Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Had a fun moment last night, rushing to a public event that was sadly empty on my instance and saying "Screw it, i'll do it anyway" and having a great intense fight with the goblins and whatnot but I think I failed and got a pity chest with just glimmer and a token? Voice saying "well, we slowed them down I guess?" at the end. I guess I let too many re-integrate?

Also it says good things I really wish I got off work earlier to play some more. And that I'm a little resentful of this party I'm going to tonight. (Whiskey! With friends! It'le be fun! But my shootylady languishes!)

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm happy that you get rewards for failing a public event. It means folks will join them regardless of whether anyone else is around, which means folks show up a little ways into it and help you beat it.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I feel very patronized when that happens

But yes from a design perspective it's a good idea

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So that clan xp thing is more motivating than I'd expect. Everytime it told me I made personal clan xp:

cf2fvdn9ge55.gif

yeah just kind of a shame that a clan with 15-20 active members can hit the cap 18 hours after the reset.

jwalk on
  • Options
    jwalk wrote: »
    once I triggered the heroic on the ser
    So that clan xp thing is more motivating than I'd expect. Everytime it told me I made personal clan xp:

cf2fvdn9ge55.gif

yeah just kind of a shame that a clan with 15-20 active members can hit the cap 18 hours after the reset.

I kinda get that though, it's a tough road to balance between clans with 100 members who all think they are hardcore vs a small groups who may be some real life friends who want a clan of their own to dick around with.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    man, the stuff that happens in this game is totally inscrutable.

i think it would be better if the radio chatter between your ghost and the support members was in any way good or competent or funny. I would rather it be totally silent.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    I'm so down for the cheese, but I also love nathon fillon, Lance Reddick and Gina Torres sooo

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I would give anything to hear Lance Reddick playing through a raid

Like, just calling out "DOG BOTTOM" in that wonderful sonorous voice of his

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    I'm liking playing through this. I didn't play destiny 1. I just got to Titan and am like level 9. The only thing that's really taken me out of it so far is the weird smoke door spawn points. I feel like they could have hidden those a lot better.

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I finally got to a point where my preferred loadout is also my highest-power loadout

feels goodman

• Options
    I am getting to the point where I want to strangle Sloan

All I want is the Lost Pacific warlock chest piece. The bond would be nice, but whatever.

I must have given her 400 tokens. I've got the gloves twice and the boots three times.

I just want the chest.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

i think it would be better if the radio chatter between your ghost and the support members was in any way good or competent or funny. I would rather it be totally silent.

Who among us does not love infrastructure?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

All I want is the Lost Pacific warlock chest piece. The bond would be nice, but whatever.

I must have given her 400 tokens. I've got the gloves twice and the boots three times.

I just want the chest.

I spent so much time grinding to the get the last piece of the EDZ armor kit, as I go the first four pieces very quickly

I don't know where I see how many tokens I have turned in, but it must be somewhere above 300, I gave up

I sharded so many dupes

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

I just want the chest.

I've done the same for Asher and he's literally only ever given me one pair of his gloves. I have spent my LIFE on Io and I only have one single pair of gloves.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Asher knows he will have no one as soon as he gives them to you

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    lucky for me, I don't like any of the planet armor sets

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The only thing I hadn't gotten yet was the crucible hood, and I got it through a clan emblem last week.

So, thanks for whoever earned that.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So I have tons of free time this weekend, does anyone want to take a stab at Trials?

Specifically three someones, as you need a team of 4?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Trials is shut down until next weekend.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

Lost Pacific armours are all so good

Don't you wanna run around in space, punching aliens while cosplaying Buzz Aldrin?

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

Lost Pacific armours are all so good

Don't you wanna run around in space, punching aliens while cosplaying Buzz Aldrin?

nah it's not for me, I like the gear that looks like it's from the future, not the 60's

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't want to run anything except Recovery armor sets and luckily the Iron Banner and Crucible sets are that, soooooooooo I'm good.

but I did keep that one Lost Pacific helmet that I got because lol astronauts

• Options
    Xur is on Io this week.

He has Knucklehead Radar
    Actium War Rig
    Eye of Another World
    And D.A.R.C.I

I just bought all 4

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

To me one of the biggest failings of the main story campaign is their inability to sync up what actually happens on each planet with the main story.

We go to Titan to meet with Zavala and end up searching for golden age technology to research the cabal.
    We go to Nessus to rescue Cayde. So that works sort of at least.
    We go to Io and we end up searching for golden age technology to research the cabal.

You don't even really interact with the red legion in any significant way until you get back to earth.

Come on bungie we've been scanning warminds for answers for 4 years now! you couldn't have come up with anything different?

It seems so obvious to have the quest on each planet being some sort of journey to address the crisis of faith and restore the light to each of the leaders of the vanguard. Instead the vanguard are lightless for the entire campaign which just seems sort of weird?

Maybe they thought it would be too hard to do that and having to code behavior for each of the leaders of the vanguard. Instead you're doing Old Destiny Standby of descending in to golden age vaults to find High Tech Maguffin.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I got pretty lucky and found all the stuff I like the look of early on. I'm not married to the Bond, but there aren't really any other options that fit my aesthetic better, so I figured I may as well rep Dead Orbit. Funny thing is, to get a "unified" look I was happy with in mostly dark blue and silver, I wound up using five different shader types on my armor.

Head - 301 Eye of Another World (Midnight Talons), with Armor mod.
    Chest - 302 High-Minded Complex (Metro Shift), with Kinetic Reload mod.
    Gauntlets - 297 Tesseract Trace IV (Omalon Meteor), with Power Reload mod.
    Legs - 304 Tesseract Trace IV (Powder Blue), with Regen mod.
    Bond - 297 Stella Incognita Bond (New Pacific Sink), with Regen mod.

I'm pretty happy with my mods right now, got 10 Regen, 5 Armor, 1 Mobility... got to take another look at my options and see if there's a way I could shuffle that mobility over to Armor. All my weapons (MIDA Multi and Mini Tools, Man o' War linear fusion rifle) are 305, and my total power is 302 right now. I'm still using Stormcaller 99% of the time, generally using the top tree (with the chain lightning effects) and Storm Grenade when I solo, but switching to the bottom tree (with the arc buddies from your rift) and Pulse Grenade when I team. Either way, healing rift and the jump with the speed boost.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    So this exotic helmet I got as a reward with space smoke inside, there’s no way to make it better until I’m 20?

• Options
    So this exotic helmet I got as a reward with space smoke inside, there’s no way to make it better until I’m 20?

not if it's your first character, no

you need legendary shards to infuse gear, which you get for breaking down purple gear

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So it is, well shit

Good job abusing a emote glitch and ruining things for everyone, silly geese

• Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

To me one of the biggest failings of the main story campaign is their inability to sync up what actually happens on each planet with the main story.

We go to Titan to meet with Zavala and end up searching for golden age technology to research the cabal.
    We go to Nessus to rescue Cayde. So that works sort of at least.
    We go to Io and we end up searching for golden age technology to research the cabal.

You don't even really interact with the red legion in any significant way until you get back to earth.

Come on bungie we've been scanning warminds for answers for 4 years now! you couldn't have come up with anything different?

It seems so obvious to have the quest on each planet being some sort of journey to address the crisis of faith and restore the light to each of the leaders of the vanguard. Instead the vanguard are lightless for the entire campaign which just seems sort of weird?

Maybe they thought it would be too hard to do that and having to code behavior for each of the leaders of the vanguard. Instead you're doing Old Destiny Standby of descending in to golden age vaults to find High Tech Maguffin.

They also make a huge deal about you being the only guardian with light (except for every other player that you see and isn’t mentioned.)

And it is pretty eye rolling how every main character has to fall all over themselves to tell you how cool you are. It just feels like the wrong narrative lessons to learn about making an mmo.

• Options

No, you can infuse at any level, or at least any after 10 or so

You can only use blue or purple items to infuse though. Also, it needs to be the same type of item (warlock helmet to warlock helmet for example)

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So it is, well shit

Good job abusing a emote glitch and ruining things for everyone, silly geese

Wait now, what new bullshit is this?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options

You can only use blue or purple items to infuse though. Also, it needs to be the same type of item (warlock helmet to warlock helmet for example)

But it looks like I need legendary shards which I read were end game rewards?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Apparently the silly walk emote has a backstep in it that was allowing players to glitch through walls which was messing with things in PVP

So they cancelled Trials for 2 weeks while they fix it. It's supposed to be every weekend, which is why I was assuming it was available this weekend.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options

But it looks like I need legendary shards which I read were end game rewards?

Nah you get shards from melting purple weapons or armour

• Options
    Oh ok I just haven’t gotten any of those yet I guess. I’m level fifteen though so it’s not like it’s a long time till twenty anyway.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    The fallen seem to have infinite dudes and guns and supplies I don’t see why they need to scavenge anything!

Edit: is there ever any narrative reason given for why some areas will not allow you to respawn

cursedking on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    The fallen seem to have infinite dudes and guns and supplies I don’t see why they need to scavenge anything!

Edit: is there ever any narrative reason given for why some areas will not allow you to respawn

they're just too scary

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    the light is blocked or something.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    The Light not being there feels much more believable this time around at least

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Most of the raids and whatever are post game, right?

This discussion has been closed.