Options

[Western Animation] RIP Peter Sallis

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I would love a movie, the next summer or something, but the show had an excellent ending that I wouldn't want undone or haphazardly continued. Especially if it then got cancelled before another hypothetical ending

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    The Animaniacs will be getting a new season on Hulu. With Steven Spielberg producing. Oh and Pinky and the Brain with them.

You know, no big deal.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    The Animaniacs will be getting a new season on Hulu. With Steven Spielberg producing. Oh and Pinky and the Brain with them.

You know, no big deal.

Please do Freakazoid next.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    On top of that, all episodes of Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain and Tiny Toons are now up on Hulu. Also Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain. Wonder if that show had any unaired episodes -- that one got canned quick.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Frozen was awesome, but i felt like Olaf was half-baked as a character, which is wild given Disney's tradition of awesome mascot characters voiced by comedy legends, even the ones in movies they didn't belong in (like Jason Alexander voicing one of the Gargoyles in Hunchback). He should have been one of the best things about that movie, not one of the most forgettable.

There are chunks o frozen leftover from earlier revisions. Notably the trolls and Olaf.
    skeldare wrote: »

You know, no big deal.

Ive recently rewatched Freakazoid

It would need to be massively retooled because they had almost no idea what they were doing. Most of the show is actually pretty bad

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I never thought I'd see The Aamzing World of Gumball reference and parody The Golden Girls. Especially the way they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xYIHfEdyBs

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Gumball is such an underrated gem

• Options
    Teen Titans Go! To the Movies teaser of a teaser. But at least it's aware of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqYpN1oxmg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Actual trailer!

https://youtu.be/p4HrpCPquk4

"Because if Aquaman can get a movie, anyone can!"

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

You know, no big deal.

Please do Freakazoid instead.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    You shut your mouth, I'm all about the Animaniacs: The Next Generation train.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not really sure we want a modern day super hero with powers based on "the internet".

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not really sure we want a modern day super hero with powers based on "the internet".

Presumably it'd be Freakazoid rocking back and forth in the fetal position screaming "GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!" and sobbing hysterically for half an hour.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Actual trailer!

This is an extremely valid point.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Actual trailer!

This is an extremely valid point.

The derp smiles the team gives really sells it.

• Options

That premise doesn't last long. It's just an excuse to make him a Looney Toon in a realish setting(which they also abandon immediately)

The original pitch was actually more like the Creeper epsiode of Batman

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Oh come now, how could you turn down a modernized Freakazoid with new segments like "Pepe the Frog and Friends", "Flat Earther Facts", and "It Came From 4chan!!"

./world burning.gif

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Oh come now, how could you turn down a modernized Freakazoid with new segments like "Pepe the Frog and Friends", "Flat Earther Facts", and "It Came From 4chan!!"

./world burning.gif

So long as they bring back Candlejack, I'm willing to give some of it a pass.
    I really liked that guys segme...

• Options
    edited January 2018

That premise doesn't last long. It's just an excuse to make him a Looney Toon in a realish setting(which they also abandon immediately)

The original pitch was actually more like the Creeper epsiode of Batman

Well, they brought it back when they did his origin story at the end of the first season, which was great because that's when they started bringing in Craig Ferguson to yell at people.

https://youtu.be/TyK5E8JbaC0

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    They'd probably need to give Mike Allred and Madman some sort of credit this time around.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    I'm torn, a part of me finds these horribly cute, and the other is totally unsure.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrS6akzR3sk

Apparently they were made by a Joshua Slice, a animator for Pixar. He has two other shorts, on youtube, and another is coming.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    New Incredibles 2 details:
    WINSTON DEAVOR (voice of Bob Odenkirk) leads a world-class telecommunications company alongside his genius sister, Evelyn. Ultra-wealthy, savvy and suave, Winston goes big in everything he does—including his infatuation with Supers. He has been a supporter of Supers returning—all he needs is a hero (or three) to help him change public perception and bring them back into the sunlight.

EVELYN DEAVOR (voice of Catherine Keener), the brilliant brainchild behind her brother Winston’s telecommunications company, knows her way around tech. She loves tinkering with tech, and has never met a problem she can’t solve.

VOYD (voice of Sophia Bush) is a young, overeager “wannabe” Super and a mega-fan of Elastigirl. Her superpower is the ability to divert and manipulate objects around her by creating voids that allow the objects to appear and disappear, and shift in space.

The Supers find an advocate in a dignified foreign AMBASSADOR (voice of Isabella Rossellini) who is committed to the support and legalization of Superheroes.

Head over to Facebook for some clever Google Arts & Culture Match-style photos of the new and returning cast, which includes Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone and Brad Bird as Edna Mode.

Also looks like the head of Super Relocation Program, previously voiced by Bud Luckey, has been replaced by Jonathan Banks, which makes this a bit of a Better Call Saul Reunion.

Also also, if Evelyn Deavor isn't the villain, I'll eat my hat.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    WINSTON DEAVOR (voice of Bob Odenkirk) leads a world-class telecommunications company alongside his genius sister, Evelyn. Ultra-wealthy, savvy and suave, Winston goes big in everything he does—including his infatuation with Supers. He has been a supporter of Supers returning—all he needs is a hero (or three) to help him change public perception and bring them back into the sunlight.

EVELYN DEAVOR (voice of Catherine Keener), the brilliant brainchild behind her brother Winston’s telecommunications company, knows her way around tech. She loves tinkering with tech, and has never met a problem she can’t solve.

VOYD (voice of Sophia Bush) is a young, overeager “wannabe” Super and a mega-fan of Elastigirl. Her superpower is the ability to divert and manipulate objects around her by creating voids that allow the objects to appear and disappear, and shift in space.

The Supers find an advocate in a dignified foreign AMBASSADOR (voice of Isabella Rossellini) who is committed to the support and legalization of Superheroes.

Head over to Facebook for some clever Google Arts & Culture Match-style photos of the new and returning cast, which includes Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone and Brad Bird as Edna Mode.

Also looks like the head of Super Relocation Program, previously voiced by Bud Luckey, has been replaced by Jonathan Banks, which makes this a bit of a Better Call Saul Reunion.

Yeah, I'm betting the brother Winston is put forward earlier as having some shady plan, but is really just kind've mildly morally ambiguous and greedy at worse, while Evelyn is the real baddie with the real evil going on. Also Voyd is her manipulated pawn but turns good for the final battle.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    I'm just praying the incorporation and execution of the Big Idea is more Iron Giant/Incredibles 1 and less Tomorrowland. God, that flick was a cynical, Randian mess.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm just praying the incorporation and execution of the Big Idea is more Iron Giant/Incredibles 1 and less Tomorrowland. God, that flick was a cynical, Randian mess.

It hurt me in a way that made Incredibles 1 worse because of it's existence. Which is a bummer because it seemed like a fun cool movie with prominent female protagonists, its just fucking gross at it's core.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Evil endeavor. Little too on the nose.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Um Voyds power is a Stand.

Also given the focus on Jackjack Im wondering if he factors into this

King Riptor on
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Yeah, I'm betting the brother Winston is put forward earlier as having some shady plan, but is really just kind've mildly morally ambiguous and greedy at worse, while Evelyn is the real baddie with the real evil going on. Also Voyd is her manipulated pawn but turns good for the final battle.

I would be shocked if any of this is wrong. Pixar's dearth of originality in the past 5 years or so is depressing; Inside Out excepted.

• Options
    The latest Oscar nominations for animated film are:

Coco
    Ferdinand
    The Breadwinner
    Loving Vincent
    Goddamn Baby Trump

...meaning Lego Batman Movie got snubbed.

• Options

Coco
    Ferdinand
    The Breadwinner
    Loving Vincent
    Goddamn Baby Trump

Boss baby and Ferdinand are just embarrassing

• Options

Coco
    Ferdinand
    The Breadwinner
    Loving Vincent
    Goddamn Baby Trump

I was about to say "I mean this list is usually larded up with mediocre American crap as it is, but couldn't they have come up with anything better than Ferdinand and Boss Baby?" But then I looked at lists of animated films in 2017 and it turns out 2017 was fairly shitty for animated movies.

Lego Batman and Your Name are just about the only genuinely good movies that aren't on the list, and the academy has this weird hang-up about nominating Lego stuff.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Coco
    Ferdinand
    The Breadwinner
    Loving Vincent
    Goddamn Baby Trump

I was about to say "I mean this list is usually larded up with mediocre American crap as it is, but couldn't they have come up with anything better than Ferdinand and Boss Baby?" But then I looked at lists of animated films in 2017 and it turns out 2017 was fairly shitty for animated movies.

Lego Batman and Your Name are just about the only genuinely good movies that aren't on the list, and the academy has this weird hang-up about nominating Lego stuff.

I think technically Your Name was 2016, but it should be up there IMO.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Your name was jobbed because of technicalities. I think it wasn't in theaters long enough or something.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Your name was jobbed because of technicalities. I think it wasn't in theaters long enough or something.

Someone mentioned they tried to get it on the 2017 ballot and failed at that so it wasn't up for consideration in 2018 as a result.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Your Name should have been on the ballot to lose to Boss Baby like every other movie this year.

(Please God no)

• Options
    Well, thhhhpt.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Your Name should have been on the ballot to lose to Boss Baby like every other movie this year.

(Please God no)

It's been Disney or Pixar every year since Shrek in 2001. They own the category.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    From what I've heard, most of the judges don't even bother watching all of the animated movies, they just go Disney and call it a day.

• Options
    I mean it was always going to be Coco but at least they could have tried to make it a race.

• Options
    We all know Coco's going to win.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.