As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    You can change skills after, right? Or are you stuck with what you pick?

Once you unlock stuff, it's unlocked

But you can change which tree is active

Basically, here is what the skill trees look like:

(this is only one subclass but each subclass has the same layout)

Destiny%202%20class%20guide%20Warlock%20Dawnblade.jpg

The top three spots there are grenades, choose one at a time.

Left most is "class ability"

- warlocks get a "rift" AoE thing, you can choose healing or damage. This applies to any team mates that stand in it and is super good.

-Titans get a shield that they can pop down on the ground. One is a large shield, the other is a waist high one that will auto reload your guns. They each have their uses.

-Hunters get a dodge. One auto reloads their weapon, the other... uhh I can't remember? I never use the other one. People have mixed feelings about the dodge but I really like it in PvP. PvE it can be useful, but in PvP it is super sweet.

Bottom is your jump type. Each class has different feeling jumps.

Then on the right hand side, you see an upper tree and lower tree. You pick one tree at a time. You can swap between them, so for the most part you aren't locked in. You can get locked in for certain activities but its only for a few minutes. Also swapping during a hectic ass boss fight will get you killed probably.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Couple other things about skills. You buy them with upgrade points you get from leveling.

The grenades, jumps, and classes abilities are unlocked for all subclasses once you unlock it on any of them. The parts in subtrees on the right are not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Also here's my own personal opinion

if you want to be a master of destiny jumps for all time, start with warlock.

Not because it is the "best" jump. But because it is the strangest.

Titan jumps are kinda like jetpacks. Hunter jumps are standard double (or triple) jumps.

But warlocks have a strange floaty momentum thing going on that I don't even know how to describe. If you start with one of the other classes, their jumps are easy to get used to and learn how to use. Transitioning from those to warlock is really jarring.

(my own opinion is that there is no "best" jump - they all have their pluses and minuses)

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    As for classes I'm a huge fan of hunters. In my opinion they easily out-style everyone in most categories, except maybe warlocks get some sweet looking robes.

Hunters get a triple jump that feels familiar if you play platformers. They're very mobile, and while the other classes can sometimes get a little farther or a little higher with their jumps, hunters are the best at recovering from mistakes or adjusting to unexpected stuff midair.

2/3 of their subclasses knife dudes in the face with their basic melee. One of the subclasses can throw a knife as their melee power, and can spec it to recharge on a knife headshot, so you can run around oneshotting mooks with expertly thrown knives and feel like a super badass.

Their supers are pretty good in PvE. The arc super, (especially with the Raiden Flux exotic chest you can get from the story missions) is good at roaming around cleaning up trash. Shadowshot is also pretty good at trash (especially with the Orpheus Rig exotic legs) and okayish at single target. It used to be so good on bosses it was practically required in Destiny 1. Golden gun is great on bosses, again, especially if you have the supporting exotic. In this case, Celestial Nighthawk.

Unfortunately, their supers are pretty weak in PvP. They all have a relatively long wind up, so you have to activate from a safe place, then go find someone to kill before it wears off. Their grenades are also lacking compared to the other classes. And they have a very limited selection of armors that give recovery, which is basically the most important stat in PvP.

That said don't let anyone (probably not here. We're reasonable mostly) tell you not to play one because they suck. Recently I've heard of PUG raid groups flat out refusing hunters entry because the internet is doing that thing where something that isn't optimal is "terrible". I've beaten the raid in a group with 3 hunters. They're pretty good. In fact in my group the hunters have been topping the damage on the last boss consistently. Also they're great at the obstacle course event.

This has been me evangelizing and defending my favorite class. I'll let someone cover the others, which are also fun and cool.

But not as cool as hunters.

Golden Gun is pretty much considered to be the strongest PvP super tho

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Hey everyone I raided with Friday - it was a lot of fun, I know I talk a lot so thanks for indulging me. Did you guys beat that run? My partner and I are free Tuesday-Thursday this week, then a lot more once Halloween is over. I still want to beat the dang raid before I shelve Destiny until the xpac.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Also here's my own personal opinion

if you want to be a master of destiny jumps for all time, start with warlock.

Not because it is the "best" jump. But because it is the strangest.

Titan jumps are kinda like jetpacks. Hunter jumps are standard double (or triple) jumps.

But warlocks have a strange floaty momentum thing going on that I don't even know how to describe. If you start with one of the other classes, their jumps are easy to get used to and learn how to use. Transitioning from those to warlock is really jarring.

(my own opinion is that there is no "best" jump - they all have their pluses and minuses)

Warlock's jump being described as "floaty" is actually a super accurate way to put it.

What it does is suddenly make gravity effect you way less.

So if you immediately hit it after jumping, your jump will go much higher.

If you hit it at the peak of your jump, you'll float straight forward.

If you hit it on your way down from a jump, you'll kind of pause in the air for a moment then start descending again, but at a lessened speed.

Think of it as essentially when you want the moon's gravity to suddenly apply to you instead of Earth's.

I haven't played Destiny 2 yet (I will be tomorrow though), but in the first one I always took the speed boost option for it.

That meant super big jumps with early use, and speedy horizontal movement when used at the peak of hops.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The really big downside to the warlock jump compared to the other jumps is that it's really got no way to recover from a bad jump. Titan's will get you moving horizontally, hunter's will get you a little bit of upward momentum, but with a warlock's you'll keep going down, just in a mildly floofier manner.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey so I get an energy drink once or twice a week and have been collecting those tabs to get ingrams, are these random, should I wait until I'm max level to use them? Or are they set loot?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey @SirEtchwarts could we get a list of PC people going? I know I'm PC.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    @Vann Diras you ever get a nightfall in? I’d be glad to help out if you want!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey SirEtchwarts could we get a list of PC people going? I know I'm PC.

For sure!

Everyone else, feel free to PM me your PC names for a PC list in the OP.

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I raided with Friday - it was a lot of fun, I know I talk a lot so thanks for indulging me. Did you guys beat that run? My partner and I are free Tuesday-Thursday this week, then a lot more once Halloween is over. I still want to beat the dang raid before I shelve Destiny until the xpac.

I'm down!

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I'm also down! Can I suggest Wednesday?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I forgot this was coming today

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    @Vann Diras you ever get a nightfall in? I’d be glad to help out if you want!

Hey thanks @Aphostile

Sadly I had already turned in but thanks for the offer. Maybe this week we can kick that nightfall *clenches fist* right in the butt

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    Throwing my name in the hat for PC - Blizzard ID SamuraiGatts#1472

Do we have a PC guild leader in mind?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    I'm also gonna be playing on PC - Blizzard ID Calonis#11638

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I'd be down to join the raid group forming on PSN but I've already promised to play with some friends on PC this week(end)

My Blizzard ID is Kadith#1532

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    nightfall this week is... the same modifiers, different zone.. what? guess we can't complain, the mods are fun I guess?

flashpoint is on Io. the most annoying planet(tm)

eververse this week is selling an exotic sparrow, sweet looking with 160 movement speed, for 2500 bright..grams.. or whatever.
    AND a totally Sweet skin for the Sweet Business.

I spent aaaalll my brightgrams.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the most annoying planet for flashpoint is Titan, because there aren't enough public events and there are only 2 different kinds

also these nightfall mods are by far the most fun

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Io is the best flashpoint planet because it makes me farming it easier

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    the terrain on Io gives me fits. a lot of the plateaus and junk are juuust high enough that you can't power jump up there, and the waypoints don't take the Z direction into account..

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    ok but I need gemsym hunter armor

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    for some reason it bothers me that Io in destiny 2 isn't a deathtrap like it is in real life

where's all the gat dang lava

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    the most annoying planet for flashpoint is Titan, because there aren't enough public events and there are only 2 different kinds

also these nightfall mods are by far the most fun

At least on Titan you only need 3 heroic ones to finish the milestone. That's like 15 minutes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    it's a little crazy there's not an event in that big room in the arcology

• Options
    it's a little crazy there's not an event in that big room in the arcology

Yeah, hopefully they'll squeeze a few new things in as time goes by.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    at least on Titan people know how to unlock the heroic.

did my flashpoint this morning and 3 out of 4 were Taken blight (which is already the worst) and noobs were shooting the blights and ending it early, non-heroic...

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    QuantumTurk #1711 (just so I'm on the page with other names) will be ready to shootymans sometime around 6 EST. I assume the rest of you will be max level by then.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I prefer Titan flashpoints

The walker and Hive ritual are super easy to knock out real quick

• Options
    jwalk wrote: »

did my flashpoint this morning and 3 out of 4 were Taken blight (which is already the worst) and noobs were shooting the blights and ending it early, non-heroic...

shooting the blights is how you trigger heroic. Killing the taken is what ends it early.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017

how do you unlock the heroic in that one?

actually how do you unlock the heroic in...pretty much all of them, come to think of it I only know how to to do it in the fallen walker one

Shorty on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited October 2017

how do you unlock the heroic in that one?

actually how do you unlock the heroic in...pretty much all of them, come to think of it I only know how to to do it in the fallen walker one
    Here you go

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Risk Runner is really good for the taken blight event. I once unloaded into the blight for the entire duration without letting up on trigger.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    risk runner is pretty much always dope

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Are there other purples that are considered as necessary as Origin Story?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    ooh, eververse is selling Tarnished Copper shader, I'd been planning on using that for my Titan's armor

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

Necessary is overselling it. I dismantled mine and have been fine.

Nameless Midnight is a stupidly good scout rifle for PVE.
    Uriel's Gift is an AR that's great for PvP.
    Curtain Call is a good cluster bomb rocket launcher.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

If you like Scout Rifles, Nameless Midnight

If you like Hand Cannons, Better Devils

This discussion has been closed.