As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Gritty [NHL] Thread - The Blues Kinda Forgot They Were Dead Last in January...

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Wow I don't know if I'd have blown the play dead there.
    Neither guy was bleeding all over or in extreme danger that I saw.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Woah... that was a bit ballsy to toss it all the way down, but nicely done

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    feels like teams are much more confident in their faceoffs now so why not shoot for it.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    feels like teams are much more confident in their faceoffs now so why not shoot for it.

And with a 2 goal lead it's not as much of a risk.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I'm not much of a hockey fan, but it is impossible for me to tell you how excited this town is about just the chance to be here. People are going insane for this shit.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Nashville had a shit ton of legit breakaways and odd man rushes

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Nashville had a shit ton of legit breakaways and odd man rushes

Matt Cullen played more minutes than Malkin and Ron Hainsey, easily our worst defense man, played 21 and a half minutes, the second most on the team.

Sullivan might be a good systems coach, but he is trying to work the match ups too much in these away games.

And his infatuation with Hainsey is....hard to understand

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if I posted it before the series started, but Rinne was something like 0-4-1 in Pittsburgh with an .880sv

And now in three games in these playoffs he is, approximately, .880sv% in Pittsburgh and .920 or something g in Nashville

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Wow... Crosby's a dick

Holding? HA! Wow... wtf, man

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    idk if Rinne is gonna get up to .880 this game

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i am really tired of this whole "home team wins in blowout" thing that has been like 80% of games this playoffs

it's really fkin boring to watch

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i mean maybe the preds come back and make a game of it but

• Options
    ugh... well this is getting out of hand.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i am really tired of this whole "home team wins in blowout" thing that has been like 80% of games this playoffs

It'd be sort of weird if that's how the finals ended.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    I think I'm done watching this game now

• Options
    So, I still don't think Ron hainsey should be in the game.

But, he did just break four ankles and then score a goal

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Yeah

I mean

The penguins don't win cups on home ice

So

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Yeah

I mean

So
    Don't tease us like that... A weasel wouldn't like it, and teasing isn't nice.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Yeah

I mean

So
    Don't tease us like that... A weasel wouldn't like it, and teasing isn't nice.

psssst

pens in 6

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I remember in 2009 when the Red Wings were trying to repeat and ended up breaking a 2-2 series tie by blowing out game 5 after being up 2-0.......

• Options
    as much as i hate them, the pens might be too good to yield to the wishes of the NHL script writers

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    These finals have been crazy. Every game it feels like it's over, but I've been watching hockey long enough to know... last few games are going to be good.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Pens have won every other series this playoffs in 7, so I'm predicting 7 again.

Also I love that Nashville is a hockey town, but I've hated the, "it's all your fault" taunt all postseason.

• Options
    I'm sure they do it other places too, but

Nashville is the exact same as going to a U of M game at Yost

Literally every crowd taunt is the same.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I'm so ready for my fantasy football draft

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    (Press had like a dozen OH WE'RE LOSING BIG LETS SEND A MESSAGE big check whiffs last night)

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    (Press had like a dozen OH WE'RE LOSING BIG LETS SEND A MESSAGE big check whiffs last night)
    Oh, the Preds. I had to read that 5 or 6 times to figure out what was going on. Initially, I thought "Holy shit, was last night's 3rd period so boring that the press started checking each other?" I'm blaming lack of caffeine, lol.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    I remember in 2009 when the Red Wings were trying to repeat and ended up breaking a 2-2 series tie by blowing out game 5 after being up 2-0.......
    The one time I was actually ok with the possibility of a Red Wings win. That's right. It's my fault.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Seeing lots of replays of Sidney punching Subang on the ground, and hearing his explanation is bullshit. Almost as bad as the both getting a holding.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Reminds me of a few years ago during a Penguins/Flyers series. There was a bit of a scrum and Giroux was bending down to pick up one of his gloves and Sid skated by and swatted the glove away with his stick. When asked about it after the game all he could say was "I don't like him. I don't like any of those guys".

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Seeing lots of replays of Sidney punching Subang on the ground, and hearing his explanation is bullshit. Almost as bad as the both getting a holding.
    The best quote I've read about this: "carefully guided Subban’s head to the ice surface numerous times"

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    The best quote I've read about this: "carefully guided Subban’s head to the ice surface numerous times"

*cough*Shea Weber slams Zetterberg's head into the turnbuckle glass and didn't get suspended*cough*

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

*cough*Shea Weber slams carefully guides Zetterberg's head into the turnbuckle glass and didn't get suspended*cough*
    FTFY

• Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Reminds me of a few years ago during a Penguins/Flyers series. There was a bit of a scrum and Giroux was bending down to pick up one of his gloves and Sid skated by and swatted the glove away with his stick. When asked about it after the game all he could say was "I don't like him. I don't like any of those guys".

Yeah

Crosby is the best

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Or still the immature petulant douche he was when he came into the league. One of those.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    In other potential Crosby news, next game is the 87th game of the playoffs.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I'm sure his numerologist approves.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Let's hope Pierre doesn't find out about that. Listening to him is bad enough. Having him try to be cute while pining over Crosby is unbearable.

This discussion has been closed.