This YouTube Thread has been removed due to a copyright claim

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Oh thank god

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    A great synopsis of Green Naruto.

https://youtu.be/fA0XmlvFsg0

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    edit: nah

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Shaun investigates the "outrage" of game journalists hating Cuphead despite most liking it and other things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-P9_oUV9Gw

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Shaun investigates the "outrage" of game journalists hating Cuphead despite most liking it and other things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-P9_oUV9Gw

me in response to the cartoons shown in the video:

wow those are some really racist cartoons

edit: added context

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    A 2nd Hbomberguy video this week, this one's about soy and how Paul Joseph Watson shows you how it makes you an evil soft beta leftist weakling, or, how it makes you a super intelligent genius if you watch Paul Joseph Watson and buy his brain pills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MS0TrsI7rE

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It’s a good video but the diet idea is kind of gimmicky and silly

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Bomb ass Mongolian throat singing
    Against one hell of a backdrop

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5tVGei24TdQ

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It’s a good video but the diet idea is kind of gimmicky and silly

Well yeah, but he's effectively just doubling-down on their fuckmuppetry.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Paul Joseph Watson reminds me intensely of Nigel Farage

I'm sure he'd be pleased

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    A 2nd Hbomberguy video this week, this one's about soy and how Paul Joseph Watson shows you how it makes you an evil soft beta leftist weakling, or, how it makes you a super intelligent genius if you watch Paul Joseph Watson and buy his brain pills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MS0TrsI7rE

I was always told that soy was good to avoid if feminizing is your goal as (as far as I was told and didn't care enough to research) it blocks estrogen receptors with "not actually usable estrogen".

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Considering the thousands of men and women who use soy protein, and have for decades, I'm just going to go with the explanation that the estrogen-like compounds in there don't actually do much to the human body, or are digested completely different from the way test mice digest it.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Considering the thousands of men and women who use soy protein, and have for decades, I'm just going to go with the explanation that the estrogen-like compounds in there don't actually do much to the human body, or are digested completely different from the way test mice digest it.

In general diet studies with mice are blown out in various ways, typically with mega doses of whatever the thing is, because you need data that shows a difference. (I do mouse based disease models, so I've got some bias too) so if your diet was a loooot of soy, or a few forms of concentrated soy that had the estrogen like compounds you might see something. Might also be more relavent for elite body builders just because they are already at so many extremes. But having tofu/miso/edamame/soy sauce etc as part of a balanced diet should be no big. (Which is basically true of most foods anyway)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Bodybuilders generally avoid large doses of soy protein if they can help it (ie, if better sources like whey are available) because anecdotally people experience some issues. Much of that may simply be bro legend, but if you're taking in say, 120g of concentrated soy every day you're in a very different situation to someone who sometimes eats tofu or soy sauce.

What I find interesting is that someone like PJW whose physical condition is mediocre at best thinks they're in a position to talk. I could pretty easily tear that guy's arms off, and I eat soy.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/k03u4pJ7uBc

The title of this is The Try Guys Make Tinder Profiles but it should be called The Try Guys Get Torn To Shreds By A "Tinder Sociologist"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I would play cash money to see you rip off pjws arms tube.

I'm also not sure I've ever had anything with soy in it except the sauce

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    What's Pjw?

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I would play cash money to see you rip off pjws arms tube.

I'm also not sure I've ever had anything with soy in it except the sauce

Soy is in a lot of things.

Artificial bacon bits are made from it, for one. Anything that has protein and isn't made from actual meat is likely soy.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What's Pjw?

Paul Joseph Watson, Alex Jones' young apprentice

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What's Pjw?

Paul Joseph Watson, Alex Jones' young apprentice

Even he has expressed incredulity at Jones' shenanigans a few times lately.

• Options
    All I know and consider Alex and his site to be is on my neighbor's trashcan
    59fdz2xljey5.jpg

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Phyto-oestrogens are believed to reduce the rate of certain cancers.
    Lower rates of breast and prostate cancer in some Asian countries, where soy is very common in the diet, led scientists to investigate the link between eating soy foods and protection against breast and prostate cancer. Due to their different dietary intakes, and also different genetics, it is difficult to determine whether it is the soy in the diet or some other factor. Overall in large studies on people it seems like a high consumption of soy foods may lower the risk of breast and prostate cancers, but only a little. Animal and test tube studies do support an anti-cancer effect.

There is also a very large percentage of the population in Asia who have an extremely soy rich diet (compared to western diets) and have for a very long time and there's no observable feminization effect or drop in virility or any of his other nonsense.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The only confirmed risk from phytoestrogens is that if you're suffering from hypothyroidsm (ie, an underactive thyroid gland) isoflavones (such as the ones fond in soy) may further lower the thyroids function. This effect has not been found in people with a healthy thyroid gland, but if you're taking synthetic thyroxine you should definitely avoid soy and lower your intake of other legumes.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Phyto-oestrogens are believed to reduce the rate of certain cancers.
    Lower rates of breast and prostate cancer in some Asian countries, where soy is very common in the diet, led scientists to investigate the link between eating soy foods and protection against breast and prostate cancer. Due to their different dietary intakes, and also different genetics, it is difficult to determine whether it is the soy in the diet or some other factor. Overall in large studies on people it seems like a high consumption of soy foods may lower the risk of breast and prostate cancers, but only a little. Animal and test tube studies do support an anti-cancer effect.

There is also a very large percentage of the population in Asia who have an extremely soy rich diet (compared to western diets) and have for a very long time and there's no observable feminization effect or drop in virility or any of his other nonsense.
    I dont think that example would work against their belief as the racist stereotypes of Asian men being feminine or less masculine would just make it seem like confirmation.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Note though that even traditionally soy rich diets generally contain less than 60mg of isoflavones per day (normally about 30mg), while a diet that contains soy as milk/meat substitutes can easily reach doses of 100mg+, or even 300+ with soy based food supplements.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one pronouncing 'isoflavens' like Jerry Lewis?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I would love it if Neil Ceicerega put out a Smash Christmas album. Every band puts out a Christmas album. Even Smash Mouth themselves put out The Gift of Rock in 2005.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up on Teen Titans, but I never understood the hate for the show. They genuinely seem like they are trying to be entertaining and have fun with themselves.. at least in the clips I've seen?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I think it’s due to a belief that Young Justice was cancelled because of it and the network’s over reliance on it, playing it for hours a day every day

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
This discussion has been closed.