As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I really <3 my Mananan.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the FWC handcannon True Prophecy is comparable to Better Devils, though it's probably harder to find since we're not in a faction rally

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, the clan bonus that occasionally gives faction tokens gave me a Dead Orbit one the other day.
    GG game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Risk Runner is really good for the taken blight event. I once unloaded into the blight for the entire duration without letting up on trigger.

Three shots of Wardiff Coil will spawn the Heroic if you're on your lonesome.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the FWC handcannon True Prophecy is comparable to Better Devils, though it's probably harder to find since we're not in a faction rally

Yeah the only difference is Better Devils bullets explode on contact while True Prophecy explodes after a second.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Yeah the only difference is Better Devils bullets explode on contact while True Prophecy explodes after a second.

TP rounds only explode if they're attached to an enemy. BD rounds explode if they hit a wall behind the enemy and still do damage.

• Options

Better Devils is faster at 150 RPM, to True Prophecy's 110, also the reload speed of True Prophecy is glacial by comparison.

I really wanted to like True Prophecy because it was quirky but as it stands I don't think it's fair to say they're comparable.

• Options

I think that the total damage output is about the same but True Prophecy is bigger, slower, and harder to control

it's a really good gun but I think Better Devils is slightly better, especially in the crucible (though I don't have a Devils myself so I can't say for sure)

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I've shied away from handcannons in the crucible either way, I don't think they're particularly good

that said, the last Iron Banner handcannon (The Steady Hand) was pretty fantastic.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    for the Taken blight event, you have to duck into the smaller blight bubbles for a second, then pop out, this gives you a 4 second buff where you can shoot and damage the larger blight sphere. do enough damage to the large sphere and it triggers the heroic. shooting the smaller bubbles until they die prevents anyone from damaging the larger sphere.. that's what noobies do. I just watched someone pop their super inside the single bubble at the start of the event, killing it instantly.

I try different weapons but I keep coming back to (for PVE) Nameless Midnight/Sunshot/Blue Shift. Sweet Business, Coldheart, and a sword for situational stuff maybe. I don't have any of the raid weapons tho.

Scout rifles are great to begin with and Nameless is just like cheating... Sunshot can not be beat I think for clearing groups of adds that are rushing you (where its too close for rockets).

jwalk on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    wait, the smaller blights are shootable? I thought it was just add killing that progressed it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    if you are inside the smaller bubbles, yes the small spheres inside there are damageable. pretty sure that's how you clear the non-heroic version - just kill all the small blights. I always kill the adds inside the bubbles (again Sunshot rules), but avoid killing the small bubble-spheres. duck out and shoot the large sphere. this video explains it pretty well.

jwalk on
  • Options
    I've tried a bunch of loadouts and the one that I continue to have the most fun with is true prophecy/riskrunner/complex solution

I also have a rocket launcher for certain strikes where the sword isn't going to get much use

• Options
    My usual load out is
    Kinetic: (Whichever Hand Cannon I feel like that day)
    Energy: Uriel's Gift
    Power: Merciless

There's basically no boss I don't want merciless for.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Thanks for the PC usernames all! I'm on my phone atm, but when I get home I'll update the OP.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm hard for Hard Light

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    hard light is really good

I wish you could change the element without menuing, though

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Aggressive archetype handcannons have the same optimal TTK as precision archetype auto rifles, though their body shot TTK is really bad. The adaptive archetype has the second worst optimal TTK in the game, and the lightweight archetype has the same optimal as the lightweight scout rifle archetype but its range means it'll be competing with weapons that kill faster than that more often than not. However, their high alpha/low shots to kill means good teamfire with hand cannons can be quite deadly. The aggressive archetype takes from 2 crit 1 body to three crits to kill, the adaptive archetype takes from 1 crit 3 body to 2 crit 2 body, and the lightweight archetype takes from 2 crit 2 body to 3 crit 1 body. So, if your whole team is using hand cannons and you're all coordinating really well, it's possible to just blow enemies up instantly with one volley from your team.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I’ve been rolling with Origin Story and Sunshot, and I think a shotgun for a power weapon but I always forget power weapons exist.

Man it’s a real bummer that they limit your equipped exotics.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    If anyone is stuck on a Mida kinetic, assault rifle energy setup, but wants to play around with some of the pretty good kinetic assault rifles (but with a scout option), try out the Tone Patrol scout rifle in the energy slot. It's really, really good - and works in PVE too.

My usual setup is kinetic Origon Story (or the Iron Banner ar), Tone Patrol, and either a decent sword or rocket launcher. Though, if I want to fuck around, the Baligant shotgun is fun.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    If anyone is stuck on a Mida kinetic, assault rifle energy setup, but wants to play around with some of the pretty good kinetic assault rifles (but with a scout option), try out the Tone Patrol scout rifle in the energy slot. It's really, really good - and works in PVE too.

My usual setup is kinetic Origon Story (or the Iron Banner ar), Tone Patrol, and either a decent sword or rocket launcher. Though, if I want to fuck around, the Baligant shotgun is fun.

For energy scouts I also really dig the Manannan SR4 (explosive rounds), and the Black Scorpion (it's full auto).

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Pleiades Corrector is also a good energy scout rifle.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Is Conspirator any good? I got one thanks to the raiders.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Is Conspirator any good? I got one thanks to the raiders.

Meh. The range on it isn't what I want with a scout.

• Options
    It's the lightweight archetype, dragonfly is fun, and full auto and ambitious assassin are both perks that compliment its archetype pretty well. I like it.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    What dies the range stat indicate, exactly?

• Options
    Damage falloff, how far out you'll have aim assist, and increasing it will also increase accuracy.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Damage falloff, how far out you'll have aim assist, and increasing it will also increase accuracy.

To add to that don't compare the Range stat between classes of weapons. The shortest distance Scout Rifle is still going to have a much farther falloff point than the longest Range Auto Rifle.

• Options
    user wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

To add to that don't compare the Range stat between classes of weapons. The shortest distance Scout Rifle is still going to have a much farther falloff point than the longest Range Auto Rifle.

That said, Auto Rifles really got a boost on range this game.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    user wrote: »

Better Devils is faster at 150 RPM, to True Prophecy's 110, also the reload speed of True Prophecy is glacial by comparison.

I really wanted to like True Prophecy because it was quirky but as it stands I don't think it's fair to say they're comparable.

True Prophecy will kill a normal pve dude in a single hit anywhere on the body. Better Devils will not. This is why I keep it around

Also I finally hit 300 light!

Cayde gave me those rocket pants for the flashpoint that was 304 but I already had them at a lower level and don't like them so I put them into my rad purple pants.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    yeah true prophecy kills dregs, thralls, and shanks with a single bodyshot

that's pretty important

• Options

that's pretty important

Plus it is just fun running past those dudes as they explode after you shot them.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    so saw some people interested in a raid this weekdays... Dunno how the weekdays works for people. Thought I'd throw something up and see if can get bites.

Wednesday 5PM PST. Can move it an hour earlier if people want

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1073580

@Maximum
    @Lasbrook
    @Vann Diras
    @#pipe
    @WheatBun01

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    My partner and I are down to go if there's room for the both of us, so if you need two people we're both game! Otherwise we'll probably spend the night together doing the nightfall or something

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I requested a clan invite, HeyItsBeeb#1133 on PC.

Not entirely sure how much I'll play soon since I'm getting Odyssey on Friday, but I'll be around.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm down, moving it an hour earlier wouldn't work for me though.

• Options

that's pretty important

Better Devils also does this.

• Options
    I'm down for wednesday afternoon also

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »

that's pretty important

Better Devils also does this.

It does not for me unless it is in the head.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    this is the best game

PC version is insanely beautiful

Xehalus#1695

Xehalus on
This discussion has been closed.