Options

[Western Animation] RIP Peter Sallis

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Here's another vid of the new anime batman.
    From the subs, people are parsing that Joker might have gone back in time and replaced Oda Nobunaga and Batman is here to stop him.

It definitely looks like Batman does. But then it looks like the whole Batman cast is there too. I'm sure that's Penguin and Grodd. Did they all time travel?

Well, it looks novel enough that I'll be sure to check it out.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Seriously, they're going deep on the entire cast. Penguin, Two-Face, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Grodd, at least one Robin, Nightwing, Deathstroke, I THINK that might be Red Hood with the huge hat thing, stinger might've been Clayface if they're being lose with his powers but I'm thinking not.

If anything that huge pink sphere might've been a time distortion field, but then there's still a bunch of advanced tech going around. I dunno.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Maybe they're taking a similar premise to Marvel's 1502, and some time whimmy fuckery just happened to transplant the Batman part of the DC 'verse into Warring States Japan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Maybe Batman will be like “I will stop Japanese Imperialism and all the bad things” before being taken back to the present by Flash like Captain America did by Fury.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    This is a limited release coming out Star Wars day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbPj4cxqTTU

Looks good, has pretty great accolades and reviews already as well.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Dreamworks is reviving She-Ra for Netflix. Not He-Man. She-Ra.

That's.... pretty cool, actually.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

He-Man got revived about 10 years ago, so it's She-Ra's turn, I reckon.

• Options

That was a pretty decent show. Too bad it got killed just before the Horde was about to show up.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Also, y'know... Wonder Woman. The time has probably never been better for super-hero ladies with magic swords to get shows.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    It's funny, I still have all my He-Man figures and I realize that most of the villains I have are from She-Ra. I guess I preferred Hordak's team over Skeletor's. I do have a bunch of Skeletors though (Regular, Battle Damage and with his panther).

looking forward for a new She-Ra series. I'll get to pull out all of the figures for my son and She-Ra. Right now he's really into transformers and he's all into the female ones. Strongarm, Arcee and Windblade are tucked in bed with him every night.

Handkor on
  • Options
    Also worth noting in the announcement is that Dreamworks is making animated series out of pretty much every movie they made recently, including Lil' Trump.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile I'm still waiting on a Zootopia series.

An animated crime procedural? It fucking writes itself!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

The Wire but with furries.

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Couscous wrote: »

The Wire but with furries.

Fox, Fox... Fooooooox. Fox!

Tigliss on
    l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017

Disney is definitely coming back around to the idea with Tangled and Big Hero 6 series. Tangled seems pretty good, but i watched the first few eps of Big Hero 6 over Thanksgiving and it seemed ho-hum.

Edit: Four episodes of Adventure Time's final season are landing on Cartoon Network this Sunday at 7 PM.

Mr Khan on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So no surprise, ABC is airing Olaf's Frozen Adventure tomorrow.

http://abc.go.com/news/insider/olaf-frozen-adventure-joins-the-25-days-of-christmas-on-abc

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would rather watch an hour of the guy who runs the store than 20 minutes of Olaf.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I would rather watch an hour of the guy who runs the store than 20 minutes of Olaf.

I'm sure he's got some stories to tell.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Why, is there a Bottom marathon on? I love that episode.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm not crazy when I say the best parts of Frozen are Anna and Else, right?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Didn't think so. That bond was pretty good.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    All of the male characters in Frozen were dumb and the female characters were lessened by their interactions with those male characters.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    All of the male characters in Frozen were dumb and the female characters were lessened by their interactions with those male characters.

Unfortunately the female characters IQ's drop to single digits when they show up in Once Upon a Time, this goes double for Anna.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I dunno, reindeer are better than people.

• Options

Them and Hans being realistically creepy. They did a good story that was non-typical for Disney, subverting the Prince Charming archetype, having familial love be what saves the day, and be a redemption story for the Snow Queen.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »

Them and Hans being realistically creepy. They did a good story that was non-typical for Disney, subverting the Prince Charming archetype, having familial love be what saves the day, and be a redemption story for the Snow Queen.

That's a really good point and I think it gets overshadowed by everything else. A Disney villain that isn't ludicrously over the top and whose plot has an actual chance of logical success. I do think the townspeople were a bit too quick to swallow the "I'm the only one she told her dying words to, which were putting me in charge of everything" but other than that his plan held together pretty well.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Mr Khan wrote: »

That's a really good point and I think it gets overshadowed by everything else. A Disney villain that isn't ludicrously over the top and whose plot has an actual chance of logical success. I do think the townspeople were a bit too quick to swallow the "I'm the only one she told her dying words to, which were putting me in charge of everything" but other than that his plan held together pretty well.

These are the same townspeople who were okay with "our rulers are technically those orphan children in the castle over there. Oh and the firstborn apparently has agoraphobia..."

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2017

Get fucked, Robot Chicken

They literally just traced the art without asking The Brothers Chaps

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular

I just hope they remember that She-Ra was a tad dark, and not all sunshine and rainbows, Etheria is a world subjugated by a (Galactic? Intergalactic? Multi-Dimensional?) evil empire that gets up to a lot of nasty stuff.
    I hope the team cares about the lore and continuity as much as Mike Young Productions did for the 2K He-Man.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I'd say it falls under parody. Does it suck, yea, but that's the rule everyone abides by. You flip the rule and you kill the entire industry because no one is then allowed to make parody. No abridged series, no jokes, no nothing, not even alternative news outlets (Though killing the Daily Show might justify it ./hyperbole). just whatever Disney and other companies decide to buy up and churn out and then smack lawsuits against to ruin whoever might have had a great or funny idea all to be able to remain in control.

edit** to add on to this, at least RC went to the trouble of tracing the art and not just lifting it whole and splicing it to fit their skit.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

That's the thing about commentary (which parody is a part of) - requiring permission destroys the model.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    This Twitter thread looks to be amusing:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    So I've had this peculiar fascination with the family tree of creator-driven animation, the cartoons I grew up with and continue to enjoy today across several networks, especially learning how they're related to each other. In previous years i've tried to encapsulate this with damned confusing images built in Excel.

This year I graduated to Powerpoint, which i've exported as a PDF for more universal readability purposes. Some of the images I picked up are pretty grainy, but the core functionality is there: everything is cross-referenced so you can follow it on down the rabbit hole.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1irLrdewU6niG9Aad_AyuFo--pzRoMQhp/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Edit: Download it from Drive to your reader of choice because the in-doc hyperlinking doesn't work otherwise.

Mr Khan on
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Whoa! Since when has all of Codename: Kids Next Door been on Youtube?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    This Twitter thread looks to be amusing:

It looks like that thread ends and a new one starts up here:

• Options
    This particular tweet in the chain:

A) makes me feel old, and
    B) makes me think kids today are missing out on things like video arcades.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    omfg, kids... play a pinball machine. that's the tilt reference.
    you push or jostle the machine too much and it would lock up all the scoring tiles and the paddles because it's technically cheating if you push the plane of incline above where the ball goes to.
    part of the fun was to see how much you *could* jostle it.

fuck those machines that had a central dipping curve that would pull the ball to the center and away from the paddles, though. There were a couple of those. I want to say it was the ''Playboy Mansion'' and "The Black Lagoon" machines that did that.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just wonder how he'll react when he gets to the one where the coyote actually catches the roadrunner.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Disney actually bothered to scrub Louis C.K.'s performance as the Horrifying Sweaty One-Armed Monstrosity from Gravity Falls. (His voice was dubbed over by show creator Alex Hirsch.

Hard to tell a difference, but there it is.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Disney actually bothered to scrub Louis C.K.'s performance as the Horrifying Sweaty One-Armed Monstrosity from Gravity Falls. (His voice was dubbed over by show creator Alex Hirsch.

Hard to tell a difference, but there it is.

Why not bring the show back while you’re doing this. They play it enough on Disney XD.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.