As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    @Lasbrook I'm jumping on now, let's dig up a third and do this damn thing. @Vann Diras you game right now? :)

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I'd be down to try it like now, rest of my day is pretty full though.

I could do it now if you can find a third

• Options
    Hash prestige is 300+, you got a character that's there?

• Options
    Turns out I don't!
    Sorry about that guys

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Cleared prestige NF with a couple LFG randos with 1 second in the clock. Everyone was dead but a pulse grenade chipped the last sliver of life off right before time ran out. Pretty intense.

Edit: also pretty sure I'm never doing a prestige nightfall again lol. This week's nightfall is the most fun modifier and even with infinite grenades the time window in the prestige was brutal. Wouldn't want to even try on a worse strike. Plus like... You don't get any better loot so why put yourself through it?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So any other PC people hype for release? Wanna trade them B-net infos? QuantumTurk #1711 is mine. Add me! I don't actually know how destiny works aside from shootymans get guns, so I'll be GREAT to play with!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Just work some punchymans get swanky capes in there and you'll be fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    technically knifeymans get capes. Punchy ones get butt towels.

There, now I've ruined my own joke.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmmm. Hmmm. I had not even THOUGHT about what class to play. Any strong feelings or "go with what looks cool and it will probably work out"? I also wonder if this is worth forcing onto the SSD. Are there frequent loads or is it pretty good once you are in a level/instance/whatever it has? (I know PC may be very different in this regard but I figure the frequency of chunks is likely similar, or maybe a little better on PC)

• Options
    Hmmm. Hmmm. I had not even THOUGHT about what class to play. Any strong feelings or "go with what looks cool and it will probably work out"? I also wonder if this is worth forcing onto the SSD. Are there frequent loads or is it pretty good once you are in a level/instance/whatever it has? (I know PC may be very different in this regard but I figure the frequency of chunks is likely similar, or maybe a little better on PC)

Play as a Titan and take advantage of double pulse grenades being wildly op

• Options

On my PS4 at least, it takes a while to load initially, but once logged in, switching characters and changing zones isn't too onerous. For fireteam stuff like PvP or strikes you're probably going to be synced to the slowest player.

Also, you can bring up your character menu and fiddle with gear or whatever at very nearly any point, even while loading.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You'll probably end up playing multiple classes. I've got probably 7 or 8 hours on my 2nd, a Hunter, and she's already the same power level as my Warlock after like 60 hours.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Cleared prestige NF with a couple LFG randos with 1 second in the clock. Everyone was dead but a pulse grenade chipped the last sliver of life off right before time ran out. Pretty intense.

Edit: also pretty sure I'm never doing a prestige nightfall again lol. This week's nightfall is the most fun modifier and even with infinite grenades the time window in the prestige was brutal. Wouldn't want to even try on a worse strike. Plus like... You don't get any better loot so why put yourself through it?

I think there's a POSSIBILITY of additional loot but no guarantees.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »

I don't need additional loot, i need different or better loot. Of which there is none available in the game currently aside from raid stuff. So I did the hard thing once for the trophy, and now I won't do it again. I'm fine doing fun things for no possible rewards, but when the thing is frustrating and hard as shit and then also you don't get anything out of it well...

• Options

I don't need additional loot, i need different or better loot. Of which there is none available in the game currently aside from raid stuff. So I did the hard thing once for the trophy, and now I won't do it again. I'm fine doing fun things for no possible rewards, but when the thing is frustrating and hard as shit and then also you don't get anything out of it well...

You got a temporary blue glowy crown!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    As for classes I'm a huge fan of hunters. In my opinion they easily out-style everyone in most categories, except maybe warlocks get some sweet looking robes.

Hunters get a triple jump that feels familiar if you play platformers. They're very mobile, and while the other classes can sometimes get a little farther or a little higher with their jumps, hunters are the best at recovering from mistakes or adjusting to unexpected stuff midair.

2/3 of their subclasses knife dudes in the face with their basic melee. One of the subclasses can throw a knife as their melee power, and can spec it to recharge on a knife headshot, so you can run around oneshotting mooks with expertly thrown knives and feel like a super badass.

Their supers are pretty good in PvE. The arc super, (especially with the Raiden Flux exotic chest you can get from the story missions) is good at roaming around cleaning up trash. Shadowshot is also pretty good at trash (especially with the Orpheus Rig exotic legs) and okayish at single target. It used to be so good on bosses it was practically required in Destiny 1. Golden gun is great on bosses, again, especially if you have the supporting exotic. In this case, Celestial Nighthawk.

Unfortunately, their supers are pretty weak in PvP. They all have a relatively long wind up, so you have to activate from a safe place, then go find someone to kill before it wears off. Their grenades are also lacking compared to the other classes. And they have a very limited selection of armors that give recovery, which is basically the most important stat in PvP.

That said don't let anyone (probably not here. We're reasonable mostly) tell you not to play one because they suck. Recently I've heard of PUG raid groups flat out refusing hunters entry because the internet is doing that thing where something that isn't optimal is "terrible". I've beaten the raid in a group with 3 hunters. They're pretty good. In fact in my group the hunters have been topping the damage on the last boss consistently. Also they're great at the obstacle course event.

This has been me evangelizing and defending my favorite class. I'll let someone cover the others, which are also fun and cool.

But not as cool as hunters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Such a wasted opportunity, that temporary crown. Make it permanent and change colors based on how many prestige Nightfall you've beaten or something. Anything really, instead of a thing that goes away at the weekly reset.

• Options
    Oops I left out the most important thing.
    The Hunter NPC is Nathan Fillion.

I mean, voiced by Nathan Fillion.

But basically also him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As for classes I'm a huge fan of hunters. In my opinion they easily out-style everyone in most categories, except maybe warlocks get some sweet looking robes.

Hunters get a triple jump that feels familiar if you play platformers. They're very mobile, and while the other classes can sometimes get a little farther or a little higher with their jumps, hunters are the best at recovering from mistakes or adjusting to unexpected stuff midair.

2/3 of their subclasses knife dudes in the face with their basic melee. One of the subclasses can throw a knife as their melee power, and can spec it to recharge on a knife headshot, so you can run around oneshotting mooks with expertly thrown knives and feel like a super badass.

Their supers are pretty good in PvE. The arc super, (especially with the Raiden Flux exotic chest you can get from the story missions) is good at roaming around cleaning up trash. Shadowshot is also pretty good at trash (especially with the Orpheus Rig exotic legs) and okayish at single target. It used to be so good on bosses it was practically required in Destiny 1. Golden gun is great on bosses, again, especially if you have the supporting exotic. In this case, Celestial Nighthawk.

Unfortunately, their supers are pretty weak in PvP. They all have a relatively long wind up, so you have to activate from a safe place, then go find someone to kill before it wears off. Their grenades are also lacking compared to the other classes. And they have a very limited selection of armors that give recovery, which is basically the most important stat in PvP.

That said don't let anyone (probably not here. We're reasonable mostly) tell you not to play one because they suck. Recently I've heard of PUG raid groups flat out refusing hunters entry because the internet is doing that thing where something that isn't optimal is "terrible". I've beaten the raid in a group with 3 hunters. They're pretty good. In fact in my group the hunters have been topping the damage on the last boss consistently. Also they're great at the obstacle course event.

This has been me evangelizing and defending my favorite class. I'll let someone cover the others, which are also fun and cool.

But not as cool as hunters.

Cool. It's now between all three classes again. I had ruled out hunters because of reading they need to aim more gooder, and I just...don't play a lot of FPS.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    From a game play perspective the 3 classes are all very similar, since 99% of the time you'll be shooting stuff.

Basically, just choose whatever you think looks the coolest.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a way to check the challenges for an activity from the director screen

It'd be nice to know if I need a particular damage type or spec before I'm thrown right into a crucible match or strike

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    if anyone's interested in a nightfall i'm online

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, golden gun requires a fair bit more aiming than the other Supers by virtue of having almost no AoE*. But supering is relatively rare compared to just firing guns.

*if you graze someone in PvP with the bullet its possible to damage but not kill them which is kind of horseshit since i think it may be literally the only super which does that.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    golden gun is actually very good in PVP but much more stressful than other supers

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Yeah, you can totally murderate folk with it. You just gotta hit em.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yeah especially with the perk tree that gives you extra shots and makes it easier to hit with golden gun, you can walk in and clear a point just dumpin bullets

the real trick is figuring out when the best time to activate is, because you sure don't want to do it in front of anyone because they'll gun you down quick. but gosh that timer is short

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Something happened to mobility between Destiny 1 year 1 and now in Destiny 2 and it only affects walk speed and maybe strafe speed and the first jump

It used to be the hunters stat and it doesn't do a goddamned thing

• Options
    Such a wasted opportunity, that temporary crown. Make it permanent and change colors based on how many prestige Nightfall you've beaten or something. Anything really, instead of a thing that goes away at the weekly reset.

100% agree.

A permanent aura would have been great.

Maybe they'll put it in the eververse some day.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    yeah especially with the perk tree that gives you extra shots and makes it easier to hit with golden gun, you can walk in and clear a point just dumpin bullets

the real trick is figuring out when the best time to activate is, because you sure don't want to do it in front of anyone because they'll gun you down quick. but gosh that timer is short

I actually haven't bought the six shot upgrade. There's only 4 people on a team anyway. I'd rather have less timer pressure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

the prestige nightfall grants you a legendary engram that is powerful gear leveled the first time you complete it each week

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »

I actually haven't bought the six shot upgrade. There's only 4 people on a team anyway. I'd rather have less timer pressure.

The top tree, but don't buy the six shot upgrade is the best tree for gunslinger

But I already bought it

• Options

the prestige nightfall grants you a legendary engram that is powerful gear leveled the first time you complete it each week

I can get 4 powerful engrams a week doing things that aren't really really hard, what's the motivation to get one more by smashing my fingers in a car door? I mean I'm already at 305 it's not like these engrams are getting me anything either way at this point...

• Options

I can get 4 powerful engrams a week doing things that aren't really really hard, what's the motivation to get one more by smashing my fingers in a car door? I mean I'm already at 305 it's not like these engrams are getting me anything either way at this point...

okay then why are you asking for better loot? I'm pretty confused. The Prestige Nightfall isn't for everyone and that's fine! But it does give you better loot. That's what your first point was.

• Options
    You can change skills after, right? Or are you stuck with what you pick?

• Options
    If you mean in the middle of the game? You can swap whatever you want

In Trials of Osiris and the Prestige nightfall your gear and skills are locked in.

• Options
    You can change skills after, right? Or are you stuck with what you pick?

Once you unlock stuff, it's unlocked

But you can change which tree is active

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    you can change skills / subclasses.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    December's not far off. We should be getting a bunch of new loots then.

Until then, I'm content playing a couple of hours a week, getting some clan engrams, maybe filling in as an alternate on a raid if needed.

I hope they go a little bit in the other direction for Curse of Osiris. I appreciated the ease of getting what I wanted with the base game, but I never felt that I had to work for anything. I don't want full D1 levels of bullshit, but a few things to grind out would help keep me logging in.

• Options

okay then why are you asking for better loot? I'm pretty confused. The Prestige Nightfall isn't for everyone and that's fine! But it does give you better loot. That's what your first point was.

No it gives the same loot as many other way way easier activities, and at a certain point that loot is pointless either way. So outside of having done it once to say you did it why bother with something that isn't fun?

• Options
    Woooo pre-loadinggggg

This discussion has been closed.