Options

only degs [chat]

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Huh, I was just thinking to myself in the car yesterday, "Are circuses still a thing? Do kids want to go to the circus in 2017?"

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/05/04/ringling-circus-shutting-down-orig-yp.cnn

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    i suspect the liberals are buying up guns now thing was probably a bit overstated

What are liberals buying then?

abortions mostly

You can get abortions on Amazon now in blue states. You press Buy Now, then a drone just flies up between your legs and THUNK out it comes and it flies off to sell the fetus for evil medical research

note: make sure to select the correct member of your household when ordering this service, Amazon is not responsible for abortions on the wrong individual, attempted abortions on those not pregnant, or testicular damage

can you order plan B off amazon?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i had to drop something off at a neighbor's house this morning and by coincidence I parked my car in the street right next to where two little kids were running and playing. as i walked up towards the house, passing by where the kids were, i heard a bit of panic in the mothers voice as she called her kids back to her. then she held her kids close and kept her suspicious gaze on me as I walked the whole way back to my car.

sigh

i was followed around by a woman (who i guess was trying to make sure i wasn't a kidnapper?) one time when taking my nephew on a walk outside a restaurant

lol that is extra...fearful? irrational? idk the word that describes this exactly

like, how did she even know that just wasn't your son?

i have no idea, tbh

she followed us out of the restaurant while we went to go look at all the cool plants and rocks (did you know that leaves can get SO BIG?)

but she kept her distance. we would round a corner and then a little while later she would appear at that same corner and just be sort of on her phone, or something. she was definitely creepin.

my sister in law was terrified because she immediately thought "what if this person wanted to take [him]?" to which i replied "i would have shot her."

god bless texas

with what?

a gun?

You're telling me that Obama didn't take your gun?

it's concealed he didn't find it

dude really needs to learn how to pat a person down

I am amused that not having a Democrat as president causes gun sales to decline dramatically because they no longer have a boogeyman to drum up fear.

Have they? Decent AR15s are sub 600 for the first time ever now

Isn't that because people aren't buying at the normal/high price?

Another factor is that every time an AWB was brought up in the news a new small business FFL was started up making AR15s because every time an AWB was mentioned in the news people who didn't have AR15s ran out and bought out entire stores worth. So there are a lot of smaller FFL manufacturers out there making essentially the same rifle of varying quality. The AR15 was at one time (prior to the 94 AWB) pretty rare. Now it's probably the most prolific autoloading rifle in the US.

Yea, basically for the first time in a decade even the NRA can't drum up any "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE YER GUNS" fervor so folks are wondering if they really need to hold on to these things.

Well it's not just the NRA fearmongering, there have been actual attempts to enact AWBs that ban a great swathe of popularly owned weapons that are essentially statistically insignificant when it comes to firearm crimes. Every year a new Federal AWB is proposed by Senator Feinstein and semi regularly state level AWBs are promoted even in very pro gun states (like here in Florida). Honestly the NRA really doesn't even spend that much money on lobbying compared to someone like Bloomberg ($5mil vs $50mil IIRC).

those bills are dead on arrival and everyone knows it.

Except for the politicians proposing and promoting them, Bloomberg spending $50 mil of his own money all over the US, and people who think this time it will succeed or overestimate how much support AWBs actually have.

ryzemqse7aog.jpg

Obama couldn't push forward even the barest bones background checks after someone shot up a fucking elementary school

These bills are dead on arrival. AWBs are going nowhere fast. Pretending they are is scaremongering at it's finest. It's cheap to lobby because the NRA has a built in audience that needs zero convincing.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    It's resistance training if I switch arms with every sip of this giant beer, right?

fww, king of the 12oz curls

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Good it's-still-technically-morning.

How's the doomsaying and despondent nihilism?

Narwhal is here!

So, unofficially, it's unwelcome in [chat]!

This is now a P O S I T I V I T Y Z O N E

Compliance is not optional! <3

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    My opinion has been that the US left should just give up on gun laws for like... a while.
    The reason it's always really stupidly targeted 'assault weapon' bans is that's all that could pass constitutional muster.

If we wanted to curtail gun deaths we need to ban pistols, and to ban pistols we need to amend the constitution, and that's not happening any time soon.

We should attack it from the other side and work on getting more people mental health services and getting more people out of poverty.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    i suspect the liberals are buying up guns now thing was probably a bit overstated

abortions mostly

You can get abortions on Amazon now in blue states. You press Buy Now, then a drone just flies up between your legs and THUNK out it comes and it flies off to sell the fetus for evil medical research

note: make sure to select the correct member of your household when ordering this service, Amazon is not responsible for abortions on the wrong individual, attempted abortions on those not pregnant, or testicular damage

yes 4.6 stars out of 5

• Options

abortions mostly

yes 4.6 stars out of 5

noice

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Narwhal is here!

Excellent!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am getting Wendy's today and no one can stop me

• Options
    i wonder what my local walgreens thinks given the number of times ive had to have them get the Plan B out from the locked case over the years

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    i had to drop something off at a neighbor's house this morning and by coincidence I parked my car in the street right next to where two little kids were running and playing. as i walked up towards the house, passing by where the kids were, i heard a bit of panic in the mothers voice as she called her kids back to her. then she held her kids close and kept her suspicious gaze on me as I walked the whole way back to my car.

sigh

i was followed around by a woman (who i guess was trying to make sure i wasn't a kidnapper?) one time when taking my nephew on a walk outside a restaurant

lol that is extra...fearful? irrational? idk the word that describes this exactly

i have no idea, tbh

she followed us out of the restaurant while we went to go look at all the cool plants and rocks (did you know that leaves can get SO BIG?)

but she kept her distance. we would round a corner and then a little while later she would appear at that same corner and just be sort of on her phone, or something. she was definitely creepin.

my sister in law was terrified because she immediately thought "what if this person wanted to take [him]?" to which i replied "i would have shot her."

god bless texas

with what?

a gun?

I am amused that not having a Democrat as president causes gun sales to decline dramatically because they no longer have a boogeyman to drum up fear.

Another factor is that every time an AWB was brought up in the news a new small business FFL was started up making AR15s because every time an AWB was mentioned in the news people who didn't have AR15s ran out and bought out entire stores worth. So there are a lot of smaller FFL manufacturers out there making essentially the same rifle of varying quality. The AR15 was at one time (prior to the 94 AWB) pretty rare. Now it's probably the most prolific autoloading rifle in the US.

Yea, basically for the first time in a decade even the NRA can't drum up any "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE YER GUNS" fervor so folks are wondering if they really need to hold on to these things.

Well it's not just the NRA fearmongering, there have been actual attempts to enact AWBs that ban a great swathe of popularly owned weapons that are essentially statistically insignificant when it comes to firearm crimes. Every year a new Federal AWB is proposed by Senator Feinstein and semi regularly state level AWBs are promoted even in very pro gun states (like here in Florida). Honestly the NRA really doesn't even spend that much money on lobbying compared to someone like Bloomberg ($5mil vs $50mil IIRC).

Except for the politicians proposing and promoting them, Bloomberg spending $50 mil of his own money all over the US, and people who think this time it will succeed or overestimate how much support AWBs actually have.

ryzemqse7aog.jpg

Obama couldn't push forward even the barest bones background checks after someone shot up a fucking elementary school

These bills are dead on arrival. AWBs are going nowhere fast. Pretending they are is scaremongering at it's finest. It's cheap to lobby because the NRA has a built in audience that needs zero convincing.

Like, NY of all states managed to pass one. It is effectively unenforced upstate. To the point that when it came time to register some long guns as required by the law several police departments were saying "Yeah, we don't do that." It was crazy.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    or we can just go back to everyone having to use blackpowder weapons.

One shot.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    desc wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    aren't most cases of sexual abuse/kidnapping not perpetuated by a stranger, but by a family member or close friend?

Yeah and why stranger danger in the 80's early 90's was a horrific failure. It taught kids to only be aware of people they didn't know who were statistically very low to be an offender.

Then again when its your kid who is one of those low percentage kidnap/sexual asssaults I'm sure it doesn't feel like you won the lottery.

I think the fucked up overprotective shell parents feel like they have to encase their children in is really harmful in a lot of ways though

a kid's natural state is to want to interact with strangers and I can't imagine it's good for kids to GET AWAY FROM HIM BILLY HE'S PROBABLY A PERVERT

I imagine it goes hand in hand with the general disintegration of local social bonds

If you don't know anyone at all in the local neighborhood and all your friends are the other members of Spicy Marxist Memes on Facebook or whatever, then there isn't even a baseline sense that some percentage of people around you would keep an eye on your kid, step in if something happened, etc

Plus everyone is convinced the world is somehow more dangerous than in some nebulous imagined past?

It seems like it all snowballs and the logical conclusion is an armored luxury SUV that drives itself to your kid's school and rams anyone out of the way to drive your kid back to your walled and surveiled condo enclave

desc is wise

Shaz how is ur voyage

desc on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod

e7e.png

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    My opinion has been that the US left should just give up on gun laws for like... a while.
    The reason it's always really stupidly targeted 'assault weapon' bans is that's all that could pass constitutional muster.

If we wanted to curtail gun deaths we need to ban pistols, and to ban pistols we need to amend the constitution, and that's not happening any time soon.

We should attack it from the other side and work on getting more people mental health services and getting more people out of poverty.

I don't even know many liberals that want weapon bans.

They all want better mental health and screenings instead. Just like.. skip the screening part for a few decades, let the GOP fuck themselves sideways, get mental health stuff added to the ACA and move in with single payer and then win the game.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    It's resistance training if I switch arms with every sip of this giant beer, right?

Doggy this is liter beer territory. Big leagues.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    i wonder what my local walgreens thinks given the number of times ive had to have them get the Plan B out from the locked case over the years

this guy fucks

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

ybb3dd1qygdj.jpg

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular

sigh

i have no idea, tbh

god bless texas

with what?

a gun?

ryzemqse7aog.jpg

Because NICS background checks already exist and are already mandatory for anyone in the business of selling firearms (FFL holder, if they don't hold an FFL and are in the business of selling firearms they are committing a crime) for every single purchase. Some states require that an additional state level background check is done.

"They" generally need zero convincing because most people are pro gun ownership, or at least not anti gun ownership. I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, I just felt that it was needed to point out that there are multiple factors involved that aren't just "the NRA".

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just love that literally any other problem in america you can legislate a fix when its proven its killing disproportionate amounts of people but guns are always too soon, we can't discuss this, its not the guns. Its infuriating after Sandy hook we did literally fucking nothing except pass bills to arm teachers like holy shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    American legislation towards guns is going to take a sudden, sharp turn as soon as 3D printed receivers become a genuine alternative.

We're not quite there yet, but we're dangerously close. There's already dudes selling shitty quality 3D printed receivers that aren't as good as a properly manufactured gun but are a lot better than a zip gun and are still a real gun.

The only difference is quality and reliability, they still shoot bullets.

That will change with refinement over time as 3D printing improves and gets cheaper

Once 3D printing receivers gets even close to par with manufactured receivers, suddenly the gun manufacturers that run the gun lobby see a threat to their profits. Suddenly, there needs to be an impetus for laws to exist to hamper the "danger" these 3D printed guns present, regardless of how real or not that danger is.

Gun laws in the US will change in the next 5-10 years, but it will be because the gun manufacturers are scared of losing money.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    this weekend sarah and I are going to go to 'tunes from the tombs' which is like, a music festival featuring a bunch of no name bands with beers/food trucks, held in a cemetary

I'm excite!

I knew as soon as you said the name that it would probably be in Oakland Cemetery. That place is a landmark and the bar across the street is a hip favorite of many. My ex loved that place.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Yeah we could get the common sense things going forward but it always degrades from one side or the other that kills progress.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

They all want better mental health and screenings instead. Just like.. skip the screening part for a few decades, let the GOP fuck themselves sideways, get mental health stuff added to the ACA and move in with single payer and then win the game.

I mean

I personally want a pistol ban

I am the spooky liberal that wants to take your guns away

I think the country would be better off for it.

But I also don't think it's politically feasible and there are better things to do with our political resources

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I had to rely on it ... three times, I think? I / we just had to ask the pharmacist, which made it feel more like a medical transaction at least :P

(We went together the first time, then she sent me alone the next two times because "it was technically my fault", which was a hard argument to rebuke)

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

e7e.png

We already have a perfectly hot Wendy's commercial girl

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Narwhal is here!

you are a rad dude gnars. keep on keeping on.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    on one hand , time has passed very quickly this morning
    on the other hand, I also want to strangle someone to death

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

Shark I don't know what I think about this knowledge tbh

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Give me like,

Wendy's commercial girl
    Old T mobile girl
    Verizon (?) girl

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

This is my experience for the most part as well. At least when the more left leaning that I talk to start to look into the politics of the issue a bit. But gun control, and specifically the AWB, seems like it's a plank of the Democratic party and has been since at least 94.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    This is a good chat page

• Options
    a
    Arch wrote: »

don't you judge me bug boy

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just love that literally any other problem in america you can legislate a fix when its proven its killing disproportionate amounts of people but guns are always too soon, we can't discuss this, its not the guns. Its infuriating after Sandy hook we did literally fucking nothing except pass bills to arm teachers like holy shit.

Lol

Sugar subsidies

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    There's something creepy about a person trying to look sexually attractive but missing obvious social cues about behavior and fashion.

It's probably some brain wiring that reads "sexually predacious" and "mental problem" at the same time and then just freaks out a little.

Also, if you're the kind that cares about that kind of thing, remember to be aware of how glasses make you look.

- Bigger, rounder frames make you look more expressive and younger
    - smaller, squarer frames make you look older and heavier
    - rectangular frames make you look bookish
    - these frames make you look like you have no idea how you look
    - frameless glasses make your head look bigger
    - heavy frames make your head look smaller

Atomika on
  • Options
    a
    Arch wrote: »

don't you judge me bug boy

I just thought you were Catholic

• Options
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    There was one dude in our dorm who had rich parents, hated condoms, and lacked any self control.

He once noted he had a plan B budget of $300/month

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Doggy this is liter beer territory. Big leagues.

Deadlift that beer

This discussion has been closed.