Options

This YouTube Thread has been removed due to a copyright claim

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Also the first season or two were really bad as they hadn't fully figured out their audience and what exactly they were doing yet. As time went on and they absorbed some criticism, they got better (but still not all that good, imo).

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What's Pjw?

Peanut Jelly... Walnut. Yes, let's go with that.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up on Teen Titans, but I never understood the hate for the show. They genuinely seem like they are trying to be entertaining and have fun with themselves.. at least in the clips I've seen?

I think there used to be a question of oversaturation (like, the channel that ran it ran it all the time, at the detriment of other shows), but I could be wrong.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    super heroes aren't supposed to be funny, man, don't you know anything

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Peanut Justice Warrior.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    to be fair, the original Teen Titans show ended with some major dangling plot strings and people who were fans of it are still kind of heated about that

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    I'd say there's a lot of people who liked shows like the Timmverse DCAU, the original Teen Titans, and Young Justice, who are disappointed there aren't any shows airing right now that have that kind of all-ages semi-serious adventure show vibe and instead there's just this silly jokey show that seems to make fun of the kind of show they do want

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'd say there's a lot of people who liked shows like the Timmverse DCAU, the original Teen Titans, and Young Justice, who are disappointed there aren't any shows airing right now that have that kind of all-ages semi-serious adventure show vibe and instead there's just this silly jokey show that seems to make fun of the kind of show they do want

what I don't get is that I loved those shows and I love this show

there's room for everything!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Not on CN's schedule!

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »

I'd say they'd be much more fine with TTG if there were a show like those other shows still on the air too, but there isn't

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    My brother stayed with me over Thanksgiving, and kept singing this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgx3uBWlvE

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    whenever someone abbreviates Teen Titans go my brain always ads an L at the end and I get confused.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    teen titans go!thic lolita

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Bodybuilders generally avoid large doses of soy protein if they can help it (ie, if better sources like whey are available) because anecdotally people experience some issues. Much of that may simply be bro legend, but if you're taking in say, 120g of concentrated soy every day you're in a very different situation to someone who sometimes eats tofu or soy sauce.

What I find interesting is that someone like PJW whose physical condition is mediocre at best thinks they're in a position to talk. I could pretty easily tear that guy's arms off, and I eat soy.

Is it bad that it took almost 40 years and this post to make me realize there was soy in soy sauce and that wasn't just like, a name?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Bodybuilders generally avoid large doses of soy protein if they can help it (ie, if better sources like whey are available) because anecdotally people experience some issues. Much of that may simply be bro legend, but if you're taking in say, 120g of concentrated soy every day you're in a very different situation to someone who sometimes eats tofu or soy sauce.

What I find interesting is that someone like PJW whose physical condition is mediocre at best thinks they're in a position to talk. I could pretty easily tear that guy's arms off, and I eat soy.

Is it bad that it took almost 40 years and this post to make me realize there was soy in soy sauce and that wasn't just like, a name?

Have you been raised in an area where sauces/dressings are named after the stuff they go on instead of the stuff they're made from? Like "Fish sauce" or "Hamburger dressing"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Kinda like how there isn't coffee in coffee cake?

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

coffee cake is for eating with your coffee obviously, and soy sauce is sauce to put on your soy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

coffee cake is for eating with your coffee obviously, and soy sauce is sauce to put on your soy

Honestly the idea of putting soy sauce on soy beans is...eww.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    What is the person with a knife vid, before I click on it.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    "Violence" by the channel "ContraPoints"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ContraPoints made a video musing on humanity's relationship with violence

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    This was really interesting and informative to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9sjmrFxzBs

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Good old nu sensei

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I didn't watch any Desert Bus live because I kept forgetting to tune in, but this bit about Google Translated Magic cards is pretty great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6MQnikY-Y

EDIT: There's a part two :o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkjUHpkBt6I

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

I'm frustrated because this was a really good discussion of things in a fairly concise manner that I could show people who were already at least a little sympathetic, and I waited and gave the benefit of the doubt, but the infanticide..jokes? I think? (maybe I missed something?) make this unsharable. It's not that it undermines the points being stated, but as a piece of media it undermines itself. And I like the ideas this person is putting forth in this and other videos and think that it's good to have more discussion about when violence is acceptable and how to effectively deliver a leftist message. But jeeze louise some of that packaging. I want media like this I can show to more people! Not just those that already agree with me! (Not that I'm making videos over here)

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I'd say they'd be much more fine with TTG if there were a show like those other shows still on the air too, but there isn't
    Justice League Action?

And also Young Justice season 3 comes out next year?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I didn't watch any Desert Bus live because I kept forgetting to tune in, but this bit about Google Translated Magic cards is pretty great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6MQnikY-Y

Twitter Card:
    lW9pCQ2.png

PA Card:
    Oee1rzJ.png

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

I need to know the story behind this.

• Options
    just listening to the first 15 seconds or so I'm going to guess a racist/coked up taxi or uber driver screaming at their passenger

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    teen titans go!thic lolita

I watched this show, it was called Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Justice League Action?

I never see anyone talking about Justice League Action, I guess I assumed it's not very good

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Justice League Action?

I never see anyone talking about Justice League Action, I guess I assumed it's not very good
    It's perfectly fine. Like it ain't JLU but it's a fun little low stakes action comedy show
    https://youtu.be/ZaK3DZ3v-WM

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.