Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Finished another game! Only a short one though, still, backlog progress! TWD: Michonne finished. Still has the feels like the other TWD games. Loved the story, only downside was i felt it was too short. Thanks again to @Krummith for the game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Enjoying Risen so far, warts and all.

Got shipwrecked, found a large piece of wood, began beating porcupines to death with it and started rolling with bandits in the swamp.

Its pretty rough in some places like the combat which is super awkward but really enjoying the quests and RPG elements, both implemented better than I would have expected. Some great opportunities to steal from NPCs during conversation then turn around and go "you know that I thing I wanted from you? I actually just took it from you. Well, see ya" like a jerk. You can also rough up characters and then take their inventory from them while they're KOed without killing them. There will be consequences in some cases if they didn't agree to the fight beforehand but its an option a lot of games like this don't have nonetheless. Learning a gutting skill so you can buy hunting equipment to extract more sellable trophies from monsters/wild animals, etc

Based on this, getting excited about Elex releasing next month (even though I'll probably be trying to run through Risen's two sequels first). Shouldn't have avoided these games as long as I have.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Didn't get a god damn thing done for the backlog challenge cuz I suck but finished Oxenfree (well I guess finished it twice) so yay?

Everyone talking about Transistor, I was pretty sure I got it from some bundle and sure enough. So now it's installing even though I have about a billion other games I'm partway through.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Looks like Valve took action against at least two developers that sell asset swaps as games on Steam: Silicon Echo and Zonitron.

As of right now, this is what it looks like if you click on one of those links:
    myky4eslx8d7.png

Good riddance!

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Got shipwrecked, found a large piece of wood, began beating porcupines to death with it and started rolling with bandits in the swamp.

Its pretty rough in some places like the combat which is super awkward but really enjoying the quests and RPG elements, both implemented better than I would have expected. Some great opportunities to steal from NPCs during conversation then turn around and go "you know that I thing I wanted from you? I actually just took it from you. Well, see ya" like a jerk. You can also rough up characters and then take their inventory from them while they're KOed without killing them. There will be consequences in some cases if they didn't agree to the fight beforehand but its an option a lot of games like this don't have nonetheless. Learning a gutting skill so you can buy hunting equipment to extract more sellable trophies from monsters/wild animals, etc

Based on this, getting excited about Elex releasing next month (even though I'll probably be trying to run through Risen's two sequels first). Shouldn't have avoided these games as long as I have.

I didn't like the sequels as much as the first game. The storyline got really janky.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Remember that Mummy movie that came out this year which was supposed to be the starting point for some Universal monsters cinematic universe? Yeah, me neither.

Anyway, WayForward is making a game based on the movie called The Mummy Demastered, and it's coming to Steam. All I have to go on is this trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbtUfqam5g

And this writeup by Jeremy Parish. But based on these, I'm actually interested! It's a Metroidvania, and the catch in this one is that if your character dies, he ends up enslaved by the forces of darkness. You get to continue as another anonymous agent, but have to hunt down your previous character and kill him to get back your upgrades and weapons.

edit: Gah! Fixed a mistake that made the "forces of darkness" sentence make no sense.

That looks super rad.

Also, i wonder if they'll include other classic Universal monsters in it, like Gillman, Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Abbott and Costello or the wolfman.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I didn't like the sequels as much as the first game. The storyline got really janky.
    Looks like it goes full ham on the goofy pirate stuff though and throws in shotguns and voodoo, so that should be fun.

Risen 2 from everything I've read sounds like a mess but I'm just hoping its a stylish one.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Looks like Valve took action against at least two developers that sell asset swaps as games on Steam: Silicon Echo and Zonitron.

Good riddance!

Fun fact. Both of those are the same developer. Zonitron has been using a lot of sock puppet accounts to release games. And Silicon Echo was one of like a dozen.

172 of their games got removed today. Which is just a ridiculous amount.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They must have threatened to kill Gabe Newell, or made their money mostly via cards or something, because no way Valve takes them down just due to quality. That would imply there's QA.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Isorn wrote: »

Good riddance!

Fun fact. Both of those are the same developer. Zonitron has been using a lot of sock puppet accounts to release games. And Silicon Echo was one of like a dozen.

172 of their games got removed today. Which is just a ridiculous amount.

Looks like I own at least three of their games: Fiends of Imprisonment, Absconding Zatwor, and Break Into Zatwor. Apparently if you got one of those, they gave you the other two for free. I'm not sure where I got them from, but I doubt I knowingly bought it. It was probably one of those giveaway things, or maybe one of Greenman Gaming random grab bags they do.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Pinball FX3 is out you guys! You get to keep most tables from FX2 so lets fill up those leaderboards and check out all the new features! :D

header.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    skinkbaaskinkbaa Registered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    Congrats to...

@EvmaAlsar
    signature.png
    @cB557
    signature.png
    @skinkbaa
    signature.png

Thanks to everyone that entered and thanks to everyone that sent me well wishes for my bday.

:) Thank you! Hope your birthday was good.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I unpaused my Humble Monthly to get RotTR. I'm not going to jump in early, since I won't have time to play it immediately. I heard and saw enough about it that I'm willing to pay $12 to own it.

I'm a bit curious what else will unlock with the Monthly, since there are some other games on my list that got recent markdowns.

Do you guys know enough about the dev for Heat Signature, whether Gunpoint will see a price drop in the near future?

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I unpaused my Humble Monthly to get RotTR. I'm not going to jump in early, since I won't have time to play it immediately. I heard and saw enough about it that I'm willing to pay $12 to own it.

I'm a bit curious what else will unlock with the Monthly, since there are some other games on my list that got recent markdowns.

Do you guys know enough about the dev for Heat Signature, whether Gunpoint will see a price drop in the near future?

This is the historical sale data from isthereanydeal, as of July. It looks like it was on sale during the Summer Sale, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it drops.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    oh my god you guys the guild 3 actually came out

$30 Early Access tho

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Oh hey what's this? Galactic Field, a sci fi strategy game? And there is a Linux build? Sounds interesting let's take a closer look...
    vYnMxz8.png

Hmmm... I don't think that's how this works...

Drake on
  • Options
    Wow! Looks like there's a big Assassin's Creed sale on Steam now. Who was it a few days ago who wanted to dive into the other games? Looks like now is the time.

I'm half-tempted to pick up the three games I don't own yet, but then again it might be best to just stick with Rogue for now. It's only $6.79. That's the cheapest I've seen it so far.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Got no gaming done.

Did some art

Mainly headaches and work aches

I have a machine gun now in CAGED

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »

$30 Early Access tho

YOU HAVE COMMITTED A MURDER.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »

$30 Early Access tho

YOU HAVE COMMITTED A MURDER.

Guild 2 voices are confirmed

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Does Steam have a good bundle for Assassin's Creed? I was looking to play all the games in order since I only ever played 2 and I'm not finding a good bundle on the PSN store so I was hoping Steam would have something.

@stragint Right now. :D

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wow! Looks like there's a big Assassin's Creed sale on Steam now. Who was it a few days ago who wanted to dive into the other games? Looks like now is the time.

I'm half-tempted to pick up the three games I don't own yet, but then again it might be best to just stick with Rogue for now. It's only $6.79. That's the cheapest I've seen it so far.

The last one I played was Black Flag. I'm tempted by Rogue as well, but am curious if I should get Unity first.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    A couple of things about the AssCreed sale currently going on:
    • All the games from AssCreed on through to AssCreed III have been on sale before for 5 bucks apiece during big sales.
    • While some of the games allow you to buy the Season Pass for more murder funtimes, AssCreed Rogue you have to get the deluxe edition if you want all the fun bits.
    • The package for Chronicles is more expensive than buying each one separately.
    • Buying the Gold/Deluxe versions almost always gives you the Season Pass, i.e. all or 99% of the DLC, so for Black Flag that's stuff like the Standalone Freedom Cry as well as a bunch of cool looking stuff for your ship, for example. Generally, it's also cheaper than getting the two separate.

I think that's it.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Does Steam have a good bundle for Assassin's Creed? I was looking to play all the games in order since I only ever played 2 and I'm not finding a good bundle on the PSN store so I was hoping Steam would have something.

@stragint Right now. :D

For real, this is a sign. I gotta buy them.

This makes me feel better after buying the handsome collection and then seeing it on sale two days later.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Yeah. Make sure you don't already have Freedom Cry as Black Flag DLC if you're looking into buying it.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Wow, the AC bundle I was talking about 2 days ago is even cheaper than it ever was before. 35 bucks for the last 4 major Assassin's Creed games. I stand by my point, a pretty good deal.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Keep in mind that Brotherhood is currently missing from the franchise page but it's also on sale, you just have to search for it manually. It's the third game in the series before Revelations.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    • All the games from AssCreed on through to AssCreed III have been on sale before for 5 bucks apiece during big sales.
    • While some of the games allow you to buy the Season Pass for more murder funtimes, AssCreed Rogue you have to get the deluxe edition if you want all the fun bits.
    • Buying the Gold/Deluxe versions almost always gives you the Season Pass, i.e. all or 99% of the DLC, so for Black Flag that's stuff like the Standalone Freedom Cry as well as a bunch of cool looking stuff for your ship, for example. Generally, it's also cheaper than getting the two separate.

I think that's it.

Whoops. I went and bought the base Rogue game before seeing this post. Oh well, I'm just going to assume I'm not missing much with any of the extra DLC stuff.

• Options

I think that's it.

Whoops. I went and bought the base Rogue game before seeing this post. Oh well, I'm just going to assume I'm not missing much with any of the extra DLC stuff.

An extra couple of missions, and special treasure available only to the deluxe version after you beat those missions. Really, it's just the treasures, as I understand it, that are only available in the Deluxe Version.

Really, you could probably refund and get the higher tier if you really care about it.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Oh hey what's this? Galactic Field, a sci fi strategy game? And there is a Linux build? Sounds interesting let's take a closer look...
    vYnMxz8.png

Hmmm... I don't think that's how this works...

Yeah, you can run it in Linux, as long as you dual boot Windows.

In fact, you don't need Linux.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options

I think that's it.

An extra couple of missions, and special treasure available only to the deluxe version after you beat those missions. Really, it's just the treasures, as I understand it, that are only available in the Deluxe Version.

Really, you could probably refund and get the higher tier if you really care about it.

Eh, probably not worth the extra $4. None of that sounds like it's anywhere near Black Flag's Freedom Cry.

• Options

I think that's it.

Eh, probably not worth the extra $4. None of that sounds like it's anywhere near Black Flag's Freedom Cry.

Not that I know of. I think they're just a single extra stage each and some item BS.

Why their DLC weapons are usually useless makes no sense to me.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Beat CAGED, nice compact FPS action.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Pinball FX3 is out you guys! You get to keep most tables from FX2 so lets fill up those leaderboards and check out all the new features! :D

header.jpg

Oh shit, World War Hulk, here we go!
    I love that table for some reason. I have a shitload of tables and I never really played any of the others because of WWH.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Loaded up Pinball FX3, and one of the first things I did was disable the voice in the menus because holy shit that's annoying.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Got no gaming done.

Did some art

Mainly headaches and work aches

I have a machine gun now in CAGED

HO HO HO.

• Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hey gang, when's the last time you got stung by a wasp? I think it'd been 20 years, for me.
    Haha lemme tell ya: it sucks just as hard as I remember.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Hey gang, when's the last time you got stung by a wasp? I think it'd been 20 years, for me.

Wasp, huh?

u5Zwiwn.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Jaunty wrote: »

Been longer than that for me. I did have a scorpion fall on my shoulder as I was walking into the bathroom in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. Thankfully it didn't sting me! Always fun discovering the wildlife in a new town.

Oh right, this is the Steam thread! I've got over 140 hours clocked in Gunmetal Arcadia and I hate myself. It's just an easy game for me to play with the music off so I can listen to a podcast for half an hour while I (usually) beat the game again in my quest to get the last achievement. I'm pretty sure I said I was trying to be done with playing this game a while ago, but I keep going back. It is definitely not worth playing for that long. I just can't stop!

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wasps? Scorpions? House?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356