As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GoT][ASoIaF] It had its moments. (OPEN SPOILERS FOR S8, BEWARE)

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    If Bronn dies I riot! And by riot I mean get drunk, yell at the tv, and pretend the episode never happened.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    well we finally have an air date so that means planning out the epic rewatch! if i counted right then watching an episode a day starting from the 6-7th of Feb will take me right up to the new season. will i be able to keep to just one episode per day? will i miss days and have to double up? only time will tell.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    It's the last season. Everyone dies when the show dies

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I worry for Brienne
    I fear the showrunners might feel like the valonqar needs that extra push to fulfill his destiny

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Pretty sure that trailer
    The Jon statue isn’t representing a older Jon. The beard looks fuller because otherwise, it can’t be depicted without looking goofy.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It's kinda hard for me to find the hype for Season 8.

Ever since they ran out of book material and decided to wrap up the show in a hurry, the writing has suffered pretty badly.

I mean a lot of the stuff in Season 7 was just dumb.

I'll still watch, of course.

But I am not as enthused as I might once have been.

RT800 on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Ever since they ran out of book material and decided to wrap up the show in a hurry, the writing has suffered pretty badly.

The show is not as good as it was. But at least this way we'll get an end to the story, since GRRM will clearly never finish it.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Um

Where’s Bran’s statue

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Bran is no longer a Stark, he is the 3-eyed raven.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Um

Where’s Bran’s statue

Isn't he immortal?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I mean I know everything is open to discussion but

I swear if we have another boat travel time debate I'll probably go insane.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Season 7 is was very obvious they had one major bulletpoint from GRRM for that ep and they wrote backwards to squeeze it in.

• Options

Which boat? Gendry’s?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Which boat? Gendry’s?

I believe the classic debate is Baelish's

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular

Which boat? Gendry’s?

Gendry don't need no boat, last season proved he's the fastest man alive with that sprint back to the wall.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    The show has shifted from adaptation to variation to Cultural Spectacle and in that vein I still really enjoy it.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Season 7 is was very obvious they had one major bulletpoint from GRRM for that ep and they wrote backwards to squeeze it in.

The boning

• Options
    edited January 2019

The boning

:winky:

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

I feel like GRRM painted himself in a corner and instead of a finely complex tapestry in the novels we've gotten a National Lampoon's style ball of twisted Christmas lights.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I just think a lot of the fun of this kind of show is thinking and speculating about all the possible outcomes, and as the narrative accelerates toward its end the spectrum of outcomes steadily narrows. The eventual single remaining ending is inevitably less interesting than the sum of everything previously imagined.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

The boning

Sexy Results.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I just think a lot of the fun of this kind of show is thinking and speculating about all the possible outcomes, and as the narrative accelerates toward its end the spectrum of outcomes steadily narrows. The eventual single remaining ending is inevitably less interesting than the sum of everything previously imagined.

I mean, say what you will about the show, it's got some of the best/most horrific twists on storytelling I've seen in a show.

Most recently with holding doors and such. God damn that was haunting.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I mean, say what you will about the show, it's got some of the best/most horrific twists on storytelling I've seen in a show.

Plus no labeling of dicks as "pink masts."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Heck.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Plus no labeling of dicks as "pink masts."

there's still time.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What’s going on with that picture?

Is he standing off a stage or something or is Kit Harrington really that short?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It’s not that he’s short per se, he’s just standing next to a pair of giantesses

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    He is both A) relatively short for a dude (though probably taller than me) and B) Sophie Turner and Gwendoline Christie are both very tall ladies

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I know Gwendoline is over 6 feet.

Google says Kit is 5’8 and Sophie is 5’9.

Must be some high ass heels or something, cause that sure as shit isn’t an inch between them. There’s less distance between Sophie and Gwendoline than Sophie and Kit.

Edit: Siri really hates Gwendoline’s name.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Chess pieces of all the main characters.

The last scene of the show will be GRRM sitting and playing chess against Sam Darnold, quarterback for the Jets, in a very cozy, comfortable den with a lit fireplace. Sam wins and GRRM sits back, says “finally, you guys win.”

Then a dragon eats them both.

Credits.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    if s7 was anything to go by

s8 will be pretty awfullllll

but its my awful and i will enjoy it

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    He is both A) relatively short for a dude (though probably taller than me) and B) Sophie Turner and Gwendoline Christie are both very tall ladies

C) He is probably standing a bit behind them and D) the angle of the camera throws correct perspective out the window

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The photographer probably worked on Lord of the Rings and just can't turn it off anymore.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Someone got a better angle with a better perspective

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    So there was an awesome commercial for the new season during the superbowl. Highly recommend finding it on YouTube

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Only awesome if you watch a lot of sports and hate Bud Light.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

I thought the reveal of it was awesome and showed the contrast of the show to typical care free fantasy worlds.

Also, I like some of the dily dily commercials

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

I thought the reveal of it was awesome and showed the contrast of the show to typical care free fantasy worlds.

You are a monster on par with Tywin.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RickRude wrote: »

You are a monster on par with Tywin.

The one I enjoyed did have people shooting arrows into people so maybe there is truth here

This discussion has been closed.