As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got my drink, I got my music, but today I'm yelling [Job] don't kill my vibe!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    My hospital has the cafeteria open at like 2am, hardly anyone is there so the dude a the grill will do whatever you want. I had him make me a burger with a fried egg and bacon on it. It was amazing.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Learned of a new company site, which was spurred by a break in of such patience and quality, I have to respect it....barring the breaking and entering part of a company whose products I enjoy.

Crammed a random site in at the last minute, got mean-mugged by resident, will only patrol this site in the middle of the night when he's asleep.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    My hospital has the cafeteria open at like 2am, hardly anyone is there so the dude a the grill will do whatever you want. I had him make me a burger with a fried egg and bacon on it. It was amazing.

I mean

that is an amazing burger

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Is that not a common thing? Because the local high school does it too.

No, that's fuckin morbidly crazy.

Death is walking around plucking students randomly from class, and then their entire course load for the day gets fucked, and they are ostensibly ostracized by the rest of the school.

Its so fucked on so many levels.

My school had it planned, not random students, cause if it was random it'd be really easy for a student to just go "nah" and not participate in it.

It was more stupid than fucked honestly.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    There's a problem with the water main at work that came up yesterday late morning. So no on site bathrooms.

They were working on it when i left yesterday so I figured it'd be good today

The employee parking lot is now blocked off so that they can trench. Oh well, just gotta hold it or go somewhere else.

Go to get coffee, it is out of order because it fills via the water line.

Is it too late to call in?

Gotta hold it?
    But there's a trench, right?

Just thinking, closed door, opened window.

Yeah, but there's still no coffee.

Also that would be rude to the plumbers.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oghulk wrote: »

Death is walking around plucking students randomly from class, and then their entire course load for the day gets fucked, and they are ostensibly ostracized by the rest of the school.

My school had it planned, not random students, cause if it was random it'd be really easy for a student to just go "nah" and not participate in it.

It's one of the most insane things I've ever heard.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I'm sorry but what is the point of that?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Man, they totally did this at my school and I'd forgotten about it until just now.

Teen me thought it was the dumbest possible thing and for once adult me agrees.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

That planning anti-drunk driving campaigns shouldn't be done after drinking too much themselves and coming up with cornball ideas, I guess.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    This is like suddenly discovering that Americans practice human sacrifice.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2017
    Teens in the US aren't even allowed to drink. This whole thing is mind-boggling.

edit: i guess that's not really relevant since hte idea is presumably the lesson sticks. But there's just so much wtf here I can't find anything in particular to latch onto.

tynic on
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Teens in the US aren't even allowed to drink. This whole thing is mind-boggling.

They may not be allowed to but boy do they.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I imagine this comes from the same sorts of minds who thought DARE would be an effective anti-drug campaign or that the scared straight program would stop kids from doing a crime.

In other words daft adults who have completely forgotten what being a teenager is actually like.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I imagine this comes from the same sorts of minds who thought DARE would be an effective anti-drug campaign or that the scared straight program would stop kids from doing a crime.

In other words daft adults who have completely forgotten what being a teenager is actually like.

I'm not sure whoever came up with this is totally on top of what being a human is like.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It's about drunk driving.

That's ridiculous. And most likely ineffective.

• Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So today at the high school they are, in conjunction with the local police force, doing their Every Fifteen Minutes activity.

Every fifteen minutes they play a muffled heart-beat over the intercoms. Then somebody dressed up as a grim reaper walks the school, and plucks a student out of a classroom. That student then goes over to the library where the theater & art teachers apply make-up to have them look deceased. The student is then returned to their class and for the rest of the day they do no work, they don't talk and then just sit/walk around silently.

At the end of the day we have an assembly where the whole school gathers out at the parking lot to observe a simulated crash scene.

Oooh boy...

Holy shit. I think I liked it better when I was in school and they gave zero fucks about us.

Huh...
  • Options

Welcome to basically all American public education campaigns.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Welcome to the US.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Shit I wish my school had done a stupid grim reaper cosplay thing to teach kids about drunk driving that sounds way better than an assembly

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    and then you all worship a featureless black disk?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

They definitely did this at the high schools when I was growing up, too.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    and then you all worship a featureless black disk?

This also sounds like more fun than the average assembly

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not sure we ever had any formal address on the subject of drink driving. If we did, I've completely forgotten it.

I'm completely sure nobody ever bothered lecturing us about drugs.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The best drunk driving thing I did (by best mean I enjoyed it, not that it was functional) was in driver's ed when they had you put on the drunk goggles and drive a car through a traffic cone course.

Of course, the thing was seriously misguided since the bigger risk is buzzed driving with marginally reduced reaction speeds, not black-out everything-is-blurry driving.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

They may not be allowed to but boy do they.

Speaking of which, my daughter an I were exploring some trails behind the local school the other day and came upon a pile of empty beer cans. Ok, this is normal, I mean, of course it's a problem but it's a normal problem and expected for a certain population of teens. She and I started cleaning it up when I noticed a very large Listerine bottle amidst the empties. Now, I've ridden the subway often enough to have seem plenty of crazy homeless people drinking Listerine because the liquor store won't sell to them, but fucking teens? Seems like an awfully young age to be developing a major drinking problem.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    so wait

you guys don't practice human sacrifice..?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The best drunk driving thing I did (by best mean I enjoyed it, not that it was functional) was in driver's ed when they had you put on the drunk goggles and drive a car through a traffic cone course.

Of course, the thing was seriously misguided since the bigger risk is buzzed driving with marginally reduced reaction speeds, not black-out everything-is-blurry driving.

Hot damn, you did that with an actual car? We just did golf carts during one of our Health classes.

My teacher said I did disconcertingly well.

Edit: Although I also basically failed the coordination sobriety tests while sober, so...

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

see now I really really want to do this.

... uh, in a contained and safe environment, not on the road.

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    Nija wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Nija wrote: »
    Heard back from the Top 25 law firm and they want a in person interview next week.

I am excite!

@Nija

Good luck! :)

bfXgRD.jpg

Interview tomorrow at 9 am.

Fingers crossed. That interview went so well. The interviewer slipped a "When you start..." into an explanation of benefits and I almost lost it.

So. Close.

Let me have this.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    fc116d3cbf368368b16f3db03d9636ed--wpa-posters-safety-posters.jpg

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Hot damn, you did that with an actual car? We just did golf carts during one of our Health classes.

My teacher said I did disconcertingly well.

Edit: Although I also basically failed the coordination sobriety tests while sober, so...

Aren't those tests just to let cops manufacture "probable" cause?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

That planning anti-drunk driving campaigns shouldn't be done after drinking too much themselves and coming up with cornball ideas, I guess.

Remember, the anti-drunk driving movement is pretty much dominated by neo-temperance sorts. So it's not surprising that they do this shit.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    We had two new lion cubs born recently. They were seen for the first time about a week ago. Three days ago one was witnessed dying in the sun a few metres away from its apparently unconcerned mother. Today I found the other, alone, covered in mud and calling for mum with no sign of the rest of them nearby.

Not sure why she would abandon it. Poor wee thing.

• Options
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    That reminds me when my high school got ready for the big inter-high athletics meet they pretty much let the seniors have free reign to put together a cheer section. So this one guy put together this fucking amazing devil costume. He wore a big black cloak while riding on another kids shoulders, who was holding walking sticks so it looked like he was twelve feet tall with giant fuckin goat legs. He even had his own entrance music, some rad metal that would start playing at random and we would all flip our shit. He would basically come out and act incredibly over the top evil about how we will literally devour the other schools, but in a much funnier way than I could do it justice describing it. He was a born comedian.

So of course it lasted all of a week and half before parents shut it down. He quickly rebranded as a "blue bull" (local provincial rugby team) and toned down the devil speak but it wasn't the same.

Falx on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

The Science Place In Dallas had a thing was a diving game/simulator where you could choose how many drinks you had at the party, but no matter how many you chose and how well you fought the drunk steering it would eventually take over and force you off the road and into a tree.

Unless you chose 0 drinks, in which case you almost make it home but get hit by a drunk driver crossing the divider.

I hated it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    They made the death toll in that simulation higher if you drove sober?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That's not a bad twist. Was it programmed by a young Ken Levine?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Ah the DARE program.

I always have a weird reaction to DARE because it makes me think of my dad because he was a DARE officer for most of my childhood.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Most I remember of DARE was the dumb lion mascot we'd have to watch during those assemblies.

This discussion has been closed.