As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So, something super useful.

Go find some corn, tatoes and mutifruit. Plant them at your camp. Get yourself a water purifier.

These can be made into vegetable starch and setting them at your camp gives your a regenerating supply. Starch can be broken down into adhesive.

Adhesive was one of my bottlenecks on repairs so being able to passively farm it is great.

I set up a farm doing this yesrerday and handed out about 300 adhesives to friends.

Traded for screws and springs to touch up my power armor.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Weirdly, everything I've watched on this has reminded me of The Division.

I think it's the sponginess of the enemies, or the fact that the game is mostly played looking down irons trying to find the head.

This isn't a bad thing, but I'm curious is there's much spice to the combat beyond "aim for the head and wait."

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

I think it's the sponginess of the enemies, or the fact that the game is mostly played looking down irons trying to find the head.

This isn't a bad thing, but I'm curious is there's much spice to the combat beyond "aim for the head and wait."

A lot of enemies are too quick or numerous to reliably line up headshots. Ghouls and Melee scorched have a tendency to rush you in tight corridors or ruined buildings.

It’s part of one of the things I love about the FPS fallouts. It’s a stealthy sniper game, it’s a terrifying horror shooter and also you can jump around in Melee like your naruto.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The combat's exactly the same as Fallout 4, except VATS is real time.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Made a new character.

His name is Pack Mule.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

A lot of enemies are too quick or numerous to reliably line up headshots. Ghouls and Melee scorched have a tendency to rush you in tight corridors or ruined buildings.

It’s part of one of the things I love about the FPS fallouts. It’s a stealthy sniper game, it’s a terrifying horror shooter and also you can jump around in Melee like your naruto.

That's for sure. The Super Mutants are of the slow bullet-sponge, wait for your headshot variety, but the Scorched and Feral Ghouls will get right up in your grill with that Melee stun that makes a fast-firing weapon, preferably a pistol, so important.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I hate these animation locks. Super mutant whalloping me and I want to switch to my shotgun? Nah, let's reload the hunting rifle for another four seconds.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Word, I need to re-learn the old MASS EFFECT trick of it being faster to switch weapons than it is to reload the one you are carrying.

• Options
    Enemies were spongy but in my power armor with a mediocre two hander without any two hander perks I kill almost anything my level in two power attacks and it's a vampiric weapon.

Also the luck perks to randomly repair your stuff is civilization. I'm level 31 and have 15 luck. Just has the best perks.

• Options
    Part of me thinks it would be worth, weapons wise, to focus on Melee and keep just 1-2 guns. It’s a lot less repairing to worry about, and a lot easier weight wise.

• Options
    I stick to one or two ammo types and trade off the rest.

Shotgun shells ... every jerk has 6 or 12 of them.

• Options
    I need to stop looting food. The weight adds up and it's all over the place anyway. Water is way rarer.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I need to stop looting food. The weight adds up and it's all over the place anyway. Water is way rarer.

Canned food does well. With the perk, canned dog food is 60% hunger and regens like half my health.

• Options

Get yourself a water purifier at your base. It’s a non-issue then. If you can’t build one add me and I’ll come build one at your camp when we’re both on.

And yeah I don’t bother looting food. I do take the time to cook food though because the buffs from multiple foodstuffs work together.

• Options
    If you do the Feed the People quest in Morgantown, the reward is five cans of stew in your inventory every day afterward, which takes care of my daily hunger.

Unless it's meant to be a one-time reward and the daily thing is a bug...

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    If you do the Feed the People quest in Morgantown, the reward is five cans of stew in your inventory every day afterward, which takes care of my daily hunger.

Unless it's meant to be a one-time reward and the daily thing is a bug...

I also get it everyday.

Edit: Internet seems to think everyone on a server gets the cans once someone completes that event. So it’s just being completed on the regular (which I’m not surprised it’s easily soloable)

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    You can also stack up dirty water by going to any water source and spamming the R button, then you can turn it to boiled water at a cook station with wood.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    You can also stack up dirty water by going to any water source and spamming the R button, then you can turn it to boiled water at a cook station with wood.

And wood is everywhere. Every downed log or slightly large branch will have 2-6 wood in it. You can generally stack up more wood than you'll need for a while in a 10 minute wood run.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Solo'ed a Scorchbeast at level 40 last night, didn't die once. In fact I only had to use 1 stimpack total. It was kinda easy.

I hope they add some more high level content to the game because im starting to run out of challenging things to do

Cog wrote: »
    It feels like power armor and fancy pants weapons are far too easy to acquire. But I'm one of those FO1/2 people.

It's not acquiring them thats difficult, its maintaining and modifying them. Without the high level perk that reduces the requirements and increases durability you have to dedicate a good chunk of time to hunting materials if you want to use armor (and those fancy weapons) consistently, and thats not even getting into fusion cores (which actually aren't that hard to get ahold of if you know where to look, along with the various power plants and nodes Robobrains drop them. The problem with fusion cores is the weight).

It's been one day! How!!!

I've been asking this same question about the level 70 and 80 people that I've been running into.

But yeah I was around level 30ish when the beta ended.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Ghlinn wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I havent messed around much with the CAMP.

Are you supposed to always build everything again after putting it down? Isnt there a way to get a preset CAMP loadout with weapon benchs etc. already laid out when you put it down?

Yep. You can save a blueprint. However, the more spread out it is, the less likely you'll be able to put it down in a lot of places. I have a 2x2 building that I sometimes have trouble placing.

Well, right now I straight up can't place it because I have some sort of bug with my settlement budget.

Stuff that's in your stored tab counts towards your budget, that could possible be your problem.

I don't have anything stored that doesn't have the blueprint background, so I don't think that's the issue. However, I'll probably just delete everything tonight to see if that fixes it. It isn't like my blueprint is complex.

Figured it out. Apparently, I had several copies of my blueprinted building in storage. The UI is so goddamn bad...

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Among the shattered ruins of civilization, I find a the greatest treasure one can find, in its pristine, purest form... and the game won't let me pick it up. C'mon! A girl has needs!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Dangit I just got my adhesive farm up and running only to get choked by the next tier of stuff needed, ballistic fiber.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Aaaand a level 47 rolled up and tore my camp apart :(

Feels bad, man.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Dac wrote: »
    Aaaand a level 47 rolled up and tore my camp apart :(

Feels bad, man.

I'm two levels above him if you want me to come help you get revenge/get your camp back. I've been wanting to try out this .50 cal machine gun. :biggrin:

Also ballistic fiber is in ammo pouches, they're all over Fort Defiance.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Are there private servers? Or is this all pubbing it up?

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Are there private servers? Or is this all pubbing it up?

All pubbing up currently. Honestly it hasn’t been any issue for me so far. PvP effectively requires consent and you don’t really see people unless you seek them out.

Thinking about it the encounters I’ve had with people have been basically the mysterious stranger from other fallout games except a real person.

Two quick tips I noticed regarding stash weight. You can craft bulk resource items at the tinkers bench. These all weigh less than the resources to make them. Bit awkward as it dosn’t auto break them down if you need the resource but it’s there.

Second is if your power armour auto recalls to inventory (I.E you leave it out too long) it still only weighs 10lbs even with all the armour parts equipped. Might be a bug but at least you can blank some weight with it.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Unless they just want to trash your stuff as shown 3 posts up in what prompted the question!

Private servers are a must.

• Options
    They become wanted to the entire server if they wreck your camp and you can just rebuild the stuff for free.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    They become wanted to the entire server if they wreck your camp and you can just rebuild the stuff for free.

Hunting wanted people is pretty fun. People also drop really quickly with the right weapons. I killed a level 48 player when I was level 19 pretty easily. (I have a legendary 10mm smg that sets things on fire. It does real work against players.)

Also I’m not sure if people are aware but if you tune into the hunter/hunted radio it starts a PvP mode where you get the name of another player to hunt, and someone gets you name. Kill your target and you get thier target and so on. Issue is you need at least four people tuned into the radio to start it and I’m not sure people know it exists? Seems like fun with friends though.

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    A couple of questions to those playing:
    - is the map infinite? Can you just explore and keep going? I assume not but I havent seen any reviews mention map size.
    - would playing from Australia be a problem, since I assume the servers are US based. If so I would expect 200-300ms ping.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Also, when they are wanted it puts them open to combat, so you can absolutely get the drop on wanted people with snipers. Some guy in power armor with a flame thrower was running around torching people near me.

He stopped for a moment to loot some stuff and two quick sneak attack headshots had him within range for the other guys to finish off super easy like.

• Options
    Evermourn wrote: »
    A couple of questions to those playing:
    - is the map infinite? Can you just explore and keep going? I assume not but I havent seen any reviews mention map size.
    - would playing from Australia be a problem, since I assume the servers are US based. If so I would expect 200-300ms ping.

Maps not infinite. It is however larger than the map for fallout 4.
    No idea on the servers sorry. I’m UK based and I have no issues, but Australia is obviously a fair bit further..

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Hey, so from what I have seen there isn't a clan / guild / gang system for this - so is there a system that you guys are using or is it just a case of throwing my account name in the thread (ExpiredHero).

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    What happens after you die?

You respawn at a land mark of your choice and drop all junk and crafting mats currently on you.

That’s really it.

• Options

Also no major bodies of water on the map, it's pretty much all land.

• Options

Also no major bodies of water on the map, it's pretty much all land.

There’s also a lot more verticality. Plenty of things to find up cliffs. Found a children’s play area yesterday that seemed to be some kind of jumping puzzle.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I finally got my copy of the game yesterday, so I created a new character (yes I know beta ones carry over but I wanted a fresh start). I picked up her pip-boy, then had a thing come up, so I quit to the main menu... when I came back a few minutes later, the new character was gone. She wasn't in the character selection screen, and just clicking "play" took me to my beta character.

So either it was a one-off bug, or the game doesn't save your character right away and you need to play long enough to trigger an autosave. Either way, it was kind of annoying.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    It might not actually save until you leave the vault.

• Options
    The game does not tell you when it Autosaves, but it does tell you when you Checkpoint in a questline. And, Holy Cow, there are some loooong questlines.

This discussion has been closed.