As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Seems like Heroes Vs Villains would be the mode that would put you in a bunch of different characters so you'd want to unlock them for elsewhere, but apparently not.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Shorty if you are talking to me, I am talking about the in round cost to play as a hero or pilot a ship. Those you have to pay per round by earning kills and stuff.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Shorty if you are talking to me, I am talking about the in round cost to play as a hero or pilot a ship. Those you have to pay per round by earning kills and stuff.

ah right, my mistake

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Now I gotta go back and rewatch the Auralnauts Star Wars videos again. THANKS!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And I know it wasn't super popular. But titanfall did it really well.

The good players got to do cool things all the time. But the average players also always got to do something cool.

When I played the beta it felt like I was fodder for one of the good players on the other team so they could do cool things, not me.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah that's how the first one felt for me

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    EA has reduced the in-game cost for its hero characters by 75% in response to the torrent of criticism.

Does that mean it won't take 40+ hours of grinding to unlock Vader now, or it will just cost less real money to pay to unlock him? Because one of those options was the correct response and the other misses the point entirely...

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Yeah, in the first one I constantly felt like I was getting killed by people with better gear or cards/abilities that I just couldn't compete against, or getting killed over and over by a hero unit - usually Boba Fett.

This one felt way better right from the first match. I unlock heroes or ships far more often, I feel far more competitive overall, and most importantly I actually enjoyed playing it all through beta as opposed to being angry over perceived inequities.

• Options
    EA has reduced the in-game cost for its hero characters by 75% in response to the torrent of criticism.

Does that mean it won't take 40+ hours of grinding to unlock Vader now, or it will just cost less real money to pay to unlock him? Because one of those options was the correct response and the other misses the point entirely...

It will also take (assuming your number is right) forty hours to unlock Vader.

One dude.

If you want another dude (or lady) that is another forty hours of grinding.

• Options
    And there are like five top tier heros.

The are also a bunch of lower heros as I understand it.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Thanks for quickly unselling me on BF2! And without any sarcasm at all, I appreciate it. That system sounds absolutely absurd.

So you can pay cash money to unlock characters, or you can play for forty hours per?

Go fuck yourself, EA.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It will also take (assuming your number is right) forty hours to unlock Vader.

One dude.

If you want another dude (or lady) that is another forty hours of grinding.

Ha ha wow, fuck that. I don't even want the game for free.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Yeah, in the first one I constantly felt like I was getting killed by people with better gear or cards/abilities that I just couldn't compete against, or getting killed over and over by a hero unit - usually Boba Fett.

This one felt way better right from the first match. I unlock heroes or ships far more often, I feel far more competitive overall, and most importantly I actually enjoyed playing it all through beta as opposed to being angry over perceived inequities.
    Those inequalities aren't perceived though, the advantages you obtain via the progression system are objective.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I was only going to rent this game to play the campaign anyway

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I was only going to rent this game to play the campaign anyway

Yeah I'm gonna play through it as Space Janina Gavankar and call it a day

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Blue map wrote: »

Those inequalities aren't perceived though, the advantages you obtain via the progression system are objective.

Oh, there are absolutely advantages obtained through the progression in Battlefront 2015 and Battlefront 2. But I wasn't always sure whether it was a matter of progression system advantages or not, hence my use of perceived.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    J9zyzAk.jpg

Yeah Battlefront sure seems like a thing

Wow

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Blue map wrote: »

Oh, there are absolutely advantages obtained through the progression in Battlefront 2015 and Battlefront 2. But I wasn't always sure whether it was a matter of progression system advantages or not, hence my use of perceived.
    Oh, fair enough.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

It means they lowered the earnable in game currency cost of all heroes by 75%. So Vader and Luke are 15k credits or whatever now and that apparently makes it easier to unlock them.

I don’t know what the credit earning rate is so I’m not sure how drastic this change is.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

It means they lowered the earnable in game currency cost of all heroes by 75%. So Vader and Luke are 15k credits or whatever now and that apparently makes it easier to unlock them.

I don’t know what the credit earning rate is so I’m not sure how drastic this change is.

It will still take like ten hours to unlock one of them if my testing is accurate. I was a medium to good player during the trial as well.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    I'm watching the first one (Jedi Party) and how have I never seen this?

"We outran the space-cops and made 'em eat bass!"

And that bit with 3PO being awoken made me almost burst out of silent laughter into full blown hysterics!

I eagerly await your discovery of "Baby Time!"

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    “It is impossible to stay mad at you”

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    God those are so great.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    thank you magic trash caaan

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I'll never not laugh at the "I've quadrupled my flip power" "no you haven't" exchange.

That's my favorite line, but even better is that they cut out the scenes of Obi-Wan swinging at him so it looks likes he failed so hard he lost all his limbs.

• Options
    "Sir!"

What?
    "Sir!"

What?
    "Sir!"

What?
    "Sir!"

What?
    "Sir!"

WHAT?!?
    "Nothing to report, sir."

Aww, you guys are dicks!
    *chuckling*
    *giggles*
    *snickering*

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've heard legends of a taco... made entirely out of Dorito

• Options
    "Now get out of here, you bunch of... muscly... punks!

Did that sound weird?"

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I hear Alderaan is beautiful this time of year

the most beautiful thing you've ever seen

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Did that sound weird?"

HAHA WOW I was just at this point in the video when I read your comment. It was like an echo. Goddamn are these good.

"we're not talkin' about Butts here Duke, we're talkin' about ASS!"

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

Did that sound weird?"

HAHA WOW I was just at this point in the video when I read your comment. It was like an echo. Goddamn are these good.

"we're not talkin' about Butts here Duke, we're talkin' about ASS!"

Yeah that one pilot being obsessed with ass always makes me laugh.

• Options
    Spoiler for Attack of the Phantom Past
    The fucking Rickrolls get me rolling each time

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Yeah I loved the first one but I'm not a fan of the loot boxes and I'm not a huge fan of the in game points system either.

I'm not that great at video games, which is fine, but in this game, the only way to do the fun things is to be good at things. Earn in round points and then pay to play the cool stuff.

Which means I don't get to play any of the cool unique characters, and the people who do unlock them get extra points as it is easier to kill people and can pay to play more cool things.

In the beta I got to unlock a plane once. And since I hadn't managed to play it before I immediately got shot down.

And I know this is a somewhat common system, but it is one that I do not have fun with.

In the beta I got to play as Rey once

For the last 15 seconds of a match

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

It will still take like ten hours to unlock one of them if my testing is accurate. I was a medium to good player during the trial as well.

and that's 10 hours assuming you don't use any credits for upgrade packs

have fun spending 50 hours unlocking all the dudes while your base classes are weak af

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    dear god

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    God they look like screen captures that had some sort of filter applied over them.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It's weird because Larroca usually ain't near that bad
    69wzyu8ilk7b.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I mean, all I can see is Arthur in that last panel, so...

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It's weird because Larroca usually ain't near that bad
    69wzyu8ilk7b.jpg

you mean he usually hides the fact that he's drawing over movie screenshots better

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.