Options

[chat]

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I will take Chu under consideration

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Alright, if the Rock is running for President, I'm throwing my hat into the ring too.

Illegal Foreign Coup for President 2020

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    zepherin wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    (I understand JAG/Officers are not really in firefights and it's a play on managers being shit at doing grunt work, but the specifics of the joke make 0 sense outside of someone who fires guns all day erry day and it's a dumb joke)

I have fired guns maybe 10 times in my life.

I got the joke...

I'm going to level with you.

That is a lot of times.
    Not really. I would hope that everyone who owns a gun has been to the range at least 10 times, and preferably at least quarterly.

Not everyone owns a gun.
    About 44% of households do.

Or as Trump refers to it. The majority.

So it would stand to reason that 56% of people would not understand the joke at all?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Trump went to the Rock to hide his face.

The Rock cried out "No hiding place!"

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    good morning, fellow JAG officers at the Range.

i did some maintenance on my handgun last night and i was like

dang i kind of might be starting to like guns again <_<

but i find it to be a terrible social hobby because enthusiasm for guns seems to map so heavily with garbage views ime

so i will just shoot a lot in the air i guess

I don't want to forfeit it only to garbage people

That doesn't seem a good outcome

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Summon the fucking meteors

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Firearms seem fairly dangerous to me

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    (I understand JAG/Officers are not really in firefights and it's a play on managers being shit at doing grunt work, but the specifics of the joke make 0 sense outside of someone who fires guns all day erry day and it's a dumb joke)

I got the joke...

That is a lot of times.
    Not really. I would hope that everyone who owns a gun has been to the range at least 10 times, and preferably at least quarterly.

Not everyone owns a gun.

So it would stand to reason that 56% of people would not understand the joke at all?
    You're killing me smalls.

zepherin on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

but i find it to be a terrible social hobby because enthusiasm for guns seems to map so heavily with garbage views ime

I don't want to forfeit it only to garbage people

That doesn't seem a good outcome

every trend starts with one person...

i need to shoot in my most liberal clothing

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's 2020 Presidential Campaign has been founded and filed with the Federal Election Commission.
    This is the future liberals want
    (Even though he will probably run as a Republican)
    He has a better chance of winning as a Democrat. They aren't going to primary out Trump.

That would be amazing and hilarious but unlikely. Either The Rock is going to use this to fund some travel and eating, or he's going to run as a Dem.

he didnt even find the political committee so there is a good chance its just some guy fucking around.
    but the guy who did it also went and turned all his social media to private after he did
    so who knowwss
    The Rock, only candidate who accidentally wins the primary.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I got the joke...

That is a lot of times.

Not everyone owns a gun.

But I haven't fired a gun 10 times.

Checkmate Atheists.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    The GOP won't back Johnson if he's opposed to their healthcare, tax, and environmental reforms, and I just don't see him embracing those.

The GOP's popular opinion re: healthcare reform is as low as limbo stick during carnivale

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

it seems your terms

are not acceptable

*horns blare*

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

they certainly can be as they emit projectiles at high speed which can pierce living flesh and impart a tremendous amount of force upon contact, causing great bodily harm or death

• Options
    ronya wrote: »

it seems your terms

are not acceptable

*horns blare*

my labyrinthine, john le carre alliance with the brindle boxer nation finally bears fruit

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

they certainly can be as they emit projectiles at high speed which can pierce living flesh and impart a tremendous amount of force upon contact, causing great bodily harm or death

But they can also do that to watermelons, which is awesome

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I've never had it done to me, but from first principles this seems bad

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I got the joke...

That is a lot of times.

Not everyone owns a gun.

But I haven't fired a gun 10 times.

Checkmate Atheists.

Nobody's perfect.

• Options

And if you aren't careful the slide can catch part of the web of your thumb, known as Beretta bite.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean they solely exist to take lives.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's 2020 Presidential Campaign has been founded and filed with the Federal Election Commission.
    This is the future liberals want
    (Even though he will probably run as a Republican)
    He has a better chance of winning as a Democrat. They aren't going to primary out Trump.

That would be amazing and hilarious but unlikely. Either The Rock is going to use this to fund some travel and eating, or he's going to run as a Dem.

If he hasn't quit the GOP now, he's never going to.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Water seems fairly wet to me.

• Options
    Bullets are like little tiny solid rockets

Which I find intriguing

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Alright, if the Rock is running for President, I'm throwing my hat into the ring too.

Illegal Foreign Coup for President 2020

Uh 2016 kind of has you beat there already.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Capitalism seems fairly dangerous to me

GOT EM

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Guns are fucking awesome tho but carrying around one shooting people makes you a shitter

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Which I find intriguing

We're still throwing rocks at each other like Neanderthals, we're just throwing them at an incredible velocity.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Take lives and kick off the new year right.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mother of fucks I'm uninsured again

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Guns are fucking awesome tho but carrying around one shooting people makes you a shitter

ok but what if you carry around one and probably never shoot anyone but if you do it's to prevent someone from severely harming you

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I love that two girls in a pool trailer, an indoor pool having an impenetrable cover that closes in 15 seconds and everyone in the building leaving in 15 seconds is so divorced from reality I could never think of that.

speaking as a former lifeguard, the system to deploy the cover likely exists, and yes in an internal pool room, and lifeguard is an easy job to bail out from, so long as you did your pool maintenance and PH checks early you just grab your water bottle, hit the cover system, and leave. However no lifeguard would ever close a pool without ensuring the water is totally empty, because they are a fuckin lifeguard and knowing everything going on around them is the fuckin point. Mainly because getting caught under or wrapped up in a pool cover is a fuckin terrifying prospect

However, Matt Brody might forget that they're in there by accident and wants to get back to hitting on Summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZVT0LeXR0

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Mother of fucks I'm uninsured again
    Thanks Obama.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Chu let's go shoot and talk about private prisons and for profit healthcare are both insulting to the dignity of this great nation

• Options

Which I find intriguing

We're still throwing rocks at each other like Neanderthals, we're just throwing them at an incredible velocity.

KE=1/2mv^2

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Firing a gun and hitting something and seeing it fly apart is tremendously satisfying.

• Options

And crack walnuts

---

Does anyone remember the dude that argued that the bullets were basically equivalent to tiny aeroplanes and... something about the airforce vs the army, like the airforce was invalid because it was just shooting really big bullets or something

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    A buddy of mine went JAG in the Army and posted on FB recently his target from the range

He's kind enough to post, too:

Q. Tell a joke
    A. JAG Officers at the range

True to form, it was like a 3 inch group on a 25-meter zeroing target. C'mon.

For people who aren't familiar with the military or what is a good grouping, this is entirely opaque.

who hasn't seen JAG

come on

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Take lives and kick off the new year right.

Por qué no ambos al mismo tiempo?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

ok but what if you carry around one and probably never shoot anyone but if you do it's to prevent someone from severely harming you

My only response to that would be that I would find it terrifying to live in a place where that's a considerable possibility

But I know that's just privilege talking, so I can't really judge

This discussion has been closed.