Lazily Posted Comic [chat]

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Started watching Babadook. (I'm still pretty early)
    This kid is a fucking nightmare.

it's pretty lame

steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2017
    hurgh i need to go to a doctor and explain my bum problems AUF DEUTSCH

*turns over*
    *points at bottom*
    *SEHEN HIER*

I did three years of German like 20 years ago so I am an expert and this checks out.

Echo on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I guess the new Star Trek show has started.

I'm trying to imagine how outraged and hysterical the criticisms of the first episode of TNG would have been had the internet been around back then as a receptacle into which TOS fans could vomit their yellow chunks of opinion. And that was an episode that was actually pretty iffy all round.

So far criticisms of Discovery seem to centre more around continuity, the conflicting levels of tech and the Klingon makeup. So I guess the actual show is pretty good?

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

it's pretty lame
    I thought it was pretty gay.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Whoops, missed it

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

it's pretty lame
    I thought it was pretty gay.

okay but

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Too soft for Donald Trump, who only does full contact sports without protective gear.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    started watching the good place

good place spoiler
    this show is a little frustrating because, like, obviously they're in hell

i mean i guessed that within five seconds of hearing the premise of the show, and then looked it up to confirm it, and then held off on watching the show because i figured it would be a little frustrating

Crimson King on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hm, y'know what, I think I'll make these hash browns tonight with just the usual seasoned salt mixed in, and hold off on making hash browns with cayenne pepper mixed in until after the open sores on the palms of my hands have healed.

cB557 on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

That is kind of the point of the film

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    hurgh i need to go to a doctor and explain my bum problems AUF DEUTSCH

*turns over*
    *points at bottom*
    *SEHEN HIER*

Do we want to know what these bum problems are?

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    dook dook dook

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Bogart wrote: »

I'm trying to imagine how outraged and hysterical the criticisms of the first episode of TNG would have been had the internet been around back then as a receptacle into which TOS fans could vomit their yellow chunks of opinion. And that was an episode that was actually pretty iffy all round.

So far criticisms of Discovery seem to centre more around continuity, the conflicting levels of tech and the Klingon makeup. So I guess the actual show is pretty good?

They changed klingons again? That's amazing. I'm in. Are they floating super intelligent slugs with a strong sense of honour?

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

They changed klingons again? That's amazing. I'm in. Are they floating super intelligent slugs with a strong sense of honour?

They just redesigned their appearance a bit. They've still got ridged foreheads and big teeth. Less hair, though. They look more like Chang in Star Trek VI than Worf.

An alien race displaying diversity of appearance? How unrealistic.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    the president... is bad

He humanized the NFL ownership and league management. Actual pieces of human shit. I think Trump has transcended bad.

They just redesigned their appearance a bit. They've still got ridged foreheads and big teeth. Less hair, though. They look more like Chang in Star Trek VI than Worf.

I was sort of hoping they'd just throw away continuity and maybe now use hyperdrive rather than warp and so on

I was sort of hoping they'd just throw away continuity and maybe now use hyperdrive rather than warp and so on

i was hoping we'd get a show about zefram cochrane and his wacky hijinks

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Well I'm done. That's a well-crafted film I'm never going to watch again.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades

now you have to go get caught up on your babadook memes
    sddefault.jpg
    3c6.png

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!

I don't think you can really call it well crafted. The concept is a good one, but everything about the writing, direction and production (i.e. crafting) is slightly shoddy.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    MrMister wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    OH MAN

WHAT A GOOD END TO THE SEASON @Jacobkosh

I know, right?!?!

I was legit fooled, too. I had thought the thing, because of reasons that you mentioned earlier, but then I had dismissed it because of other reasons because the show anticipated me trying to second-guess it.

I really like the prospect of a sitcom being written with the super-tight construction of a prestige drama. It's a whole new world!

I had no idea, partially because I was just treating it as a sitcom--I'm not going to go over incongruities with a fine toothed comb, this is fast-casual comedy!

Also, it's super clear that someone writing this show was a philosophy major before they went into comedy. I was hashtag triggered by What We Owe To Each Other making repeat--repeat!--appearances.

@MrMister

Fun theory I came up with mid-season 1 (that was subsequently shattered because of course it was)

The Good Place spoilers:
    After Jianyu confessed to Eleanor I noticed a thing: one of the bad things he had done was sell fake drugs. Oh my god, Eleanor also sold fake drugs! What if some weird glitch in the system made it so that selling fake drugs was actually worth some stupid amount of positive points?

There's no way that wasn't deliberate

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    started watching the good place

good place spoiler
    this show is a little frustrating because, like, obviously they're in hell

i mean i guessed that within five seconds of hearing the premise of the show, and then looked it up to confirm it, and then held off on watching the show because i figured it would be a little frustrating

So you spoiled yourself and that spoiled your experience...
    the president... is bad

What president?

fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2017
    I was trying to say something nice about it. I feel it was quite effective in what it set out to do. But I have no interest in ever watching it again.
    (Babadook)
    The ending was a bit too pat in my opinion. The kid has issues that are not going to be solved in two years let alone two weeks.

knitdan on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    waited a lot, took a blood test, waited some more

turns out I'm not dying, just got the flu that just timed itself to seem like it had something to do with my tooth but probably doesn't

ftOqU21.png
    I was trying to say something nice about it. I feel it was quite effective in what it set out to do. But I have no interest in ever watching it again.
    (Babadook)
    The ending was a bit too pat in my opinion. The kid has issues that are not going to be solved in two years let alone two weeks.
    The kid's issues aren't the point. It's about the mother dealing with blaming her own child for killing her husband and her kid sort of projecting the idea of his mum dealing with that to being a literal monster

Yeah I get that and it's not enough for me.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    have you ever wondered about what "to broach the subject" comes from?

https://youtu.be/MYI1slVGziU

ftOqU21.png
    I was annoyed with No Man's Sky for the first time in a while over the weekend. Part of the new plot involves travelling back to your base, which I hadn't done for months. I'm pretty sure the entire planet has changed from a lush, red-grassed world into a boiling hot desert in the meantime. What's more worrying is that inspite of my log telling me I've named every planet in this system when I look at the worlds in it they show as 'Undiscovered'. The permanence of the names I was giving things was part of what makes the game enjoyable. No one may ever see the names, but I know they're there. If I go back and they're not there any more the sense of exploration is lost.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    why does this hard drive have three recovery partitions

windows

what are you doing

aRkpc.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    why does this hard drive have three recovery partitions

windows

what are you doing

Being through.

Dude launches a Kickstarter trying to fund what he feels will be a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. He has a goal of $10,000.
    1. Researching and hiring viable coders, programmers, and volunteers.

That is most of it! Many many hours of programming and coding will need to go into this and I need to find and compensate the right individuals in order to motivate them and create a project deadline so that SMRPG 2 can become a reality in the near future.

The biggest risk to this project is a takedown notice from Nintendo, however, this can be avoided. With proper funding, I can consult appropriate parties to ensure this project is never at risk.

The early release backing has a target date of October 2018. But the higher tiers with such options as making a main character or NPC have a target date of March 2018.

So many things about this kickstarter are going to provide amusement for me.

Do Kickstarter just wave everything through now without checking on the legality or whatnot of every project?

Also obviously this person is a cretin. But I thought someone stood at the gate of Kickstarter making sure no cretins got in.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    With proper funding, I can consult appropriate parties to ensure this project is never at risk.

This has to be satire.

A legal team to fight off Nintendo should only cost, what, a thousand dollars, tops? That leaves nine thousand to spend on hardware, wages and benefits for employees to release a sequel to a first party prestige game. Should be plenty.

edited September 2017
    Do Kickstarter just wave everything through now without checking on the legality or whatnot of every project?

Also obviously this person is a cretin. But I thought someone stood at the gate of Kickstarter making sure no cretins got in.

It generally takes 2 to 3 days for them to review projects and they let them go live prior to that. Since the fund don't transfer till the completion date if funded they give the creators some slack. With some tech projects they generally don't do an IP check to make sure the creator has the appropriate rights. Mostly because that's a fucking nightmare for them. So likely the Nintendo C&D is what's gonna get them.

Thomamelas on
    They take a piece of everything the cretins raise don't they?

So why not make some free cash off the suckers?

This discussion has been closed.