As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy [chat]iversary Porp!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hmm ok, there are some affordable longboards, or a penny skateboard. It is mostly for transport, but the transport's not actually -that- far, so I'm kind of ambivalent and it might be worth the skateboard just for something slightly smaller to put in the car.

You could get one of them folding bikes

Or a razor scooter.

Or a hoverboard!

Or a dogsled

the downside of moving out of your old apt in traveling by dirigible is no longer a viable option

This is the most tragic thing I've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPq66NIXUVE

Oh my god

I forgot about Li'l Brudder :cry:

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I can do it on my own!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    You're gonna make it, little guy!

• Options
    those were some golden years on the internet

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Much like Homestar Runner, I cant decide whether I want to be a male model or go into high finance.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So my feeling on the Ghibli Museum is this: it is a fun place to visit as an amusement, but there's very little of actual "museum" substance if you're interested in learning about the studio, or Miyazaki's big boob obsession. But you get to see an exclusive short film and drink the Valley of the Wind beer, so it's probably worth the trip.

If you're actually interested in the history of one of Japan's great manga/anime auteurs, the Tezuka Osamu museum in Kobe is wayyyy better. Fully detailed history of Tezuka, their own exclusive short film, a fully stocked manga library, and a bunch of fun amusements. Plus you can get some delicious Kobe beef on your way home!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    In not adorable news, girl never texted me back yesterday. *sigh*

Modern dating is the worst.

Lol yes

I went on 4 dates last week (with 3 people)

It is a shit

This one on Wednesday seemed to go well. She agreed to give me her number. She initiated the hug. And she said her phone was wonky but I wasn't worried. But who knows.

I have learned I can't read people at all anymore.

Just a blind man walking into walls.

I went on a date last week that went well you know, had a jolly time in the park drinking a bottle of rosé, had a nice kisses time, had a text me at the end of it

Had a second date that she seemed into, we laughed and talked a lot, but I dunno maybe I was weird because towards the end of it started to be more distant and got the quick hug goodbye

And the text a day later of you're super great but I think we should just be friends, lmk if you want to hang casually and *shrug*

lol I've been on so many fruitless dates over the last year
    Though I guess a lot of them because I wasn't feeling the other person, but then a ton of them with similar to above

So *shrug*

I need someone to set me up or something, this is exhausting

The last part literally has never happened to me.

My friends excuse straight up is, "well you seem to be doing fine on your own as you go on dates."

Yeah....

None of my friends know any single women. All the women we know are wives of our other friends.

Oh my friends know plenty. DC is more single women than men. And my friend group is 27-34 here mostly.

But they quiet seriously said to me, "Oh you do fine on your own."

And I am like, "What? I have had one significant other really in 4 years of living here." Obviously large amounts of bad first dates aren't really a measure of doing well.

Well, I have to say Mazzy. You do do pretty well in my eyes. Your response rate is nuts compared to mine. Now, I'll admit, you're a much more interesting person than I am. But still. At least you get responses to messages and such.

• Options
    big boobs you say

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I found a place to get my fingerprints made and my gender marker forms printed, so that's what I'll do today, and by no small providence it's near my favorite pizza place

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji) is skippable, personally, but you never look it at the same way after reading the Mishima novel

Kiyomizudera is well worth seeing in Kyoto, along with Fushimi Inari

Are you going to have time to hit up Hiroshima? If so, get the local okonomiyaki (it's way better than the Osaka style) and visit the bomb museum for a real kick in the teeth

We were looking at the the train routes and stuff and a trip to Hiroshima doesn't quite fit. It's a bit too much out of the way sadly.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    milski wrote: »

Nobody has dvds any more. It's not 1992

Nobody had dvds in 1992 either.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I found a place to get my fingerprints made and my gender marker forms printed, so that's what I'll do today, and by no small providence it's near my favorite pizza place

It's like it was meant to be.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Nobody you knew, maybe

• Options
    also I had the weirdest dream last night that I was auditioning for a voice-acting gig but they wouldn't give me a script or any directions and they were really disappointed with me and I got really upset and ashamed and just walked out

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    big boobs you say

*perks up*

Huh what?

• Options

Nobody you knew, maybe

I feel pretty comfortable in saying they didn't exist.

Preeeeeetty comfortable.

• Options
    big boobs you say

*perks up*

Huh what?

dammit rugged you scared them away

• Options
    in 1992 all the cool kids had laserdisc

• Options
    edited July 2017
    big boobs you say

*perks up*

Huh what?

dammit rugged you scared them away

VaderNo.jpg

cptrugged on
  • Options

Nobody you knew, maybe

I feel pretty comfortable in saying they didn't exist.

Preeeeeetty comfortable.

Listen it's okay to admit you weren't cool enough to be invited to all the DVD house parties back in '92

A lot of uncool squares missed out

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Penny boards are actually really tough to use. I know a few people who've tried them and just given up.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Penny boards are actually really tough to use. I know a few people who've tried them and just given up.

I think I'm going to go with the best seller longboard from Amazon, because $60, cruising longboard seems.. seems about right.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I think I'm going to go with the best seller longboard from Amazon, because $60, cruising longboard seems.. seems about right.

Why not one of those scooter things? They fold up nicely.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Oh I have to create this document that will be likely reviewed by the CEO and Chief Content Officer hmm
    Hmm I see

poo
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    ugh my dentist had to pretty well tear up the gum behind my wisdom tooth to do that filling and it is swollen af and feels really weird bluhhhhh

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

Lol yes

It is a shit

This one on Wednesday seemed to go well. She agreed to give me her number. She initiated the hug. And she said her phone was wonky but I wasn't worried. But who knows.

I went on a date last week that went well you know, had a jolly time in the park drinking a bottle of rosé, had a nice kisses time, had a text me at the end of it

Had a second date that she seemed into, we laughed and talked a lot, but I dunno maybe I was weird because towards the end of it started to be more distant and got the quick hug goodbye

And the text a day later of you're super great but I think we should just be friends, lmk if you want to hang casually and *shrug*

Though I guess a lot of them because I wasn't feeling the other person, but then a ton of them with similar to above

So *shrug*

My friends excuse straight up is, "well you seem to be doing fine on your own as you go on dates."

Yeah....

None of my friends know any single women. All the women we know are wives of our other friends.

Oh my friends know plenty. DC is more single women than men. And my friend group is 27-34 here mostly.

And I am like, "What? I have had one significant other really in 4 years of living here." Obviously large amounts of bad first dates aren't really a measure of doing well.

I don't think one relationship in 4 years is doing bad.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Why not one of those scooter things? They fold up nicely.

Because I'm from California and I want to be cool :P

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    hee hee i started talking to the other team in overwatch and lots of people on both teams joined in and we had a nice time

sig.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I saw a well dressed young lady in her 20s rocketing by on one of those scooters the other day. It was weird, I've never seen anyone but children on them oh god the children have grown up haven't they

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Mazzyx, I've never been setup by a friend either.

• Options
    ugh my dentist had to pretty well tear up the gum behind my wisdom tooth to do that filling and it is swollen af and feels really weird bluhhhhh

:sad:

• Options
    hee hee i started talking to the other team in overwatch and lots of people on both teams joined in and we had a nice time

Disgusting.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    She was a skater girl
    Said see you later girl

• Options

The other night we actually had some positive folks on the opposing team and joked around.

It was like a unicorn. I wasn't sure how to handle it.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

'tomika last night Pinecone and I were talkin' about how we love u very much and also miss you <3<3

also I am coming home in August but will be very very busy and spending time with great grandad mostly, but I would like maybe ?? to see you for like a day if possible ? I will talk to my mom

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    She was a skater girl
    Said see you later girl

Best intro to a song is definitely "She was a girl, she was a girl, can I make it any more obvious?"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »

Lol yes

It is a shit

So *shrug*

Yeah....

I don't think one relationship in 4 years is doing bad.

So 4 years, 12 months a year. 36 months.

Relations was 5 months of 36 months. So less than 16% of that time has been relationship time.

Not exactly great numbers. But I have had such streaks before. It just wears you down big time. One can take so much rejection before one considers becoming a mountain hermit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Drack: Knock knock.
    PeeBee: Who's there?
    Drack: Incompetently.
    PeeBee: Incompetently who?
    Drack: An Elcor.

love this game <3

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

I haven't picked up Overwatch yet. Still a lot of players?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I haven't picked up Overwatch yet. Still a lot of players?

More than ever, it seems.

This discussion has been closed.