As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i bound 'can't stop won't stop' and 'i could do this all day' to two of my mouse buttons to spam while i wallride so i think i'm officially a lucio main now

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    This Reinhardt's shield awareness is damn near arousing
    https://youtu.be/KXLQywg7FU0

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ok yeah I really need to stop playing arcade. It's significantly more stressful than quick play since you need to win to get those boxes.

Mystery heroes should be fun, instead I'm getting bitter that the other team rolled a bunch of tanks right when we were about to cap and stonewalled us.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I wish you could get boxes in quick play.

Also, I wish people cared a little about winning one quick play. I mean not in the extreme try hard sense, but it's still more fun if a team works, than if it's just a mess that doesn't work.

Of course sometimes, you have a working mess..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I feel like if I play Quick Play much more, the Too Many Snipers tag is going to burn into my TV screen.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I feel like if I play Quick Play much more, the Too Many Snipers tag is going to burn into my TV screen.

Yeah.. The quick play trifecta of genji, Hanzo and widow is fun

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I reject the idea that Quick Play isn't important to win in.

Because it actually counts toward your account's skill rating (not the seasonal stuff). And that matters to people who play competitive still.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I haven't played comp in awhile. I hit 2700 and dipped back down and just kinda settled around 2600. It wasn't super fun anymore.

I gave it another go today starting at 2600. Went back and forth between good games and shit games. Then I found a nice group of people all solo queuing that wanted to group up afterwards. 4 clicked the button and i wasn't going to but at the last second decided to go ahead. 5 stacks never really worked out for me so I figured I'd just leave after the first loss we had. Well we didn't lose right away. In fact, we didn't lose at all. And, well...
    W7ii99W.jpg

SirToasty on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Because it actually counts toward your account's skill rating (not the seasonal stuff). And that matters to people who play competitive still.

Quick Play does not affect your SR at all.

The only thing that affects your SR is playing comp, or if you get over 3000 SR and then don't play, your rank will gradually decay down to 3000.

All Quick Play affects is your MMR (which is affected by all modes including comp), but the only thing that MMR affects in comp, is your very first set of placements. After that, all the matchmaking in comp is done by the game trying to create teams with similar average SR ratings (though decayed accounts will actually still be counted as their pre-decay SR during comp matchmaking).

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

The only thing that affects your SR is playing comp, or if you get over 3000 SR and then don't play, your rank will gradually decay down to 3000.

All Quick Play affects is your MMR (which is affected by all modes including comp), but the only thing that MMR affects in comp, is your very first set of placements. After that, all the matchmaking in comp is done by the game trying to create teams with similar average SR ratings (though decayed accounts will actually still be counted as their pre-decay SR during comp matchmaking).
    Yes, thank you for explaining what I said to me.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Like you said, MMR is part of what determines who you're up against during placements for Competitive matches, which means it's still relevant for people who play Competitive.

When Henroid said "account's skill rating" they very obviously meant MMR.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Lot's of good times tonight. Here's a preview!

https://youtu.be/YnQVoKJDZNw

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    It isn't a proper Nepal match if there aren't any boops.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'll try to get my view of those boops up tomorrow. Good times.

• Options
    What program do you guys use to record shit? Maybe I should start contributing footage.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Like you said, MMR is part of what determines who you're up against during placements for Competitive matches, which means it's still relevant for people who play Competitive.

When Henroid said "account's skill rating" they very obviously meant MMR.

That being said, while it does matter to some degree, it's obviously not nearly as important once you've done your matches. And for people who really care about competitive, they probably spend most of their time in that mode and reach their natural spot pretty quickly either way.

Like yeah when I play QP I want to win, but I wouldn't say it's important to me, per se.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Some good times from the last couple nights, including good team holds on Eichenwald and Volskaya.

https://youtu.be/mZN9Ogu8iz0

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well, I think I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Junkrat. Two PotG this morning, one round I got 25 eliminations.

He is a good trash boy.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Aaaalllllright!

Someone else got PotG. During their PotG, I kill 4 guys with Dva's detonate. They kill one person. Lawl.

Everyone in the match was just going 'What the"

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Fun trick I learned this morning! I got hooked by a Roadhog, so I popped a concussion mine on his face, hit the red button and flew away to safety launching frags back at the other team.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Aaaalllllright!

Someone else got PotG. During their PotG, I kill 4 guys with Dva's detonate. They kill one person. Lawl.

Could've been the value of the kill. What were the exact circumstances?

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Aaaalllllright!

In today's episode of Play of the Game forensics...

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Aaaalllllright!

All the kills were on the point. I died during the detonation, the junkrat that got the potg was able to then get on point and kill the last person there.

Im not mad about it or anything! I think it was just funny. I know PotG is going to goof occasionally as its an algorithm picking the most important play in the match.

• Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Fun trick I learned this morning! I got hooked by a Roadhog, so I popped a concussion mine on his face, hit the red button and flew away to safety launching frags back at the other team.

Sadly this trick only works on bad roadhogs ( or hog's that forgot to reload first) heh. ( Still nice when it does work tho), Good Roadhog's will have you deleted before your red button can be pressed

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Ah yes the Roadhog mark of shame.

* hooks hard to hit character *
    * reloads *

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »

Ah yes the Roadhog mark of shame.

* hooks hard to hit character *
    * reloads *

I once hooked a pharah when I was out of ammo but it was on purpose because she was low enough for me to melee kill her : ^ )

• Options
    Aw man, I thought I was super cool!

• Options

Oh, when you did it tho Tonkka? it was a pedigree of skill, patience, and time spent, a masterclass in moves no one else could have done, I'm just saying when OTHERS do that.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Winstreaks though. Gained 132 SR for the last Erin of the day putting me at 3462. Lost the next two and ended at 3403. Just the other day I was thinking trying to push to Diamond was fruitless but now I feel obligated to go for Master before the season is over.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    So with the change to Mercy's Rez I've been doing a fun new thing with single rezzes. I've always been a proponent of situational awareness rezzing (like if that Rein has been doing awesome and he goes down get him up quick so you don't loose the groove) but lately I've found a lot of utility in that couple seconds of invulnerability. Specifically I've denied ulting Soldier's and Genji's the chance to kill me by single rezzing someone and using that invuln time to either escape or to give my team time to kill them while they're fruitless wailing on me. It's felt good every time.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options

Oh, when you did it tho Tonkka? it was a pedigree of skill, patience, and time spent, a masterclass in moves no one else could have done, I'm just saying when OTHERS do that.

I knew I was super cool!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Highlight of the weekend was our Reinhardt being dope af:

https://youtu.be/1JtrQuBAk4s

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Baidol wrote: »
    Some good times from the last couple nights, including good team holds on Eichenwald and Volskaya.

https://youtu.be/mZN9Ogu8iz0

ayyyyy I'm in this one

e: that part at the beginning when you were like "you're still alive?!?"

dude

you have no idea

Shorty on
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    I wish you could get boxes in quick play.

Also, I wish people cared a little about winning one quick play. I mean not in the extreme try hard sense, but it's still more fun if a team works, than if it's just a mess that doesn't work.

Of course sometimes, you have a working mess..

A working team would be nice in quick play but I keep getting put in teams where most if not all the other players insta-pick dps. Then I have one of the moments where I ask myself "Do I want to tank for this or do I want to slam my head against a wall for 10-15 minutes?"

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Just got my SR up over 2300 on a pretty fun King's Row match as Mercy. We made it to within 2 meters of a full cap and then held the enemy team from capping point two with me as solo healer, felt good. Here's one of those rare non-Rez Mercy highlights!

https://youtu.be/Ti5jDWS3Fx0

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    finished off the 5 hots games today in prep for tomorrow's lootboxes. they need to stop with this wow nonsense and make a warcraft game starring brightwing

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in doing comp around 1700 rating tonight?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hopped into heroes of the storm tonight to try to at least get the five matches done for d.va and everyone....wanted to do play vs. ai which is no good

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Anyone interested in doing comp around 1700 rating tonight?

i might be around in like 2 hours, what's yer battletag

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    klineshrike#1833

This discussion has been closed.