As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    One of these days I'll have to watch this thing just to understand what any of you are talking about

You know that Dune video

It's like that, but funny

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    One of these days I'll have to watch this thing just to understand what any of you are talking about

You know that Dune video

What, this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

• Options

You know that Dune video

What, this one?

Yeah exactly!

Take that video, make the jokes funny and about Star Wars, and you've got Auralnauts

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    ohmygodohmygodohmygod

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

You know that Dune video

What, this one?

Yeah exactly!

Take that video, make the jokes funny and about Star Wars, and you've got Auralnauts

You sound like someone who drank all their suit water.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Should have listened to Paul.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    woof, star wars: battlefront is not having a good launch week, and it hasn't even launched

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrPPj3e2M-M

Speaking of Auralnauts' Star Wars stuff

there's a new one.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm watching the first one (Jedi Party) and how have I never seen this?

"We outran the space-cops and made 'em eat bass!"

And that bit with 3PO being awoken made me almost burst out of silent laughter into full blown hysterics!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

You know that Dune video

What, this one?

Yeah exactly!

You sound like someone who drank all their suit water.

I want to start using this as an insult.

Though I guess really it’s a compliment.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Fuck, I am DEAD. "Make sure everybody has Zimas!"

Edit: I promise not to quote the whole damn series in here. But god damn. This is ... wow. Just amazing.

Fawst on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    You've taken your first steps into a larger funnier world.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Zimas for everyone!

• Options
    auralnauts is great but I don't know if it ever gets better than zimas

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    auralnauts is great but I don't know if it ever gets better than zimas

what they do with the fight between obi wan and Anakin is better, imo

that's the peak of the series for me, though I haven't watched laser moon

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The gag with Luke and Regional Manager Darth Vader getting high together in ESB is Pretty Great.

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    "if this is what sobriety is like, i'm going to smoke a big fat sack of crack!" and "it's heroin" are both GOLD.

the plot to Laser Moon Awakens is also great, even if it has less standout lines.

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    C-3PO is one of the greatest achievements in parody. I have tears in my eyes. "THE SINGULARITY ENGINE!!!" Just done. This subforum's name will probably make me grin any time I read it from now on.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Creepio is one of the handful of voices I can credibly do

Shorty on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Shorty wrote: »
    Creepio is one of the handful of voices I can credibly do

I can only do one voice.

Skeletor.

Okay two voices.

Skeletor and the Squeaky Voice Teen from the simpsons.

To be fair my skeletor has nothing on @Goatmon 's skeletor, totally schooled me in one of those voice recording threads.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    EA has reduced the in-game cost for its hero characters by 75% in response to the torrent of criticism.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    EA has reduced the in-game cost for its hero characters by 75% in response to the torrent of criticism.

Now Darth Vader will only cost $50 to unlock!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    the other one I can do is Snagglepuss, which also doubles as a half-decent 21

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    battlefront 2 being a mess, transaction-wise, really sucks

i was hoping they'd gotten things right this time

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

oh yeah.

I can kinda do the Monarch.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'd gladly accept Battlefront 2 burning in flames if it teaches publishers a lesson about loot crates.

Unfortunately no one else will probably learn from this and it sucks for the people who worked very hard on the actual game part, which was beautiful and pretty neat.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »

oh yeah.

I can kinda do the Monarch.

yeah there's a lot of overlap between monarch and skeletor, it wouldn't surprise me to find out chris mcculloch is just doing his best skeletor impression

oh I can also do a real good droopy dog

that's it though

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Creepio’s voice is basically how I read Triple-Zero’s voice in the Marvel comics

• Options
    I'd gladly accept Battlefront 2 burning in flames if it teaches publishers a lesson about loot crates.

Unfortunately no one else will probably learn from this and it sucks for the people who worked very hard on the actual game part, which was beautiful and pretty neat.

yeah I'm hoping the glut of games that use it this year ends in implosion because it sucks from beginning to end.

• Options
    Like the Mos Eisley and Jakku maps were like breathtakingly amazing and I stopped several times just to stare at stuff.

It is a real shame this loot box stuff got stapled onto it.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Battlefront was just gonna be a rental for me anyway, I didn't play nearly enough of the first game to justify the purchase

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Creepio’s voice is basically how I read Triple-Zero’s voice in the Marvel comics
    Given how big of a nerd Keiron Gillen I will assume that is 100% working as intended

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Battlefront was just gonna be a rental for me anyway, I didn't play nearly enough of the first game to justify the purchase

This Battlefront is much, much better than the previous one. To the point that I went from playing the beta just to amuse my Star Wars-obsessed son, to actually pre-ordering a game I was sure I would never pay to play.

It would be better without the loot crates, but I can ignore that aspect pretty easily. The game itself is good enough for me to want to play it regardless.

• Options
    How ignorable is easily ignored? I haven't paid any attention to BF2, so I know very little about it. The first game was pretty, and I'm itching for a fun SW game. If it's as easy to ignore paying for things like it is in Destiny 2--hell, if it's even a QUARTER as easy as that--that should be OK. And the game is that fun, huh? Hmm, maybe I should check the G&T thread...

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    J9zyzAk.jpg

Yeah Battlefront sure seems like a thing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    J9zyzAk.jpg

I have no idea how something like that gets through any level of testing

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Ceno wrote: »
    J9zyzAk.jpg

I have no idea how something like that gets through any level of testing

FvcfIfs.jpg

The finger thing means the lootboxes

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah I loved the first one but I'm not a fan of the loot boxes and I'm not a huge fan of the in game points system either.

I'm not that great at video games, which is fine, but in this game, the only way to do the fun things is to be good at things. Earn in round points and then pay to play the cool stuff.

Which means I don't get to play any of the cool unique characters, and the people who do unlock them get extra points as it is easier to kill people and can pay to play more cool things.

In the beta I got to unlock a plane once. And since I hadn't managed to play it before I immediately got shot down.

And I know this is a somewhat common system, but it is one that I do not have fun with.

• Options
    actually battlefront funbucks are awarded based strictly on play time, so, it will still take you awhile, but it won't take you longer than anyone else

This discussion has been closed.