Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] Ya'll need to sign up for this tournament, though

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Holy shit so I had a CRAZY comeback on Towers of Doom today. Like, just, coming back from only 2 core health. Once again cementing why it's my favorite map in the game, because you can come back from ANYTHING.

But like, yknow, my teammates called "gg" like, super early on and all, so there was just no way we could've won right

DC3XTmyV0AAX00g.jpg

yo fuck outta here with that BULLSHIT, LOL

callin early gg in my game, pffffffff naww son

nawww

But just like, man. Enemy team drafted the most insanely aggressive Dive comp I've ever seen. Anub'arak, Malthael, Genji, Thrall, and Malf to top it off WHY THE HELL NOT

And our third pick is hovering Morales despite the fact that they already have Anub'arak/Malthael/Genji. And I say this to them! I'm like hey dude maybe not the best idea picking Morales into this! Nope, instalock.

anyway..........

So like yeah, we were behind for a good bit. I tell my team straight away, just play safe. Don't take fights pre-10 cause we're not gonna win em, just soak. I hear those lovely little death notifications popping off left and right and I HEAVILY SIGH as I go to lane as Varian (guhhh).

So team keeps dying off a bit, we're losing the Altars. We FINALLY hit 10 and I'm like, okay maybe we can make something work now?

Turns out, Artanis Swaps into Charge+Taunt (or vice-versa) is THE MOST BRUTAL PICK SETUP I'VE EVER SEEN. Like holy shit our Artanis was on point with those swaps!! Send em into our backline, I hold em in place with Taunt, Zeebs and Valla blow them up.

So we started getting a lot of picks, and winning teamfights, like, hard. We were still losing on objective, though. Eventually we're at 6 Core health and enemy team does Boss and we're knocked down to 2.

"gg" is called once more.

"no," I say, "it's not gg. we're still in this."

We get a very favorable teamfight on an Altar, I think killing 2-3 of them.

At this point I'm like "okay, grab Mercs, get those off the map." We get all the Mercs, eliminate all their immediate win conditions. Enemy team starts getting desperate and sloppy. We keep getting picks and keep staggering death timers.

Then there's an INSANE teamfight bottom in which somehow our godlike Artanis just keeps LIVING despite all odds (#justartanisthings) and he and Valla just mop up. Full teamwipe as they're the only two left standing. We get the Altar.

Arty and Valla start doing our Mercs, but our Morales is like "yo they on boss?" So we all start heading over there. Morales charges in just by herself, it's only Anub and Malthael doing it. She gets scouted, they dive her, but we come in and clean the fuck up. Cap Boss. Another win condition removed from the map. At this point, only 3 of them are up, all 5 of us are up, and there's one Altar up bottom. That's game, lads.

THAT WAS CRAZY THOUGH, goddamn. Hands were shaking, man.

But yknow, 6.5/10 no comeback mechanics, am I right??? :rotate:

(Also I took Vigilance that game over my normal pick of Glory to the Alliance since I noticed they were focusing me, A LOT. It paid off massively, Taunt was literally always up and I was able to get a ton of value from it.)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    vft55XM.jpg?1

saddest possible trombone

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    vft55XM.jpg?1

saddest possible trombone

Can confirm the tears. This happened immediately after he dodged my W as Uther. :P

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    @milk ducks you gonna post that video, mang? Do I make a cameo in it?!?!!? =D

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhio2BFBGsM&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    11:25 is the best part of that video.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    milk ducks you gonna post that video, mang? Do I make a cameo in it?!?!!? =D

dude i'll do you one better

i'm in this one for the whole video

:winky:

edit: o wait so are you tho............

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I do that shit at work, too. =D Someone will be giving a webex presentation and I'll just send them a random Skype message that pops up on their screen in front of everyone.

Best hits include:

"I heard what Tom said about you and I don't agree."
    "LOL that panda video was hilarious."
    "Ugh Dana is wearing those pants again."
    "Did you get that rash checked out?"

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    milk ducks wrote: »
    video

Taking the boss probably wasn't the best choice because our healer was out of mana and hp from the last fight and our team comp doesn't do boss fast either. When you have an advantage you'd always want to extend it as safe as possible, which usually translates to capturing merc camps on their side of the board or pushing down a lane/fort/keep. Its up to the team that has a disadvantage to take risks to try and come out ahead.

The mistake made was pushing down top lane as 4 and taking a lot of damage before valla rejoined the group. The fight itself (21:56) was no good as you can see that the positioning was all wrong. Anub and D.VA was north of the wave when Lili got caught out in the south. Tyreal had a clear path towards Lili uncontested while she moves East, completing the sandwich. After that, Tychus was free to deal % damage uncontested while Anub and D.VA uses CC to cover the escape for the rest of the team.

If we did anything but fight at the top lane and went afk instead, we would most likely still be ahead in xp, which gets us closer to level 20, which makes us more likely to win team fights.

Their mistake was not pressuring our team with the boss, staggered deaths and level 20 advantage, potentially ending the game right there but also to solo two shrines which gave us enough time to get to level 20. Then, they stayed too long after exhausting their ults and their Tyreal got poked to death. On the last fight, Samuro and Tyreal got caught out alone without the rest of the team and it was easy pickings.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    One note about my Nerubian Armor pick - there weren't any good choices on that tier against that comp. Percentage damage, as pointed out, is not mitigated by any armor whatsoever, and both Malthael and Tychus both do the bulk of their damage as percentage-based. Taking Regen Master doesn't do anything against either of them for the same reasons. Resilient Scarabs, as would beetle build in general, would be a trap pick against Malthael, who benefits from having as many targets around him as possible - especially stuff like minions and beetles and zombies.

The only pick left there was Nerubian Armor, which would at least have some sort of guaranteed value and had no potential downsides.

And to follow up on a couple of UrQuan's points: (1) I didn't think we could take boss as long as Tyrael was alive - as long as he has Holy Ground he can take the point, and we had no hard point control ourselves to prevent it outside of me landing chain stuns to stop him from hitting Q again. (2) Once we lost our early game lead, the late game was our win condition. Our level 20 was a much larger power spike than theirs. In particular, both Anub'arak and LiLi have game-changing Storm Talents. But Valla also gets Farflight Quiver, which into their comp is basically free kite damage forever and ever.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I got Malthael into Cho'gall.

At the end of the game I took them on solo and slaughtered them. Flat out just ran them down and murdered them 100-0.

butts
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Played some Stitches today limited success. Later I switched to Dehaka with @Invictus and @Kieri. We won all our games, although I admit having no idea what I'm doing with him. Fun feeling when you hit the tongue on Lucio and drag him into the team, only to have him, "Oh let's break it...*CLONG!* Uther stun.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    And to follow up on a couple of UrQuan's points: (1) I didn't think we could take boss as long as Tyrael was alive - as long as he has Holy Ground he can take the point

Yeah, you're right. This is actually what I meant to say during the commentary. I think I ended up saying that we were afraid Tyrael would come in with Sanctification, and I was kind of wondering why we thought that was such a problem. But yeah, I had meant to say Holy Ground, which I think is certainly a more legitimate concern at that stage. Also, I agree with pretty much all of @UrQuanLord88 's points.

• Options
    Hey btw do we like the talent breakdown / hero discussion at the start of the clip or not? I figured it was better than just cold opening into the replay footage, but I'm not 100% sold on it. Thoughts?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ugh. Horrible games this morning so far. Time to stop I think...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Ugh. Horrible games this morning so far. Time to stop I think...

I had a Morales finish a game we got to level 17 in with 15k heals. Almost all of those heals came from the bot when she disconnected for inactivity. Next game was on BoE and I just 1st picked Li Li out of frustration. Other team didn't take a single AAer, so I built full Serpents + cups and Shrink Ray for Sonya. 75k heals and a win. Sometimes you just gotta take matters into your own hands.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    NinetjerNinetjer Registered User new member
    edited June 2017
    @MNC Dover (thx for tip @kime - first post)
    I'm in for this weekend's Career Knight's Mutator Madness if there's still space.

Ninetjer #1970 - Ranked Plat last season
    (Assassin preferred / can fill in a mediocre capacity)

Ninetjer on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ninetjer wrote: »
    @MNC Dover
    I'm in for this weekend's Career Knight's Mutator Madness if there's still space.

Ninetjer #1970 - Ranked Plat last season
    (Assassin preferred / can fill in a mediocre capacity)

@MNC Dover

You gotta put quotes around it if it has a space.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Hey btw do we like the talent breakdown / hero discussion at the start of the clip or not? I figured it was better than just cold opening into the replay footage, but I'm not 100% sold on it. Thoughts?

Oh hey @milk ducks so I've really been liking these analytical videos you've been doing. I do have one piece of advice though, maybe try and focus the camera on other areas when there's downtime on you specifically (like if you're dead, or just clearing lanes, or you backed or something). Just makes things a bit more interesting for the viewer :P

But otherwise they've been great. Really liking the thought process and such. Definitely liking the talent breakdown/discussion as well. Maybe try explaining a bit on why the talents that you didn't choose still have merit though, if they do have merit. I know you've kinda been doing that already, but in the Malthael vid for example you sort of outright dismiss the Q build? And I know you were focusing on the Trait build for that video, and that's cool, right. But I think his Q build is actually pretty decent on some maps, like when you're dueling for objective control (apparently it's actually really good on Sky Temple and Warhead Junction?). You don't have to go like super in depth with the Q build, but briefly touching on why it could be good might not hurt.

Keep it up though! Definitely good stuff.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yeah something I've noticed is that you say "uh" a lot, which is a very common thing for new speakers. One trick which has helped me overcome this issue is understanding the dynamic at play.

In normal conversations, filling dead space is an important marker because it indicates to people that you intend to continue speaking. But in a public speaking setting it's perfectly fine (if not preferable) to just not say anything and have a few seconds of silence. People are there to listen to you, so you don't need to constantly reinforce the idea that you have something to say.

So if you're thinking, you can just think! You don't have to say anything at all! It actually makes you look smarter when you don't say anything, because people people assume you're thinking deep thoughts instead of desperately searching for something to say.

• Options
    I'd like to see @milk ducks make a "nuance" video. That would be a video that highlights the little things you high level players do that might not be so obvious to us plebs. Something like:
    • "Right here I move towards the center because the clock is at 3:15 meaning the objective will be up in 10 seconds."
    • "The team swings here to grab these mercs since the objective is up."
    • "Here I look like I'm just clearing the wave, but am looking at the minimap and counting enemy heroes."
    • "I knew I could take this camp because I saw Dehaka come out of the bush at bot lane meaning I was safe at top."

:)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'd like to see @milk ducks make a "nuance" video. That would be a video that highlights the little things you high level players do that might not be so obvious to us plebs. Something like:
    • "Right here I move towards the center because the clock is at 3:15 meaning the objective will be up in 10 seconds."
    • "The team swings here to grab these mercs since the objective is up."
    • "Here I look like I'm just clearing the wave, but am looking at the minimap and counting enemy heroes."
    • "I knew I could take this camp because I saw Dehaka come out of the bush at bot lane meaning I was safe at top."

:)

Those kinds of things are really only possible while streaming since its hard to remember what you were thinking at any given point in a game that took place 30min or more ago.

Which again, he should just stream and commentate while playing.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Fan is really good at thinking out loud while playing, and you have the added benefit of seeing just how often he clicks on the minimap to see what is going on elsewhere. You can check out some of his VODs and just skip through the dead queue times straight to the games.

• Options
    I just noticed that the out-of-game background music is the Hearthstone music... Is that new?

• Options
    I just noticed that the out-of-game background music is the Hearthstone music... Is that new?

It rotates through a few tracks. I've never really been able to figure out what causes it to change though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Knight_ wrote: »

It rotates through a few tracks. I've never really been able to figure out what causes it to change though.

Maybe it means Anduinn Wrynn is next? He's the only one of the OG 9 that we're missing. And we do need more supports. Multiclass like his papa maybe?

EDIT: also missing Garrosh I guess.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular

Pretty much sums up his appeal.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »

Pretty much sums up his appeal.

I WILL CRUSH YOU

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Garrosh better have a Seasoned Marksman-esque talent called SMOrc.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Garrosh better have a Seasoned Marksman-esque talent called SMOrc.

Level 20 Talent- If The Face Plays Taunt, Me Still Go Face: Everytime Garrosh does damage, deal damage to the enemy Core as well.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the fact that no one has any memes to make about wallet warrior truly means that an era has ended

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Garrosh is a golden opportunity to make another character as aggressively assholish towards their own team as Alarak.

Also, teach me rehgar. I know he is supposed to be great, but I heal less, cc less and do less damage and die more than when I play auriel or uther. His kit just screams melee, but whenever I enter melee I get gibbed, and when I don't I use a terrible heal every 8 sec and have no impact.

• Options
    he is worse than auriel and uther in basically all ways, so that's not shocking.

the key to rehgar is landing your ancestrals, and don't die biting butts. he's still decent, but the other two are just better. blizzard has a lot of work to do on supports.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Also, teach me rehgar. I know he is supposed to be great, but I heal less, cc less and do less damage and die more than when I play auriel or uther. His kit just screams melee, but whenever I enter melee I get gibbed, and when I don't I use a terrible heal every 8 sec and have no impact.

i don't think anyone thinks he is great at the moment. you definitely need to play as an opportunist. he doesn't really have the aggro kit anymore. i tend to build into chain heal when possible as i generally have mana problems on him.

i usually take:

lightning bond
    spiritwalker's grace
    cleanse
    ancestral
    earth shield
    earthgrasp
    storm shield

at 13 you could make an argument for earthliving if your team is squishy as earth shield may not provide enough of a shield. i havent done the math, earth shield just gives you another "healing" button

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    He's a little better at mercing then auriel/uther, instant mount can help in low tier pub games but loses value in coordinated play I'd guess

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    For Rehgar I go

1: Lightning Bond
    4: Feral Heart (Healing Totem if I'm solo heals, depending on comps)
    7: Blood and Thunder
    10: Comp dependent, both are good
    13: Earthliving Shield (the bonus is great for saving people, and I use Lightning aggressively, if I have a shield on it, it's more of a reactive talent)
    16: Hunger of the Wolf
    20: Storm Shield

Rehgar is one of the best mercers in the game. You can take the 3-person explodey guy camps at level 1. Giants at 4. Knights at 7. Just drop an Earth Totem, lightning bond it, and go to town. Always hit your mount button on CD, get that big damage boost going.

In teamfights, you want to be going in and out of the frontline. Wolf bite someone, back off, throw some heals, use abilities, whatever, then wolf out and do it again every 3ish seconds. You'll rack up a fair bit of passive damage off having lightning on you and your frontliners, and you'll do quite a bit of damage with the wolf bites, especially after 16.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    He's a little better at mercing then auriel/uther, instant mount can help in low tier pub games but loses value in coordinated play I'd guess

I play at super potato tier, I really don't get this game. But it feels like they always save stuns or slows for me while enemy healers get to waltz around for free! Certainly no confirmation bias at all going on here.

@WingedWeasel I am pretty comfortable with Rehgars talents, they flow decently well once I accepted that ghost wolf regen is actually good, and solved a lot of my midgame issues of being permanently oom. I am more struggling with how to actually play him effectively, although I guess that comes down to playing him more to know when you can go in, and when you need to play evasive and just drop heals/shield and totem at the right moment. He just feels so damn anemic as a pure healer that I really want those ghost wolf punches to add something else to fights.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »

I play at super potato tier, I really don't get this game. But it feels like they always save stuns or slows for me while enemy healers get to waltz around for free! Certainly no confirmation bias at all going on here.

@WingedWeasel I am pretty comfortable with Rehgars talents, they flow decently well once I accepted that ghost wolf regen is actually good, and solved a lot of my midgame issues of being permanently oom. I am more struggling with how to actually play him effectively, although I guess that comes down to playing him more to know when you can go in, and when you need to play evasive and just drop heals/shield and totem at the right moment. He just feels so damn anemic as a pure healer that I really want those ghost wolf punches to add something else to fights.

you can try to secure things but he can't really get into the thick of things

• Options
    Here's my Garrosh idea (spoilered for really long read):
    Garrosh
    Warrior/Bruiser
    Melee Attacker

Abilities:
    • Q - Equip a Weapon (see below).
    • W - Throwing Axe: Throw an axe dealing 75 damage and 30% Slow for 3 seconds to the first enemy it hits. (12CD)
    • E - Armor Up: Gain 25 Physical Armor for 3 seconds. (15CD)
    • R - Equip Gorehowl: Equip Gorehowl which makes your next 2 Basic Attacks deal 400% bonus damage and in a large AOE in front of him (80CD)
    • R - Brawl: All nearby Heroes come together into a fight taking 80 damage a second for 4 secs. Then one hero is ejected at a time until all are out. (90CD)
    • D - Inner Rage: Quest: Every time you take damage from enemy Heroes, gain 1 Rage. Activate to spend all Rage to gain 1 Magic Armor for 3 seconds. Max Rage stored is 50. Reward: At 500 Rage collected, gain 500 max health.

Level 1 Talents:
    • Equip Arcanite Reaper (Q): Your next 3 Basic Attacks deal 200% bonus damage and deals damage to all enemies in a long line. (15CD)
    • Equip Death's Bite (Q): Your next 3 Basic Attacks deal 150% bonus damage and when used up deals small damage to all enemies around you. (15CD)
    • Equip Cursed Blade (Q): Your next 3 Basic Attacks deal 75% bonus damage and reduce enemy armor by 25 for 3 seconds. Your armor is reduced by 15 while this is equipped. (15CD)

Level 4 Talents:
    • Battle Rage (E): Armor Up grants 15% movement speed bonus while active
    • Commanding Shout (E): Armor Up grants nearby minions and mercs gain 50% damage bonus and can't be killed while active
    • Crush: Destroy a minion. It drops a Healing Orb. (45CD)

Level 7 Talents:
    • Upgrade! (Q): Your equipped weapon deals an extra 50% damage
    • Bouncing Blade (W): Your Throwing Axe hits all enemies
    • Execute: Deal 75 damage to an enemy. If it dies, refresh this cooldown. (15CD)

Level 10 Talents:
    • R - Equip Gorehowl: Equip Gorehowl which makes your next 2 Basic Attacks deal 400% bonus damage and in a large AOE in front of him (80CD)
    • R - Brawl: All nearby Heroes come together into a fight taking 80 damage a second for 4 secs. Then one hero is ejected at a time until all are out. (90CD)

Level 13 Talents:
    • Battle Rage: Activate to deal 10% of max HP to yourself to gain 100% bonus damage for 2 seconds (8CD)
    • Dual Wielding (W): Throwing Axe gains an additional charge and increases Slow by 20%.
    • Tank Up (E): Armor Up lasts for 3 extra seconds.

Level 16 Talents:
    • Charge (Q): Gain 10% move speed while you have a weapon equipped.
    • Rampage (D): Inner Rage lasts for 3 extra seconds.
    • Mortal Strike: Activate to deal 200 damage to the nearest enemy Hero. Deals double damage if you're below 25% health. (45CD)

Level 20 Talents:
    • Heroic Strike (R): Gorehowl gains 1 extra use and has the cooldown reduced by 20 seconds.
    • I Know A Guy (R): Friendly heroes always leave the Brawl first
    • Sleep With The Fishes (Q): Your equipped weapon automatically reequips. Does not work on Gorehowl.
    • Blood Warrior (D): Quest: Gain 2000 Rage. Reward: Gain 25 Magical Armor.

Probably too powerful or not unique enough to separate him from the rest of the Warriors in the game. Could definitely be a nightmare though in the right hands.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    i wonder whether they will give grommash or garrosh gorehowl

This discussion has been closed.