Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Also, note that your drop level is affected by your maximum potential base power - which is to say that drops are calculated based upon what you have in your inventory, vault and alternate characters. So, if you get a kinetic sidearm or something that is a higher level than the rest of your kinetic guns but you hate it, don't dismantle it, just keep it in your inventory until sonething higher drops and keep using the gear you like.

As long as you aren't a ton of levels below the recomended power for whatever you are doing it shouldn't be much harder, but you can enjoy both a preferred gun and better drops.

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Request sent. Unless I'm not good enough because I'm not max level yet, which, fair.

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Request sent. Unless I'm not good enough because I'm not max level yet, which, fair.

Approved. All are welcome. If it fills up at some point we can be more picky.

SamuraiGatts on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Don't worry. Clans, at least in general are basically just social groups. By doing literally anything you contribute to clan XP. It's not like old school mmo guild's where it takes 40 people to raid, plus crafters and gold farmers and subs.

Clans hold 100 and the raid only holds 6.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also blink is probably the coolest jump, but just isn't actually meant for platforming huh? Also reallyyy unsure how to consistently get my full upward boost when jumping off of sloped things. (As warlock, generally with the skill that gives more of a speed boost) It seems like the window to double tap space is already small, and gets smaller on slopes? Possibly just my janky keyboard though.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Didn't realize you could only be in one clan at a time. My next guy I will join the SE++ guys.

Clans are account-wide, not per-character.

Then.... Blizz friend me and we can figure something out, I guess.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i'm downloading this now, i haven't decided which Guy to make though.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    dang I'm getting 10 mbs on this thing, that is crazy.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Also blink is probably the coolest jump, but just isn't actually meant for platforming huh? Also reallyyy unsure how to consistently get my full upward boost when jumping off of sloped things. (As warlock, generally with the skill that gives more of a speed boost) It seems like the window to double tap space is already small, and gets smaller on slopes? Possibly just my janky keyboard though.

I literally only use the boost glide (or blink in pvp). Just launch yourself into the air then figure out the rest from there

• Options

I literally only use the boost glide (or blink in pvp). Just launch yourself into the air then figure out the rest from there

Which seems like a legit, good strategy for accomplishing things. But it's not a teleport spell. And I'm a warlock. SOooooooo. *Fwip* *fwip* *fwip* *fwip...oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiii....*

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh, blues cap at 260 (presumably until you're 271+, excluding mods). Alright, rather than try and random a warlock bond or some gloves from I'll just make a start on the Mida quest.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Oh, blues cap at 260 (presumably until you're 271+, excluding mods). Alright, rather than try and random a warlock bond or some gloves from I'll just make a start on the Mida quest.

So blues actually cap out at higher levels as you keep gaining light levels

my blues on ps4, for example, drop at 293/294

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    They can also occasionally drop even higher. Not sure what the criteria for that is. Possibly just RNG. My blues mostly drop at same level as my purples (297ish) will very rarely I'll get a 300.

There is a guy who just for "fun" assembled a full set of 300 blues with mods to get 305. It apparently took an absurd amount of public event and lost sector farming.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hey so really though, what guy should I make

• Options

Which seems like a legit, good strategy for accomplishing things. But it's not a teleport spell. And I'm a warlock. SOooooooo. *Fwip* *fwip* *fwip* *fwip...oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiii....*

realizing there was a short cooldown after a couple blinks in a row made me incredibly sad

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    hey so really though, what guy should I make

how do you like to play game

they're not substantially different in the end

titans are generally a tiny bit tougher, with rocket boots and deployable barrier; hunters are more mobile, with double/triple jump and a dodge that reloads; warlocks' shields recover faster, with a floaty momentum-based jump and an AOE buff to plop out

the tougher/mobile/recovery thing is based on general gear drops, not anything inherent to my knowledge

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    i thiiiink i will go warlock then

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

So blues actually cap out at higher levels as you keep gaining light levels

my blues on ps4, for example, drop at 293/294

Once your character is at "natural 300 LL", blues (like Vendor rewards) will drop from 295 to 300.

In general, drops are always scaling with your character, but whether intentionally or not, the algorithm governing their value starts to lag around 265 and (depending on the number of purple mods equipped) will appear to be 5 - 8 light below your current max.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure I understand the caps...

after this last reset the first 2-3 powerful engrams (milestones) I got dropped at 300, and I was able to upgrade a couple of slots and now I'm at 303 max (or 298 natural). but then the next 2-3 powerful engrams dropped at 296 or 297. ??? how am I supposed to level up if powerful engrams are dropping below my natural LL.

and then blues and purples are dropping at 292-293 (or 298 with a +5mod). which makes no sense if they are supposed to be -5 your natural level (298) ? shouldn't they be dropping at 297-298? or are they supposed to be 10-11 below?

I mean I saved up all my tokens and gunsmith materials until after I did the milestones so I could upgrade my shit, but they are literally dropping at the SAME level they did last week, before this last round of Powerfuls.

is my dude bugged or what?

jwalk on
  • Options
    I doubt you're bugged, it sounds like your average light level might be lower than you think it is

powerful gear should always drop at your highest possible equipable light level.
    Blues and Purples should be dropping a couple levels below that and should be equal to your current light level without mods.

• Options
    yeah that's what I thought. but my current max (displayed) level is 303. everything has a +5 mod of course, so that means my natural level is 303-5=298.
    right?

blues, and purples without mods, are dropping at 292 or 293. the highest I can infuse anything from drops (straight drops, engrams, or token/gunsmith turn ins) is 298 (293+5).

• Options
    If your displayed LL is 303 it should be impossible for a powerful engram to drop below 300.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    right at the end i noticed sometimes my powerful engrams would show at 299 then i'd just leave them unclaimed and come back later and they'd be 300.

if your natural light level is 298 then 292/3 blues/purples/drops sounds right. they don't go past 295 until you're natural 300.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am enjoying Warlock, personally.

• Options
    I have 2 titans I'm working on. I collect all the powerful engrams for the week, then move all my gear over to the 2nd one and repeat.
    I know for a fact the last 2 powerfuls - crucible and clan xp, on the 2nd toon dropped at 297 or so... I literally dismantled both because they were no use to me at all..

I thought maybe I forgot to move some gear over, but clearly my displayed LL is 303. I have 305's in every slot except 2 (hat and boots).

check it out, you can't see the whole toon I guess, but at the bottom human titan is 303 https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/16026813/Walk2k
    (ignore the 3rd one, I don't use)

• Options
    oh. they did that on purpose to stop people from power leveling one class with repeats

• Options
    As a general thing, at least on warlock, am I selling myself short by not supering as often as I can? Am I being the guy hoarding buff potions "just in case" or am I sensibly holding onto my super for big bads?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If your displayed LL is 303 it should be impossible for a powerful engram to drop below 300.

Nope, the game's reading your max light without any +5 mods, at 303 it's reading 298; drops aren't guaranteed to drop at your max light, they very often do drop a few levels below. When you hit the cap max stuff drops at 300 but I routinely see 295-297 blues and legendaries.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    HEY PC PEOPLE!

Join this clan! https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2801801

The one in the OP is already pretty much full with PS4 people and while I'm sure you're all lovely folks it would be better for you finding groups and such if you're in the PC clan with other PC players and that way our last few spots are free for any new PS4 players that come along

@SirEtchwarts can we get the OP updated with PC clan info when you have a chance please?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    That's fair. Left the main and joined the PC clan instead.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

Nope, the game's reading your max light without any +5 mods, at 303 it's reading 298; drops aren't guaranteed to drop at your max light, they very often do drop a few levels below. When you hit the cap max stuff drops at 300 but I routinely see 295-297 blues and legendaries.

I'm talking specifically about powerful AKA luminous engrams which drop at/above your max LL in order to push it higher.

Though it was revealed just a few posts ago that jwalk is doubling up on a class which does apply a penalty. Forgot about that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As a general thing, at least on warlock, am I selling myself short by not supering as often as I can? Am I being the guy hoarding buff potions "just in case" or am I sensibly holding onto my super for big bads?

It really depends on what you're doing. There are some strikes where I fire off my super a lot as a hunter, and others where I hang onto it for bigger encounters. I think more often than not you can earn at least two supers per strike so its worth firing one off earlier.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Man, hand cannons feel so good to use on PC.

• Options

Here's your can i use my super checklist:
    1a. Is there a boss enemy that has a lot of health?
    1b. Is there a pile of enemies that will kill me if don't use it?
    1c. Is there a pile of enemies that will take a while to clear out if i don't use it?
    1d. Is there a pile of enemies guarding a vital objective?
    1e. Is there a pile of enemies that i think it would be fun to make explode?

2. Do i think i have about 3 minutes until the next time i ask myself the previous question?

If you answered yes to any of 1x and 2, go ahead and use it.

Bonus question: is there a public event rally flag i can lick to recharge it and literally anything, even 1 dreg around?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I'm talking specifically about powerful AKA luminous engrams which drop at/above your max LL in order to push it higher.

Though it was revealed just a few posts ago that jwalk is doubling up on a class which does apply a penalty. Forgot about that.

Nevermind then, sorry!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I didn't know there was a penalty.. is that new?

I understand the "natural level" thing (before +5 mods) and that my natural level is (303-5)=298. and that blues/purples drop at 5-6 levels below that (so 292-293 for me, which they do, unless it's a purple with a +5 mod already which they do rarely, so those = 297-298) but that doesn't explain why powerfuls would drop below 298 - unless there's a penalty.

I guess that clears that up.

that basically removes half the milestones I can do every week. unless I create a warlock & hunter?

jwalk on
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Also, note that your drop level is affected by your maximum potential base power - which is to say that drops are calculated based upon what you have in your inventory, vault and alternate characters..

well no, it doesn't use your vault or alt toons. if that were the case then when you created a new toon, the first thing that dropped would be 300 or whatever..
    you have to have the equipment on that toon, and it has to be useable by them also (can't drop a 305 weapon on a new level 1 toon as they req. level 20)

right?

• Options
    afaik it doesn't count your vault or other characters.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    It does count all gear you have, including in the vault and on other characters, but only armor of the same class

This discussion has been closed.