As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

soviet [chat] of arms

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    the-reds-must-defeat-jiangsu-suning-and-hope-jeju-united-drop-points-to-advance-to-the-afc-champions-league-last-16_g864gxrm5rqx1xdxl59akjp1z.png?t=-432612349

Of all the Taylor Regan photos they could use, they chose this one.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @MrMister so, what do you think of the Tuvel thing?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    guess i woke up at 4:30 this am

good morning friends

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Also I have been playing this game which is set in Abdhy's country and has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience so far! It's got turn-based combat and important decisions and skill checks and branching storylines and all sorts of neat abilities and lots of depth.

It's p good, is what I'm saying.

oooh

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

good morning friends

*finger guns*

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    4d2lj2vlkha6.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2017
    speaking of coat of arms, what's wrong with wikipedia

why are colours of wiki coat of arms fucked up so often

why do they have such ugly versions

stop your fucking .svg tracings

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    In a telegram Putin told the new president that Russia is ready for constructive work on bilateral and global issues. He urged Macron to “overcome mutual distrust” and join forces.

Balls so big you can see them from space.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

good morning friends

*finger guns*

I do finger guns a lot. Have for awhile.

I also have been calling people "chief" for a decade, and "boss" for a couple years.

I guess I'm The Douchebag?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Also I have been playing this game which is set in Abdhy's country and has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience so far! It's got turn-based combat and important decisions and skill checks and branching storylines and all sorts of neat abilities and lots of depth.

oooh

Knew that'd get your attention, big boy

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

First response to the chain that I see when opening the tweet: "Can I fuck it?"

*sigh* Internet

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

First response to the chain that I see when opening the tweet: "Can I fuck it?"

*sigh* Internet

Rob Delaney is a treasure

• Options

oooh

Knew that'd get your attention, big boy

vikings that look like vikings, and not some kind of unholy abomination borne out of dumbfuck german turn of the century painters? Yes please.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I am curious about the plot to Alien: Covenant, but not remotely curious enough to go and see the movie.

• Options
    Mountain Goats just announced a show here in October

I am excite

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am curious about the plot to Alien: Covenant, but not remotely curious enough to go and see the movie.

I am totes mcgotes curious about it

I even liked prometheus

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    speaking of the norse
    EBOYDSMITHTHRYMSKVIDA.jpg

Thor.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    It is the kind of movie wiki plot summaries were invented for. Save yourself two hours of the exact same scares you've seen done better before by reading these four paragraphs.

I wonder if someone will gingerly approach an alien egg before a facehugger leaps out and attaches itself to their bonce?

• Options
    I wonder if someone will gingerly approach an alien egg before a facehugger leaps out and attaches itself to their bonce?

This is in the trailer.

• Options
    It is the kind of movie wiki plot summaries were invented for. Save yourself two hours of the exact same scares you've seen done better before by reading these four paragraphs.

it's like you've forgotten the whole medical pod scene

and scares aren't the point of any alien movie. I mean, maybe the first one was meant to be scary, back when your kind was young, but

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    that said I do kinda want one of these to have people not be insanely stupid about things and just fucking burn things
    removing his helmet in prometheus, for example. That was kinda annoying. But at least it had nothing to do with letting him get facehuggered.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    and scares aren't the point of any alien movie. I mean, maybe the first one was meant to be scary, back when your kind was young, but

There are a whole bunch of Alien movies, but let's be honest, only two of them are any cop at all. 3 was an interesting failure, 4 was bad, the AvP movies were schlock and Prometheus was what it was. The point of the first one was precisely to be scary, and the point of the second was to be hell for leather action after a glorious slow burn of tension building.

Maybe the new one is a masterpiece, I dunno.

I think I'll try and go see Mindhorn this week instead. Ridley Scott, bizarrely, seems to be a producer on it.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Heh, service-providers made a statement about the massive new prices and additional restrictions. "We are legally permitted to do this as of now."

• Options
    edited May 2017

There are a whole bunch of Alien movies, but let's be honest, only two of them are any cop at all. 3 was an interesting failure, 4 was bad, the AvP movies were schlock and Prometheus was what it was. The point of the first one was precisely to be scary, and the point of the second was to be hell for leather action after a glorious slow burn of tension building.

Maybe the new one is a masterpiece, I dunno.

I think I'll try and go see Mindhorn this week instead. Ridley Scott, bizarrely, seems to be a producer on it.

yeah but not scares

like the first one isn't good because it went "Boo!" in novel ways

and it... well... isn't scary but it's still good

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Not doing anything stupid?

"There are no little insect-things on this planet with lots of familiar vegetation."

"OK, going home."

• Options
    also let's just try real hard to pretend AvP doesn't exist

like I'm okay with there being a lot of bad in the aliens franchise

I'd just... prefer to live in a world where AvP was not a thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Wikipedia doesn't look and sound amazing though!

There's a sensory aspect to the cinematic experience, too. Sometimes the artistry there is enjoyable.

Like... Prometheus is a gorgeous movie with fantastic scoring and sound design.

These account for at least half of the successful elements of Star Wars.

• Options
    Ridley Scott: ‘I wanted to scare the shit out of people. That’s the job’

• Options
    Ridley Scott: ‘I wanted to scare the shit out of people. That’s the job’

that guy made alien 4 and prometheus, he can't be trusted to know what he's doing :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I'm also part of the very tiny majority that is genuinely interested in the engineers and that kind of shit

like the part of the trailer that had me the most interested was the THIS XENOPLANET IS ODD bit not the BLUARGH! MONSTER! ACTION! bit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    in a world...where there is no coffee...one man...must make his way to class...

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I'll be in your silly country in less than a month and shall see these sights with my eyes

poo
  • Options
    It's from this interview, which has Scott leave with the greatest casual burn for an interviewer I've read in a while.
    “Thanks,” he says, as I get up to leave, “but you know I won’t read it, don’t you?”

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That was my "film that would scare Abdhyius"

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I figure I will, at the very least, get something very pretty to see, with competently made door-based tension (the monster is on the same side as you of the door oh no, the monster is on the other side but punching the door oh no, the door between you and monster is open now, oh no, etc etc) so that'll probably be a fun time

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.