As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    3v3 and 1v1 maps id say

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I wish that 1v1 didn't tempt me with loot boxes because it is truly the least enjoyable type of overwatch possible

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    1v1 can be great. If you don't take it seriously.

But most people in there do their best to not make that possible.

Those maps look gorgeous though holy shit

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I had fun with 3v3 until the meta finally formed and it was boring and annoying as hell.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    The last time I played 3v3 I was put onto a team with 2 randos that chose Widow and Hanzo. We lost badly. I queued again, and was placed on a team with both of them. I left the game and never looked back.

• Options
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    3v3 maps need something to fight over, like a healthkit or a control point or something, otherwise the mode gets real swampy

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    holy shit that zen emote

i assume those are all legendaries

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Alright I need to play enough HOTS over the weekend to get all those crates and save up currency for this.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    boops are love, boops are life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-ycLb4ddc

can't stop won't stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6e8EcVlX3Y

also i was only just grinding boxes in no limits last night but i'm pretty happy with these numbers:
    LyR81VU.jpg
    YkkcWlT.jpg?1

(got potg in that zen game, too)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

I was like "Lucia already sorta has a dance emote why give him another one?" And then I saw the whole thing and was like "Ok, yeah. I'm down."

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    3v3 would be fine if it wasn't for roadhog

much like the rest of overwatch

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    So are we only getting arena maps? no actual 6v6 maps this event?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Seems that way, if we were getting a new full size map they would've been heavier on advertising it.

I haven't seen a comic in this thread for a while, I think I'll fix that.
    eyMXv0h.jpg
    LXWHtex.jpg
    yNJ5Fi4.jpg
    LTH6Gi3.jpg
    bUL1YUc.jpg
    DtPl5pM.jpg
    NsJzNZf.jpg
    qNJ5CGH.jpg
    u91WMHi.jpg
    hPy1UUx.jpg

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    NO YOU'RE CRYING

• Options
    a couple new skins shown off on the korean overwatch twitter

pharah's not the only one with a gundam skin now....

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    I want the Zarya one and I don't even play her.

• Options
    and now we know why sombra can hack soldier's sprint ability...

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Holy fuck.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I did it, I finished the HotS challenge, I'm free.

My reward? 1 emote (Zen's laugh), and 2 sprays (Tracer's Lena and Pharah's Scarab).

From 10 boxes.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    1v1 can be great. If you don't take it seriously.

But most people in there do their best to not make that possible.

Those maps look gorgeous though holy shit

I hate 1 v1 as it gives me characters I am horrible with
    I have not bothered with 3v3 since they gutted D va
    I sadly just go to the miserable place of mystery heroes for my boxes but then I am probably going to take a break for awhile since it got very toxic in arcade

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This turned out well in spite of some poor bubble placement.

https://youtu.be/mW2Rzo6ZpRU

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    someone wrote up a pretty detailed paper outlining all of ow's current lore

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1x0OpIPXRrweGRwMlRmV2R4WmM/view

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    a couple new skins shown off on the korean overwatch twitter

pharah's not the only one with a gundam skin now....

I like Dune Buggy Bastion.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I know this is some old news, but man at my level of play nobody wants to heal, and then when they need healing they yell at me from across the map.

I just spam group up to every healing request now.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I hate getting harassed to heal or watching others harass people into playing a healer

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I hate getting harassed to heal or watching others harass people into playing a healer

It can go a step further too lately and I see red when it does, had someone last night, go off on our Zenyatta, because " Zenny is a secondary healer, I guess you all want to lose, why won't anyone go second healer, you guys are trash" SAID THE GENJI......

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

It can go a step further too lately and I see red when it does, had someone last night, go off on our Zenyatta, because " Zenny is a secondary healer, I guess you all want to lose, why won't anyone go second healer, you guys are trash" SAID THE GENJI......

THIS RIGHT HERE.

Those motherfuckers are all the way across the map screaming for heals so I respond with group up with me and oh no here comes the WAHmbulance!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh look what time it is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6c2qWuZAg

It's carbot time

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Today I learned that health packs hacked by Sombra that get used give her ultimate charge.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh hey, as of tomorrow it'll have been a year since my favorite animated short was released.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Today I learned that health packs hacked by Sombra that get used give her ultimate charge.

Depending on the map it can be a pretty core part of her kit. If your teammates are smart enough to constantly grab health from hacked kits she gains ult charge faster than any other hero, you can have ult up virtually every fight.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    anyone tryna play some HotS? i need one more game for the event

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I just logged off but that mad fool pip might still be playing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Yesterday in a ~2800 match, on Payload attack, I told my team that the Payload is their healer after myself and the other healer got killed and one person (with 4 stars) was like "wait really? I didn't know that".

Sigh.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Yesterday in a ~2800 match, on Payload attack, I told my team that the Payload is their healer after myself and the other healer got killed and one person (with 4 stars) was like "wait really? I didn't know that".

Sigh.

Wish more people knew this when I'm playing lucio and bouncing around that thing, but noo other side of map calling for heals, instead of coming to the double heal over time spot.

• Options
    People would probably know it if they were on the payload more often.

This discussion has been closed.