As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    10881556d27466f295a00773c1be688a.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    anyone tryna play some HotS? i need one more game for the event

I would be down but I ran into a game with idiots and another with people straight up hacking
    I did not even know what they did until I watched the video that was just sad to see a nova swapping places with her clone a butcher with full blood from the start of the match and a illidan using hunt often as was able to be basically immortal

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Think I am going to get back in for a while with the Anniversary and such...is the PS4 community still fairly active on here?

Definitely don't want to go at it solo after being off for 6 months.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    man i am just getting the most abominable quickmatches when playing alone, win or lose. i feel like its gotten worse since I started playing. seems like people who just bought the game.

i thought matchmaking works in QM too?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Think I am going to get back in for a while with the Anniversary and such...is the PS4 community still fairly active on here?

Definitely don't want to go at it solo after being off for 6 months.

i play ps4 pretty regularly

uhh...geek and pipe as well, i believe

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I hate getting harassed to heal or watching others harass people into playing a healer

It can go a step further too lately and I see red when it does, had someone last night, go off on our Zenyatta, because " Zenny is a secondary healer, I guess you all want to lose, why won't anyone go second healer, you guys are trash" SAID THE GENJI......

THIS RIGHT HERE.

Those motherfuckers are all the way across the map screaming for heals so I respond with group up with me and oh no here comes the WAHmbulance!

I don't see as much of this in QP because nobody really gives a shit but when I was still doing comp I'd get this shit as mercy all the time, especially if our other support was Lucio

no dude, that's not how either of those heroes work, get back here or get a health kit

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    man i am just getting the most abominable quickmatches when playing alone, win or lose. i feel like its gotten worse since I started playing. seems like people who just bought the game.

Free to play weekend just happened, could be responsible for the bad games?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

Free to play weekend just happened, could be responsible for the bad games?

that's next weekend, I think

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The problem with OW QP now is that a lot of the people that want to win play comp now, so QP is full of people fucking around, or practicing new heroes before they play them in comp.

QP was mostly fine before comp started, you'd get the occasional goofy stack game but it was 100 times better then it is now.

I'd rather practice in some sort of Comp practice mode, that follows comp rules, but where SR isn't affected, but is used for the matchmaking. I don't want to foul up a QP match based on my good DVA based MMR, with my awful McRee and Pharah practice, but right now there's not much choice. I did consider making a practice DPS account, but getting to level 25 on a 2nd account would be a big time sink.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Solo queueing in QP for me has been 5 ish losses in a row, which I assume tanks my MMR, and then like 5 wins in a row, and repeat if I keep playing after that. Like clockwork.

It's almost always a steam roll too.

If I double queue with my brother we get much more even games it seems, even in no limits mode.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well, I don't know what the heck is happening in QP with regards to player quality or whatever, but I am certainly getting way more PotG than I used to. So, that's a boost to my self esteem.

This morning on defense on Eichenwald, had to fall back to point A. Playing Junkrat and from behind me I hear "It's high noo-", at which point I spin around and pop a grenade into McRee's face and drop him. I was giggling so hard I almost let Reinhardt knock my head off.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean the week between competitive seasons is always pretty shit for QP but once its over it usually goes back to normal.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yesterday I played one game of comp in solo queue in silver league and it was shit and we lost horribly

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean the week between competitive seasons is always pretty shit for QP but once its over it usually goes back to normal.

Season 4 isn't over yet.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I played a bunch of competitive over the past few days and I assume it's just bad/good luck, but I've had one actually competitive match and a bunch of blowouts. There was a Hanamura map where we actually traded blowouts until we finally ran out of time. It's...really weird, and not a ton of fun.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    That's been my luck lately as well. Unless I get lucky, Season 4 is going to be my worst comp season.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    a reminder to save those arcade boxes until tomorrow's event starts.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Is that a Kamen Rider skin?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Okay...I need those Lucio and D.Va skins.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    D.Va continues to have the best content in the game.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i require that d.va skin

in fact i require all the d.va skins

so i can pick roadhog anyway because deleting people

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    man I don't care what anyone says, I am digging the shit out of all these skins

and holy fuck that genji skin is the tits

• Options
    every event drops on a day i have to work late :cry:

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I thought I had the only skin I'd ever need.

I don't ever plan on playing Genji like, ever, but that is some hotness.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Season 4 isn't over yet.

I gotta get in there and finish my season 4 placements

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    there's

a

goddamn

beekeeper mei skin

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    oh my god Zarya's dance is basically a segment from this amazing piece of performance art

her facial expressions are incredible and she makes a little kissy noise at the end

oh my god

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I want overwatch genji to get the eva skin that hots genji has

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Man, I don't think I'm into a single one of these skins.

Pretty disappointed.

• Options
    damn that sucks i'm very much into a lot of them

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I don't know how anyone can not be into that Genji skin

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Damnit, with all the crates from the Nexus challenge I got up to maybe 800 credits, I can probably squeeze in enough for one legendary quickly but there's like four I want.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    oh damn those skiiiiiiins

if anyone can't view them at work, I tossed them in an imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/sS67o

that D.Va skin is incredible

• Options
    mei's dance is the fucking haruhi dance

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm not really into that Soldier or Bastion, but any of the other ones would be a win for me

Gotta get that Zarya

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    mei's dance is the fucking haruhi dance

pretty sure Bastion is doing The Train

as in Quad City DJ's C'Mon N' Ride It

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I've been saving my first golden weapon purchase for whenever a Genji skin came out that was ostentatious enough for it.

I think that day has come.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I guess I'm just frustrated because it feels like the vast majority of skins this game gets on events are silly or seasonal or have some sort of gimmick or are a reference when what I want more is lots of skins that are more "normal" designs that I feel then character might actually wear on missions. There's a few in here that could fit that I suppose, but the ones that do don't excite me much.

The last event was the only one that really had a skin theme that did it for me, and it's the only event I missed out on. And thanks to Blizzard's shitty timed exclusive strategy I can't get those ones now.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    These new power rangers skins are working for me.

This discussion has been closed.