Options

[E3] 2017 Thread - All Done Till Next Year

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhOx-FpEAQk

When did they sneak that one in?

bout 10 minutes ago? they're showing gameplay on the stream right now.

https://youtu.be/WM45NsEzlro

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    Looks like the 3DS really isn't dead or being put aside. Surprise Metroid 3DS title announced during the treehouse stream.

Does Samus' model seem just a bit off at times/certain angles to anyone else?

SURPRISE TWIST ENDING: Bayonetta is wearing Samus' armor.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I liked the cutscenes in Zero Mission.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Drez wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh fuck I came when he morphed into the T Rex.

Nintendo won e3 yall.
    Hyperbole does nobody any favors.

Nintendo pulled the infamous Duke Nukem "just a title" blunder using Metroid, and Pokemon-for-Switch didn't even have a title.

Plus, that was, what, seven games or something?

Seriously let's put this in perspective before we grovel at Nintendo.

I am putting it into perspective, have you actually seen the other presentations? It wasn't exactly a high bar to hurdle.

Devolver Digital won my first SSS score for E3. They showed up and pointed out the emperor has no clothes. Glorious shitposting.

I missed that brief. Can you elaborate?

Here's the first part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI

The second part is on twitch and is 12 hours long.

What the fuck? Lol

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Huh. Mercury Steam is doing this. That is ... I don't know how to feel about it.

The gameplay speed is awesome, though.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Metroid 2 Remake releases Sept 15th according to Nintendo Wire.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Huh. Mercury Steam is doing this. That is ... I don't know how to feel about it.

The gameplay speed is awesome, though.

It's okay, they get it right the first time. Then after this is successful Enric Alvarez will ruin the sequel.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular

Nintendo won e3 yall.

Nintendo pulled the infamous Duke Nukem "just a title" blunder using Metroid, and Pokemon-for-Switch didn't even have a title.

Let's put THIS COMMENT into perspective. The issue with the shitty Duke Nukem trailer wasn't that it was just a title. It was that it lasted about 3 minutes showing just still images, and that was years after the game was announced, the game was solidly into development hell at that point.

This is a what, 20 second teaser trailer? That announced the game? It's completely fine. Having a teaser to announce the game is fine, and they didn't dwell on it any more than it needed.

Getting bent out of shape about this is completely unreasonable. It lets Metroid fans know that they are not forgotten and that a game is coming, and that's worth doing.

I mean hell, this will the the third Metroid Prime game released, since the last F-Zero game. I would gladly take a tiny teaser like that for a new F-Zero. I would declare that teaser my highlight of the whole show!

sig.gif
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    It's too much to hope for another 2-D Metroid ever again, I suppose. Sigh.

Wow. Um. It's too much to hope for a sack of cash to fall from the sky ever I suppose. Sigh.

Worth a shot.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I would prefer some gorgeous sprites to low poly 3d models (which never look very good, imo), and I'm not loving that uppercut counter move mechanic, but I'm still very excited for a new '2d' Metroid, especially if it is indeed a remake of Metroid 2, which was my favorite Metroid.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh look more amiibo I need.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I don't know if I am a fan of Samus planting and shooting in 360 degrees, but that's okay. If you are still mobile as fuck it'll be fine.

Metroid II for life.

Edit: Also, those people commenting that Mario looked weird with a gun.. well.. Here is MARIO AS A TANK! HAH!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    I don't know if I am a fan of Samus planting and shooting in 360 degrees, but that's okay. If you are still mobile as fuck it'll be fine.

Metroid II for life.

Edit: Also, those people commenting that Mario looked weird with a gun.. well.. Here is MARIO AS A TANK! HAH!

*and T-rex.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    edit: wrong thread.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I just arrived and watched the spotlight thing. Tell me there is more on Metroid Prime 4 than just the logo, please, for the love of god.

Also, did Valve help Nintendo with the new Mario game? So much hat power.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    ok so now is it ok to say they won E3?

No, because this is a dumb and pointless thing to say.

I'm kidding around man. I don't tend to say that anyone won or lost. Just a reaction to everyone saying it wasn't ok earlier.

(I hadn't even seen the video at the time. Have now, looks pretty good)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Everyone (even Ubi) won in my heart at least once during the show.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Alright.

More Ni No Kuni 2 e3 stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VuivhThKg

This looks real cool.

Is this the new Pikmin?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2017

Nintendo won e3 yall.

Let's put THIS COMMENT into perspective. The issue with the shitty Duke Nukem trailer wasn't that it was just a title. It was that it lasted about 3 minutes showing just still images, and that was years after the game was announced, the game was solidly into development hell at that point.

This is a what, 20 second teaser trailer? That announced the game? It's completely fine. Having a teaser to announce the game is fine, and they didn't dwell on it any more than it needed.

Getting bent out of shape about this is completely unreasonable. It lets Metroid fans know that they are not forgotten and that a game is coming, and that's worth doing.

I mean hell, this will the the third Metroid Prime game released, since the last F-Zero game. I would gladly take a tiny teaser like that for a new F-Zero. I would declare that teaser my highlight of the whole show!
    I'm an older curmudgeon raising kids for a living and have absolutely zero time for bullshit. After their presentation appeared to have ended, y'know what I did? I washed baby bottles, and had to stop a baby from stealing her older brother's food / making a mess. And then things like Metroid 2 remake were getting shown. And I missed it.

A lot of things that didn't faze me (or that I maybe even liked) as a younger person are now wastes of my time, with what little time I have or worse what arrangements I have to make to attempt to have the time. I'm not apologizing for feeling like my time was wasted by Nintendo, or my hopes getting up. I have shit to do, often at the drop of a hat, so my expectation is "just show me the thing."

Edit - To make it clear, my reaction wasn't THIS invested at first. It being argued to me that I'm wrong is making me back it up with this much intensity. I don't have to like the same things you do or to the same degree or not at all. It's not wrong to be unhappy with a thing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm actually really pleased with Nintendo because:

I haven't played much Nintendo stuff over the last decade+
    I like simple, fun, colorful games that I can just relax with for an hour or two. All of this super serious, grimdark, "Humanity is the real monster" BS just wears really thin after a while.

• Options
    I also hope they don't fix the "Baby Baby Baby" criticisms by just having Samus not talk.

It's a poor band-aid, and I always appreciate attempts to add more character to Nintendo characters.

Just, you know, get a better writer.

No, salt the earth.

• Options
    Huh, supports in Fire Musoublem.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    I'm actually really pleased with Nintendo because:

I haven't played much Nintendo stuff over the last decade+
    I like simple, fun, colorful games that I can just relax with for an hour or two. All of this super serious, grimdark, "Humanity is the real monster" BS just wears really thin after a while.

It helps that all of their first party stuff is usually polished to a mirror sheen. They also like to push the envelope with new game mechanics in Mario and Zelda games, with varying levels of success.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Nintendo won e3 yall.

I'm an older curmudgeon raising kids for a living and have absolutely zero time for bullshit. After their presentation appeared to have ended, y'know what I did? I washed baby bottles, and had to stop a baby from stealing her older brother's food / making a mess. And then things like Metroid 2 remake were getting shown. And I missed it.

A lot of things that didn't faze me (or that I maybe even liked) as a younger person are now wastes of my time, with what little time I have or worse what arrangements I have to make to attempt to have the time. I'm not apologizing for feeling like my time was wasted by Nintendo, or my hopes getting up. I have shit to do, often at the drop of a hat, so my expectation is "just show me the thing."

Edit - To make it clear, my reaction wasn't THIS invested at first. It being argued to me that I'm wrong is making me back it up with this much intensity. I don't have to like the same things you do or to the same degree or not at all. It's not wrong to be unhappy with a thing.

I'm an old that had to move away from the feed a couple times to address work stuff and I'm pleased as punch with the knowledge that Metroid Prime 4 exists.

Yeah, it would have been nice if there was more to it, but this is Nintendo. They don't announce shit unless it's coming.

heartratemonitor.jpg

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    This looks janky as hell.

I guess I never did like the Dynasty Warriors series very much. The way the horse moves is dumb as hell.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    The links for confirmation are in the Metroid thread but since it's side-discussed here, the guy who was in charge of Other M and consequently messed it up tremendously (character assassination of Samus)? He's in charge of Prime 4. Curb your enthusiasm, this could get ugly.

Edit - Oh wait a second, I might be confusing two guys.
    Edit Edit - Though it's still not Retro, confirmed.

Henroid on
  • Options
    The horse is making me hate everything I am looking at right now.

• Options
    Unless they fundamentally change capture mechanics and rates, Ni No Kuni is dead on arrival for me.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    The horse skates more than a Final Fantasy XIV Dark Knight in the middle of an ability animation.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Unless they fundamentally change capture mechanics and rates, Ni No Kuni is dead on arrival for me.

God yes. I was really excited for a console Pokemon game but this game didn't even come close... I think after 80 fights trying to get one unit (and the consequential loading screens between each fight) finally broke me and I never finished it.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Well the creature mechanic as it was in the first game is entirely gone so... I'd say yes, it has been fundamentally changed.

• Options
    edited June 2017

Well the creature mechanic as it was in the first game is entirely gone so... I'd say yes, it has been fundamentally changed.

Do tell.

edit: I know nothing about it, truly, because I hated the first game so much so I haven't made any effort to look into the sequel.

Drez on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The horse is making me hate everything I am looking at right now.

But the horse does backflips!

(No seriously, I find that rad and crazy, though I assume that is there because there will be at least 1 pegasus warrior type character)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
  • Options
    Seems to be taking forever to kill a level 5 scrub enemy here in Xeno 2, hmm

• Options
    OK, Xenoblade Ice Climbers.

• Options
    Speaking of Xeno 2, spot the oddball name here:

XmZaRu2.png

That's...weird. I don't think he's ever done a non-Square thing before.

• Options
    Seems to be taking forever to kill a level 5 scrub enemy here in Xeno 2, hmm

Yeah, in the fight when he basically put the controller down to point at things.

• Options
    Geez the design on that lady.....