Options

[NBA] LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    big photo

That's also hot true since they beat hime before with less. Plus it severely undervalued Kyrie, and Love.

Magell on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Former Los Angeles Lakers player and ex-New York Knicks head coach Derek Fisher was arrested Sunday on suspicion of drunken driving after he flipped his vehicle on a California highway, authorities said.

Neither Fisher nor his passenger, former "Basketball Wives" reality star Gloria Govan, were injured in the crash early Sunday, the California Highway Patrol said.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    (That's Matt Barnes ex-wife, fyi)

• Options
    Kerr is back for game 2

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Kerr is back for game 2

Oh thank god, the warriors were in such trouble without him

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wasn't posting the picture as a serious discussion point! Anyway, I removed it because it was huge.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Good start so far tonight. Some sloppy passes from the Cavs though

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    LeBron can layup with a full size NBA center hanging on his back like a monkey

wtf was that foul other than a flagrant

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Refs calling fouls on players based on reactions rather than actual content is one of the worst flaws of the game.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Refs calling fouls on players based on reactions rather than actual content is one of the worst flaws of the game.

so LeBron should have flopped :rotate:

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I don't care about the finals but man the Dark Tower trailers they keep showing during breaks look sooooo bad.

• Options
    Curry just shook LeBron pretty badly

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea that was a brutal breakdown of Lebron

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Officiating this game is positively confounding

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LeBron looked 32 right there

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    LeBron looked 32 right there

Being forced to defend all of the best players on the best team in 2 decades will wear anyone down.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Kevin Durant is pretty good at basketball

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Oh my...

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Turns out a 73 win team turning 2-3 rotation players into a second MVP was indeed unstoppable. I guess we shouldn't be shocked.

This just makes me more grateful for last season.

Butters on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Paul Pierce is drinking the "Truth Juice"

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    LeBron is having a stupid game numbers wise and the Cavs are still getting straight rolled. I don't think anybody but him can really hang in this series, and the Cavs D doesn't have that extra gear.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Only thing left to wonder about is whether or not Ayesha Curry will call the league rigged this season.

Bron is putting in a superhuman effort, but this is a lot.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Honestly, the team with the best chance of beating this Warriors team was San Antonio. They played monster defense and Leonard had as good a claim as anyone to the MVP trophy this year. But once both he and Tony Parker were gone for the playoffs, that series became a foregone conclusion.

I don't think the Cavs are nearly as good as they were last year, but that was to be expected - I'm not shocked some of the players from last year's team cashed in on that championship. This year's Cavs feel like they have way more dead weight, and considering that last year's team needed an otherworldly performance from Lebron to coincide with Steph's injury and an ill-timed Draymond suspension to win in 7 (not to mention how the Warriors were bound to respond psychologically), it's not surprising that the results have looked like this so far.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Last year's championship was an absolute war of a series and the Dubs arguably had an advantage even with Curry not at 100%. The Cavs worked a miracle to get that win.

Between then and now, the Warriors added Kevin Durant and the Cavs added the corpses of Kyle Korver and Deron Williams, plus put one extra year on their other aging vets.

The Warriors are going to win, and there is absolutely zero negative reflection on LeBron because of it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The Cavs have all the same strengths as last year's squad and might actually be a little deeper this year. They never were super strong defensively and the addition of KD allows the Warriors to maintain a pace the Cavs can't for more than two quarters.

The Warriors replaced Andrew Bogut with a player that's every bit as good of rebounder but also averages 30 points a game.

• Options
    Right, I never meant to say the Cavs got worse. They stayed stagnant at worst, got a tiny bit better at best.

But the Warriors took a leap.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It would be like if The Jazz suddenly added Hakeem Olajuwon back in the day.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    It would be like if The Jazz suddenly added Hakeem Olajuwon back in the day.

Or if the current Cavs traded Richard Jefferson and Iman Shumpert and signed Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard.

Sounds absurd but that is essentially on the same
    level as what the Warriors were able to do.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    At this point, I'd be a little disappointed if GS didn't pull off the full postseason sweep

• Options
    I like using the older example because people love to use LeBron's losing in the finals as an example of why Jordan was better.

• Options
    I would wait til game 4 is over before I call this

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I like using the older example because people love to use LeBron's losing in the finals as an example of why Jordan was better.

As a lifelong Cleveland fan (I'm psyched about going to see the Indians play interleague on Wednesday! The one downside of living in an NL city) I really don't think the Cavs can win this. And I don't think it should reflect poorly on LeBron and his career if they get swept.

GS are just too good. KD is arguably as talented as LeBron is. It'll take the Warriors having a serious setback (injury, early foul trouble, freakishly bad performance from 2 of their 4 all star players) to have a shot at winning a game

Everyone saw this series coming and the only people who wanted it to happen were Golden State fans

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    The bonkers thing to me is really how well Durant fits in. He gives them one of maybe 3-5 truly elite iso scorers in the league right now who is still an excellent passer and just as good playing team ball as hero ball. He also doesn't have to do quite as much offensive lifting and doesn't have to play 40+ minutes every night in order to win which frees him up to play with great intensity on the defensive end for the first time ever as a fast & athletic 7 footer at the SF spot. (Not that Durant wasn't a good defender before, but playing 40+ and being the head of the offense makes it a lot harder to play top d every possession like he can now)

They've freed him up to be the absolute best version of KD he can be and it's pretty dang terrifying. The way he fits in so perfectly for their needs it feels more like they won 73 games and then got their best player back for this year. Frickin bananas.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I'd like to see Klay go white hot at least one game these playoffs, it is incredible when he does.

• Options
    I'd like to see The Cavs win some games so we can actually have entertaining basketball to watch.

• Options
    I fully predict homecooking the next 2 games

and then they let them play the last 3 games

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    If durant doesn't hurt his knee and miss 19 games does the golden state warrior death star become operational that much sooner and no one expects the cavs to win at all?

I mean they still put up 67 wins, if he plays the whole season do they get close to 73 again?

I feel like the lapse when he went down kind of led everyone to take their eye of them a tad, with a host of "are they as good without him" and "will he be back in time for the playoffs" takes. Rather than historically great team continues to be historically great and oh hey still historically great oh hey roflstomping the playoffs as well.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Kelor wrote: »
    I'd like to see Klay go white hot at least one game these playoffs, it is incredible when he does.

I'd rather him keep spending his energy doing what he's doing, and keeping Kyrie in the toilet.

He won't get any stars for it in the media, but he's been every bit as valuable as Durant and Curry this series by playing some of the best defense I've ever seen him play.

Maximum on
This discussion has been closed.