Options

[Freedom of the Press] Fascists really don't like it, but y'know, too bad.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Kick him off twitter and watch how quick he starts doing press conferences himself.

More like watch how quick he goes on a tantrum and tries to have the CEO/Random employees from Twitter arrested and tried.

During a press conference :rotate:

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kick him off twitter and watch how quick he starts doing press conferences himself.

Has he done one of those big freewheeling Obama pressers since that disastrous one right after the election?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Has he done one of those big freewheeling Obama pressers since that disastrous one right after the election?
    Does the one a couple days after Charlottesville count? The one with "on both sides" in the elevator lobby of what I'm assuming is Trump Tower, where the sound pickup was atrocious (and I don't mean because it was picking up his words). Cause that was pretty freewheeling, until the wheels came off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alc_x49hLuw

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    An update from the leader of the free world sworn to defend and uphold the Constitution from enemies at home and abroad:

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm curious if this will be televised.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Jesus jumped up Christ the level of pettiness going on. He thinks he's on a TV show still.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    An update from the leader of the free world sworn to defend and uphold the Constitution from enemies at home and abroad:

I can't believe this is fucking america. This isn't third world dictator shit, this is "I'm a cartoonishly evil villain from a future dystopia thought up in the 80s"

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Can we throw 2018 in the trash yet?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    But here is the truthful media, obviously ...

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Won't this essentially be a badge of honor for any news organization who "wins" it, considering that the public still views media as more trustworthy than him?

• Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I can't believe this is fucking america. This isn't third world dictator shit, this is "I'm a cartoonishly evil villain from a future dystopia thought up in the 80s"

No, this is the behavior of a child

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    At the very least it's a useful barometer of which news orgs he's afraid of.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

JoeUser wrote: »

Do I even want to know what was "discussed" tonight?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Good chance Monday passes and nothing happens.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Oh, don't get too excited just yet. It's just his first working day of the year. Still 80 or 90 more depending on golfing conditions.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Unhelpful nihilism is unhelpful nihilism. Posts that look at whatever drivel Trump has posted and state this whole two day old year is garbage we should all climb into a rocket and fire ourselves into the sun are not welcome.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Dunder wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

No, this is the behavior of a child

Technically a reality show star, but that's just repeating what you posted.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular

So... it's Wednesday. Did he actually post anything? Or was this just another "I'm totally going to sue you..." type of thing?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Selner wrote: »

So... it's Wednesday. Did he actually post anything? Or was this just another "I'm totally going to sue you..." type of thing?

next monday, he posted that on tuesday

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »

next monday, he posted that on tuesday

Wow, a full week ahead of time. I don't think he has the attention span to remember something he tweeted that long ago.

I imagine he's already got the list, and has passed it off to some flunky to post on Monday.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

2017 managed to end with a different guy in the Oval Office than it started with. I'm still inclined to give 2018 a chance to follow suit.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Not only is he seemingly really doing this, he wants time to make a bigger production out of it. To me this feels like he's completely given up on governance and is seeking comfort by spending all his time on what's familiar to him instead - putting on a reality TV show. The good news is I can't imagine this will help him in any way. Even his base have been living in this country all their lives and have never seen anything like this before, surely some of them will have doubts about what he's doing with his time.

Zek on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

Not only is he seemingly really doing this, he wants time to make a bigger production out of it. To me this feels like he's completely given up on governance and is seeking comfort by spending all his time on what's familiar to him instead - putting on a reality TV show. The good news is I can't imagine this will help him in any way. Even his base have been living in this country all their lives and have never seen anything like this before, surely some of them will have doubts about what he's doing with his time.

Heh .... nope

I'm betting he's having trouble finding a place to show it

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »

Heh .... nope

I'm betting he's having trouble finding a place to show it

Yup. If he had a venue he would've announced it right off. Even the conservative outlets probably don't want potential liability from hosting an event where they accuse competitors of being liars with presidential approval.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I’m sure Fox News will show it. I get the feeling he’s going to try and have actual presenters and multiple categories. This is possibly the most insane thing he’s done so far and he bragged about the size of his Nuke button less than a week ago.

Also, he wants to broaden libel laws because of course he does. He’s said in the past how much he wants to shut down press outlets that are “mean” to him, let’s see where this goes.

• Options
    If we had stronger libel laws, Trump would be broke from the lawsuits levied against him.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I don’t think Trump understands that his fake news awards are being talked about because everyone thinks he’s a joke and outlets and talk show hosts would be proud to be considered the fakest news by his standards.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    If he actually uses government resources to do this I'm going to fall out of my chair and through the floor.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure his dumb awards are just going to be a series of tweets.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Stronger libel laws would mean no more of his childish nicknames.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    If he actually uses government resources to do this I'm going to fall out of my chair and through the floor.

What, you think he's going to use his own money?

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure his dumb awards are just going to be a series of tweets.

I'm hoping for an elaborate shoebox stage production and barbie dolls, personally.

He just had to delay because no one predicted the consequences of the President using glue and glitter on the oval office floor

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    that is like terrifyingly petty

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    He retweeted a piece about how his presidency is obviously better than a hypothetical Clinton presidency. Petty is extremely charitable at this point.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    wtb4jh86vycz.jpeg

Colbert and CBS bought time on the billboards in Times Square to run this ad.

Godbless.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Goodnight and good luck

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    wtb4jh86vycz.jpeg

Godbless.

See, Trump says people are talking about his dumb awards, but it’s always in this kind of context or just discussing how damn strange the entire idea is. I’ve yet to see one Trump supporter jazzed up about this and how Trump is really gonna stick it to the liberal media with his awards.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    wtb4jh86vycz.jpeg

Godbless.

See, Trump says people are talking about his dumb awards, but it’s always in this kind of context or just discussing how damn strange the entire idea is. I’ve yet to see one Trump supporter jazzed up about this and how Trump is really gonna stick it to the liberal media with his awards.

we dont travel in their circles, so I don't really know if anyone is pumped about this.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I’m sure Fox News will show it. I get the feeling he’s going to try and have actual presenters and multiple categories. This is possibly the most insane thing he’s done so far and he bragged about the size of his Nuke button less than a week ago.

Also, he wants to broaden libel laws because of course he does. He’s said in the past how much he wants to shut down press outlets that are “mean” to him, let’s see where this goes.

It wouldn't actually matter, as a public figure, they could make an iron fisted libel law and he still couldn't make a case. It's a precedent set by the Supreme court multiple times over, not by lawmakers.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I just realized he switched to Wednesday because someone told him his base would be watching the football game on Monday and he'd get killed in the ratings.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades