Options

[NBA] LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Javale gonna get paid.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    2 straight no calls in favor of the Dubs right as I turned the game on.

Goose! on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Insane shot from Kyrie

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Durant is going for a triple double

• Options
    Some next level defense by JR there.

• Options
    this clip of JR looking at Durant drive as he runs away from him has killed me

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    this clip of JR looking at Durant drive as he runs away from him has killed me

raising his hand on that offensive foul is the most JR thing

"yeah my b"

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    welp

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Perhaps Cleveland should try putting the ball in the basket this half

• Options
    16 to 3 on turnovers

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    This got out of hand quickly.

• Options
    Game 2 though!

• Options
    Shumpert not going to let a silly thing like never making a shot stop him from throwing up every shot he possibly can

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I think half the problems was expectations.

The media had basically had nothing to do for a week, so many of them decided that if Lebron could beat this stacked Warriors team then he would either be beside Jordan or next to him.

Then they had the rest of the week to convince themselves that Lebron had a 50//50 chance to beat this same team that they said was so incredibly stacked.

If they are that incredible, it will take an incredible performance by him and his team to beat the Warriors.

If they aren't, then it doesn't get the same kind of clicks.

This is still the first game, so reactions are premature either way.

IIRC the Warriors won big the first two games last year?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Zaza is a starter and I don't expect Korver to average 5 minutes a game this series at this rate

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    It's game one.

I think last year taught me not to get excited before it's all over.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    I think half the problems was expectations.

The media had basically had nothing to do for a week, so many of them decided that if Lebron could beat this stacked Warriors team then he would either be beside Jordan or next to him.

Then they had the rest of the week to convince themselves that Lebron had a 50//50 chance to beat this same team that they said was so incredibly stacked.

If they are that incredible, it will take an incredible performance by him and his team to beat the Warriors.

If they aren't, then it doesn't get the same kind of clicks.

This is still the first game, so reactions are premature either way.

IIRC the Warriors won big the first two games last year?

I mean, the best regular season team in nba history should have won back to back titles but they lost a 3-1 lead to one of the two best players in nba history.

Then they went out and added the second best player in the nba, while the cavs added....kyle korver? The ghost of deron williams?

Golden state SHOULD run away with this. The only reason the sports media has written anything else is

1)click bait
    2)don't want to be all rams will beat patriots/ patriots will beat giants/ golden state will finish Cleveland after being up 3-1
    3)you never know until they play the game.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Honestly I'm kind of annoyed that everyone has built this up as if LeBron has to win this season or he's failed in some way.

The Warriors SHOULD win this. If they do, LeBron has not let anyone down in any meaningful way except for those who had weird expectations or an agenda.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    GS sweep?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Honestly I'm kind of annoyed that everyone has built this up as if LeBron has to win this season or he's failed in some way.

The Warriors SHOULD win this. If they do, LeBron has not let anyone down in any meaningful way except for those who had weird expectations or an agenda.

I pretty much agree with both you and Pallaeon, the general thrust of my post was more that some of the comments and backlash that are cropping up are due to a whole lot of sports writers that had a week of empty space to fill leading up to the finals and set this ridiculous narrative going in the first place.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm half convinced that the people pushing that narrative are just Jordan apologists looking for a "reason" to declare LeBron a failure.

"But he's the best player so his team should be the favorite all the time no matter what" is something I've been hearing a lot recently and I'm like that's not at all how sports works

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    People just view Jordan as the best and don't want that to ever change. They also get this idea that all those Bulls teams were Michael and a bunch of random bums instead of accepting that he had a good team around him that was just as important for winning those titles.

Also I don't think the average person really gets how absurd adding Durant to the team they already had really is. They broke the damn record for wins last year and added an MVP player in the prime of his career that proceed to make a huge defensive jump from day one. They're probably the best team ever. Shit is absolutely insane.

• Options
    The result makes a lot of sense as the Cavs defense gave up a lot of open shots to the Celtics, but they missed those shots. The Warriors are making those shots. Plus the Warriors are better on defense. Curry can stay in front of LeBron and make him take a sub optimal shot. And that's the worst mismatch the Warriors could have.

• Options
    The Cavs also had a ton of turnovers and pretty much everyone not named Lebron James had a bad game. They also didn't seem to have much of a plan for Durant. Hopefully game 2 they can straighten that stuff out.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    The Cavs also had a ton of turnovers and pretty much everyone not named Lebron James had a bad game. They also didn't seem to have much of a plan for Durant. Hopefully game 2 they can straighten that stuff out.

On the eye test Kyrie looked okay, but I didn't look at his stats yet.

• Options

Kyrie had 24, so not too bad

• Options

On 22 field goal attempts. Only 2 assists, 4 turnovers.

Beyond a brief spurt in the first half, he did not have a good game.

And I don't know what Cleveland does next year, but man oh man do they need a backup point guard. Watching Deron Williams play 20 minutes in a Finals game was not pretty.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

And I don't know what Cleveland does next year, but man oh man do they need a backup point guard. Watching Deron Williams play 20 minutes in a Finals game was not pretty.

They also need defense badly. They are missing Delavadova.

• Options
    I don't fault the guy for going and getting paid, but Tenacious D always did a pretty good job guarding Curry.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    if there's anything i get a kick out of (heh), it's pro players from other sports throwing shade

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    I don't fault the guy for going and getting paid, but Tenacious D always did a pretty good job guarding Curry.

A pretty good job for that one game a few years ago.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn, that's unfortunate. Reminds me of when Mourning had the kidney issue but at least he was able to play again.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2017
    Big picture.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that picture is over a meg and it's also kind of stupid!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it lists them all separately as if those are different people.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

They've got a lot of dead weight on their roster and two or three players that may be competent but can't play much against the Warriors. I feel like if Durant takes a significant discount LeBron will have to do the same. This payroll can't compete with the Warriors'

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.