Options

This YouTube Thread has been removed due to a copyright claim

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

Lies, everyone knows Jim Sterling never makes videos except to complain, usually about loot boxes.

Well I mean, even in this video he takes a bunch of shots at loot boxes, so...

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

This is some Haikyuu crap right here

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

This is some Haikyuu crap right here

what really impresses me is that she's back on her feet immediately, and back in the play making another diving save

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bob Katter is deranged.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Bob Katter is deranged.

yeah he's a lunatic and also, in case it's not obvious from that clip, would have voted against marriage equality with a shotgun if he could.

• Options
    For example, here is one of his campaign ads from last year
    (note: ALP and LNP are acronyms for the two major Australian political parties)

https://youtu.be/W95RHO6_Gw4

In case you're wondering, yes, he did just imply that he murdered two people for putting up a sign!

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    rhylith wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Some people I know started a Youtube channel. Thought I'd do them a solid and share their first two videos.
    Critics Critique

A breakdown of polarized and saturated film criticism across the board. We will analyze popular critics from Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, MetaCritic, IGN, and other aggregate review sites and peel back modern pop-culture bias in an attempt to deliver objectivity and clarify the picture of what a film or movie is beyond the immediate responses. Do you wonder why you love a film most people hate? Do you wonder if they hate it just because the majority hates it? It's criticism versus cynicism.

I am terrified to hit play on that video from that description.

1) dedwrekka already covered it, but any time someone starts talking about objectivity in reviews it comes off as the same kind of “ethics in games journalism” bs we’ve been dealing with for years. As has been pointed out a thousand times, you cannot have a truly objective review of anything - no matter what you are going to bring your biases to whatever you watch, from social and political views all the way down to if that burrito gave you gas when you saw the movie can change your perspective.

2) Metacritic, imdb, and rotten tomatoes do not have critics so the fact that they say “popular critics from [those sites]” implies a fundamental misunderstanding of what they’re criticizing.

3) Channel description should really say who they are and what they do. Critics critique? Are they critics themselves? What’s they’re background? Film studies? Journalism? Gimme some names and details here. What makes these guys even qualified to criticize film or criticism?

4) Combine #1, #3, and 3 nerdy lookin white dudes and I’m running to the hills away from this.

Jeez, they just did a thing for fun. None of them are actually professional critics, but if you're worried about them ranting about SJWs or whatever, one of the three (who is also the editor) is a former DFCS case worker and currently a therapist. I could further defend their character (well, except for the guy sitting in the middle, I don't know him personally), but I don't think I should have to. They're definitely more progressive than the dudes on Red Letter Media, at least.

I personally found it kind of unfocused, but their main talking points were along the lines of "why did critics love Bladerunner 2049 but audiences couldn't be bothered? Does the critic community have its own unique set of biases?"

I thought it was a more interesting idea for a video than just reviewing the movie itself.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    In case you're wondering, yes, he did just imply that he murdered two people for putting up a sign!

He also loves to pretend like he's a farmer but his father owned a clothes store and a small cinema and Bob himself was a speculator trading in mining and cattle futures, he was never actually a pastoralist or grazier himself. And the Nationals (which are nominally a party representing the agricultural sector) say things like this about him: http://www.farmweekly.com.au/news/agriculture/general/politics/katter-all-talk-on-rural-debt-say-nats/2719039.aspx

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    For example, here is one of his campaign ads from last year
    (note: ALP and LNP are acronyms for the two major Australian political parties)

https://youtu.be/W95RHO6_Gw4

He looks like one of the costumes from the Wynona's Big Brown Beaver video come to life.
    https://youtu.be/aYDfwUJzYQg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I love this documentary with all my heart, it's such a good look at what went into this and I'm half convinced it was made on accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The fuck? It's an hour and a half long, and it's part two? Is BvS actually deserving of ~3 hours of talking shit on it, or is MovieBob just blowing smoke up his own arse?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I might even be of the opinion that literally no media ever made deserves three hours talking about it, euologizing the planet after it gets blown up wouldn't warrant three hours

Hobnail on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I could do that

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I could do that but I don't wanna

• Options
    That first guy has a fainting goat tier fight or flight response

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I wish I could do that

Watch a video of dogs greeting an owner after a long absence

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I wish I could do that

Watch a video of dogs greeting an owner after a long absence

True.

But I mean as a defensive move when someone tries to make eye contact.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    rhylith wrote: »
    Some people I know started a Youtube channel. Thought I'd do them a solid and share their first two videos.
    Critics Critique

A breakdown of polarized and saturated film criticism across the board. We will analyze popular critics from Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, MetaCritic, IGN, and other aggregate review sites and peel back modern pop-culture bias in an attempt to deliver objectivity and clarify the picture of what a film or movie is beyond the immediate responses. Do you wonder why you love a film most people hate? Do you wonder if they hate it just because the majority hates it? It's criticism versus cynicism.

I am terrified to hit play on that video from that description.

1) dedwrekka already covered it, but any time someone starts talking about objectivity in reviews it comes off as the same kind of “ethics in games journalism” bs we’ve been dealing with for years. As has been pointed out a thousand times, you cannot have a truly objective review of anything - no matter what you are going to bring your biases to whatever you watch, from social and political views all the way down to if that burrito gave you gas when you saw the movie can change your perspective.

2) Metacritic, imdb, and rotten tomatoes do not have critics so the fact that they say “popular critics from [those sites]” implies a fundamental misunderstanding of what they’re criticizing.

3) Channel description should really say who they are and what they do. Critics critique? Are they critics themselves? What’s they’re background? Film studies? Journalism? Gimme some names and details here. What makes these guys even qualified to criticize film or criticism?

4) Combine #1, #3, and 3 nerdy lookin white dudes and I’m running to the hills away from this.

Jeez, they just did a thing for fun. None of them are actually professional critics, but if you're worried about them ranting about SJWs or whatever, one of the three (who is also the editor) is a former DFCS case worker and currently a therapist. I could further defend their character (well, except for the guy sitting in the middle, I don't know him personally), but I don't think I should have to. They're definitely more progressive than the dudes on Red Letter Media, at least.

I personally found it kind of unfocused, but their main talking points were along the lines of "why did critics love Bladerunner 2049 but audiences couldn't be bothered? Does the critic community have its own unique set of biases?"

I thought it was a more interesting idea for a video than just reviewing the movie itself.

Hey sorry, that did come off as hostile. But with some rewording of that description they could keep doing their thing without scaring off people like me.

Something like We’re [names], 3 film enthusiasts who enjoy analyzing the response to films after they release. How did the critics react? Did audiences agree? We’ll look at the critical and box office reception of recent movies and provide our thoughts.

They could flesh something along those lines out a little more (I ain’t gonna write the thing for em). Could come up with some segments for the show like “the contrarian” where they look at the review from that one critic who loved a poorly reviewed movie or hated a well reviewed one, or “user review corner” where they read quotes from insightful or funny user reviews. There’s potential for something with the right approach.

rhylith on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I might even be of the opinion that literally no media ever made deserves three hours talking about it, euologizing the planet after it gets blown up wouldn't warrant three hours

The RLM takedown of Revenge of the Sith was longer than the movie itself

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

I think certain pieces of art can in fact be analyzed and discussed for that long and more, and you can find university coursework doing far more with less.

BvS is probably not such art.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

This is a lovely video but man I spent some time roughhousing people with the phlog last night and brother let me tell you there was nothing those poor people could have done

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I love this documentary with all my heart, it's such a good look at what went into this and I'm half convinced it was made on accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo

George actually says to John Williams about the chorus from Duel of the Fates, that it's going to come back in the third film.

So I mean, I guess he really was planning some of that out.

• Options

first of all this is 100% hilarious

but 2nd

that camera man, setting up on the opposite side of the street

is completely to blame for this.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4WBZdVfLlg

That is a lot of mayonnaise.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0195TInzs

New Some News for the Thanksgiving season!

• Options
    Oh good....jolly thanksgiving...

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

This is a lovely video but man I spent some time roughhousing people with the phlog last night and brother let me tell you there was nothing those poor people could have done

There's something weird going on with flamethrower damage since the patch. They didn't take the increased damage output from the hit detection actually working into account or something.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Wow

That some news is very good

I argue "liberal" points like that until I'm blue in the face and have a migraine at Thanksgiving and Christmas and usually labor day too

I'm fun at parties

My mom's a moderate, my dad is a libertarian? And my brother is too and I'm so damn tired of everything

DouglasDanger on
This discussion has been closed.