Options

I got my drink, I got my music, but today I'm yelling [Job] don't kill my vibe!

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I don't post in here but I have a great work story to tell from today.

This guy who owns a local party shop has been disgruntled about the grocery store I work at because they got a liquor license like 4 years ago. At first our company offered to buy his, but he was asking for too much so they just went through the normal channels and got a new license for the store. I'm uncertain if he lost his license or not because of this. So about two weeks ago, I'm uncertain of the actual day since I was away on vacation, he puts up a bunch of signs on his store about government over reach and corporations being bad because the store I work at "stole" his license. They basically read like any conspiracy thread and every day he started putting up more and more stuff. Which I might try and get some pictures of tomorrow. Yesterday he was in our store and shopped like nothing was wrong. Today I was on my lunch break and he came to the store with a ladder and defaced our store front.

They called the cops, but he had tied himself to the ladder so they couldn't get him off and he stayed up there until a ladder truck from the fire department showed up and then he came down. I missed the action because I was on lunch, but apparently a bunch of people were watching him and it was quite the showcase. I might put in an update when I find video of it since a bunch of people were recording it with their phones.

I might not take pictures of the store and all the shit he's got on it, because I'm pretty sure he's suffering a legit mental breakdown and I don't want to dog pile on that.

Magell on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My favorite SAT story is how the first time I took it my parents made SURE I had a calculator because my sister forgot hers the first time she took it.

What they did not make sure of is that the batteries were good. So it died and I had to do it without a calculator. I managed pretty good!

Couple months later I retook it (as you do) and this time we made sure both the calculator and batteries were good to go.

My math score went down

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    Yesterday I paid out a western union transfer to somebody who was born the day I graduated high school.

You remember the day you graduated high school?
    I got the year down pat, and I'm moderately certain it was June, but the day? Jeez, color me impressed!

I remember because it's the same day as my mom's birthday!

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    My favorite SAT story is how the first time I took it my parents made SURE I had a calculator because my sister forgot hers the first time she took it.

What they did not make sure of is that the batteries were good. So it died and I had to do it without a calculator. I managed pretty good!

Couple months later I retook it (as you do) and this time we made sure both the calculator and batteries were good to go.

My math score went down

I can see where you lost points on the vocabulary part as it should be "well" not "good."

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Batteries were well to go?

• Options
    Facebook has gifted me with pictures of the Par T Pac business that the dude runs. I'm generally one that roots against corporations including the one I work for, but this stuff is pretty inane and bums me out. Plus there is another party store down the street from him that is doing fine, because it's an awesome store. I know our prices on beer and liquor are terrible because I never buy that stuff from work anyway and go to the local store.
    7qj6mw4p3klr.jpg

dv6lafs8luiq.jpg

obip593wscas.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bad cronyism is how a fence got built and a fire hydrant was installed on a Sunday! here
    Just because someone is friends with a city councilor I would not use that friendship for things like that I would do something about it as a concerned citizen
    They closed off an alley because people were having sex in the bushes on the business side of it and people were dealing drugs inside of the alleyway
    You made the choice to live near a shopping center deal with it!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Barely an hour and a half in and hit with an alarm that shits on my entire schedule.

Now I'm sitting here next to a portable, waiting for a police sweep, pondering my life's mistakes.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I don't remember my graduation date exactly but after all these years I'm comfortable with my post being within a +/- 3 day margin.

• Options
    The funny thing about security is the more honorable you are, the harder it is.

I am wasting the time of these noble officers.

What if a transient or horny teens walked out of this thing, right now, how weird would that be?

It was empty

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Shit on her desk from now on

Like a Boss:
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    And another door, that is my record. Fuck.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Facebook has gifted me with pictures of the Par T Pac business that the dude runs. I'm generally one that roots against corporations including the one I work for, but this stuff is pretty inane and bums me out. Plus there is another party store down the street from him that is doing fine, because it's an awesome store. I know our prices on beer and liquor are terrible because I never buy that stuff from work anyway and go to the local store.
    7qj6mw4p3klr.jpg

dv6lafs8luiq.jpg

obip593wscas.jpg

yeah uh wow I hope they get that guy some mental health help

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

QIWV8uN_zps0legtee4.jpg

What is going on?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'll never understand why some folks think that barely comprehensible handwriting scrawled all over a 1) building 2) car 3) anything would ever convince someone else of their position on a topic. Is it some sort of detachment from reality? "I'll scrawl all over my car windows with paint pens, that'll PROVE that vaccines are bad!"

Uh, no...

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'll never understand why some folks think that barely comprehensible handwriting scrawled all over a 1) building 2) car 3) anything would ever convince someone else of their position on a topic. Is it some sort of detachment from reality? "I'll scrawl all over my car windows with paint pens, that'll PROVE that vaccines are bad!"

Uh, no...

It's a type of advertising so isn't really meant to convince a person right there on the spot. It's more meant to raise awareness of whatever and get people interested in the topic.

Would someone be convinced by a bunch of anti vaccer messages scrawled on a car? Almost definitely not. But what could happen is someone with no real knowledge on the subject goes home, googles "vaccines cause autism," and a few clicks later there's a new anti vaccer.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    7qj6mw4p3klr.jpg

dv6lafs8luiq.jpg

obip593wscas.jpg

I appreciate their unintentionally correct use of quotation marks around stuff like "stole" and "usurped" to make it 100% clear that's not actually what happened.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Had an interview this morning.

There was one question that I just had to say I didn't know the answer.

It was regarding some legislation that wasn't mentioned​ on the job description or person spec.

Feel rubbish for not knowing it and I worry that I don't have enough technical experience though it'd be something I could learn easily.

At least I'll know tomorrow wether I've got it or not.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Yeah I've done retail my whole life. I'm ready to be secluded in a dark room and never talk to anyone.

I have always opined that the real cure for racism (and probably most other 'cisms) is to force everyone to work retail, preferably at a busy mall.

It gets pounded into you, over and over, that absolutely everyone - regardless of race, creed, or color - are shitty, terrible people.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Got a call for my background check. They need more information cause of my mental health history and so they need me to fill out more forms and contact my doctors.

And who knows how much longer that will take.

Well, at least I heard something, I guess, but this likely means that I'll have to wait another 3 months or more given how fast they move.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Uh, no...

It's a type of advertising so isn't really meant to convince a person right there on the spot. It's more meant to raise awareness of whatever and get people interested in the topic.

Would someone be convinced by a bunch of anti vaccer messages scrawled on a car? Almost definitely not. But what could happen is someone with no real knowledge on the subject goes home, googles "vaccines cause autism," and a few clicks later there's a new anti vaccer.

For a couple of years around here there was a carpenter's union or something that whenever a business would remodel and hire non-union labor or something they would hire people to stand on the sidewalk with a banner that said "Shame on <X>! Labor dispute"

They were outside a couple of the local hospitals for probably 18 months combined.
    It always made me so mad. I'm a pro labor dude, but you guys suck at messaging. All those 'or somethings' up above are because I don't know what your grievance is or who you even are. I thought it was nurses or EVS staff or something for months.

Also I think maybe choosing not to hire you isn't technically a labor dispute.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hah, the forms they want me to send to my doctors are literally the same forms I had them fill out like 3 months ago. Well, I shouldn't have much problem getting them to fill those out. What's that? One of the doctors is out till next Tuesday. Of course they are.

But I do have to fill out some forms so that the department's behavioral science division can speak to the doctors about anything, so maybe that's the main thing needed? Whatever. This is such a fucking pain.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

QIWV8uN_zps0legtee4.jpg

What is going on?

Oh, I was sweeping a site after an alarm. Every time I find an open door I HAVE to call the police to clear the structure.

Now consider how many properties in your immediate area are composed of multiple structures.

Its embarrassing to have to call these hard working police officers for empty structures that could barely hold my bed, and its depressing when I have to call them for structures that competed with some of my old homes for height.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I hate password change day

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular

It's a good thing that forced password changes are dumb and reduce security then.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I stayed home today because I have a throat infection but I don't have a fever so it's not strep or anything. not sure if I should go in tomorrow or not

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

It's a good thing that forced password changes are dumb and reduce security then.

State of California has received the message loud and clear and will begin phasing out forced password changes in about eight years. It will coincide with the move from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

QIWV8uN_zps0legtee4.jpg

What is going on?

Oh, I was sweeping a site after an alarm. Every time I find an open door I HAVE to call the police to clear the structure.

Now consider how many properties in your immediate area are composed of multiple structures.

Its embarrassing to have to call these hard working police officers for empty structures that could barely hold my bed, and its depressing when I have to call them for structures that competed with some of my old homes for height.

You know, a solution to your problems could be to buy a spray tube of epoxy and close those doors permanently.
    Maybe also remove any fire exit signs just to avoid the most obvious complaints.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    I just watched a high school junior pick up a piece of paper from another student then walk it up to me and ask to go to the office and sign out cause it's a note from his mom.

Called him on it and he tried to lie to me so I asked for his name and he went "nah I'm just kidding"

Kids man. I get y'all are done but man that wasn't smooth at all.

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Interview at the local library Thursday afternoon! May I have one or two of those good luck lemurs?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Happy Emergency Root Canal Day!

Feeling pretty good now, but waiting for the drugs to wear off so I can find out how bad I'm actually feeling. Boss told me to just head straight home and take a nap though, so that's all right.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I had two root canals done the other week. It was a lot less painful than I thought it would be, I was just tender for a day or two, after that it was fine.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The real pain is to the wallet.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The real pain is to the wallet.

Seriously.

That being said my dentist was feeling chatty one day and ranted at length at how much he has to pay for his materials.

Lets just say that the real money is in selling shit to dentists. I could not believe how much he pays per gram for the stuff used to fill cavities.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My new office includes a golden shovel leaning in the corner and a paintball gun in a cardboard box under my desk with a large post-it saying "Do Not Touch."

This new position...may come with more monster hunting responsibilities than were mentioned in the original job description.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    My new office includes a golden shovel leaning in the corner and a paintball gun in a cardboard box under my desk with a large post-it saying "Do Not Touch."

This new position...may come with more monster hunting responsibilities than were mentioned in the original job description.

It said Librarian didn't it? I've seen Buffy, surely they went over this in Librarian school?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    gotta work a little late but nothing is happening so I'm getting paid to watch gundam on the youtubes so its pretty alright

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    My last several days at work would be easier if my users actually used the data entry application i built to for them more than once every few months and also didn't suck at data entry.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    My last several days at work would be easier if my users actually used the data entry application i built to for them more than once every few months and also didn't suck at data entry.

Ultimately, most issues devolve to PEBCAK.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

It said Librarian didn't it? I've seen Buffy, surely they went over this in Librarian school?

Well, yeah, they taught me how to write MARC records too, but who actually uses that crap in their day-to-day? Looks like I'll need to go dust of my old Blood-Seeking Behavior in the Knowledge Society textbook.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.