Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Do you know the name of the sword? It Stared Back gains damage on consecutive sword strikes and landing three strikes within a short time grants ammo. I haven't really messed with it but maybe they got on a really good tear and kept triggering both abilities?

I have no idea. I'm brand spanking new to the series and didn't even know there was a sword you could put in that slot. I thought it was a supercharge thing.

yeah it's a power weapon like rocket launchers or shotguns

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Yeah what's the deal with the PC Clan?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I think I'll just stay away from the crucible like I had planned...

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I continue to wish that Destiny gave me the same kind of MMO experience as FF14 does. With FF14 I can do a wide variety of daily dungeons that'll get me tokens I can trade in for the second-best item-level gear in the game. And the raid is challenging to doable in a pretty reasonable amount of time with a casual group.

In Destiny 2, the strikes quickly become fairly useless for light-level grinding. Heck, the raid and milestones become the only things that seem to matter, and I have yet to see a weekly Powerful Engram reward for doing strikes (it's pretty much just the Nightfall strike that matters for that). Even if there was a weekly strike reward, there isn't enough strike variety, so that'd get old pretty quickly, too. Also, the engrams are completely random, so I can't even be sure I'll get something useful (see: the six goddamn Sunshots and Coldhearts I've decrypted so far).

And the raid--while fun in its own way--requires extreme precision and is very punishing of mistakes, which makes it basically impossible for me to say, "Hey wanna just do a raid run today?" when I get home from work. It's gotta be a whole thing that I need to set aside a good chunk of time for, and every time I think of getting it done on another character I get tired even thinking of the effort that'll be required.

It's a fun game and all, but it doesn't have the right content balance to get me coming back every week. I already haven't booted it up for two weeks.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Do you know the name of the sword? It Stared Back gains damage on consecutive sword strikes and landing three strikes within a short time grants ammo. I haven't really messed with it but maybe they got on a really good tear and kept triggering both abilities?

With any sword at all it pays to maximize the ammo when selecting it's perks, as even the lowest 'Impact' sword possible still one shots someone at 10 Resilience, in the Crucible, and doing so gets you a few more slashes per Power Ammo pick up.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I continue to wish that Destiny gave me the same kind of MMO experience as FF14 does. With FF14 I can do a wide variety of daily dungeons that'll get me tokens I can trade in for the second-best item-level gear in the game. And the raid is challenging to doable in a pretty reasonable amount of time with a casual group.

In Destiny 2, the strikes quickly become fairly useless for light-level grinding. Heck, the raid and milestones become the only things that seem to matter, and I have yet to see a weekly Powerful Engram reward for doing strikes (it's pretty much just the Nightfall strike that matters for that). Even if there was a weekly strike reward, there isn't enough strike variety, so that'd get old pretty quickly, too. Also, the engrams are completely random, so I can't even be sure I'll get something useful (see: the six goddamn Sunshots and Coldhearts I've decrypted so far).

And the raid--while fun in its own way--requires extreme precision and is very punishing of mistakes, which makes it basically impossible for me to say, "Hey wanna just do a raid run today?" when I get home from work. It's gotta be a whole thing that I need to set aside a good chunk of time for, and every time I think of getting it done on another character I get tired even thinking of the effort that'll be required.

It's a fun game and all, but it doesn't have the right content balance to get me coming back every week. I already haven't booted it up for two weeks.

Yeah but you need to play extra money to play FF14 with me, whereas with Destiny 2 we're on the same server *3*

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yeah but you need to play extra money to play FF14 with me, whereas with Destiny 2 we're on the same server *3*

But I can't be a catgirl in Destiny or live in a sweet house and the glamour system doesn't even exist so what's even the point

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I have no idea. I'm brand spanking new to the series and didn't even know there was a sword you could put in that slot. I thought it was a supercharge thing.

Swords are a power weapon. They can be tricky to use in PvP because you have to get all up in their business. But, if you can behind people or catch em coming around corners you can do bad things. Swords are literally the only power weapon I have more than 0 kills with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I would be willing to pay a monthly subscription if destiny had more regular content releases

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Io is very pretty.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Curse of Osiris at least seems like it will be a far more substantial update than The Dark Below

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I wish there was more to do on Titan

It's easily my favorite new location

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I wish there was more to do on Titan

It's easily my favorite new location

it's kind of crazy to me that they make you run to treeland

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Ffffffffff.

My kingdom for a 305 chest piece, it's all I need to be gear capped. After that I can just skip all the milestones and only logon to raid.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So I should probably ask if there's a Titan subclass that's head and shoulders above the others?

I just unlocked Striker, and the appeal of an AoE execution super is very, very real, but Sentinel seems like it has a lot of utility.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    user wrote: »

With any sword at all it pays to maximize the ammo when selecting it's perks, as even the lowest 'Impact' sword possible still one shots someone at 10 Resilience, in the Crucible, and doing so gets you a few more slashes per Power Ammo pick up.
    I don't think magazine size affects ammo pickup amount anymore.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I should probably ask if there's a Titan subclass that's head and shoulders above the others?

I just unlocked Striker, and the appeal of an AoE execution super is very, very real, but Sentinel seems like it has a lot of utility.

Striker has pulse grenades, which do absurd damage in both PvE and PvP (like, you can destroy bosses with them) plus an ability that gives you two of them.

• Options
    I wouldn't say Striker is head and shoulders above the others, though, despite all that.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    My will power is gone, I am getting this

Blizz name is Fencingsax#11645

Edit: Have applied

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    My will power is gone, I am getting this

Yeah everyone lacks Discipline now

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Should I throw together a SE++ PC clan? There are only a few spots left in the console one.

Can’t the clan span all three systems agnostically? Each system getting their own 100?

No idea. Can it?

Nope, I think I’m actually wrong here.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Warlock also has blink
    So, the crucible. Is it normal for someone to be running around for the latter half of the match with a sword that one-shots you? I mean, the other team wasn't chaining them. It was one person with a solid two minutes (at least) of murderous slashing.

Yes.

Swords offer the best ammo utility of the heavy weapons with some getting around 9 ammo per pack.

Furthermore there is a sword named Complex Solution that regenerates ammo on kill, which means you can keep going for as long as your skill and luck support you. But it was probably some Hunter bastard with Quickfang, who may also have nabbed a second pack.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

In PVP striker is occasionally #1 for some game modes kda and winrate. Sentinel and Sunbreaker are generally the lowest ranked. I think that there is a degree of both of the other subclasses having less of a battering ram approach.

However Striker is A TONNE OF FUN and both of the options Code of the Earthshaker and Code of the Juggernaut are viable in both PVP and PVE. Earthshaker gets double pulse grenades and more or less does more damage in a shorter time, Juggernaut is well named and makes you an unstoppable punching machine that id hard to kill in PVE and can do some fun stuff in PVP.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    my experience today in PC crucible is that PC people don't yet know how to react to swords, because I was fucking cleaning up with them

Also, damn hand cannons are REALLY good in crucible on PC. I used Sunshot in a few rounds and that thing is a beast. Its like night and day compared to console crucible.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    how do i make it so that the enviroment isn't blindingly bright whenever i emerge from an interior or just look at the floor

• Options
    I haven't tested it out in-game, but in real life I've found a really good way to avoid that problem is to never go outside. Try that?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Didn't realize you could only be in one clan at a time. My next guy I will join the SE++ guys.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Didn't realize you could only be in one clan at a time. My next guy I will join the SE++ guys.

Clans are account-wide, not per-character.

• Options
    there's shockingly little that's character-specific really

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    We are up to 89 members in the clan right now, and while I'm happy to be one big multiplatform family, thats getting close to full

If we're going to need multiple SE clans it would be better to split by platform so that people can actually play together. Any PC folks want to start yourselves a new one?

• Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Orpheus Rig get. Mained hunter in D1 and almost solely nightstalker so that engram from Cayde at the end of yesterday's sesh was like all my Christmases at once :)

Watch Xur have it for sale tomorrow just to spite me.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I got a Sweet Business as my first Strike reward and I don't care if it's bad, business is picking up and business is good.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Skunty wrote: »
    Orpheus Rig get. Mained hunter in D1 and almost solely nightstalker so that engram from Cayde at the end of yesterday's sesh was like all my Christmases at once :)

Watch Xur have it for sale tomorrow just to spite me.

The Rig is ridiculous sometimes.
    When I was working on the prestige nightfall (pyramidion) last weekend ( spent like 2 hours but kept falling like 30 seconds short at the boss), there's several trash packs there where you can get a full charge off of them. Like most of the packs the boss spawns.

Or that one hallway about halfway through. You can get 2 shots off and still walk out with a grill charge.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Saw something about not doing missions that give exotic engrams till hitting 20, did one last night at all of level like...11? Is that a big screw up or just a little efficiency deal? They will start/keep dropping, like legendaries in diablo 3 right?
    Also Everytime I see a wizard, "that wizard is from the moon!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    My legendary engram drops and reputation rewards appear to be at 265 now, though most of my slots are still below that. Should I keep on trying to get everything to 265 (plus any mods) before going after the powerful gear rewards?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Saw something about not doing missions that give exotic engrams till hitting 20, did one last night at all of level like...11? Is that a big screw up or just a little efficiency deal? They will start/keep dropping, like legendaries in diablo 3 right?

You'll be fine, you can upgrade them just like Legendaries. It is a nice way to get a little boost if you push them off until your post-20 growth has started to slow down, though.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Brucelee41042Brucelee41042 Registered User regular
    So is there a PC clan up yet? If not, someone be less lazy than me and make one!

• Options
    edited October 2017

So, eventually, you will get milestones that give you Powerful Gear as a reward. Those you should hold off on if you want to level efficiently. Secondly eventually you will run into planetary Dynasty quests, there are three and a half and they each give you a specific set of items as a reward including an exotic weapons. These rewards are effect 0ively ALSO powerrful gear rewards but you can only do them once, so the efficient strategy isto wait until you are around 280 or even higher. These quests are indicated by a Purple crown icon, as opposed to a generic adventure or the Red War main quest icon.

So, no, you didnt even affect efficiency - the level for that exotic is capped and, if anything, getting that as soon as possible is the most efficient route as it will improve your drop level.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited October 2017

The ones people really suggest holding off on are missions that don't even exist until you hit 20/ finish the story.

There are two points in the story where you are awarded an exotic. One is a weapon, the other is a class armor. If you don't do those you're just stuck grinding out levels instead of playing the game as intended.

Edit: also, aside from infusing those exotics, once you collect an exotic you can always spend legendary shards (10 i think) and some glimmer to make a new copy of it from your vault. Those will come out at an appropriate light level.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Shen wrote: »
    My legendary engram drops and reputation rewards appear to be at 265 now, though most of my slots are still below that. Should I keep on trying to get everything to 265 (plus any mods) before going after the powerful gear rewards?

Don't worry about mods. They aren't counted for the purposes of determining what level you gear drops at. Even if your equipped light level is not quite 265, it goes based on the best possible gear in your inventory and vault.
    If your drops are already 265 then you're basically at the first cap and now is the time to crack open those luminous engrams in order to push the cap higher.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.