating medkits like Tic Tacs. Combat focus makes every enemy a joke.[/spolier]

• Options
    I kinda hate vague shit that doesnt make sense at all.
    How is a stranded shuttle with its door blown right off 6 minutes from landing in Seattle.
    That's not the shuttle. There are two shuttles. One that departed for Seattle just as the outbreak occured, and one that was used later for a failed escape attempt.

• Options
    Oh, apparently the other Shuttle is called "Exalt".

• Options
    edited May 2017
    The Cook.
    Found Luka in an Escape Pod near Talos Bridge... He just died on his own? Is that going to count against me for some reason? I mean the quest "Kill him" did finish.

Edit: Looking at the blood puddle and the blood stains on his way in, he must have been wounded bad by those Greater Mimics on his way down apparently.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    The Cook.
    Found Luka in an Escape Pod near Talos Bridge... He just died on his own? Is that going to count against me for some reason? I mean the quest "Kill him" did finish.

Edit: Looking at the blood puddle and the blood stains on his way in, he must have been wounded bad by those Greater Mimics on his way down apparently.

You're fine, you can always check your kill stats in Stats in the menu anyway.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Dranyth wrote: »
    The Cook.

You're fine, you can always check your kill stats in Stats in the menu anyway.

But I dont have Humans Killed listed in my sta- Kills Mikhaila, oh there it is.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    For the Cook
    I saw the recycler mine beside his headin his pod, so I zipped in and disabled it.

It was pretty hilarious when he started his "I'm dying but I finally got you!" laughter... and nothing happened. And he just sort of keeps laughing anyway, but it gets awkward and forced.

And then he keels over and dies.
    Had me quite a good laugh over that.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I enjoyed my ending. I saved at the end so I guess I can play it out somewhat differently.

Will definitely like these runs in the future:

No needles
    Human tank
    Typhon bomb thrower

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    So this game is savagely hard even on normal. I like that. I also like how you can go pretty much wherever and if you end up being too weak for the enemies, them's the breaks.

What I don't like is that even at 1920 it gets slow as heck whenever I get into battles. With a 970 video card, that is a bit disappointing.